Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! 05:52 - Jan 9 with 14653 viewsNotLoyal

Sunderland at the stadium of light is next up for Swansea City. It’s a tough trip, and not only for the team who hopefully will show a little more respect for the travelling supporters than they did at Bristol City last Sunday. You are not entitled !

Andy Melville played for both sides.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59344/swansea-city-all-s

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59343/mowbray-has-some-s

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59347/swansea-city-exert

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59355/everything-russell

Sunderland: Anthony Patterson, Corry Evans (captain), Daniel Ballard, Patrick Roberts, Ross Stewart, Trai Hume, Jack Clarke, Daniel Neil, Luke O'Nien, Lynden Gooch, Amad Diallo.

Substitutes: Alex Bass, Bailey Wright, Danny Batth, Abdoullah Ra, Leon Dajaku, Jewison Bennette, Edouard Michut.

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Joel Latibeaudiere, Ben Cabango, Harry Darling, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Joe Allen, Matt Grimes (captain), Ollie Cooper; Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Olivier Ntcham, Luke Cundle, Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Matty Sorinola, Cameron Congreve.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 20:12 - Jan 14 with 1676 viewsRichardO

Are teams now looking to target Cooper as they see him as one of our main threats.
Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 21:01 - Jan 14 with 1578 viewsbuilthjack

Great win.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 21:10 - Jan 14 with 1568 viewsvetchonian

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 17:25 - Jan 14 by builthjack

The usual moaner groaners should stay off here tonight.

always good when we win but let's not run away with ourselves 3 wins in 12 games 2 against 10 men and the other against an injury ravaged side

I'm always happy when we win I will still moan and groan about our manager who flatters to deceive

yes we won against 10 men who managed to equalise with 1 player less than us...m

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 21:13 - Jan 14 with 1556 viewsonehunglow

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 21:10 - Jan 14 by vetchonian

always good when we win but let's not run away with ourselves 3 wins in 12 games 2 against 10 men and the other against an injury ravaged side

I'm always happy when we win I will still moan and groan about our manager who flatters to deceive

yes we won against 10 men who managed to equalise with 1 player less than us...m

It brings out the positive crew 5hoigh in their legions
Imagine what we really could do.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 21:53 - Jan 14 with 1513 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 16:49 - Jan 14 by max936

Cracking young Player, fairplay.

Should have played in the World Cup. The fact page stuck by old past it’s like Ramsey booked us the first plane home

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 21:54 - Jan 14 with 1515 views1462jack

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 21:13 - Jan 14 by onehunglow

Ah hello
Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 21:57 - Jan 14 with 1506 viewslifelong

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 21:10 - Jan 14 by vetchonian

Always happy when we win…
Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:13 - Jan 14 with 1466 viewsDr_Parnassus

A most welcome 3 points, we needed some luck to break this horrific run.

Can’t get too excited with Sunderland down to 10 men from the 19th minute, but any win is a welcome win.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Login to get fewer ads

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:17 - Jan 14 with 1471 viewsKeithHaynes

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 21:13 - Jan 14 by onehunglow

Two wins from three, all good.

The negativity from a few on here after a 3-1 win is pathetic.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:28 - Jan 14 with 1439 viewsbuilthjack

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:17 - Jan 14 by KeithHaynes

Two wins from three, all good.

The negativity from a few on here after a 3-1 win is pathetic.

They like to see us lose Keith. Pathetic is the perfect word for them.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:30 - Jan 14 with 1438 viewsSTID2017

Excellent win today Swans.
And brilliant support from the Jack Army
Looking forward to QPR next week

Just hope I dont get lost after the game
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 22:31]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:30 - Jan 14 with 1432 viewsBoundy

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:13 - Jan 14 by Dr_Parnassus

A most welcome 3 points, we needed some luck to break this horrific run.

Can’t get too excited with Sunderland down to 10 men from the 19th minute, but any win is a welcome win.

History indeed our very own, being down to ten men isn't a prerequisite of a win for those with 11 , Southampton last year springs to mind , in fact Arsenal a few years ago won more games when they were down to 10 men than when they had 11. Not sure what luck we had today , 3 good goals scored imo

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:37 - Jan 14 with 1409 viewsswan_si

I hope Cullen scoring today didn't ruin your birthday.
Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:40 - Jan 14 with 1399 viewsSTID2017

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:30 - Jan 14 by Boundy

History indeed our very own, being down to ten men isn't a prerequisite of a win for those with 11 , Southampton last year springs to mind , in fact Arsenal a few years ago won more games when they were down to 10 men than when they had 11. Not sure what luck we had today , 3 good goals scored imo

Not sure what was posted above, but judging from your reply, it was probably similar to what Vetch posted elsewhere.
Likewise my reply to Vetch was similar to yours without the examples.
Some are never happy

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:41 - Jan 14 with 1393 viewsbuilthjack

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:30 - Jan 14 by STID2017

Excellent win today Swans.
And brilliant support from the Jack Army
Looking forward to QPR next week

Just hope I dont get lost after the game
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 22:31]

Fireboy is bringing the reins

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:42 - Jan 14 with 1387 viewsSTID2017

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:41 - Jan 14 by builthjack

Fireboy is bringing the reins

Cheek

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 23:05 - Jan 14 with 1315 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:30 - Jan 14 by Boundy

Are you saying it’s not a very clear handicap to be down to 10 men for 72 mins of the game?

I can’t fathom some peoples thought processes at times.

It happening before (not beating a team with 10 men for most of the match) is irrelevant.

Some people have survived falling 40,000 feet out of a plane with no parachute, I wouldn’t recommend it though and would certainly say it’s a distinct handicap if you don’t have one.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 00:38 - Jan 15 with 1242 viewslifelong

Whenever we play a team with 10 men, or we go down to 10 men, my mind goes back to our promotion season, first game of the Forest away semi final when Neil Taylor was sent off by Mike Dean early in the first half…. Brilliant performance by us to earn a nil nil.
Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 08:37 - Jan 15 with 1091 viewsBoundy

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 23:05 - Jan 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Are you saying it’s not a very clear handicap to be down to 10 men for 72 mins of the game?

I can’t fathom some peoples thought processes at times.

It happening before (not beating a team with 10 men for most of the match) is irrelevant.

Some people have survived falling 40,000 feet out of a plane with no parachute, I wouldn’t recommend it though and would certainly say it’s a distinct handicap if you don’t have one.

if you can't provide a counter argument without resorting to questioning other posters mental capacity then expect the brickbats you so often receive .I'm not unlike yourself an egomaniac who has to have the last word nor do I try to change the subject to try and dominate the conversation . If you believe that we beat a team 11v 10 is irrelevant then why mention it
The floors yours ,I'm out of this one particular conversation with you

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 09:10 - Jan 15 with 1057 viewsvetchonian

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 22:40 - Jan 14 by STID2017

Not sure what was posted above, but judging from your reply, it was probably similar to what Vetch posted elsewhere.
Likewise my reply to Vetch was similar to yours without the examples.
Some are never happy

I'm more than happy we won ...it was needed to break the our poor recent run of form but I guess it's just the realist in me concerned we will all run away with ourselves I'm sorry if my views are taken as negative they dont mean to be....lots of positives from the game on Piroe and Cullen scoring again Oli continues to impress he may be an asset for sale at value in the future ( unfortunately for us) but lots of positives despite my perceived gloom mongering

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 09:21 - Jan 15 with 1037 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 08:37 - Jan 15 by Boundy

if you can't provide a counter argument without resorting to questioning other posters mental capacity then expect the brickbats you so often receive .I'm not unlike yourself an egomaniac who has to have the last word nor do I try to change the subject to try and dominate the conversation . If you believe that we beat a team 11v 10 is irrelevant then why mention it
The floors yours ,I'm out of this one particular conversation with you

Thought process, not mental capacity.

And just to be clear there is no counter argument to what you said. What you said was just plainly and obviously wrong. My post is just a fact, not a counter argument. There is no argument to be had.

You seem to be of the opinion that because teams reduced to 10 men early on have on occasion not been beaten - it means it’s not a disadvantage.

I don’t think a team of 11 v 10 is irrelevant, it’s clearly extremely relevant. You are the one who seems to think it’s an irrelevance.

So again, people have survived before jumping from a plane with no parachute. Would you say it’s a massive advantage to survival in that instance with one though?

Same goes for an extra man, it’s massively advantageous to have it… teams in the past, on occasion, not being beaten has no effect on that fact.

Not sure what is remotely tricky to understand about that. If it’s of no disadvantage to have less players then let’s play with 10 every match and save on wages.

You are out because there is simply no come back to what I have said.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2023 9:28]

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 09:27 - Jan 15 with 1026 viewsonehunglow

Teams of ten person must be easier to beat if the extra space is utilised correctly .
We ve lost games in the recent past against teams with less men after we d led the game .

It’s alw@ya good to win but please folks don’t get carried away ….Burnley will be promoted well before the end of the season as will the Blades. Playoffs will see Boro and WBA fight it out,two clubs who ditched their manager .

All Cullens goals are tap ins ,Rebounds or deflections . He s a good lad who listens and does what he is told and works hard He has @ terrific attitude and it’s a crying shame more talented players don’t have that .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 09:27 - Jan 15 with 1016 viewsDr_Parnassus

So 6 times out of 10 a team reduced to 10 men will lose.

This is based on the average red card time of 59 minutes (21 minute per match man advantage).

Against Sunderland we had the advantage for 72 minutes.

That 6/10 based on a 21 minute man advantage, trends more towards 8/10 or 9/10 based on 72 minute advantage.

Those are the facts.

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 11:03 - Jan 15 with 935 viewsmagicdaps10

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 09:27 - Jan 15 by Dr_Parnassus

So 6 times out of 10 a team reduced to 10 men will lose.

This is based on the average red card time of 59 minutes (21 minute per match man advantage).

Against Sunderland we had the advantage for 72 minutes.

That 6/10 based on a 21 minute man advantage, trends more towards 8/10 or 9/10 based on 72 minute advantage.

Those are the facts.

Do you have one for teams playing home and away?

Not sure of the outcome but I would be Suprised if it wasn't different to that graph below.

Would be interesting to see the full facts.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 11:06 - Jan 15 with 927 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sunderland v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 GAME DAY UPDATES ! on 11:03 - Jan 15 by magicdaps10

Do you have one for teams playing home and away?

Not sure of the outcome but I would be Suprised if it wasn't different to that graph below.

Would be interesting to see the full facts.

I don’t, but that incorporates home and away teams and that’s the average.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024