Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Completely Inept McNulty 16:54 - Apr 15 with 32090 viewsBarrowdale

Hang your head in shame. Gave them the first by your insistance that we should play from the back when we aren’t anywhere near hood enough. Even worse is that you don’t see it and continue repeating the madness. The fans dont want it, clearly the players dont but hey ho.
No attack, no shots, negative back passing and a lack of a game plan. Subs too late again, shall I go on.
Only positive is at least we know that you are not our nxt manager.
What a pathetic spineless way to send us to non league. Absoluted devastated at that performance.
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:24 - Apr 17 with 1010 viewsD_Alien

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:11 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

We conceded the first goal on Saturday because we didn't defend the set-piece that came from Taylor committing a foul after he had needlessly given the ball away because of the way he has been instructed to play out from defence.

I'm not sure what's difficult to understand in that.

This has been explained to him twice now

He knows that's what happened, it's simply a case of refusing to acknowledge it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:25 - Apr 17 with 1009 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:23 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

No it didn’t. Go and watch it back. The attack starts with the GK. Please take some time to research things before you spout off incorrect information
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 22:24]

I don't need to; I was there.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:25 - Apr 17 with 1008 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:23 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

I don't, thanks. I can see with my own eyes at games.

Would highly recommend! It’s the foundation of the modern game of football.
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:26 - Apr 17 with 998 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:25 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

I don't need to; I was there.

So was I, and it started with the GK
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:26 - Apr 17 with 997 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:24 - Apr 17 by D_Alien

This has been explained to him twice now

He knows that's what happened, it's simply a case of refusing to acknowledge it

He's too obvious as well.

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:26 - Apr 17 with 986 viewsTalkingSutty

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:17 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

I don’t know what game you are watching but we didn’t counter once against Mansfield, the Mellor chance you speak of can from playing a short pass into a CB (god forbid)

I actually think we defended significantly worse against Mansfield and deserved to lose that game and draw the game Saturday against Bradford and you are right ROD had to make many saves against them. How many did he make against Bradford? I can’t remember one!

We were absolute garbage against Bradford, how anybody can try to defend that performance is a mystery. Even the Bradford fans were scratching their heads as to what we were trying to do...I know because a couple of them texted me during the game. We lost three nil, it was men against boys. We didn't even put a tackle in and were schooled by the opposition.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 22:28]
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:29 - Apr 17 with 969 views442Dale

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:23 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

No it didn’t. Go and watch it back. The attack starts with the GK. Please take some time to research things before you spout off incorrect information
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 22:24]

From what I recall the ball was played back to EEL who immediately went into midfield and we continued to move forward with Odoh laying it off for Brierley to play in Mellor. It was effective, incisive football. There were similarities in the construction to Gary Jones second in that Tranmere game, always looking to move the ball up the
pitch. Not retaining possession around our own box.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:29 - Apr 17 with 963 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:26 - Apr 17 by TalkingSutty

We were absolute garbage against Bradford, how anybody can try to defend that performance is a mystery. Even the Bradford fans were scratching their heads as to what we were trying to do...I know because a couple of them texted me during the game. We lost three nil, it was men against boys. We didn't even put a tackle in and were schooled by the opposition.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 22:28]

Listen to Smallwoods interview, (he’s Bradford captain btw) he explains that they had to change what they were doing as they were worried we were going to score. I’d take a professional player’s opinion on the subject over a few of your Bradford mates and their itchy heads
Login to get fewer ads

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:30 - Apr 17 with 957 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:26 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

So was I, and it started with the GK

"It"?

I referenced more than one opening we created in the second half from quick breaks from the back, none of which came from EEL, Taylor and O'Donnell passing it around the six yard area before the ball made its way upfield, which is the point everyone is making.

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:31 - Apr 17 with 952 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:29 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Listen to Smallwoods interview, (he’s Bradford captain btw) he explains that they had to change what they were doing as they were worried we were going to score. I’d take a professional player’s opinion on the subject over a few of your Bradford mates and their itchy heads

So a team slightly changes how they play to combat the opposition?

Splendid idea.

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:31 - Apr 17 with 949 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:29 - Apr 17 by 442Dale

From what I recall the ball was played back to EEL who immediately went into midfield and we continued to move forward with Odoh laying it off for Brierley to play in Mellor. It was effective, incisive football. There were similarities in the construction to Gary Jones second in that Tranmere game, always looking to move the ball up the
pitch. Not retaining possession around our own box.

The attack starts with a goal kick, GK to Taylor who plays a ball into Henderson which gets intercepted but falls to EEL who then does what you describe. So both CBs start the attack
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:32 - Apr 17 with 945 viewsD_Alien

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:26 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

He's too obvious as well.

And having your game plan undermined in the first five minutes, then not doing anything to change it results in a humiliating and demoralising 0-3 defeat in a game we simply couldn't afford to lose

Any other points are irrelevant, especially philosophically

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:32 - Apr 17 with 944 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:25 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Would highly recommend! It’s the foundation of the modern game of football.

I'd rather watch egg chasing sat next to r kershaw singing one of his songs.

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:32 - Apr 17 with 941 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:30 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

"It"?

I referenced more than one opening we created in the second half from quick breaks from the back, none of which came from EEL, Taylor and O'Donnell passing it around the six yard area before the ball made its way upfield, which is the point everyone is making.

Pretty much all of them started with this, but if you only trust your eyes and not the truth we’ve got no chance
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:34 - Apr 17 with 933 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:31 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

So a team slightly changes how they play to combat the opposition?

Splendid idea.

But according to you we were horrendous so why would they need to change?
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:36 - Apr 17 with 921 viewsD_Alien

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:32 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Pretty much all of them started with this, but if you only trust your eyes and not the truth we’ve got no chance

Oh please, don't start spouting about "the truth"

We can discuss football and tactics all night, but once you venture into that sort of territory you're losing touch with reality

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:37 - Apr 17 with 913 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:34 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

But according to you we were horrendous so why would they need to change?

According to me?

According to the score, you mean. We lost 3-0. We had two chances just before half-time and hit the bar in injury time. The facts speak for themselves.

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:37 - Apr 17 with 910 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:32 - Apr 17 by D_Alien

And having your game plan undermined in the first five minutes, then not doing anything to change it results in a humiliating and demoralising 0-3 defeat in a game we simply couldn't afford to lose

Any other points are irrelevant, especially philosophically

As Smallwood states they made their changes at half time as they were worriedat what we were doing to them and about conceding which they nearly did through Henderson 1on1 and Odoh 1on1

So clearly the gameplan wasn’t undermined after 5 mins

We go into half time at 1-1 or 2-1 up and we don’t hear a peep from you about max Taylor trying to play a pass
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:38 - Apr 17 with 899 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:32 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

The truth is we lost 3-0 on Saturday, whatever Bradford's captain says.

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:39 - Apr 17 with 890 viewsTVOS1907

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:37 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

As Smallwood states they made their changes at half time as they were worriedat what we were doing to them and about conceding which they nearly did through Henderson 1on1 and Odoh 1on1

We go into half time at 1-1 or 2-1 up and we don’t hear a peep from you about max Taylor trying to play a pass

But we didn't; we went in at half-time at 0-1 and full-time at 0-3.

That is spouting the truth.

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:39 - Apr 17 with 890 views442Dale

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:31 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

The attack starts with a goal kick, GK to Taylor who plays a ball into Henderson which gets intercepted but falls to EEL who then does what you describe. So both CBs start the attack

And Craig Dawson played the ball into a centre forward. And Marcus Holness could play the ball into midfield. At no stage do I recall the fans have feeling of nervousness and frustration when they were doing it. Because they knew when it was appropriate by minimising risk and maximising effectiveness.

If we can do the same with the current centre halves, great. I’d also hope they wouldn’t do it when it’s too risky and not effective to do so. It doesn’t have to be a philosophy based on watching elite football. We should try and play good football with the players we’ve got.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:40 - Apr 17 with 884 viewsTalkingSutty

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:29 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

I listened to it. I also listened to Marks Hughes interview, he thought it was a game they controlled very well and were never really threatened. A routine win. Treat yourself to a listen.
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:40 - Apr 17 with 880 viewsD_Alien

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:37 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

Don't try telling me what i'll be saying about Taylor's role in conceding our first. That would still be said if we'd managed to drag ourselves back for a result

And i absolve him of much of the blame, since he was visibly uncomfortable doing what he was asked to do against the Bradford pressing tactics
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 22:42]

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:42 - Apr 17 with 869 viewsirishdale2022

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:36 - Apr 17 by D_Alien

Oh please, don't start spouting about "the truth"

We can discuss football and tactics all night, but once you venture into that sort of territory you're losing touch with reality

The truth is there but you’re too ignorant to seek it out and go and watch the EFL highlights. It’s literally on video. It’s not me losing touch with reality when you’re the one denying the facts of your own eyes.

And before you state. I’m fully aware we lost the game 3-0 I’m not denying that in anyway. I’m simple stating that the reason your are pointing to as the reason for the loss is also the reason we have done well in other games. You can’t have it both ways
Completely Inept McNulty on 22:45 - Apr 17 with 847 viewsD_Alien

Completely Inept McNulty on 22:42 - Apr 17 by irishdale2022

The truth is there but you’re too ignorant to seek it out and go and watch the EFL highlights. It’s literally on video. It’s not me losing touch with reality when you’re the one denying the facts of your own eyes.

And before you state. I’m fully aware we lost the game 3-0 I’m not denying that in anyway. I’m simple stating that the reason your are pointing to as the reason for the loss is also the reason we have done well in other games. You can’t have it both ways

I wouldn't put it past you - now - to deny that we did lose 0-3

You're making it out to be a theoretical/philosophical victory for McNulty following a coaching manual at one of the most desperate times of our football history

I'll take Hughes' more robust approach, albeit he had the players to execute his plans. We don't have the players to execute McNulty's plans, Brierley excepted, and even he had a stinker due to the midfield press

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024