Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ruben 22:31 - May 19 with 7199 viewssaintwizzler

Another good man hounded out by the fans.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Ruben on 20:29 - May 21 with 1179 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ruben on 20:15 - May 21 by grumpy

You wait and see our misfits being found positions in other top clubs.

There are one or two good ones, but they are surrounded by dross. Players like Ward-Prowse lose the will to live and play terrible too, every time they see McCarthy let it under his body, defenders standing there leaving Haaland unmarked, or players up front missing from 2 yards. Most of the players arn't good enough and experienced enough. There might be a few that have the skill even, or might get good in years to come, but they don't have the mental strength, the aggression and cleverness to be a PL player. And most of all, we don't have a team. But nevertheless, losing to Grimsby, one or two weeks after playing like men possessed at Chelsea, told me everything I needed to know about these players.

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Ruben on 20:56 - May 21 with 1101 viewsgrumpy

Ruben on 20:29 - May 21 by Southamptonfan

There are one or two good ones, but they are surrounded by dross. Players like Ward-Prowse lose the will to live and play terrible too, every time they see McCarthy let it under his body, defenders standing there leaving Haaland unmarked, or players up front missing from 2 yards. Most of the players arn't good enough and experienced enough. There might be a few that have the skill even, or might get good in years to come, but they don't have the mental strength, the aggression and cleverness to be a PL player. And most of all, we don't have a team. But nevertheless, losing to Grimsby, one or two weeks after playing like men possessed at Chelsea, told me everything I needed to know about these players.

There are more than one or two.
We could have stayed up this season but for the incompetence of the managers.
Every team has players that struggle its down the the management to deal with this and build your best team,this is what we have failed to do.
Ruben on 21:06 - May 21 with 1094 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ruben on 20:56 - May 21 by grumpy

There are more than one or two.
We could have stayed up this season but for the incompetence of the managers.
Every team has players that struggle its down the the management to deal with this and build your best team,this is what we have failed to do.

You also need to have good enough players. Are you saying you could put Accrington Stanley in the PL and with a good manager they would be ok? I'm saying that had we had VD and Stones in defence and Haaland up front with Kane, Selles, Jones or Ralph would have probably kept us up.

Ruben on 21:16 - May 21 with 1079 viewsgrumpy

Ruben on 21:06 - May 21 by Southamptonfan

You also need to have good enough players. Are you saying you could put Accrington Stanley in the PL and with a good manager they would be ok? I'm saying that had we had VD and Stones in defence and Haaland up front with Kane, Selles, Jones or Ralph would have probably kept us up.

That's ridiculous.
Ruben on 21:16 - May 21 with 1079 viewshedgeend61

Ruben on 20:29 - May 21 by Southamptonfan

Trouble is, our one or two are mid table, maybe Palace, West Ham type level at best.

Anyone who thinks any top half PL side will buy them, is quite frankly, away with the birds.

The rest are nowhere near the level required, and obtaining money under false pretences.
Ruben on 21:19 - May 21 with 1074 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ruben on 21:16 - May 21 by grumpy

That's ridiculous.

And so is bigging up Pompey on a Saints forum.

And thinking the worst Saints performance in 100 years means we have good players, that have just been mismanaged by 4 different managers 😂
[Post edited 21 May 2023 21:23]

Ruben on 21:20 - May 21 with 1070 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ruben on 21:16 - May 21 by hedgeend61

Trouble is, our one or two are mid table, maybe Palace, West Ham type level at best.

Anyone who thinks any top half PL side will buy them, is quite frankly, away with the birds.

The rest are nowhere near the level required, and obtaining money under false pretences.

Agreed, we have a totally inept squad, nowhere near good enough for the PL.

Ruben on 21:20 - May 21 with 1063 viewsgrumpy

Ruben on 21:16 - May 21 by hedgeend61

By 'Top Clubs' I am referring to those remaining in the top flight.
Login to get fewer ads

Ruben on 21:22 - May 21 with 1055 viewsgrumpy

Ruben on 21:19 - May 21 by Southamptonfan

And so is bigging up Pompey on a Saints forum.

And thinking the worst Saints performance in 100 years means we have good players, that have just been mismanaged by 4 different managers 😂
[Post edited 21 May 2023 21:23]

What are you talking about,when have I ever done that?
Ruben on 21:23 - May 21 with 1041 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ruben on 21:22 - May 21 by grumpy

What are you talking about,when have I ever done that?

I could post the thread 😁

Ruben on 21:26 - May 21 with 1012 viewsgrumpy

Ruben on 21:23 - May 21 by Southamptonfan

I could post the thread 😁

By that I assume you mean I couldn't support a foreign team playing Pompey,I stand by that.
If Bayern Munich were playing Pompey I couldn't bring myself to support the Germans.
Ruben on 21:29 - May 21 with 1005 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ruben on 21:26 - May 21 by grumpy

By that I assume you mean I couldn't support a foreign team playing Pompey,I stand by that.
If Bayern Munich were playing Pompey I couldn't bring myself to support the Germans.

And what's wrong with the Germans? There's a lot more right about the Germans then those down the road. Yes, I'm sure us Saints fans would love to watch Pompey having success in Europe, rubbing it in around the local area, just to avoid seeing a German side go through.
[Post edited 21 May 2023 21:32]

Ruben on 21:34 - May 21 with 982 viewsgrumpy

Ruben on 21:29 - May 21 by Southamptonfan

And what's wrong with the Germans? There's a lot more right about the Germans then those down the road. Yes, I'm sure us Saints fans would love to watch Pompey having success in Europe, rubbing it in around the local area, just to avoid seeing a German side go through.
[Post edited 21 May 2023 21:32]

Well considering I had a father who was injured in Normandy,a uncle who fought in WW2 ,and a great grandfather who fought in WW1 and suffered nightmares ,No I couldn't support the Germans.
Ruben on 21:40 - May 21 with 958 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ruben on 21:34 - May 21 by grumpy

Well considering I had a father who was injured in Normandy,a uncle who fought in WW2 ,and a great grandfather who fought in WW1 and suffered nightmares ,No I couldn't support the Germans.

So you would only want Pompey to win if they were playing any German side because 80 years after the war, they clearly all still worship Hitler. What about if Pompey played an Argentinian team or an Italian team linked to the Romans. I had a family member injured when the Romans attacked. He was a Celt but I'd still want Pompey to lose.
[Post edited 21 May 2023 21:43]

Ruben on 21:45 - May 21 with 936 viewsgrumpy

Ruben on 21:40 - May 21 by Southamptonfan

So you would only want Pompey to win if they were playing any German side because 80 years after the war, they clearly all still worship Hitler. What about if Pompey played an Argentinian team or an Italian team linked to the Romans. I had a family member injured when the Romans attacked. He was a Celt but I'd still want Pompey to lose.
[Post edited 21 May 2023 21:43]

No! I wouldn't support a foreign team playing a British team.
[Post edited 21 May 2023 21:48]
Ruben on 21:53 - May 21 with 925 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ruben on 21:45 - May 21 by grumpy

No! I wouldn't support a foreign team playing a British team.
[Post edited 21 May 2023 21:48]

You don't like foreigners then. Britain first 🇬🇧. I don't mind mind a bit of national pride. But I can tell you, the Pompey lot are worse. What would you do if we appointed a good German manager? Support another team?
[Post edited 21 May 2023 21:55]

Ruben on 21:56 - May 21 with 914 viewsgrumpy

Ruben on 21:53 - May 21 by Southamptonfan

You don't like foreigners then. Britain first 🇬🇧. I don't mind mind a bit of national pride. But I can tell you, the Pompey lot are worse. What would you do if we appointed a good German manager? Support another team?
[Post edited 21 May 2023 21:55]

So I don't like foreigners now.
Ruben on 21:59 - May 21 with 900 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ruben on 21:56 - May 21 by grumpy

So I don't like foreigners now.

Well why else wouldn't you ever support a foreign team against a British one under any circumstances? Some of the foreign teams are probably more moral than Newcastle, Liverpool and Pompey.

Ruben on 22:01 - May 21 with 889 viewsgrumpy

Ruben on 21:59 - May 21 by Southamptonfan

Well why else wouldn't you ever support a foreign team against a British one under any circumstances? Some of the foreign teams are probably more moral than Newcastle, Liverpool and Pompey.

'Some of the foreign teams are probably more moral than Newcastle, Liverpool and Pompey'
Ruben on 22:04 - May 21 with 871 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ruben on 22:01 - May 21 by grumpy

'Some of the foreign teams are probably more moral than Newcastle, Liverpool and Pompey'

You haven't answered the question. Why would you want foreign teams to lose every time they play a British team if it isn't because you don't like foreigners?

Ruben on 22:08 - May 21 with 860 viewsgrumpy

Ruben on 22:04 - May 21 by Southamptonfan

You haven't answered the question. Why would you want foreign teams to lose every time they play a British team if it isn't because you don't like foreigners?

I'm sorry I can't carry on, my sides are hurting too much from your last comment.
Sweet Dreams
Ruben on 22:12 - May 21 with 844 viewsSouthamptonfan

Ruben on 22:08 - May 21 by grumpy

I'm sorry I can't carry on, my sides are hurting too much from your last comment.
Sweet Dreams

And you can't answer any questions because you can't answer without proving my point.

So to sum up, you would like to see our hated rivals Pompey win because the team they they are playing is from Germany, France, Sweden or any foreign team, but can't give a reason why other than they arn't British. No Saints fan ever wants Pompey to win, ever, let's see what others think.

And you think after relegation and losing to Grimsby that we have good players that have just been mismanaged.
[Post edited 21 May 2023 22:13]

Ruben on 22:22 - May 21 with 823 viewshedgeend61

Ruben on 21:26 - May 21 by grumpy

Do you not get the Saints/Pompey hatred?

If a Pompey fan had his house bombed to the ground, lost 10 family members inside, they'd still want a German side to beat Saints, so would 100% of Pompey fans, none would want us to win.

You need to have a word with yourself as no other Saints fan alive would want Pompey to against anyone.

I even want Inter to win the CL, would be so funny if Abu Dhabi don't, so they still had the vsame amount of CL wins as us
Ruben on 23:11 - May 21 with 771 viewsWestEndBoy

Selles has done hinself no favours in his first managerial position .be very suprised if he ends up with a segunda or championship job.Will probably end up in Cyprus or Greece . Has been very arrogant with some of his decisions and clearly not up to the job.
Ruben on 08:36 - May 22 with 685 viewssaintwizzler

Saul Goodman…

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024