Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 16:14 - Feb 6 with 14877 viewsNotLoyal

Sheffield United: Wes Foderingham, Sander Berge, Billy Sharp (captain), John Egan, Max Lowe, Anel Ahmedhodzic, Oliver Norwood, Jack Robinson, Jayden Bogle, James McAtee, Iliman Ndiaye.

Substitutes: Adam Davies, John Fleck, Chris Basham, Oli McBurnie, Ismaila Coulibaly, Ben Osborn, Ciaran Clark.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Nathan Wood, Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Olivier Ntcham, Ollie Cooper, Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Harry Darling, Joe Allen, Luke Cundle, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Walsh, Matty Sorinola.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:02 - Feb 11 with 2006 viewsjojaca

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 15:49 - Feb 11 by KeithHaynes

Some would say at two down that’s game over.

Cricket score today, could be Russell last swansong.

Even when you know, you never know?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:04 - Feb 11 with 1973 viewsTreforys_Jack

Barely registering on my emotionally radar, and that is a damning enditment , as losing used to ruin my weekend. It's not over yet, but that will be 2 wins in how many games , 16 or something 🤔. Grim stuff
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:08 - Feb 11 with 1953 viewsCimlaHillJack

Defence has been an issue for 18 months.
RM has done nothing to improve things.
It really is pointless turning up if you can’t defend.
Even more pointless if you can’t defend a lead.

Just resign.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:14 - Feb 11 with 1891 viewsBadlands

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:08 - Feb 11 by CimlaHillJack

Just resign.

Not just Martin. What the hell is the point of Andy Parslow?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:15 - Feb 11 with 1900 viewsDr_Winston

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:14 - Feb 11 by Badlands

Not just Martin. What the hell is the point of Andy Parslow?

Parslow could be the best coach in the World but he's still under Russy.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:22 - Feb 11 with 1809 viewscadleigh

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:08 - Feb 11 by CimlaHillJack

Just resign.

I seem to recall 'Russ' telling us that his first priority was to sort out the defence, and then he would focus on getting our attack right. September 2021 rings a bell? I guess rebuilding a team and making us a 'proper' football club takes time.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:25 - Feb 11 with 1765 viewsDr_Winston

I think we can safely say that Ntcham continually getting subbed around the hour mark is a deliberate tactic rather than any reflection on performance.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:27 - Feb 11 with 1740 viewsmax936

We're having a go in fairness

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:29 - Feb 11 with 1714 viewsunion_jack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:22 - Feb 11 by cadleigh

I seem to recall 'Russ' telling us that his first priority was to sort out the defence, and then he would focus on getting our attack right. September 2021 rings a bell? I guess rebuilding a team and making us a 'proper' football club takes time.

Well give him time!😏
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 16:29]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:31 - Feb 11 with 1679 viewsunion_jack

Comms saying we are getting better. No we’re not, they’re just giving us more time on the ball knowing full well we are unlikely to do anything with it. Has their keeper had @ save to make yet? Genuine question.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:43 - Feb 11 with 1583 viewsshingle

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:31 - Feb 11 by union_jack

Comms saying we are getting better. No we’re not, they’re just giving us more time on the ball knowing full well we are unlikely to do anything with it. Has their keeper had @ save to make yet? Genuine question.

Proberbly a case of them being comfortable enough to take their foot off the gas as well
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:51 - Feb 11 with 1506 viewsunion_jack

Someone talk me through the benefits of this high risk football we play.

I could understand if we drew players towards us exposing their midfield and allowing us to attack with pace. But we don’t (can’t) do that so it’s pointless but it’s the same every week. Can I just cite Fisher passing the ball for a corner in the first half!

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:52 - Feb 11 with 1485 viewsjojaca

I think with everything gone on the last few weeks, Russell needs to go. He's going to drag us into relegation battle.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:53 - Feb 11 with 1472 viewsBryanSwan

I think the lack of posts on this thread shows how turgid this season has become, there is almost no point in the remaining games.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:54 - Feb 11 with 1459 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Ollie maintains the tradition.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:58 - Feb 11 with 1410 viewsLuther27

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:53 - Feb 11 by BryanSwan

I think the lack of posts on this thread shows how turgid this season has become, there is almost no point in the remaining games.

I agree. Apathy from fans is the biggest danger to the club.
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:02 - Feb 11 with 1345 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Our defending is getting so bad we need to score 3+ goals just for a chance of a point.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:12 - Feb 11 with 1235 viewssw02sea

What’s this jerk of a manager got to do, to get the sack??
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:15 - Feb 11 with 1213 viewsjojaca

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:12 - Feb 11 by sw02sea

What’s this jerk of a manager got to do, to get the sack??

I would rather have Bob Bradley back.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:19 - Feb 11 with 1179 viewsunion_jack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:15 - Feb 11 by jojaca

I would rather have Bob Bradley back.

Frying pan, blast furnace!

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:34 - Feb 11 with 1108 viewsDr_Winston

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:02 - Feb 11 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Our defending is getting so bad we need to score 3+ goals just for a chance of a point.

More goals conceded than Huddersfield. Same amount of goals conceded as Blackpool. This is despite spending £2m on central defenders in the Summer.

It can't go on.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:39 - Feb 11 with 1067 viewsbuilthjack

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:58 - Feb 11 by Luther27

I agree. Apathy from fans is the biggest danger to the club.

The away support is big.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:41 - Feb 11 with 1048 viewsPlankton

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:04 - Feb 11 by Treforys_Jack

Barely registering on my emotionally radar, and that is a damning enditment , as losing used to ruin my weekend. It's not over yet, but that will be 2 wins in how many games , 16 or something 🤔. Grim stuff

*indictment
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:42 - Feb 11 with 1039 viewsPlankton

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:02 - Feb 11 by jojaca

Cricket score today, could be Russell last swansong.

You only get one swansong
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 17:43 - Feb 11 with 1024 viewsPlankton

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22;23 on 16:43 - Feb 11 by shingle

Proberbly a case of them being comfortable enough to take their foot off the gas as well

*probably
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024