Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester United (h) Match Thread 12:09 - Jan 13 with 27627 viewsHullDale

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 17:41 - Jan 13 with 10442 viewsBrierls

Pitch inspection at 09:00 tomorrow. Currently playable (minor miracle) but more rain forecast overnight.

I'm not optimistic! Which would be a real shame as we'd lose the momentum gained on Tuesday, not to mention Colchester having opportunity to spend more £££ on players and impressive new signings already made having time to settle in.
Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 17:47 - Jan 13 with 10427 viewsD_Alien

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 17:41 - Jan 13 by Brierls

Pitch inspection at 09:00 tomorrow. Currently playable (minor miracle) but more rain forecast overnight.

I'm not optimistic! Which would be a real shame as we'd lose the momentum gained on Tuesday, not to mention Colchester having opportunity to spend more £££ on players and impressive new signings already made having time to settle in.

A concern might be that the officials don't wait as long as possible, not giving the weather chance to change and the pitch to recover as they did last week

The club need to.impress this upon the ref. Hopefully, Colchester will have travelled overnight so this isn't a factor

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 18:03 - Jan 13 with 10378 viewsBrierls

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 17:47 - Jan 13 by D_Alien

A concern might be that the officials don't wait as long as possible, not giving the weather chance to change and the pitch to recover as they did last week

The club need to.impress this upon the ref. Hopefully, Colchester will have travelled overnight so this isn't a factor

I fear the 09:00 pitch inspection has scuppered the chances of it being on. I'm not sure if this has been decided by the ref or between the clubs, but it's doesn't give much hope.

It makes me wonder if the pitch is 'playable' in parts but it would have been called off by a league ref, yet the club want to give it the slimmest of chances without being unfair to travelling fans.
Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 18:12 - Jan 13 with 10351 viewsturnthescrew

There's no way that the Colchester team will be waiting until 9.00 am to set off. They will already be up North somewhere and probably be within an hour of Spotland.

I'm sure all factors will be considered, weather forecast, supporters etc., but getting the game on and giving the staff every opportunity to ensure it can go ahead is the main priority. Let's hope they can do like they did last week and get the game on.
Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 18:29 - Jan 13 with 10263 viewsHullDale

Light rain until 11pm, heavy rain until 11am and then scattered showers and strong winds by the look of it.

I really hope we do what we can to get it on, or at least force a later pitch inspection to give the wind time to blow some of the top water off for a couple of hours if it gets waterlogged. Maybe layer up the frost covers on the bits of the pitch more liable to flooding etc.

Fingers crossed.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 18:30]
Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 18:52 - Jan 13 with 10152 viewsrich_dale

Saying it's a pitch 'assessment' rather than inspection implies that the referee will take into account whether the pitch has a fair chance of recovering from overnight rain by kick off time if the rain is easing off by 9am, as the final para below suggests. Guess it would only get called off at 9am if he deems there's no or little chance of it being playable.

"We are hopeful that, similar to last weekend’s game against Newport County, the surface can withstand the rainfall and the heavy downpour ceases early enough - as is forecast - to allow adequate drainage and time for the ground staff to work on the pitch, if necessary."
Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 19:11 - Jan 13 with 10063 viewsHullDale

Pitch looks better than I expected there to be fair:

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 20:39 - Jan 13 with 9793 viewsitsallaboutthedale

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 19:11 - Jan 13 by HullDale

Pitch looks better than I expected there to be fair:

Seen the pitch looking worse hopefully be ok
Login to get fewer ads

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 08:56 - Jan 14 with 9154 viewsMAK

With a bit of luck the match should be on today. If the pitch was playable yesterday the the overnight rain shouldn't have caused any problems. We've had about half an inch of rain here in Norden since midnight and none has been particularly heavy. More like constant moderate rain the pitch drainage should deal with. Looks like there's a bit more rain to come but again none too heavy.

If things do go ahead today then credit to the work done to the pitch in the last couple of years. This match, and indeed last week's match, wouldn't have stood a chance of being played a few years ago.
Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 08:58 - Jan 14 with 9139 viewselectricblue

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 18:29 - Jan 13 by HullDale

Light rain until 11pm, heavy rain until 11am and then scattered showers and strong winds by the look of it.

I really hope we do what we can to get it on, or at least force a later pitch inspection to give the wind time to blow some of the top water off for a couple of hours if it gets waterlogged. Maybe layer up the frost covers on the bits of the pitch more liable to flooding etc.

Fingers crossed.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2023 18:30]

Weather forecaster on NWT tonight said that Blackpool and Rochdale are two areas in the region to see the most rain for the month so far.....

Both towns have far exceeded their monthly average rainfall so far..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 09:19 - Jan 14 with 8890 viewsZac_B

Good to see the Twitter brain surgeons in action again, demanding a League 2 football club does something to stop non-stop persistent rain in January.
Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 09:20 - Jan 14 with 8868 viewsMAK

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 08:58 - Jan 14 by electricblue

Weather forecaster on NWT tonight said that Blackpool and Rochdale are two areas in the region to see the most rain for the month so far.....

Both towns have far exceeded their monthly average rainfall so far..

Yeah we've had nearly 100mm of rain in the past week here. To put that into perspective that's not far off the average for the whole month. Again credit to the money spent and effort from the groundstaff on the pitch if today goes ahead. This month has been a proper test of what the pitch can cope with.
Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 09:31 - Jan 14 with 8644 viewsD_Alien

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 09:19 - Jan 14 by Zac_B

Good to see the Twitter brain surgeons in action again, demanding a League 2 football club does something to stop non-stop persistent rain in January.

Rain surgeons?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 09:34 - Jan 14 with 8570 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 09:35 - Jan 14 with 8555 viewsblackdogblue

Not looking good

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 09:50 - Jan 14 with 8304 viewsgolfaduffy

We really suffer from being so near to the pennines on 2 sides.

Feel sorry for supporters of both clubs who travel a long way to matches.

Club should stress that its the referee decision and not there's. All based on player safety.
Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 09:54 - Jan 14 with 8245 viewsmeeee

Oldham and Accy have managed to get their games on, hopefully the pitch can dry out in time
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 9:54]
Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 10:00 - Jan 14 with 8183 viewsMass_Debater

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 09:54 - Jan 14 by meeee

Oldham and Accy have managed to get their games on, hopefully the pitch can dry out in time
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 9:54]

And? Are their games at Spotland?
Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 10:05 - Jan 14 with 8116 viewsDaleiLama

The beeb forecast is rubbish until midday. Raining heavy on the edge of the Peaks too with flat ground sodden. How bad's the rain over Spotland way now? Got to say I don't see status of pitch changing at 12 but outside chance by 3pm?
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 10:05]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 10:11 - Jan 14 with 8052 viewsDale_4_Life

It's not good and I think we are delaying the inevitable
Heavy rain overnight after a week of heavy rain!

Do the club have waterhog rollers like they use at cricket clubs to remove all surface water?
Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 10:15 - Jan 14 with 7993 viewsJames1980

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 10:11 - Jan 14 by Dale_4_Life

It's not good and I think we are delaying the inevitable
Heavy rain overnight after a week of heavy rain!

Do the club have waterhog rollers like they use at cricket clubs to remove all surface water?

If not would it be feasible to arrange borrowing one at thid short notice? The cost might be worth it if the game can go ahead.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 10:21 - Jan 14 with 7891 viewsmeeee

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 10:00 - Jan 14 by Mass_Debater

No, I'm just saying that Oldham and Accy have got their games on so hopefully we can get ours on, maybe another option for people if they still want to watch some live football if ours get called off
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 10:21]
Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 10:32 - Jan 14 with 7787 viewsBigKindo

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 10:00 - Jan 14 by Mass_Debater

I thought that the Biffos were at Gateshead?
Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 10:36 - Jan 14 with 7754 viewsMass_Debater

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 10:21 - Jan 14 by meeee

No, I'm just saying that Oldham and Accy have got their games on so hopefully we can get ours on, maybe another option for people if they still want to watch some live football if ours get called off
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 10:21]

What's happening at Oldham and Accy is irrelevant though.
Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 10:37 - Jan 14 with 7747 viewsMass_Debater

Colchester United (h) Match Thread on 10:32 - Jan 14 by BigKindo

I thought that the Biffos were at Gateshead?

It was switched the other week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024