Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? 12:00 - May 31 with 16573 views49thseason

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:35 - Jun 1 with 3234 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 14:10 - Jun 1 by 49thseason

Hornets are lucky if they fill the car park, I doubt if they have any impact on local parking more than a couple of times per season.
There is little doubt in my mind that this is a politicised move on the part of the Council. Whether or not it has been instigated by residents, Councillors or Officers is a matter of conjecture at this stage. Certainly someone is agitating locals against the football club as theremis the precedent of the lies distributed prior to the proposed concert. This is another turn of the screw. Perhaps its time to confront RMBC to elicit the truth about their attitude to professional football in Rochdale and whether they feel its value to the Borough is less than the value of over 100 jobs, a large community outreach programme and the effect of pissing off 1000s of fans and their friends and relatives.
Perhaps its time to resurrect our talents for digging into the backgrounds of those that would do the club harm. I'll go first...

https://democracy.rochdale.gov.uk/mgDeclarationSubmission.aspx?UID=6271&HID=

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/121346/labour-co

You’ll need a fleet of tipper waggons to carry the dirt away, 49th!!
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:38 - Jun 1 with 3228 viewsEllDale

Totally coincidental of course that this exercise has begun AFTER the local elections.
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:53 - Jun 1 with 3191 viewsJames1980

Is this part of a plan to relocate to a new ground on an out of town site?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:58 - Jun 1 with 3180 viewsHullDale

Is this the same bloke that kiboshed the Queen tribute concert that would've raised much needed funds?

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/284858/4453463/

What is his problem with RAFC?
[Post edited 1 Jun 2023 21:07]
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 21:19 - Jun 1 with 3115 viewsJames1980

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:58 - Jun 1 by HullDale

Is this the same bloke that kiboshed the Queen tribute concert that would've raised much needed funds?

Was he a season ticket holder at Gigg Lane?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 22:06 - Jun 1 with 3062 views49thseason

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:58 - Jun 1 by HullDale

Easy target. He doesn't expect any comeback that make any difference. perhaps he should acquaint himself with the old West Indian proverb...
"Di higha di monkey climb, di more him backside expose".
I actually don't know if many people do park in those particular streets (I don't so I don't know...) I suppose his "investigation" will be more accurate (or should be if it cost £6,000k). Or is it just a couple of complaints that he thinks he can endear himself to those residents by "doing something"... and blowing six grand in the process?
Either way its a low blow when the Club is obviously struggling.
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 22:38 - Jun 1 with 3015 viewsDalenet

Doesn't the club currently pay a traffic management company to cone these streets on match days? If this becomes a permanent scheme, with resident permits issued, then as fans we are no worse off than before, and the club can save money on traffic coning and management.
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 23:23 - Jun 1 with 2974 viewsSandyman

Rana as mentioned in Private Eye

Login to get fewer ads

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 23:53 - Jun 1 with 2926 viewsSandyman

There's plenty more about Rana. He owns / runs Spotland Rd Post Office.
As we know, the spare land nearby is used by people with numerous issues to imbibe alcohol. Rana's solution?
On 17.8.2020, a request was put in to the ward funds sub-committee in his name that £2,000 (out of a total of £8,000 annual funds) was put towards a scheme to tart up that area. No mention of a "declaration of interest".

Following detailed protests from sub-committee members, the "project" which would have cost the Township £4,371.87 minus the £2k Rana tried to blag from his constituents money was (council officer quote) "put on hold for the moment. The information you ( a sub-committee member) have provided puts another issue into the frame that needs to be considered". Nothing else was heard of it.

We see in Rana a political opportunist, no more, no less.
When I contacted him in Spring / Summer 2021 as a constituent concerned about the nefarious goings on at RAFC, he showed token interest and did nowt effective. He was enjoying a freemans at Dale the following November.

Roger lite this one.
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 03:02 - Jun 2 with 2890 viewspioneer

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 22:06 - Jun 1 by 49thseason

Easy target. He doesn't expect any comeback that make any difference. perhaps he should acquaint himself with the old West Indian proverb...
"Di higha di monkey climb, di more him backside expose".
I actually don't know if many people do park in those particular streets (I don't so I don't know...) I suppose his "investigation" will be more accurate (or should be if it cost £6,000k). Or is it just a couple of complaints that he thinks he can endear himself to those residents by "doing something"... and blowing six grand in the process?
Either way its a low blow when the Club is obviously struggling.

I have parked on Jutland often in the past for both Dale and Hornets games pre Covid.

However not recently….my recent visits have tended to be by public transport.I dont live locally.
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 08:48 - Jun 2 with 2774 viewsNorthernDale

Why did they mention alcohol twice in the leaflet and also the club? In over four decades of watching the Dale, it is rare to see leaving the ground and acting inappropriately due to alcohol. Yes there is a tiny minority who act inappropriately, but they are usually kids who have not been drinking, but you also get anti-social behaviour all across the borough. But why raise the issue of alcohol and link it to the club and parking in the surrounding streets. I may be cynical and suggest, that there is some hidden agenda behind the local councillors and the council actions, which seem to target the club.

May I ask have the council implemented this policy in any other areas, because you can get anti-social behaviour and issues with parking in other areas. But their issue seems to be with the Dale, do they not want a football in the town?

I am going to ask my local councillor serious questions about the council targeting the Dale i this manner.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 10:00]
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 15:38 - Jun 7 with 2338 viewsSandyman

BUMP!

"Dear resident

Please note the next meeting of Spotland and Falinge Area Forum will be held on Thursday 8 June 2023 at 6.30pm in Spotland Community Centre, 92-96 Spotland Road, Rochdale."

Should anyone be interested in discussing this issue with councillors.
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 15:44 - Jun 7 with 2322 viewsjudd

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 15:38 - Jun 7 by Sandyman

BUMP!

"Dear resident

Please note the next meeting of Spotland and Falinge Area Forum will be held on Thursday 8 June 2023 at 6.30pm in Spotland Community Centre, 92-96 Spotland Road, Rochdale."

Should anyone be interested in discussing this issue with councillors.

Do we know if anyone from the club is attending?

Poll: What is it to be then?

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 16:22 - Jun 7 with 2209 views49thseason

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 15:44 - Jun 7 by judd

It would be great if a couple of supporters could go and double the attendance...
Suitable questions might be..
" why are the ward councillors so antipathetical towards Rochdale AFC, a major employer in the area, using football matches as an excuse to introduce residents parking?

"Why did you three councillore deliberately exaggerate the scope and substance of the " Queen Concert" to local residents in 2022, thus depriving the Borough of a pleasant evening and the club of much needed income, do you intend to go out of your way to oppose other such events?

" have you attempted to discuss your issues with the club"?

" Are you aware of the huge amount of community activity the club adds to the borough"?

" There are parking problems every day outside local schools, have you spent any taxpayers money attempting to install residents parking there?

How exactly did you spend £6000 of taxpayers money evaluating the need for a residents parking zone"?

" How much do you intend to charge residents for their permits"?

"Mr Rana, will you be attempting to vote twice on this topic"?
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 16:47 - Jun 7 with 2150 viewsBigKindo

In view of the problems previously caused by, on occasions, the lack of parking facilities to attend a funeral at the new Cemetery where are attendees going to park?
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 16:52 - Jun 7 with 2131 viewsTalkingSutty

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 15:44 - Jun 7 by judd

If there isn't I can drive over from Littleborough and ask some questions, if there is and anybody nearer that would be good. You would like to think that there will be representation from the club but I'm not confident.
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 16:59 - Jun 7 with 2110 viewsjudd

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 16:52 - Jun 7 by TalkingSutty

If there isn't I can drive over from Littleborough and ask some questions, if there is and anybody nearer that would be good. You would like to think that there will be representation from the club but I'm not confident.

I know that - work permitting - there will be Trust representation.

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 17:00 - Jun 7 with 2102 viewsTalkingSutty

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 16:59 - Jun 7 by judd

I know that - work permitting - there will be Trust representation.

Thanks for that, i'll leave it then👍
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 17:41 - Jun 7 with 2014 viewsSandyman

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 16:52 - Jun 7 by TalkingSutty

There will be at least two fans who live in the ward there. The more the merrier
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 19:51 - Jun 7 with 1864 viewsTalkingSutty

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 17:41 - Jun 7 by Sandyman

There will be at least two fans who live in the ward there. The more the merrier

If there are people going to be present who live nearer i'll leave it, thanks anyway.
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:05 - Jun 7 with 1826 views1mark1

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 19:51 - Jun 7 by TalkingSutty

If there are people going to be present who live nearer i'll leave it, thanks anyway.

My friend, and Comrade, Mick Coats , Spotland Green Party candidate, will be there. This is his Facebook post on the matter
"
The proposed residents parking scheme is both flawed and not thought out.
If a resident wants any visitors they will need to buy a visitors parking permit (£25) to allow them to park outside their house. This means friends, medical visitors, tradesmen. This is potentially discriminatory.
The proposed scheme is not wanted, will cost residents and harms the football club. What is it the council has against Rochdale AFC? Are any other schemes planned in Rochdale?"

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:11 - Jun 7 with 1800 views1mark1

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:05 - Jun 7 by 1mark1

My friend, and Comrade, Mick Coats , Spotland Green Party candidate, will be there. This is his Facebook post on the matter
"
If a resident wants any visitors they will need to buy a visitors parking permit (£25) to allow them to park outside their house. This means friends, medical visitors, tradesmen. This is potentially discriminatory.
The proposed scheme is not wanted, will cost residents and harms the football club. What is it the council has against Rochdale AFC? Are any other schemes planned in Rochdale?"

He will make the point about how much local businesses like the Chippy, and local pubs etc rely on the football fans who attend matches.

The local Councillors have an history going back to Norman Smith, of opposition to the Dale.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 21:14 - Jun 7 with 1706 viewsSuddenLad

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 20:05 - Jun 7 by 1mark1

"

We actually asked for just this kind of resident permit plan to be implemented in the area where I previously lived. It affected only 10 houses in a small square. The council turned us down flat, saying that it was far too expensive to implement and even more expensive to administer and enforce.

Instead, they spent a fortune putting down double yellow lines, which discriminated against the very residents who made the initial request.

Completely bonkers and a shocking waste of resources, but that's RMBC in a nutshell.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 07:59 - Jun 8 with 1529 viewsTalkingSutty

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 17:41 - Jun 7 by Sandyman

Did any representative from the football club attend last nights meeting and if so did they voice their concerns in regards to how this will severely impact the Club and the supporters. Cheers
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 8:10]
RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 09:57 - Jun 8 with 1400 viewsjudd

RMBC ... Parking restrictions on match days and nights around Spotland? on 07:59 - Jun 8 by TalkingSutty

Did any representative from the football club attend last nights meeting and if so did they voice their concerns in regards to how this will severely impact the Club and the supporters. Cheers
[Post edited 8 Jun 2023 8:10]

It's tonight

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024