Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McNulty's comments 08:34 - Jul 30 with 14730 viewsscarrow

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/interview_mcnultypostbradford/

Budget or lack of...

Poll: Final position

McNulty's comments on 11:57 - Jul 30 with 1943 viewskel

McNulty's comments on 11:50 - Jul 30 by 49thseason

The Board will be held to account by the owners of the club, the shareholders, at the EGM. It would be wholly inappropriate to discuss sensitive financial matters in an open public forum prior to the shareholders being informed. If fans feel they are being excluded from discussions they are passionate about, they have the option of buying some shares and becoming shareholders and indeed should do if they possibly can.

The shareholders haven’t been give any information!
McNulty's comments on 11:58 - Jul 30 with 1939 views442Dale

McNulty's comments on 11:50 - Jul 30 by 49thseason

The Board will be held to account by the owners of the club, the shareholders, at the EGM. It would be wholly inappropriate to discuss sensitive financial matters in an open public forum prior to the shareholders being informed. If fans feel they are being excluded from discussions they are passionate about, they have the option of buying some shares and becoming shareholders and indeed should do if they possibly can.

Whilst I see your point, the main shareholder, the Supporters Trust have pointed to the forum as an opportunity for their members, who therefore are part-shareholders, to gain further und

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/07/trust-response-to-egm-announcement/

<<“As is and always will be the case, The Trust’s response to this will be directed by its members. As such, we will be conducting a poll of Trust members starting on Friday 4th August. We have chosen this date as it is the day after the Fans Forum. By then, supporters will have had the opportunity to decide which is the appropriate way to vote. The Trust will be voting at the EGM the way that the members dictate them to.

We have had a request from a member to hold a Trust meeting ahead of the Ebbsfleet game on Saturday 5th August. We do not believe this would serve much purpose at this moment in time given it is just two days after the forum, where any questions related to the EGM can be submitted”>>

So, in the absence of calling an AGM first, which the club could have done, this is where we stand.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 11:58]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

McNulty's comments on 12:16 - Jul 30 with 1857 viewsEdindale

McNulty's comments on 09:30 - Jul 30 by HullDale

"I would like a few more bodies in the building – I don’t know if that’s going to be possible"

In other words, vote yes at the EGM or else....

That whole interview reads to me like he hasn't even got the budget he was told he'd have when he took the job on. Thoroughly, thoroughly depressing.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 9:30]

Very unfortunate position for BJ after a semi encouraging pre-season where some new young players have been blooded. Definately sounds as if finances have been cut and no recent signings or loan deals completed last week.

It looks like a one out one in situation at best. A no vote at the EGM will probably reduce this even further into a managed decline / survival mode.

Serious questions need to be asked (and answered) by the BoD to see if they have the appetite or commercial guile to instigate a revival. It is their responsibility to fund the club with or without outside investment.

This situation could become very acrimonious and there is a need to maintain channels of communication and work constructively if possible.
McNulty's comments on 12:19 - Jul 30 with 1849 views49thseason

McNulty's comments on 11:57 - Jul 30 by kel

The shareholders haven’t been give any information!

Yes they have, they have been told that 2 Directors are prepared to loan money to the company if they can overcome the requirements of a clause in the Articles of Incorporation, which requires 75% of the shareholders approval.
The meeting is to allow shareholders to ask pertinent questions and decide if it is something they want to do and vote on it.
This procedure fulfills the legal requirements associated with an EGM, the Trust will / should have no more information than this. The Trust Director may have more information but will be embargoed on divulging what further information he may have until the EGM. It would be reckless to divulge further information before the Shareholders have had the opportunity to ask more questions and make decisions.
McNulty's comments on 12:23 - Jul 30 with 1834 views442Dale

McNulty's comments on 12:19 - Jul 30 by 49thseason

Yes they have, they have been told that 2 Directors are prepared to loan money to the company if they can overcome the requirements of a clause in the Articles of Incorporation, which requires 75% of the shareholders approval.
The meeting is to allow shareholders to ask pertinent questions and decide if it is something they want to do and vote on it.
This procedure fulfills the legal requirements associated with an EGM, the Trust will / should have no more information than this. The Trust Director may have more information but will be embargoed on divulging what further information he may have until the EGM. It would be reckless to divulge further information before the Shareholders have had the opportunity to ask more questions and make decisions.

Again, please see the Trust statement.

McNulty's comments on 12:29 - Jul 30 with 1808 viewskel

Ok, so if I appoint a proxy which way do I vote?
McNulty's comments on 12:52 - Jul 30 with 1713 viewselectricblue

McNulty's comments on 12:29 - Jul 30 by kel

That is solely down to you and nobody else....

It is a yes for the amendment of 49a i think(known as the Morris amendment) and allow the two directors to put their money into the club and using the ground as collateral..
Or
A simple no to the above..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

McNulty's comments on 12:54 - Jul 30 with 1707 views49thseason

McNulty's comments on 12:29 - Jul 30 by kel

Ask your proxy to make a decision for you? Are you opposed to the idea of suspending the clause (which requires a 75% agreement) to allow a loan to be made using the ground as collateral or not?
If you simply do not trust the Directors then you should vote no or abstain and demand that the board resigns and in doing so accept the consequences that may follow from that decision.
Personally I dont think we can ignore an asset that we can use to temporarily to shore up the accounts, I have no doubt the reasons behind this move are urgent and if there were other options they would have taken them, but thats my view, you seem to have a different view, so vote accordingly. I may well be wrong in my estimations , I will know more at the meeting.
I dont think the EGM will cover any other business so this is the only decision that needs to be made. Black or Red? Yes or No?
Login to get fewer ads

McNulty's comments on 12:57 - Jul 30 with 1695 viewskel

McNulty's comments on 12:54 - Jul 30 by 49thseason

Ask your proxy to make a decision for you? Are you opposed to the idea of suspending the clause (which requires a 75% agreement) to allow a loan to be made using the ground as collateral or not?
If you simply do not trust the Directors then you should vote no or abstain and demand that the board resigns and in doing so accept the consequences that may follow from that decision.
Personally I dont think we can ignore an asset that we can use to temporarily to shore up the accounts, I have no doubt the reasons behind this move are urgent and if there were other options they would have taken them, but thats my view, you seem to have a different view, so vote accordingly. I may well be wrong in my estimations , I will know more at the meeting.
I dont think the EGM will cover any other business so this is the only decision that needs to be made. Black or Red? Yes or No?

What if my proxy and I have a differing opinion if they might text me during the meeting? Until I know the full facts I won’t know which way to vote will I?

It’d be like deciding other people could start a fund raising scheme but offering fook all opinion on how volunteers should do it…
McNulty's comments on 12:59 - Jul 30 with 1686 views442Dale

And, again, your views on the Trust statement?

McNulty's comments on 13:04 - Jul 30 with 1665 viewsdawlishdale

The fans forum should be an opportunity for the new manager to outline his plans for the coming season and issue a rallying call to supporters.

It should certainly not be for the board to answer questions about the forthcoming EGM.

Its rank bad business sense by the directors.

Many shareholders live a fair distance from rochdale or can't attend a forum in midweek.

I'm amazed that our club is being so badly run and that the Trust hasn't called them out on it.
McNulty's comments on 13:05 - Jul 30 with 1660 viewsTalkingSutty

If you don't have prior information regarding the full financial situation then how can you form a educated opinion regarding which way to vote via proxy? The fact they seem reluctant to even engage with shareholders is suspicious enough, so as you rightly suggest a no vote is the obvious choice.
I still haven't received a email or correspondence regarding the EGM.
McNulty's comments on 13:12 - Jul 30 with 1612 viewsjudd

My initial instinct was to vote yes.

However, listening to fans (many as shareholders) yesterday and reading this message board, there are parallels with the previous boards attempts to remove shareholder rights, and its handling may very well have the club succumb to the Ratner effect.

Poll: What is it to be then?

McNulty's comments on 13:23 - Jul 30 with 1575 views442Dale

McNulty's comments on 13:04 - Jul 30 by dawlishdale

The fans forum should be an opportunity for the new manager to outline his plans for the coming season and issue a rallying call to supporters.

It should certainly not be for the board to answer questions about the forthcoming EGM.

Many shareholders live a fair distance from rochdale or can't attend a forum in midweek.

I'm amazed that our club is being so badly run and that the Trust hasn't called them out on it.

Certainly don’t disagree with your view that this isn’t what the forum should be for. It’s a position that’s been created by how badly the situation has been handled from the start that has led to supporters/shareholders having to identify a route where valid questions are answered ahead of any vote.

The calm, reasoned club-focused opinions being shared by fans on here and yesterday is something that has been, but can’t continue to be overlooked.

McNulty's comments on 13:25 - Jul 30 with 1565 viewssxdale

McNulty's comments on 13:05 - Jul 30 by TalkingSutty

If you don't have prior information regarding the full financial situation then how can you form a educated opinion regarding which way to vote via proxy? The fact they seem reluctant to even engage with shareholders is suspicious enough, so as you rightly suggest a no vote is the obvious choice.
I still haven't received a email or correspondence regarding the EGM.

Exactly this. As I posted on the egm thread, if we don't have the full financial details prior to the egm then how can we make an informed decision on which way to vote?
We don't know if this loan will make any difference to our financial position, we could be right back in this situation in 6 months time, then what? More loans taken out?
This is as serious a situation as the hostile takeover was for the future of our club. The silence from those presently running the club is deafening.
I will be unable to attend the egm living 200+ miles away so am I meant to just trust to luck and cross my fingers that everything will be ok?
McNulty's comments on 13:26 - Jul 30 with 1557 viewsHullDale

I believe staff members have been told that the board don't expect the EGM to last more than 30 minutes.

Thats not a lot of time to share a lot of detail, & then to hold a vote.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2023 13:47]
McNulty's comments on 13:45 - Jul 30 with 1482 viewselectricblue

That is a point why have the trust not called them out about it.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

McNulty's comments on 13:48 - Jul 30 with 1456 viewskel

I’m now at the stage that I agree. The trust are having their bellies tickled just like Forever bury did and look how that turned out.
McNulty's comments on 13:51 - Jul 30 with 1446 viewsSalwaDale

McNulty's comments on 13:12 - Jul 30 by judd

However, listening to fans (many as shareholders) yesterday and reading this message board, there are parallels with the previous boards attempts to remove shareholder rights, and its handling may very well have the club succumb to the Ratner effect.

Interesting. My initial opinion was to vote no but slowly and surely the fear that a no vote will kill the club very quickly means I'm slowly moving to yes. If only I had all of the facts available to make an informed decision.

TBBT

McNulty's comments on 13:53 - Jul 30 with 1433 viewspioneer

No, your first paragraph goes beyond what the shareholders have been told. The communication with shareholders (or at least with those who have received the e mail with the attached notice of EGM) is the precise wording of the special resolution. It is presented in (the required) legal wording that makes no mention of it requiring 75% approval for example.

I would have expected an additional statement to shareholders explaining what has led to this situation and what the boards position is on the special resolution. We are not been told who has proposed the special resolution.
McNulty's comments on 13:57 - Jul 30 with 1400 viewskel

McNulty's comments on 13:51 - Jul 30 by SalwaDale

Interesting. My initial opinion was to vote no but slowly and surely the fear that a no vote will kill the club very quickly means I'm slowly moving to yes. If only I had all of the facts available to make an informed decision.

I’ll be voting no until I hear anything to change my mind. If it doesn’t go the way the club want it to on the night and it does indeed kill the club then they’ll always be remembered as the ones that did it.

Might be being over dramatic but this is what we’re being forced into by people who refuse to communicate with us.
McNulty's comments on 14:01 - Jul 30 with 1371 viewsD_Alien

McNulty's comments on 13:48 - Jul 30 by kel

I’m now at the stage that I agree. The trust are having their bellies tickled just like Forever bury did and look how that turned out.

I see this as a natural consequence of having a Trust member on the BoD

It's when push really comes to shove that it starts to matter - and that's right now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

McNulty's comments on 14:12 - Jul 30 with 1327 viewsKnavesmireBob

McNulty's comments on 13:12 - Jul 30 by judd

Really helpful to read this from you. I wasn't there yesterday and being an occasional attending exile I tend to trust my instinct on issues like this, whilst also allowing a degree of influence from those who's opinion I respect a lot. Not trying to blow smoke but you're absolutely one of those and given you were one of the first to see through DRB your prior posts about the vote has had me thinking I've maybe got this one wrong in my mind. Not suggesting for one moment you're implying a personal change of voting intention, but all the same it's very helpful to read your post.
McNulty's comments on 14:12 - Jul 30 with 1326 viewskel

McNulty's comments on 14:01 - Jul 30 by D_Alien

I see this as a natural consequence of having a Trust member on the BoD

It's when push really comes to shove that it starts to matter - and that's right now

It’s a great shame as Murray is a lovely bloke who I reckon would be hurt by any criticism the board are getting. I don’t blame him in any way for this as he’s been hung out to dry by this set of arrogant dictators.

This lot will be the death of this club.
McNulty's comments on 14:14 - Jul 30 with 1306 viewsD_Alien

McNulty's comments on 14:12 - Jul 30 by kel

It’s a great shame as Murray is a lovely bloke who I reckon would be hurt by any criticism the board are getting. I don’t blame him in any way for this as he’s been hung out to dry by this set of arrogant dictators.

This lot will be the death of this club.

Absolutely - but it also hamstrings the Trust from being vocal when things need to be said

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024