Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Deadline D Day 10:16 - Jan 31 with 22929 viewsSheffield_dale

Waking up, refreshing twitter every 10 minutes for updates. One of the most important days in the clubs history. I hope we manage to refresh and rotate.

[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 14:19]
Dale Deadline D Day on 21:58 - Jan 31 with 4653 viewsEllDale

Dale Deadline D Day on 21:51 - Jan 31 by Shun

He’s getting incredibly high praise on Twitter from National League fans.

I wish I could do the Twitter link.
tomhwilliams23 knows his stuff about the National League and is effusive in Toby’s praise.
Dale Deadline D Day on 22:03 - Jan 31 with 4563 viewsBrierls

Dale Deadline D Day on 21:53 - Jan 31 by EllDale

I suppose that that’s it?
Pleased with this but would still have loved a midfielder.
Unless Brierley is coming back…..

I’ve got nothing to back it up, but I think we may see one or two more.
Dale Deadline D Day on 22:11 - Jan 31 with 4402 viewsmightydale

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Dale Deadline D Day on 22:13 - Jan 31 with 4366 viewsTVOS1907

Dale Deadline D Day on 21:54 - Jan 31 by Beechball

Go on - who was the other one ? I don't remember him.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 21:55]

The son of a player who once scored 30 goals in 36 appearances in a Premier League season...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale Deadline D Day on 22:15 - Jan 31 with 4327 viewsfrequency

Excellent signing really pleased with this

Hate city

Dale Deadline D Day on 22:20 - Jan 31 with 4218 viewsBrierls

Dale Deadline D Day on 22:13 - Jan 31 by TVOS1907

The son of a player who once scored 30 goals in 36 appearances in a Premier League season...

That’ll be Toby Phillips then. Did he actually play for the first team?
Dale Deadline D Day on 22:26 - Jan 31 with 4070 viewsShun

Dale Deadline D Day on 21:58 - Jan 31 by EllDale

I wish I could do the Twitter link.
tomhwilliams23 knows his stuff about the National League and is effusive in Toby’s praise.

Dale Deadline D Day on 22:37 - Jan 31 with 3880 viewskel

Dale Deadline D Day on 21:13 - Jan 31 by TVOS1907

Only the second Toby to play for Dale...

What about Toby’s that have played for England but never played at Spotland?
Login to get fewer ads

Dale Deadline D Day on 22:40 - Jan 31 with 3800 viewsjudd

Dale Deadline D Day on 22:37 - Jan 31 by kel

I wonder what apologies to the board are forthcoming from the blazing pitchfork brigade?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Dale Deadline D Day on 22:42 - Jan 31 with 3763 viewsTVOS1907

Dale Deadline D Day on 22:37 - Jan 31 by kel

Off the top of my head, Toby Roland-Jones.

Who's a cricketer.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale Deadline D Day on 22:42 - Jan 31 with 3741 viewsD_Alien

The most famous Toby to play at Spotland was Toby Alderweireld, who had an "assist" in the Steve Davies equaliser against Spurs, the ball brushing "off the top of his head" thus landing precisely at Davies' feet
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 22:44]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale Deadline D Day on 23:18 - Jan 31 with 3280 viewsShun

Rumour from the Grimsby end (who were also chasing him) is that we actually offered more money than them, and our offer was accepted. Good to see Bentley being backed.
Dale Deadline D Day on 23:21 - Jan 31 with 3220 viewsBrierls

I’m surprised we haven’t announced more signings.

Hopefully a case of the media team fcuking about trying to put together something witty for an announcement rather than no more coming in.
Dale Deadline D Day on 23:31 - Jan 31 with 3082 viewskel

R Dan
Dale Deadline D Day on 23:33 - Jan 31 with 3013 viewsSuddenLad

Dan Adshead returns.. Great news.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dale Deadline D Day on 23:40 - Jan 31 with 2866 viewsTomRAFC

We have been crying out for more creativity so hopefully Dan can bring that.

With only 5 loan signings allowed in the match day squad, surely this spells the end for Eastwood... Please?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Dale Deadline D Day on 23:40 - Jan 31 with 2865 viewsDorkingDale

Dale Deadline D Day on 23:33 - Jan 31 by SuddenLad

Dan Adshead returns.. Great news.

Over on Twitter Fitz reckons that there was a third signing being worked on........
Dale Deadline D Day on 23:41 - Jan 31 with 2843 viewsBrierls

Dale Deadline D Day on 23:31 - Jan 31 by kel

R Dan

I wanted a defensive midfielder to break up play and a midfielder who could carry the ball and break from midfield. Dan Adshead ticks the box for the latter.

He hasn’t really kicked on since leaving for Norwich, and now Cheltenham, but hopefully returning home will be the catalyst for him finding form in the remainder of the season.
Dale Deadline D Day on 23:47 - Jan 31 with 2756 viewsHopwoodblue

Dale Deadline D Day on 23:41 - Jan 31 by Brierls

I wanted a defensive midfielder to break up play and a midfielder who could carry the ball and break from midfield. Dan Adshead ticks the box for the latter.

He hasn’t really kicked on since leaving for Norwich, and now Cheltenham, but hopefully returning home will be the catalyst for him finding form in the remainder of the season.

It’s a rather large squad now hopefully we’ve managed to get a couple off the wage bill.

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Dale Deadline D Day on 23:54 - Jan 31 with 2647 viewsD_Alien

So that's Dodgson, Mellor, Bennett, Mullarkey and Adshead

Each of those strengthens us ,and money has changed hands. Leaving aside the Brierley saga, i'm not sure the club could've done much more given the circumstances

It's sink or swim time, and the new lads should add some much-needed positivity within the squad. It remains for EBJ to create the best formation, a proper team which can represent Dale in the way we'd want them to

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale Deadline D Day on 23:55 - Jan 31 with 2623 viewsTomRAFC

Dale Deadline D Day on 23:41 - Jan 31 by Brierls

It was suggested that there might be outgoings.

We might see Rhys in midfield, or a possible free agent, to do what we were all hoping Diagouraga would.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Dale Deadline D Day on 00:01 - Feb 1 with 2568 views442Dale

A good deadline day although hopefully time to hear some have gone out.

Will be a shame if Seriki misses out as he’s been ok recently but it’s either him or Eastwood and not sure how we can justify having a loan keeper in the stands. Could see Keohane back at RB because Mullarkey surely has to play central, it’s just a question of who with as so many of our CH play on the right side. Bennett on the left of centre maybe?

Midfield would be preferred for Bennett with Adshead and one other (not Ball). Agree with other people who have said we need to get Lloyd playing wider. He works hard so maybe we could try a 4-4-2 with Henderson playing off someone. Choices at least. Albeit a few too many clogging up the squad, maybe that will look different by morning.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale Deadline D Day on 00:13 - Feb 1 with 2460 viewsBrierls

Dale Deadline D Day on 00:01 - Feb 1 by 442Dale

A good deadline day although hopefully time to hear some have gone out.

Will be a shame if Seriki misses out as he’s been ok recently but it’s either him or Eastwood and not sure how we can justify having a loan keeper in the stands. Could see Keohane back at RB because Mullarkey surely has to play central, it’s just a question of who with as so many of our CH play on the right side. Bennett on the left of centre maybe?

Midfield would be preferred for Bennett with Adshead and one other (not Ball). Agree with other people who have said we need to get Lloyd playing wider. He works hard so maybe we could try a 4-4-2 with Henderson playing off someone. Choices at least. Albeit a few too many clogging up the squad, maybe that will look different by morning.

I’m liking the look of Mullarkey. I’d have thought Bennett was signed as a centre half, but I expect he may occupy a defensive midfield slot.

I fear we’ve not been able to shift anybody that we really wanted to shift. Brierley will be gone.

It will make my day if EEL, John, Ball, Odoh or Sinclair (who dropped another social media clanger this evening) have moved on.
Dale Deadline D Day on 01:22 - Feb 1 with 2233 views_Windydale

Dale Deadline D Day on 00:13 - Feb 1 by Brierls

I’m liking the look of Mullarkey. I’d have thought Bennett was signed as a centre half, but I expect he may occupy a defensive midfield slot.

I fear we’ve not been able to shift anybody that we really wanted to shift. Brierley will be gone.

It will make my day if EEL, John, Ball, Odoh or Sinclair (who dropped another social media clanger this evening) have moved on.

Feeling lots more positive about our chances.

Some great additions. Not forgetting the two new young lads who played well against Carlisle. At least we got to see their potential.

I'm hoping the new signings can envigorate the existing players.

There's a sharpness we've been lacking. EEL (cumbersome), Ball (inadequate), John (unreliable), and Quigley (Disinterested) all looked tired against good opposition. Kelly resorting type is weak in defense but promising when his delivery doesn't let him down. Even Keohane. He tries his best but stands off players and allows opponents opportunities space to deliver a decent cross.

The new signings have given me more hope that we can get out of this mess.
Dale Deadline D Day on 07:08 - Feb 1 with 1837 viewsdingdangblue

Great that we've brought some new faces in because I think we all knew that this current lot were taking us down. Hopefully with less baggage than the current crop these new players hit the ground running and most of them are ready to start on Saturday. The 2 loans looked good last Saturday, Mullarkey sounds very promising, we all know what Rhys can do when he's in the mood and concentrating. Adshead is the interesting one as I didn't see all the fuss (albeit he was way ahead of his peers at 15/16) when he made his few appearances for us under Hill - certainly Allen and Brierley looked instantly to have more about them. These clips of Adshead more recently at Gillingham look very promising though and he's obviously matured now at 21. And anything is better than Ball!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024