Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most expensive pub. 21:19 - Jul 18 with 19324 viewsqpr_1968

most i've paid for a drink was tonight in our very own crown and sceptre.

pint of peroni and half of guiness.........£9.35

can anyone top that.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Most expensive pub. on 22:21 - Sep 11 with 2780 viewsqpr_1968

Most expensive pub. on 22:16 - Sep 11 by colinallcars

Brentford has always been a great place for pubs and used to have the biggest amount of pubs per capita in the country. It used to be called the town of taverns.
OK a lot have gone but still a good place.
I like pub threads !

there used to be a couple of pubs nearby where i said, the brittania, and fat/phat boys, which done a lovely thai......couldnt find them yesterday....mind you , the amount of buildings that looked as if they'd shot up, no wonder.

Most expensive pub. on 22:22 - Sep 11 with 2779 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Scirocco in Bangkok about 10 years ago.

A JD and coke, a white wine, a bottle of Thai beer, and a soft drink. I had the equivalent of £100 in Baht on me... had to put it on a card!

Terrific view mind.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Most expensive pub. on 22:25 - Sep 11 with 2747 viewsqpr_1968

Most expensive pub. on 22:22 - Sep 11 by PlanetHonneywood

A JD and coke, a white wine, a bottle of Thai beer, and a soft drink. I had the equivalent of £100 in Baht on me... had to put it on a card!

Terrific view mind.

horrendous, always thought of thailand being a cheap country.

Most expensive pub. on 22:26 - Sep 11 with 2736 viewscolinallcars

But they have a loyalty card.
Most expensive pub. on 06:50 - Sep 12 with 2560 viewsBklynRanger

Most expensive pub. on 22:22 - Sep 11 by PlanetHonneywood

Terrific view mind.

Off topic sorry but I just got back from Bangkok yesterday, and actually stayed for the first week in the building the Scirocco restaurant is at the top of.

This was an Airbnb on the 46th floor, which had a mad, slightly vertigo inducing view. That State Tower building has an interesting story these days - a lot of mixed use residential units. Ours was done up like a hotel room and the one next door was like any simple home you'd pass on the street below.

I became slightly obsessed with the abandoned 49 story building opposite it - the 'Sathon Unique Tower'. A classic white elephant that was never finished but dominates the skyline. Had a look at the pics last night and you can actually see the Gulf in the background of some of those shots, which I hadn't even noticed at the time - big super tanker sitting out in the distance.

But I really do digress... Thailand beer still cheap, wine pricy especially in bars, mojitos etc not bad: £5/£6 and most staff do respond to requests of 'not sweet just strong' when ordering them.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2023 6:51]
Most expensive pub. on 07:12 - Sep 12 with 2538 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Most expensive pub. on 06:50 - Sep 12 by BklynRanger

Off topic sorry but I just got back from Bangkok yesterday, and actually stayed for the first week in the building the Scirocco restaurant is at the top of.

This was an Airbnb on the 46th floor, which had a mad, slightly vertigo inducing view. That State Tower building has an interesting story these days - a lot of mixed use residential units. Ours was done up like a hotel room and the one next door was like any simple home you'd pass on the street below.

I became slightly obsessed with the abandoned 49 story building opposite it - the 'Sathon Unique Tower'. A classic white elephant that was never finished but dominates the skyline. Had a look at the pics last night and you can actually see the Gulf in the background of some of those shots, which I hadn't even noticed at the time - big super tanker sitting out in the distance.

But I really do digress... Thailand beer still cheap, wine pricy especially in bars, mojitos etc not bad: £5/£6 and most staff do respond to requests of 'not sweet just strong' when ordering them.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2023 6:51]

Keeping it just about on-topic, I totally agree that BKK/Thailand still offers great value overall.

Been going there for 30-plus years, and in my experience prices in the big cities have somewhat equalised around the world. But with a little 'experience' you can still find cracking places without silly prices. Jack's Bar on the river still remains a joy to sail up to for a sesh.

We stay in that part of BKK you were at, and if you go down some side streets, you're eating top-tucker and having cold beers for nada. Proving the old adage: you pays your money....

Most expensive pub. on 08:38 - Sep 12 with 2452 viewsBklynRanger

100% - there were typhoons around so we had to change plans and stayed in Bangkok for 16 nights in the end. Which I accept a lot of people would think was mad but we'd been to the islands in the past and got a bit bored.

Was almost entirely in that area you speak of PH, apart from the last 2 nights. Spent the unexpected second week in the Centre Point Hotel - got a great deal on a grand suite and couldn't have been happier. Ate in those spots you describe a lot, and am missing them already. 4 trips to Jack's Bar - loved it.

I'm shutting up now...
Most expensive pub. on 19:26 - Aug 30 with 1619 viewsjohann28

Was in one of those places in the City last night, you know, one of those pubs that now looks like a posh hotel foyer - was charged £7 for 330ml (wtf's that?) Which my reckoning isn't even 2/3 of a pint, although I'm still doing the maths. We're well and truly fkd
Login to get fewer ads

Most expensive pub. on 19:40 - Aug 30 with 1479 viewsPaddyhoops

Went my best mates wedding reception at the mandarin hotel in knightsbridge nigh on twenty two years ago . 9 quid for a bottle of bud . My round came to 81quid.
Still . Cracking night and a pissed up Cilla Black sang us a song… badly.
Most expensive pub. on 19:53 - Aug 30 with 1436 viewsGaryHaddock

Nothing sobers you up like a round in Norway.
Most expensive pub. on 19:58 - Aug 30 with 1414 viewsColesIndyRs

Most expensive pub. on 19:53 - Aug 30 by GaryHaddock

Same for Iceland too.
Most expensive pub. on 21:06 - Aug 30 with 1312 viewsgolborne

Most expensive pub. on 09:26 - Jul 19 by Hayesender

The most expensive was in Dublin last year at around 10 euro a pint.

The most over here was probably the Barrow boy at London Bridge before Charlton last season. Frontier was around £6.90 a pint, and the neck oil my mate was drinking was over £7.

I'm off to New York and Chicago in September, so expecting to out do them all. New York looks to be very pricey

You all deserve what you get for going to Templebar. I pay 6.20 euro, so 5.50 sterling for a Guinness 3 miles from the city Centre.

All youngs pubs in Wandsworth/clapham area charge £7.20 for a Guinness
Most expensive pub. on 21:39 - Aug 30 with 1211 viewsbrad

5... 5.20 a pint of plain.... 5.50 to 5.70 for your largers.....some pubs 5 euro for all drinks including bottles and shorts...ballina co mayo ireland...
Most expensive pub. on 22:30 - Aug 30 with 1081 viewsMatch82

I'm afraid I have this one sewn up. $19 for a Coors Light at The Sphere in Vegas. Mind you even a bottle of water was $7
Most expensive pub. on 22:34 - Aug 30 with 1062 viewsBoston

Most expensive pub. on 22:30 - Aug 30 by Match82

I'm afraid I have this one sewn up. $19 for a Coors Light at The Sphere in Vegas. Mind you even a bottle of water was $7

Bottle, can, 16 or 20oz draft?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Most expensive pub. on 22:46 - Aug 30 with 1016 viewsLordPork

Most expensive pub. on 19:53 - Aug 30 by GaryHaddock

yep £10 a pint years ago......
Most expensive pub. on 01:46 - Aug 31 with 872 viewsMatch82

Most expensive pub. on 22:34 - Aug 30 by Boston

Bottle, can, 16 or 20oz draft?

24oz can
Most expensive pub. on 21:25 - Sep 1 with 567 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Just landed in Montreal, dropped bags and Mrs PH - eager to get out among her peeps - and I went for a beer.

Two cans of local IPA...£21. Fooking cans for crissake!!!

Most expensive pub. on 08:43 - Sep 2 with 381 viewskomradkirk

I was at a cultural event on saturady in Ballymena and Ballee Community Centre were doing two bottles of Coors for a fiver.
Sit on the ground outside but the sun was blazing.

Belfast city centre can be £7 for a pint of stout
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024