Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Deadline D Day 10:16 - Jan 31 with 22927 viewsSheffield_dale

Waking up, refreshing twitter every 10 minutes for updates. One of the most important days in the clubs history. I hope we manage to refresh and rotate.

[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 14:19]
Dale Deadline D Day on 07:30 - Feb 1 with 4398 viewsKnavesmireBob

If all this means Brierley is back in the building today then EBJ now has an opportunity to reconnect the fanbase to the club, the board and himself like we probably could never have envisaged just 24 hours ago.

18 games left to enjoy a midfield where Rhys provides the protection and Adshead and Brierley go out and express themselves with the sole instruction of putting smiles back on the fans faces.

If they get off to a slow start because Dan is rusty and Ethan's mind is elsewhere then come out in the media and publicly back them, tell the world how much you love them and believe in them. Play them again the next game, and the next, and the next.

8 wins and we'll survive. Even if it's too late and we fall through the trap door come April/May we have a golden opportunity to reconnect the fanbase and make people happy again. Spring is on its way, our usual January of discontent is over. Time to change the narrative.
Dale Deadline D Day on 07:49 - Feb 1 with 4300 viewsNorthernDale

Dale Deadline D Day on 00:01 - Feb 1 by 442Dale

A good deadline day although hopefully time to hear some have gone out.

Will be a shame if Seriki misses out as he’s been ok recently but it’s either him or Eastwood and not sure how we can justify having a loan keeper in the stands. Could see Keohane back at RB because Mullarkey surely has to play central, it’s just a question of who with as so many of our CH play on the right side. Bennett on the left of centre maybe?

Midfield would be preferred for Bennett with Adshead and one other (not Ball). Agree with other people who have said we need to get Lloyd playing wider. He works hard so maybe we could try a 4-4-2 with Henderson playing off someone. Choices at least. Albeit a few too many clogging up the squad, maybe that will look different by morning.

I was also trying to figure out what players will fit into the system Jim prefers on Saturday, As others have pointed out, it means one of our loan signings will miss out. I suspect that it will be Seriki, because both Mullarkey and Bennett can play right back. It would be a pity, because I like Seriki, he has developed into a good player over the season. I would like to see Seriki and Lloyd on the wings, but to do that Jim would have to drop Quigley, because I cannot see him not using Adshead, Eastwood, Dodgson or Mellor in the match day squad.

What is going on with Ethan, is he still with Sheffield United, is he back at Spotland, i have lost track of what is going on.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 8:02]
Dale Deadline D Day on 08:47 - Feb 1 with 4060 viewsSheffield_dale

Dale Deadline D Day on 07:49 - Feb 1 by NorthernDale

I was also trying to figure out what players will fit into the system Jim prefers on Saturday, As others have pointed out, it means one of our loan signings will miss out. I suspect that it will be Seriki, because both Mullarkey and Bennett can play right back. It would be a pity, because I like Seriki, he has developed into a good player over the season. I would like to see Seriki and Lloyd on the wings, but to do that Jim would have to drop Quigley, because I cannot see him not using Adshead, Eastwood, Dodgson or Mellor in the match day squad.

What is going on with Ethan, is he still with Sheffield United, is he back at Spotland, i have lost track of what is going on.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 8:02]

Not sure what you see in Seriki. He gives the ball away far too much in stupid areas too. Very little end product. Every recent loan from Blades, apart from RND has been awful. From memory Seriki, Eastwood and Broadbent have all contributed to our demise. If they have messed about with Brierley (if possible) we should cancel the loans of Eastwood and Seriki.

Still lightweight in midfield but with a flatter 4 at the back it could work something like this.

ROD
Keohane Bennett Mullarkey Dodgson

Adshead Kelly Brierley

Mellor Lloyd

Rodney

Still think Hendo off the bench and potentially Toums in DM.
Dale Deadline D Day on 11:27 - Feb 1 with 3619 viewsIOMDale

Dale Deadline D Day on 00:13 - Feb 1 by Brierls

I’m liking the look of Mullarkey. I’d have thought Bennett was signed as a centre half, but I expect he may occupy a defensive midfield slot.

I fear we’ve not been able to shift anybody that we really wanted to shift. Brierley will be gone.

It will make my day if EEL, John, Ball, Odoh or Sinclair (who dropped another social media clanger this evening) have moved on.

Speaking of social media faux pas, I noticed Danny Lloyd had retweeted something by Andrew Tate. Now, I’m not one for policing social media content but when the club is (rightly) fully behind endeavours like Her Game Too, they should perhaps have a word on the quiet that retweeting from people like Tate isn’t compatible with such openness when we want to be welcoming as many new supporters as possible.

UTDNFS

Dale Deadline D Day on 21:13 - Feb 1 with 2724 viewspnc4eva1

A kitten would be better than Ball

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Dale Deadline D Day on 21:27 - Feb 1 with 2632 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Dale Deadline D Day on 21:13 - Feb 1 by pnc4eva1

A kitten would be better than Ball

These would be a lot better than the useless Ball.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 21:28]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Dale Deadline D Day on 19:44 - Feb 2 with 2101 views442Dale

Dale Deadline D Day on 08:47 - Feb 1 by Sheffield_dale

Not sure what you see in Seriki. He gives the ball away far too much in stupid areas too. Very little end product. Every recent loan from Blades, apart from RND has been awful. From memory Seriki, Eastwood and Broadbent have all contributed to our demise. If they have messed about with Brierley (if possible) we should cancel the loans of Eastwood and Seriki.

Still lightweight in midfield but with a flatter 4 at the back it could work something like this.

ROD
Keohane Bennett Mullarkey Dodgson

Adshead Kelly Brierley

Mellor Lloyd

Rodney

Still think Hendo off the bench and potentially Toums in DM.

Only going off the last few seconds of this, but it could be that Mullarkey will be used at right back.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale Deadline D Day on 21:17 - Feb 2 with 1910 viewsfourfourtwo

Dale Deadline D Day on 19:44 - Feb 2 by 442Dale

Only going off the last few seconds of this, but it could be that Mullarkey will be used at right back.

To add another layer of confusion it was Seriki who passed him the ball from a more central position.
Login to get fewer ads

Dale Deadline D Day on 13:16 - Feb 3 with 1578 viewsEllDale

Regan Linney, linked to Dale earlier this week, has signed for Altrincham from FC United.
Dale Deadline D Day on 16:23 - Feb 3 with 1339 viewsrkershaw

Dale Deadline D Day on 13:16 - Feb 3 by EllDale

Regan Linney, linked to Dale earlier this week, has signed for Altrincham from FC United.

Call me a cynic but....with Mullarkey coming from Alty and Sinclair going on loan the other way.....and Linney (a rumoured Dale target) now signing for Alty.....AND with 'Brierleygate' in our midst.....is is feasible that we have appeased Alty in some non- monetary kinda way i.e. that expected monies didn't materialise from the sale of Ethan (which had been ear-marked for the signing of Mullarkey) so we have offered one of our own players plus 'side stepped' a possible signing to allow Alty to gain from our misfortunes?? And before anybody asks....it's 40 mins to beer o'clock!! ;)
Dale Deadline D Day on 16:51 - Feb 3 with 1260 viewsTomRAFC

Dale Deadline D Day on 16:23 - Feb 3 by rkershaw

Call me a cynic but....with Mullarkey coming from Alty and Sinclair going on loan the other way.....and Linney (a rumoured Dale target) now signing for Alty.....AND with 'Brierleygate' in our midst.....is is feasible that we have appeased Alty in some non- monetary kinda way i.e. that expected monies didn't materialise from the sale of Ethan (which had been ear-marked for the signing of Mullarkey) so we have offered one of our own players plus 'side stepped' a possible signing to allow Alty to gain from our misfortunes?? And before anybody asks....it's 40 mins to beer o'clock!! ;)

Is there anyway this could be put into song?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Dale Deadline D Day on 16:54 - Feb 3 with 1258 viewsrkershaw

Dale Deadline D Day on 16:51 - Feb 3 by TomRAFC

You give me the title and I'll sort it!! ;)
Dale Deadline D Day on 17:06 - Feb 3 with 1214 viewsJames1980

Dale Deadline D Day on 16:51 - Feb 3 by TomRAFC

It works well to the tune of Lose yourself by Eminem

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Dale Deadline D Day on 18:19 - Feb 3 with 1059 viewsblackdogblue

Dale Deadline D Day on 16:54 - Feb 3 by rkershaw

You give me the title and I'll sort it!! ;)

How about the Blackburn muppet show?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024