Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Never mind the b0llock$.... 01:59 - May 10 with 9328 viewsSandyman

How about a thread that remembers the good stuff. Inspiration for what we should aim to achieve in the years ahead. Plenty out there in words, memories and video. Pick your favourites.
Starter...

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 18:53 - May 10 with 2702 viewsblackdogblue

Wrexham winning the Conference this Season 😎

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 20:40 - May 10 with 2588 viewsTVOS1907

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 18:03 - May 10 by CockneyDale

Slight tangent - anyone got Evil's free kick v Preston in the FA Cup 3rd round as a video clip? I've looked before and can't find it anywhere

You didn't look hard enough, CD

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 20:40 - May 10 with 2587 viewsTVOS1907

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 18:29 - May 10 by Rodingdale

Paul Simpson away at Rubbish and Dustbuns. A forgotten goal because we lost the return leg, but what a goal and celebration that was.

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 20:49 - May 10 with 2566 viewsTVOS1907

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 14:21 - May 10 by Newbury_Dale

First game, 27 March 1993, Rochdale 5—2 Colchester United

But I think my favourite time was [unsurprisingly] the promotion season 2013—14 and the season after when we finished 8th in League One. The only regret being that I didnt really step back; appreciate and enjoy the enormity of what was being achieved at the time.. You take these things for granted as a football fan.

8 February 2014 AFC Wimbledon 0—3 Rochdale, Scott Hogan hattrick in what was probably the best centre forward performance I've ever seen from a Rochdale striker.

Looking back, we had some very exciting young players, Jack O'Connell, Jamie Allen and an emerging Callum Camps, but we also had some brilliant, honest and talented lower league players [who werent journeymen], and who gave their best. Rose, Vincenti, Done, Lund, Kennedy, even Bunney. You could list plenty more. Golden period which we're probably never going to get back to in my lifetime, which is such a shame.

(Sorry the quality is a bit naff!)

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 20:55 - May 10 with 2555 viewsRodingdale

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 20:40 - May 10 by TVOS1907

Thanks - was from a wider position than I remember.

Don’t suppose anyone has any of Eugene Martinez’s goals on video??
Never mind the b0llock$.... on 21:08 - May 10 with 2496 viewsTVOS1907

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 20:55 - May 10 by Rodingdale

Thanks - was from a wider position than I remember.

Don’t suppose anyone has any of Eugene Martinez’s goals on video??

Unfortunately not.

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 21:19 - May 10 with 2482 viewsNewbury_Dale

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 20:49 - May 10 by TVOS1907

(Sorry the quality is a bit naff!)

Thanks for uploading, happy days indeed.
Never mind the b0llock$.... on 22:05 - May 10 with 2437 viewsCockneyDale

You didn't look hard enough, CD

Evidently not! Thank you - not sure I’ve seen it since then. Like a bullet!
Login to get fewer ads

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 22:45 - May 10 with 2372 viewsdingdangblue

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 18:29 - May 10 by Rodingdale

Paul Simpson away at Rubbish and Dustbuns. A forgotten goal because we lost the return leg, but what a goal and celebration that was.

That 1st leg was a brilliant game and we really should have been 3-0 up before Rushden even scored. Platt getting injured really hurt us for the 2nd leg and Jobson going off early having to be replaced by the useless Simon Coleman. We should have got to the Final in Cardiff.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 07:03 - May 11 with 2250 viewsThreeLions

Ah loved that era of supporting Dale. Some really great away trips. We seemed to all get on in those days aswell. Loved Simmo as a player he brought a higher level of class with him along with McLoughlin to that team.
Never mind the b0llock$.... on 12:08 - May 11 with 2103 viewskel

For those lucky enough to be there the Southampton 2-0 and the Bournemouth 4-0 were two of the finest performances I’ve ever seen. Southampton for the incredible teamwork and Bournemouth for the style of football. We tore them a new one that day.

Not got time to find the videos at the moment but I’m sure TVOS won’t be able to resist putting the Bournemouth one on at least 😃
Never mind the b0llock$.... on 13:38 - May 11 with 2004 viewsThreeLions

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 12:08 - May 11 by kel

For those lucky enough to be there the Southampton 2-0 and the Bournemouth 4-0 were two of the finest performances I’ve ever seen. Southampton for the incredible teamwork and Bournemouth for the style of football. We tore them a new one that day.

Not got time to find the videos at the moment but I’m sure TVOS won’t be able to resist putting the Bournemouth one on at least 😃

I bloody missed the first goal at Southampton as decided I needed a quick pint before the half time rush. The locals weren't happy after the game in a nearby pub literally had to do a starsky and hutch into daleylama's car after getting threatened by some yokel 😂
Never mind the b0llock$.... on 15:17 - May 11 with 1898 viewsjudd

Sending Kasper Schmeicel home with his tail between his legs.

Poll: What is it to be then?

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:26 - May 11 with 1751 viewsRodingdale

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 13:38 - May 11 by ThreeLions

I bloody missed the first goal at Southampton as decided I needed a quick pint before the half time rush. The locals weren't happy after the game in a nearby pub literally had to do a starsky and hutch into daleylama's car after getting threatened by some yokel 😂

I was lucky enough to be invited to the Directors box for the Saints game. Was subjected to the pre match speaker laughing about how bad things had got having to play Rochdale, but at least they could get an easy win today…my host left before full time…🤣
[Post edited 11 May 2023 19:35]
Never mind the b0llock$.... on 19:49 - May 11 with 1732 viewsmikehunt

The week in which we won 1-0 away at Charlton. Beat Bolton 1-0 at home on the Tuesday then went down to Millwall and beat them 3-2.
(Think I’m right about that)

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 20:25 - May 11 with 1676 viewsClivert

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 19:49 - May 11 by mikehunt

The week in which we won 1-0 away at Charlton. Beat Bolton 1-0 at home on the Tuesday then went down to Millwall and beat them 3-2.
(Think I’m right about that)

We beat league leaders Scunthorpe 3-2 (we led 3-0) just before Christmas that season and then beat Chesterfield, Shrewsbury and Walsall over the Christmas and New Year period if I remember correctly? We looked nailed on for the League One playoffs at worst at that point of the season but alas it wasn't to be.

Academy graduate Luke Matheson equalising at Old Trafford and taking Man Utd to penalties was a pretty proud night but Ben Muirhead smashing THAT penalty home against Darlington is my stand out moment from over 35 years of watching Dale.
Never mind the b0llock$.... on 20:55 - May 11 with 1634 viewsdingdangblue

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 20:25 - May 11 by Clivert

We beat league leaders Scunthorpe 3-2 (we led 3-0) just before Christmas that season and then beat Chesterfield, Shrewsbury and Walsall over the Christmas and New Year period if I remember correctly? We looked nailed on for the League One playoffs at worst at that point of the season but alas it wasn't to be.

Academy graduate Luke Matheson equalising at Old Trafford and taking Man Utd to penalties was a pretty proud night but Ben Muirhead smashing THAT penalty home against Darlington is my stand out moment from over 35 years of watching Dale.

Found the match report from the Walsall game. If you scroll down it's got the league table after 25 games. 14 wins and 45 points!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38433818

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 21:02 - May 11 with 1609 viewsClivert

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 20:55 - May 11 by dingdangblue

Found the match report from the Walsall game. If you scroll down it's got the league table after 25 games. 14 wins and 45 points!

Certainly the peak point of the league table of the Hill era
considering what stage of the season it was and possibly the peak point in the club's history.
Never mind the b0llock$.... on 21:04 - May 11 with 1602 views442Dale

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 20:55 - May 11 by dingdangblue

Joe Bunney subbed off due to injury and we were never the same again. The actual on the pitch turning point.

Looking at our side, it wasn’t necessarily our best ever but a great example of how individual ability never mattered that much when the team functioned well. NML was on the bench throughout most of that run over winter that year.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 21:08 - May 11 with 1596 viewsClivert

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 21:04 - May 11 by 442Dale

Joe Bunney subbed off due to injury and we were never the same again. The actual on the pitch turning point.

Looking at our side, it wasn’t necessarily our best ever but a great example of how individual ability never mattered that much when the team functioned well. NML was on the bench throughout most of that run over winter that year.

Joe Bunny and his wand of a left foot.
Never mind the b0llock$.... on 23:56 - May 11 with 1422 viewsSandyman

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 05:45 - May 12 with 1345 viewspioneer

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 23:56 - May 11 by Sandyman

Of course…they dont come any better than that!
Never mind the b0llock$.... on 09:19 - May 12 with 1247 viewsmikehunt

Something as good .... someone once put a picture up of Holty doing something similar in front of Sheff Utd fans, during his second coming. Good pic if anyone can locate it.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 17:19 - May 13 with 984 viewsTVOS1907

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 12:08 - May 11 by kel

Never mind the b0llock$.... on 17:34 - May 13 with 944 viewsNewbury_Dale

O'Grady was so good around this period.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024