Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EGM 18:35 - Jul 24 with 103982 viewsHullDale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/notice-of-egm/
EGM on 19:03 - Aug 8 with 3291 viewsSuddenLad

EGM on 18:16 - Aug 8 by 442Dale

ID wasn’t required last year. They checked your name off on the list and you had to sign in.

And how did they know who was who without proof?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

EGM on 19:22 - Aug 8 with 3226 viewsD_Alien

EGM on 18:47 - Aug 8 by Dalenet

What did it say on the pack sent to the random sample of shareholders?

Did anybody find out how many votes they need to pass this resolution? Is it 75% of all shares 75% of those that attend/or issueca proxy, or is it a simple majority?

The pack was a simple pdf file, with the date, time, venue and special resolution, plus proxy information

All those things you refer to remain undisclosed

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

EGM on 19:28 - Aug 8 with 3196 viewsDalenet

EGM on 19:22 - Aug 8 by D_Alien

The pack was a simple pdf file, with the date, time, venue and special resolution, plus proxy information

All those things you refer to remain undisclosed

Thanks. Time will tell no doubt. But if it fails to attract sufficient support they will need to look into the mirror
EGM on 19:31 - Aug 8 with 3185 viewsjudd

EGM on 19:28 - Aug 8 by Dalenet

Thanks. Time will tell no doubt. But if it fails to attract sufficient support they will need to look into the mirror

75% on the night plus how proxys vote

Poll: What is it to be then?

EGM on 00:04 - Aug 10 with 2439 viewsSandyman

Resolution passed on a show of hands, but a poll vote request was in place should it be needed.
EGM on 08:30 - Aug 10 with 2102 viewsDaleaholic

If I'm wrong in what I'm saying here, please do correct me...

Last night, it was confirmed that the club has had to prove to the league that they can fulfil the season, financially. I'm fairly sure this is standard for every club & league.

What worries me though is that they have included the £860k that would come from the sale of the 25% unallocated shares in their figures to the league.

What happens if someone doesn't come in and buy those shares? Even if the loan is put in, it leaves us £510k short for the season if the shares remain unsold. Add this to the 600k budgeted loss for the season and it makes for very depressing reading.

How far into the season can we get before we're a headline on Sky Sports News?

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

EGM on 08:43 - Aug 10 with 2056 viewsJames1980

EGM on 08:30 - Aug 10 by Daleaholic

Last night, it was confirmed that the club has had to prove to the league that they can fulfil the season, financially. I'm fairly sure this is standard for every club & league.

What worries me though is that they have included the £860k that would come from the sale of the 25% unallocated shares in their figures to the league.

What happens if someone doesn't come in and buy those shares? Even if the loan is put in, it leaves us £510k short for the season if the shares remain unsold. Add this to the 600k budgeted loss for the season and it makes for very depressing reading.

That is incredibly worrying and begs the question why have we not been made aware of the severity of the situation prior to last night?

On another note what was the Bowlee money spent on?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

EGM on 08:51 - Aug 10 with 2032 viewsDaleaholic

EGM on 08:43 - Aug 10 by James1980

That is incredibly worrying and begs the question why have we not been made aware of the severity of the situation prior to last night?

I don't think the question had been asked before last night...

I may have the context all wrong but it just doesn't make sense to include money you don't have when proving you can finance something.

Login to get fewer ads

EGM on 09:36 - Aug 10 with 1894 viewsNorthernDale

Did the board not state at the fans forum, that they are due to the EFL money and other monies in August, So is this loan according to the board to cover short term issues in cash flow through the summer months.

If Southend can carry on, I would be amazed if we got rejected, but the problem is shouting from the rooftops that we are skint, rather being more discreet, is not the most sensible thing to do, if you are running a business. In doing so, they are advertising our financial situation to the whole world, which forces other people, like the NL to ask questions. I would not be surprised, if the board said 'no' or 'we are not sure', because the board is very amateurish in how it behaves at times, the quicker we can sell or get somebody to over the club, the better.
EGM on 09:41 - Aug 10 with 1870 viewsJames1980

At the end of the FF SG rattled of a list of improvements that had taken place under the new boards tenure so far, yet we still find ourselves in this unenviable position as a club.

EGM on 09:48 - Aug 10 with 1837 viewsDaleaholic

EGM on 09:36 - Aug 10 by NorthernDale

Did the board not state at the fans forum, that they are due to the EFL money and other monies in August, So is this loan according to the board to cover short term issues in cash flow through the summer months.

If Southend can carry on, I would be amazed if we got rejected, but the problem is shouting from the rooftops that we are skint, rather being more discreet, is not the most sensible thing to do, if you are running a business. In doing so, they are advertising our financial situation to the whole world, which forces other people, like the NL to ask questions. I would not be surprised, if the board said 'no' or 'we are not sure', because the board is very amateurish in how it behaves at times, the quicker we can sell or get somebody to over the club, the better.

I'm guessing our proof of funding would have included the monies due from the EFL. Which makes it even more worrying. That's money we WILL get. There's £860k in that proof of funding that we'll only get if someone comes in and buys the unallocated shares.

I'd hazard a guess that the EFL parachute payments come in before the start of the season too, so we should have already had that in?

There's a fine line between letting people know you are looking for investment and telling people you're skint. It's no wonder we've got so many vultures circling.

EGM on 09:55 - Aug 10 with 1806 viewsNorthernDale

I wonder, if the board have professional advice from business consultants, but I am shocked how badly the club as been run since Dunphy was forced out, perhaps the fact Dunphy has experienced of running a fairly successful business. Hopefully the investors, the board are speaking too have experience of running successful businesses, but either way, hopefully the board can speed up the process of getting other people in, because we need fresh leadership in the board.
EGM on 10:03 - Aug 10 with 1780 viewsDalenet

I am not sure the budgeted loss and the 500K are separate numbers. Surely the loss is £500k unless the shares are sold.

It has been asked before, and is up to us as shareholders to dig deep at the AGM when there is one, as to why we haven't cut our budgets to the level needed for sustainability from 2024/25. And I am still not convinced that we have the roght skills on board to grow income. Every extra £100k in the kitty is better than £100k loss and it makes us more attractive to any investor. Imagine being asked to look at acquiring a business that couldn't demonstrate that it could raise revenues. And arguing that we are selling more beer at £2.80 a pint isn't a good answer.
EGM on 10:04 - Aug 10 with 1777 viewssamueloneils

And now that sanity has prevailed and we have accepted a lifeline, the Directors can discuss with potential investors without appearing to have a pistol to their heads. Hopefully this will see off the sharks who were hoping for a cheap deal, and who always seem to appear at these times.

We had to have a breathing space.
EGM on 10:09 - Aug 10 with 1754 viewsdawlishdale

EGM on 08:43 - Aug 10 by James1980

The Bowlee money was spent years ago on upgrading the floodlights. It was when Colin Garlick was still at the club.
The Trust balloted members who voted almost unanimously to spend it in that way.

Bottom line now is that we are skint, and but for the gesture by SG & RK, we could very well not be able to complete this season. This will give us some breathing space until a suitable buyer can be found.

I wish the idiots on FB would give their heads a wobble or at least come up with a viable alternative.
EGM on 10:41 - Aug 10 with 1630 viewsNorthernDale

I agree the loan is important in ensuring we do not have any cash flow issues, so I would accept the loan from SG & RK is a sign of good will, when they could have said, Bug*er it and walked away. My concern is how the club as been run and I accept that restoring the lottery in house, will increase revenue and this may be the case, if the go back to the door collections. Also did someone suggest the idea of converting an internal part of the arena into a gym, which would generate income. We are in the words of SG, 'asset rich, cash poor', so unlike some teams, we have assets. A good run in the league and the FA cup will hopefully generate further income, in that attracting football may attract more fans to the Dale.

In respect to the EFL payments, I am sure they are not paid before the season commences and I agree, we need to sit down and plan for not only for this season, but also for the next few seasons. This planning would need to include the fans participation via the trust.
EGM on 10:42 - Aug 10 with 1627 viewsJames1980

EGM on 10:09 - Aug 10 by dawlishdale

The Bowlee money was spent years ago on upgrading the floodlights. It was when Colin Garlick was still at the club.
The Trust balloted members who voted almost unanimously to spend it in that way.

Bottom line now is that we are skint, and but for the gesture by SG & RK, we could very well not be able to complete this season. This will give us some breathing space until a suitable buyer can be found.

I wish the idiots on FB would give their heads a wobble or at least come up with a viable alternative.

Cheers Dawlish I noticed it was the subject of a poll
I believe the floodlights have had a further upgrade since

EGM on 10:52 - Aug 10 with 1583 viewsDale69er

Time to address the elephant in the room. That is, if we are to remain a fan owned club, then,without the advantage of a wealthy benefactor, we fans are going to have to dig deep into our pockets.

Many fans (including, I presume, those who voted in favour of last night's motion) aren't happy with the loan proposal by SG and RK. That being the case, we need, for example, 1000 fans who are willing and able to donate (give) £350 each. The more fans the merrier since this will reduce the amount of the donation.

Should the Trust be asked to set up a "fighting fund"? Money so raised to be used to purchase shares so that we "see" some benefit.

Sure I read somewhere that £200k will be required if the Community Ownership Fund application goes ahead. Unsure what the timescale for this is, but we could be needing to raise over half a million quid in fairly short order
EGM on 11:01 - Aug 10 with 1548 viewsNorthernDale

May I ask what is the Community Fund and how does it operate?

The idea of the fans donating money into a fund is a good idea, £350 may be a bit steep for some, but many may consider the idea of making donations, if it via a monthly direct debt to ease the donations.
EGM on 11:04 - Aug 10 with 1531 viewsD_Alien

EGM on 10:52 - Aug 10 by Dale69er

Time to address the elephant in the room. That is, if we are to remain a fan owned club, then,without the advantage of a wealthy benefactor, we fans are going to have to dig deep into our pockets.

Many fans (including, I presume, those who voted in favour of last night's motion) aren't happy with the loan proposal by SG and RK. That being the case, we need, for example, 1000 fans who are willing and able to donate (give) £350 each. The more fans the merrier since this will reduce the amount of the donation.

Should the Trust be asked to set up a "fighting fund"? Money so raised to be used to purchase shares so that we "see" some benefit.

Sure I read somewhere that £200k will be required if the Community Ownership Fund application goes ahead. Unsure what the timescale for this is, but we could be needing to raise over half a million quid in fairly short order

As i posted last night, doing nothing is not an option

The idea of a "fighting fund" was touched on in post-EGM conversations in the Ratcliffe. I'd certainly part with £350, but it would only be a start

Let's see what the Trust comes up with now the writing's on the wall in big ugly graffiti - remembering that the Trust is its membership as a whole

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

EGM on 11:11 - Aug 10 with 1504 viewsjudd

EGM on 11:01 - Aug 10 by NorthernDale

May I ask what is the Community Fund and how does it operate?

The idea of the fans donating money into a fund is a good idea, £350 may be a bit steep for some, but many may consider the idea of making donations, if it via a monthly direct debt to ease the donations.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/community-ownership-fund-prospectus

Poll: What is it to be then?

EGM on 11:20 - Aug 10 with 1469 viewsTalkingSutty

EGM on 11:04 - Aug 10 by D_Alien

As i posted last night, doing nothing is not an option

The idea of a "fighting fund" was touched on in post-EGM conversations in the Ratcliffe. I'd certainly part with £350, but it would only be a start

Let's see what the Trust comes up with now the writing's on the wall in big ugly graffiti - remembering that the Trust is its membership as a whole

I'd donate £350 but it would be conditional on different people running the club. People who demonstrate that they have a collective desire, passion and the skill set to progress the club alongside fan involvement. The evidence shows that Gauge etc are not fit for purpose when it comes to running a football club, they would probably admit that themselves now though.

Also, and this might be me not understanding things properly, i thought the overwhelming number of Trust members are in favour of bringing in outside investors. Nobody will know the lie of the land until that happens or what sort of role the Trust would then play. The new investor might want to buy up the remaining shares i would have thought?

I'm still not sure why the Trust are not insistent on being front and centre when it comes to the search for a investor. I mean being actively invited all of the discussions, from the very beginning and not at a time and date of the Chairman's chosing? Simon Gauge could put that in place as of today, it would seem like a commonsense thing to do, involve the clubs major shareholder at every step.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 12:04]
EGM on 11:22 - Aug 10 with 1460 viewsAtThePeake

EGM on 10:52 - Aug 10 by Dale69er

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/08/trust-launches-monthly-share-scheme/

Tangled up in blue.

EGM on 11:43 - Aug 10 with 1380 viewsDale69er

EGM on 11:22 - Aug 10 by AtThePeake

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2021/08/trust-launches-monthly-share-scheme/

Ta ATP. I am aware of the share scheme. Perhaps I'm being too pessimistic, but I have the distinct impression that funds are needed fairly soon. In which case should the Trust have a "recruitment drive" to increase the amounts subscribed" ?
EGM on 11:52 - Aug 10 with 1345 viewsBluebottle

EGM on 09:48 - Aug 10 by Daleaholic

I'm guessing our proof of funding would have included the monies due from the EFL. Which makes it even more worrying. That's money we WILL get. There's £860k in that proof of funding that we'll only get if someone comes in and buys the unallocated shares.

I'd hazard a guess that the EFL parachute payments come in before the start of the season too, so we should have already had that in?

There's a fine line between letting people know you are looking for investment and telling people you're skint. It's no wonder we've got so many vultures circling.

It was said at the fans forum that the parachute payments were due to be made soon, so no they haven't been made as yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024