Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings 22:13 - May 4 with 22201 viewsnumptydumpty

Seen as Reading down and his dad got sacked and no idea if we can afford his wages but we certainly need more strength and ability in midfield, think Tom Ince could be a decent shout.

Can't see him playing in league one.

Guessing money could be an issue though.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 12:02 - May 11 with 2786 viewsE15Hoop

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 11:13 - May 11 by monners1969

in 6 years we've given him 44 games 38 in the league most from the bench. Whilst I get that most people think hes not good enough, he has never had a run of games in the Blue and White to prove it. Where he had a full season at Oxford in Lg 1 he scored 12 goals and 3 assists...

Now maybe he wont make a Champ footballer, but saying hes had enough chances at the level is wrong I think...

Ive said before - its a disgrace that we have a player who has been here 6 years and hasnt made the 50 cap mark...

Pretty sure he'll go in the next couple of weeks, but frankly I think its the club that has let him down...

I agree, Monners. I remember him playing for JFH on a few occasions, and thinking he was our best player each time.
Not had great luck with injuries ( a common theme with our lot, as we know).
With his energy and pace, you could imagine him being someone GA would actually be quite happy to keep around.
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 12:19 - May 11 with 2723 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 11:13 - May 11 by monners1969

in 6 years we've given him 44 games 38 in the league most from the bench. Whilst I get that most people think hes not good enough, he has never had a run of games in the Blue and White to prove it. Where he had a full season at Oxford in Lg 1 he scored 12 goals and 3 assists...

Now maybe he wont make a Champ footballer, but saying hes had enough chances at the level is wrong I think...

Ive said before - its a disgrace that we have a player who has been here 6 years and hasnt made the 50 cap mark...

Pretty sure he'll go in the next couple of weeks, but frankly I think its the club that has let him down...

Disagree. He had ample opportunity to make his mark in the championship and didn't take it. When you think of some of the teams we've had since 2015 he really ought to have made more of an impression. As for your league 1 stats, you're cherry picking one 'purple patch' in 2020/21. You're conveniently ignoring the 5 years either side of that spell when he did little of note at Port Vale, Colchester United, Sheffield Wednesday and Lincoln City.
[Post edited 11 May 2023 13:13]
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 12:29 - May 11 with 2691 viewsdannyblue

I don't expect us to offer contracts to anyone whose contract is expiring this summer.
As it stands, our contracted players next season will be:

Dieng Walsh
JCS Dickie Dunne
Paal
Kakay
Field Johansen Dozzell
Chair Willock Richards Adomah
Dykes Armstrong

All will be in their last year of contract except JCS, Paal, and Chair.

I expect outs: Dieng, Willock, Dykes

I hope we can cut: Johansen, Adomah, Richards

I expect we're stuck with: Dickie, Dunne, Dozzell

I hope we can agree new contracts with Field, Dykes, Armstrong, but if not we'll have to try and find buyers for at least the first two this summer.

I think we'll sign:
Experienced goalkeeper - loads knocking about
Experienced centreback
Defensive-minded rightback
Dogged midfielders, Scowan types, 1 or 2 depending on who leaves.
Two limited but pacy forward / wingers
Chris Martin v2
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 12:44 - May 11 with 2629 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 12:02 - May 11 by E15Hoop

I agree, Monners. I remember him playing for JFH on a few occasions, and thinking he was our best player each time.
Not had great luck with injuries ( a common theme with our lot, as we know).
With his energy and pace, you could imagine him being someone GA would actually be quite happy to keep around.

"Not had a great luck with injuries".

That's a no from me, then. Time to move away from the policy of signing crocks in the vain hope that QPR's medical team can reach parts that other medical team cannot reach.
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 12:57 - May 11 with 2597 viewstkqpr

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 16:36 - May 10 by E15Hoop

I guess we're going to get linked with virtually every OOC player from League One in particular by the News Now bots, but one that seems to be attracting particular mention is Regan Poole, CB from Lincoln. Anyone know much about him?

Thought of very highly at Lincoln (my most local club), won Player (players/fans) of the year awards the last 2 years.

A fully commited, energetic (not fast) 'hardman' will palyer anywhere RB/RCB/CM if asked and do a good job. Reminds me of a Luke O'Nien type of player.

Certainly a GA type of player, i.e. runs through walls for ya!
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 13:00 - May 11 with 2581 viewsdmm

I think 6 years and 44 games at QPR have been more than enough for him to show what he can and can't do. And he's had 5 loans out, mainly at League 1 level, to prove himself too.

I don't want to be hard on the lad as he's always seemed to have had a good attitude but, as kensalriser says, he's simply not good enough at Championship level. What is a disgrace is that he wasn't released several years ago to pursue his career elsewhere.
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 13:20 - May 11 with 2513 viewsNed_Kennedys

IF we’d been relegated and the money was right then perhaps he could do it at League One level.
Not a chance he is Championship level: can’t recall him scoring a goal or making an assist during the numerous minutes he has played for us.
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 13:20 - May 11 with 2513 viewsE15Hoop

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 12:57 - May 11 by tkqpr

Thought of very highly at Lincoln (my most local club), won Player (players/fans) of the year awards the last 2 years.

A fully commited, energetic (not fast) 'hardman' will palyer anywhere RB/RCB/CM if asked and do a good job. Reminds me of a Luke O'Nien type of player.

Certainly a GA type of player, i.e. runs through walls for ya!

Thanks, TK.
is it just me, or is everyone looking at NewsNow every few minutes to see if anything's happening already?
Login to get fewer ads

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 13:47 - May 11 with 2445 viewsmonners1969

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 12:19 - May 11 by Benny_the_Ball

Disagree. He had ample opportunity to make his mark in the championship and didn't take it. When you think of some of the teams we've had since 2015 he really ought to have made more of an impression. As for your league 1 stats, you're cherry picking one 'purple patch' in 2020/21. You're conveniently ignoring the 5 years either side of that spell when he did little of note at Port Vale, Colchester United, Sheffield Wednesday and Lincoln City.
[Post edited 11 May 2023 13:13]

pretty highly thought of from the Weds peeps I know and did ok at Lincoln too.... and frankly we owned him..... Not sure any of the loanees we spunked our oney on showed anything more than Mide would have

anyway its a moot point his contract is up

The main point is actually the facts of having a player contracted for 6 years and only giving them 44 games - 2 contract cycles should be enough to get players to 50 caps - and in that timeframe you'd know
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 15:27 - May 11 with 2314 viewsdenhamhoop2

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 16:36 - May 10 by Northernr

1 - Jason's little brother Jeremy.
2 - David Justice.
3 - Scott Hatteberg.

But we have Jimmy Dunne already at First so is Hatteberg really needed unless we are going to put him back to Catcher
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 15:53 - May 11 with 2249 viewsQPROslo

From the minutes he got early this season before he went out on loan again, I thought he looked an upgrade on Albert in that wide attacking right wing role. I guess Gareth and Dobson have seen enough of him playing in League 1 to know if he can do a job in the Championship or not.

Edit. Shodipo has been released so obviously not.
[Post edited 11 May 2023 15:58]
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 17:01 - May 11 with 2174 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 13:47 - May 11 by monners1969

pretty highly thought of from the Weds peeps I know and did ok at Lincoln too.... and frankly we owned him..... Not sure any of the loanees we spunked our oney on showed anything more than Mide would have

anyway its a moot point his contract is up

The main point is actually the facts of having a player contracted for 6 years and only giving them 44 games - 2 contract cycles should be enough to get players to 50 caps - and in that timeframe you'd know

Oh, really? Please provide proof that he was highly thought of at Wednesday because the evidence (15 appearances, 1 goal and they didn't come back for him) suggests otherwise.

Granted QPR get a lot of decisions wrong but in this case I trust their judgement because since 2017 he's been on loan to five League 1 clubs and done very little of note during those 6 years, bar one mini-purple patch at Oxford United. Even Patrick Agyemang had one of those.

Compare this, say, with the likes of Ebere and Illias, who are similar ages to Olamide and went out on loan at the same time. Both spent 1 season in League 1, shone, subsequently broke into QPR's first team, and never looked back. A club that operates on a tight budget and gives opportunities to young players like Eze and Chair is not going to overlook Shodipo without just reason.

In short, if Olamide only made 44 appearances in 6 years it's not because he was criminally overlooked, it's because either he simply wasn't good enough, wasn't ready or struggled to maintain fitness. I very much doubt that another 6 caps would have made any material difference to this assessment.

Anyway, as you say, his contact is up. Having spent many years managing in League 1, GA will be familiar with Shodipo's work. If GA sees anything in Olamide then he'll offer him a new contract. If he doesn't, then he'll go with my best wishes and we move on. As a former winger himself, I'll trust GA's judgement on this.

EDIT:
He's been released so we have our answer.
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/retained-list-100523/
[Post edited 11 May 2023 17:04]
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 17:56 - May 11 with 2109 viewsmonners1969

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 17:01 - May 11 by Benny_the_Ball

Oh, really? Please provide proof that he was highly thought of at Wednesday because the evidence (15 appearances, 1 goal and they didn't come back for him) suggests otherwise.

Granted QPR get a lot of decisions wrong but in this case I trust their judgement because since 2017 he's been on loan to five League 1 clubs and done very little of note during those 6 years, bar one mini-purple patch at Oxford United. Even Patrick Agyemang had one of those.

Compare this, say, with the likes of Ebere and Illias, who are similar ages to Olamide and went out on loan at the same time. Both spent 1 season in League 1, shone, subsequently broke into QPR's first team, and never looked back. A club that operates on a tight budget and gives opportunities to young players like Eze and Chair is not going to overlook Shodipo without just reason.

In short, if Olamide only made 44 appearances in 6 years it's not because he was criminally overlooked, it's because either he simply wasn't good enough, wasn't ready or struggled to maintain fitness. I very much doubt that another 6 caps would have made any material difference to this assessment.

Anyway, as you say, his contact is up. Having spent many years managing in League 1, GA will be familiar with Shodipo's work. If GA sees anything in Olamide then he'll offer him a new contract. If he doesn't, then he'll go with my best wishes and we move on. As a former winger himself, I'll trust GA's judgement on this.

EDIT:
He's been released so we have our answer.
https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/retained-list-100523/
[Post edited 11 May 2023 17:04]

Im not going to cut and paste text messages from mates as evidence - this isnt a few good men mate

Anyway hes gone as I thought he would be - good luck to the lad.....
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 19:37 - May 11 with 2038 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 17:56 - May 11 by monners1969

Im not going to cut and paste text messages from mates as evidence - this isnt a few good men mate

Anyway hes gone as I thought he would be - good luck to the lad.....

You seriously think that text messages from your friends counts as evidence? Clearly Darren Moore, Mark Kennedy and Gareth Ainsworth aren't members of that group chat.
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 20:49 - May 11 with 1968 viewstkqpr

Sean Roughan (19) Lincoln City left back.

Has been offered new terms by Lincoln but nothing signed yet. There was talk of Chelsea and Southampton a year or so ago. Reminds me of Ryan Manning. Very industrious, Rep Ireland Under blah blah squads hes been involved with the 21's. Played a fullish season this year, would of thought QPR would know about him as Garrity was his coach who we got from Lincoln to help Critchley.

Anyway, a young, free, cheap back up at LB, a position we need back up in and bags of potential.
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 23:00 - May 11 with 1872 viewskensalriser

New coach:

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 05:21 - May 12 with 1771 viewswesty

Lots of interest in the Cheltenham lad Alfie May who has himself declared he wants to move on. I would be very wary of going for a C/F who in 7 seasons as a pro in Lg2 & lg1 has only managed to get into double figures twice (This season & last) in league games. This seems very Agent driven to cash in while the iron is hot.
1 goal in every 9 games ish for Doncaster & 1 goal every 3 games ish for Cheltenham. Hardly prolific, Except as said for the past two seasons which massively boosted his ratio.

Could just be a very late developer but at 29 (30) by the time the season starts, I’d be very cautious lumping my hopes on him especially as he will cost a fee.
[Post edited 12 May 2023 5:27]
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 09:27 - May 12 with 1634 viewsDubaiR

Powell, dowell and cooper all out of contract this summer
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 10:34 - May 12 with 1583 viewslave16

Regan Poole not sure if he's been mentioned already or not

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 10:43 - May 12 with 1568 viewsE15Hoop

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 10:34 - May 12 by lave16

Regan Poole not sure if he's been mentioned already or not

Yeah - we were talking about him the other day.
Have a look through the tread from earlier this weeek.
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 11:54 - May 12 with 1511 viewstonyQPR

I see that Pugh Pugh, Barney Mcgrew,cuthbert,dibble and grub have been released from trump ton fc I’d off thought they’d be affordable ? 😉👍
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 12:14 - May 12 with 1484 viewsQPR_Jim

I've always liked Alfie Jones at Hull, good defender and decent with the ball, can do a Grant Hall and play in midfield too. Out of contract at Hull but they may have an option to extend.
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 12:16 - May 12 with 1479 viewsHarbour

Can we not sign any more players with terrible injury records. The amount of players missing games this season has been dreadful. Give me Yohan Barbet Clint Hill types…surely the strategy of buying injury prone players is now extinct?
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 13:02 - May 12 with 1440 viewscyprusmel

Connor Masterson was the one I thought would have made it, we seemed to give up on him.
In my opinion quicker than any centre backs we have now and put in a reasonable shift when called upon.
Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 13:10 - May 12 with 1398 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Next season s squad - any one got suggestions for signings on 09:27 - May 12 by DubaiR

Powell, dowell and cooper all out of contract this summer

Do we need another legal firm?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024