Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wet Spam v the Florentines 20:30 - Jun 7 with 8982 viewsNoDiddley

Whatever they called, anybody watching?
If so wake me up when something happens apart from players falling over & feigning injury (there an Italian shock)
Should be tasty after the final whistle though
Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:23 - Jun 7 with 1754 viewsNorthernr

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:16 - Jun 7 by MungoJezza

BT Sport's coverage is just so bad! A stream of inane ramblings from awful pundits! Then, to top it off, an extended interview with that bellend, Kurt Zouma!

I thought Don Hutchinson was quite good on co coms but why on earth we had to suffer that fcking shitgibbon Savage interrupting everybody with “West Ham are massive” every 30 seconds I do not know. Who is it in broadcasting who thinks he’s what the audience wants?
Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:25 - Jun 7 with 1729 viewsTripper

Why are they talking about 58 years of hurt when they won the FA cup in 75 which must be at least as prestigious as this thing?
Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:27 - Jun 7 with 1714 viewsconnell10

Warbs looks like he has been on Beales diet plan, put on some timber....

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:30 - Jun 7 with 1683 viewsted_hendrix

I'm pleased for David Moyes and I didn't watch a second of the game.

I'm In the midst of a football sabbatical.

Which Is nice.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:31 - Jun 7 with 1656 viewsSharpy36

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:16 - Jun 7 by ManinBlack

Bowen is a decent finisher. Got rather fed up of that idiot Savage and his massive comments. I remember us going uto Upton Park and winning there 3-0 and 4-0. Right now our pathetic team are miles behind them like with most London clubs. I still believe finances in the game has played a big role in our demise as a smaller club.

It`s not the money that has seen us slip to the bottom of the rung, we`ve had plenty of it, but the custodian of said finances and those without lack of future planning.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:33 - Jun 7 with 1649 viewsstowmarketrange

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:25 - Jun 7 by Tripper

Why are they talking about 58 years of hurt when they won the FA cup in 75 which must be at least as prestigious as this thing?

And again in 1980 with a Brooking header from about 3 yards.
Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:35 - Jun 7 with 1626 viewsPaddyhoops

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:23 - Jun 7 by Northernr

I thought Don Hutchinson was quite good on co coms but why on earth we had to suffer that fcking shitgibbon Savage interrupting everybody with “West Ham are massive” every 30 seconds I do not know. Who is it in broadcasting who thinks he’s what the audience wants?

According to Frankie Boyle . Savage challenged Boyle to a fight .
Frankie’s reply .. You fight evolution first and I’ll fight the winner.
Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:45 - Jun 7 with 1581 viewsBluce_Ree

Fiorentina have always been my fave Italian side but even without that I'd want West Ham and their dickhead fans to lose.

For many reasons but a good one is their phone number.

0333 030 1966.

Fking tw@ts. Embarrassing.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Login to get fewer ads

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 23:01 - Jun 7 with 1495 viewsnumptydumpty

The commentary on BT SPORT was so poor. Savage said nothing of significance and when Bowen was thru on goal in last minute, the commentator really did say,

"It's up for grabs now !!!"

Brian Moore whose head looked extremely like the London planetarium, would be spinning in his wotsit.

Very unoriginal...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 23:06 - Jun 7 with 1473 viewsRs_Holy

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:12 - Jun 7 by NorthantsHoop

Well done the Hammers.

yeah... amazing Champions of Europe ... who would have thought it?
Wet Spam v the Florentines on 23:18 - Jun 7 with 1460 viewsManinBlack

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:31 - Jun 7 by Sharpy36

It`s not the money that has seen us slip to the bottom of the rung, we`ve had plenty of it, but the custodian of said finances and those without lack of future planning.

The reason why we are crap now and totting up unwanted records like the most home defeats in a season as an example is because we are skint. The money is with the owners. I agree we briefly had cash to splash but we frittered it away rapidly before FFP crippled us. Those who controlled our finances have been inept it is true but now we have no money to speak of to invest in the squad.

Unless we get a second large financial boost and we don't squander it then we are more than likely to see ourselves flitting between league 1 and the Championship for many a decade. Somehow I can't see us getting lucky by having a new ground given to us like with West Ham and having 60k attendances to boost the club's income.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2023 23:21]
Wet Spam v the Florentines on 23:41 - Jun 7 with 1412 viewsSydneyRs

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 23:01 - Jun 7 by numptydumpty

The commentary on BT SPORT was so poor. Savage said nothing of significance and when Bowen was thru on goal in last minute, the commentator really did say,

Brian Moore whose head looked extremely like the London planetarium, would be spinning in his wotsit.

Very unoriginal...

Nice reference to the old Gillingham fanzine there and of course the classic commentary from the title finish in 89.

That finish was so much better than the Aguero one everyone wets themselves about. Needing to win by two at Anfield in the days when they never lost there, and broke decades of Liverpool dominance (two titles since that night). The other one involved a billionaire team beating strugglers down to ten men that just found out they were safe, not even close.

Pleased for West Ham.
Wet Spam v the Florentines on 23:58 - Jun 7 with 1401 viewsStanisgod

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 23:06 - Jun 7 by Rs_Holy

yeah... amazing Champions of Europe ... who would have thought it?

The European equivalent of the Johnstones paint trophy. F#cking hate em, always have.
Just know the shirts will all be out in Basildon town centre Saturday whereas up till March never saw one.. Oh and did I mention, I hate em.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 00:18 - Jun 8 with 1387 viewsbob566

English clubs have been well behaved in Europe. Haven't seen a mention of trouble bar wham. Let themselves down big time
Wet Spam v the Florentines on 01:16 - Jun 8 with 1361 viewsjoe90

West Ham deserved that. Big night for the club and will go down in history. It’s shame a few fans let them down.
Wet Spam v the Florentines on 01:43 - Jun 8 with 1333 viewsBoston

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:25 - Jun 7 by Tripper

Was at that '75 final. Nothing interesting until a WHU type got himself into the stadium tannoy room and started to broadcast his support for the Hammers. Amusing.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 02:49 - Jun 8 with 1310 viewscharmr

A lot of other European league moaning about the dominance of the Premier League. Do fans around the globe want to watch matches like the last two finals with all the bs the players and managers are bringing to the game. Totally unwatchable and as if the ball being in play is becoming redundant.

Also the sheer baffling unaccountability and self serving ignorance in seeing how upset Florentina’s players were at the end, their manager in the referees face, after being the protagonists in turning a game of football into a farce.

Also anyone see our ex media guy Ian Taylor being part of the celebrations on the field.
Wet Spam v the Florentines on 06:48 - Jun 8 with 1214 viewsNorthernr

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 23:01 - Jun 7 by numptydumpty

Very unoriginal...

He'd actually said "it's up for grabs now" a few minutes earlier over a different chance as well so he was clearly keen to get it in.
Wet Spam v the Florentines on 07:27 - Jun 8 with 1141 viewsSK_hoops

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 23:41 - Jun 7 by SydneyRs

Nice reference to the old Gillingham fanzine there and of course the classic commentary from the title finish in 89.

That finish was so much better than the Aguero one everyone wets themselves about. Needing to win by two at Anfield in the days when they never lost there, and broke decades of Liverpool dominance (two titles since that night). The other one involved a billionaire team beating strugglers down to ten men that just found out they were safe, not even close.

Pleased for West Ham.

Football didn't exist before1992 for many people.
Wet Spam v the Florentines on 07:28 - Jun 8 with 1139 viewsLblock

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:31 - Jun 7 by Sharpy36

Nutshell

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 09:42 - Jun 8 with 985 viewshubble

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 01:43 - Jun 8 by Boston

Was at that '75 final. Nothing interesting until a WHU type got himself into the stadium tannoy room and started to broadcast his support for the Hammers. Amusing.

Ha, funnily enough I was there too, Boz. The reason being that my brother is a Hammers fan and our old man got us the tickets. My brother had a fantastic day out, me, not so much. I've never really liked them, yet because of my brother, I've been at three iconic Wet Spam games: that FA cup final, the cup winners cup semi-final the following year and the last ever game at Upton Park. Didn't enjoy any of 'em! My brother did though. So I'm pleased for him they won last night, he's absolutely over the moon.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 10:10 - Jun 8 with 1793 viewsTheChef

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:23 - Jun 7 by Northernr

It's not what you know, it's who you know...

Clearly Robbie must have plenty of ins with the funny handshake brigade.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 10:11 - Jun 8 with 1782 viewsTheChef

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 22:14 - Jun 7 by dannyblue

A mate's there with his family. So delighted for them.

Can't help but be jealous and remark again how far we've slipped behind over the last 30 years, and especially the last 12.

Except that in the last twelve years, we've won more trophies than them.

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 10:15 - Jun 8 with 1769 viewsterryb

I was at Wembley for their previous European Cup win in 1965.

Two goals from Alan Sealey (who?) brought Cup Winners Cup victory against Munich's top club. Well, 1860 were at the time, but not for much longer!

They managed to reach the semi finals defending the trophy before bowing out to Borrusia Dortmund. Dortmund beat Liverpool in the final at Hampden Park after Celtic were dismissed in the other semi.

I think Celtic more than made up for that 12 months later!

I thought last night was shit from start to finish!
Wet Spam v the Florentines on 10:21 - Jun 8 with 1761 viewsTheChef

Wet Spam v the Florentines on 10:15 - Jun 8 by terryb

I was at Wembley for their previous European Cup win in 1965.

Two goals from Alan Sealey (who?) brought Cup Winners Cup victory against Munich's top club. Well, 1860 were at the time, but not for much longer!

They managed to reach the semi finals defending the trophy before bowing out to Borrusia Dortmund. Dortmund beat Liverpool in the final at Hampden Park after Celtic were dismissed in the other semi.

I think Celtic more than made up for that 12 months later!

I thought last night was shit from start to finish!

Les' dad, no?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024