Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Colback! 11:08 - Jul 31 with 30741 viewsDoudou87

Apparently GA's top target, close to agreeing terms!

Opinions.....?

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-looking-to-sign-midfielder-colback

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Jack Colback! on 20:57 - Jul 31 with 3759 viewsngbqpr

Jack Colback! on 20:38 - Jul 31 by DejR_vu

The other factor, of course, is that we’re not an attractive proposition. Everyone knows we have no money, a weak squad, limited manager and are a decent bet for relegation. Anyone with other options is probably not going to choose us. Hence, I’m guessing why we have to offer two years. If ours was a one year offer and other Championship clubs offered the same, why would he come here?

The whiff of Ramage and Perch about this one.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Jack Colback! on 21:07 - Jul 31 with 3648 viewsqprcmob

Jack Colback! on 20:38 - Jul 31 by DejR_vu

The other factor, of course, is that we’re not an attractive proposition. Everyone knows we have no money, a weak squad, limited manager and are a decent bet for relegation. Anyone with other options is probably not going to choose us. Hence, I’m guessing why we have to offer two years. If ours was a one year offer and other Championship clubs offered the same, why would he come here?

Sadly very true
Jack Colback! on 21:28 - Jul 31 with 3483 viewsQPR_Hibs

Jack Colback! on 20:57 - Jul 31 by ngbqpr

The whiff of Ramage and Perch about this one.

I'll give you perch but leave off Rambo Ramage (see my avatar.)

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

Jack Colback! on 21:29 - Jul 31 with 3472 viewsHoopsie

Supposedly beaten off West Brom, Birmingham and Ipswich for his signature- can’t be the money, nor the lure of a relegation dog fight, but maybe the longer term deal?

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Jack Colback! on 21:30 - Jul 31 with 3459 viewsPunteR

Jack Colback! on 21:28 - Jul 31 by QPR_Hibs

I'll give you perch but leave off Rambo Ramage (see my avatar.)

He is ginger though.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 21:30]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Jack Colback! on 22:13 - Jul 31 with 3209 viewsHunterhoop

It sounds like I’m in the minority here, but I think this is an excellent signing.

IMO, Colback has always been class at this level. There were no signs his legs had gone the other season (like Johansen at the start of the season almost two years ago!).

He knows this league inside out. He’s a mouthy, scrappy fella. We need that.

Him and Field in central midfield suddenly looks pretty decent. I’m surprised we can afford him, even at his age. If it’s a 2 year deal, so be it.

As Gazza says (on here!) we are in deep sh*t with this playing squad. He is a starting quality central midfielder. Get him in. We need to stay up this year.

He might bully some performances out of one or two others as well.
Jack Colback! on 22:20 - Jul 31 with 3163 viewsHayesender

Anyone know if he's been training with Forest pre-season, cause we're gonna need him up and running by Saturday?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Jack Colback! on 22:38 - Jul 31 with 3049 viewsnumptydumpty

Jack Colback! on 22:13 - Jul 31 by Hunterhoop

It sounds like I’m in the minority here, but I think this is an excellent signing.

IMO, Colback has always been class at this level. There were no signs his legs had gone the other season (like Johansen at the start of the season almost two years ago!).

Him and Field in central midfield suddenly looks pretty decent. I’m surprised we can afford him, even at his age. If it’s a 2 year deal, so be it.

As Gazza says (on here!) we are in deep sh*t with this playing squad. He is a starting quality central midfielder. Get him in. We need to stay up this year.

Totally agree with you Hunter.

A good signing I feel.

We are signing players that will keep us up, which although could be said to be the bare minimum requirement this season, then with FFP figures reducing for season after this, provided we remain in budget, totally ticks the right boxes for me.

I did call a few people plums for such strange disappointment of such signings and it was deemed inappropriate so all I will ask of others who disappointed with this signing, throw some names into the hat if you feel we could do better. Deluded probably a better description.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2023 22:44]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Colback! on 22:42 - Jul 31 with 3027 viewsted_hendrix

Not In the minority as far as I'm concerned, I've read the angst posts and haven't changed my mind.

I only see this as a good signing.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Jack Colback! on 22:48 - Jul 31 with 3004 viewsChrisNW6

What we have been lacking for a few years now. Hopefully will have an immediate impact like Steff did and be fit enough to start most games. If we get Steve Cook as well it will be a massive sticking plaster over a really weak squad.
Jack Colback! on 00:09 - Aug 1 with 2788 viewsNorthernr

I agree withy much of that but.... a two year contract. Which presumably they've needed to offer to get it over the line ahead of his other suitors. Possibly in a panic after what happened at Oxford.

So, already, you're eating into your FFP headroom this time next year with players you'll inevitably end up trying to pay off Johansen style.

Even if we do stay up, which I'd be amazed at this point, you're now committing your future FFP headroom, which you're meant to be using to progress, to crusty old pros you're bringing in now as stop gaps.

These people should be stop gaps, on one year deals, but they won't come on that, and we're desperate, so now you're starting to spend next summer's money...
Jack Colback! on 00:29 - Aug 1 with 2743 viewsPunteR

Jack Colback! on 00:09 - Aug 1 by Northernr

I agree withy much of that but.... a two year contract. Which presumably they've needed to offer to get it over the line ahead of his other suitors. Possibly in a panic after what happened at Oxford.

So, already, you're eating into your FFP headroom this time next year with players you'll inevitably end up trying to pay off Johansen style.

Even if we do stay up, which I'd be amazed at this point, you're now committing your future FFP headroom, which you're meant to be using to progress, to crusty old pros you're bringing in now as stop gaps.

These people should be stop gaps, on one year deals, but they won't come on that, and we're desperate, so now you're starting to spend next summer's money...

You're thinking way too long term.

He might be a decent signing this season, who knows? Personally I just think he's not going to make the impact we all hope he does. We could stick Messi in there and I think we'll struggle.
How many times have we got these old pros in recently and its not really made much difference to the outcome.?
We havnt even signed him yet so not really worth too much analysis yet.
All a bit QPR innit.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Jack Colback! on 03:38 - Aug 1 with 2602 viewsLazyFan

I suspect merely guessing its at 2 years but ... there is break cause if we get relegated.
If he keeps us up, fair enough.

I think we all know now, that with the many injuries we have/shall get, poor squad, even if we loaned Mbappe up front we shall up against it. And as we won't be doing that we shall probably be relegated.

Also, any such saviour loan won't come in until everyone else has taken their pickings as we have no money for even special large loans.

It will be last day of the window after we have last 6-7 games already. Which means whoever we loan from will know we are desperate and pick our pocket.

Thats why Tim is not coming back, Villa want more than last year and they will get it from some other club.

If we are gonna loan a forward, then any monies left it has to be done now before the prices inflate at the end of next month!

Just guessing with nothing in the know!

zzzzzzzzzz

Jack Colback! on 03:39 - Aug 1 with 2602 viewsHoopsie

Problem with johansen and Austin is that they weren’t fit nor could they last after a year

Poll: Isaac Hayden - Yes or No?

Jack Colback! on 03:52 - Aug 1 with 2595 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I'm with you on this one and don't understand the general apathy. He's always impressed at this level and, if it happens, will add some much needed bite in midfield. As much as I like Field, he is a bit too nice and would benefit from an enforcer alongside him. It could be a decent combination. If Gareth can add a Clint Hill type in central defence then the team will have a decent spine, something that's been missing for quite a while.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 3:52]
Jack Colback! on 05:22 - Aug 1 with 2530 viewsHunterhoop

Jack Colback! on 00:09 - Aug 1 by Northernr

It’s one player though, Clive. An almost 34 year old. For 1 year’s impact (after this year, in that headroom you’re talking about). If he’s fitting within our FFP headroom this year, he’s not going to be impacting that headroom much next year, is?! Not unless he has a much bigger salary in year 2 of his deal, which would be unusual.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he has a survival bonus paid post 31st June in next season’s FFP headroom.

Either way, the headroom grows substantially next season. One player of this ilk will not eat into that headroom much.

And the headroom is irrelevant if we don’t stay up. Doesn’t matter in League 1. We have to stay up this year for this to matter.

If we can get Steve Cook in too, I would. Assuming they can’t get Forino.

Remember you need some experienced pros, who have played at a decent level to help the development of some of the younger ones. Colback might improve Dozzell or not let Willock/Richards get away with not trying. Cook might bring on Dunne.

Sometimes a couple of players like this can actually improve or help create sellable assets of your younger players.
Jack Colback! on 05:48 - Aug 1 with 2498 viewsBklynRanger

And as far as next year's headroom goes, that squad as-is is clearly not going to make it through the season. We need to have a semblance of a chance of staying up and it's at least one midfielder of Colback's ilk short, and at least one CB short.

Ideally we would have got in someone a lot younger of course, but I don't think they can risk hanging on trying to make that happen, especially when those one or two sales still aren't there that could have helped. (That's ignoring any recruitment failings at this point.)

We're better off going into next season with 15 or 20% less headroom (total guess on numbers) having given ourselves a bit of a chance to stay up than all of it having had none.
Jack Colback! on 07:04 - Aug 1 with 2373 viewswestberksr

he's a horrible narky little farker, always detested him when he played against us........

exactly what this team of non communicative work shy bottle jobs needs.

even if he's running at 80% of what he was 2 years ago he's still a massive improvement over what our potential starter midfielder is. Also someone to share the graft with Field, who without some support could be broken within weeks trying to carry this shambles of a team

not long term, but we have to contend with not sinking into an abyss before we worry about developing lower talent (especially if we cant afford to buy any of them)
Jack Colback! on 07:26 - Aug 1 with 2305 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Jack Colback! on 03:39 - Aug 1 by Hoopsie

Problem with johansen and Austin is that they weren’t fit nor could they last after a year

What about Albert? How do you know Colback (or for that matter Bergovic) is fit and will play regularly? He's 34 and has barely played for a year. Notwithstanding that he has been a decent player at this level, as Northern says, it's just yet another example of the failure to implement our 'strategy' properly; a development club develops players - Brentford selling Raya for £40m while we repeatedly hand two-year contracts to thirtysomething players with no sell-on value because the young players we do sign (Dozzell) or bring through (Kakay) aren't good enough.
Jack Colback! on 07:47 - Aug 1 with 2219 viewsDejR_vu

Jack Colback! on 07:26 - Aug 1 by Wegerles_Stairs

What about Albert? How do you know Colback (or for that matter Bergovic) is fit and will play regularly? He's 34 and has barely played for a year. Notwithstanding that he has been a decent player at this level, as Northern says, it's just yet another example of the failure to implement our 'strategy' properly; a development club develops players - Brentford selling Raya for £40m while we repeatedly hand two-year contracts to thirtysomething players with no sell-on value because the young players we do sign (Dozzell) or bring through (Kakay) aren't good enough.

Totally agree it’s an indictment on the people at the club who have run us into the ground to the extent that we have to do this. But, it’s the reality they’ve created. I’m sure if we had someone at the club capable of digging us out of this monumental hole in a more sustainable way we would go that way, but we clearly don’t.

edit: and to add, I think this myth that we were ever a development club can finally be laid to rest. We dropped lucky with one player. Apart from that we sold a few for a bit of a profit, and flushed way more than that down the toilet on a load of other cr@p. We weren’t a development club in the ‘good’ times, it was just part of the propaganda, there’s absolutely no reason for us to continue to pretend we’re one when our backs are firmly up against the wall. We need to do whatever is necessary to survive this season and hope that, finally, the owners, just for once, don’t totally fvck it up yet again.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 8:15]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Jack Colback! on 07:56 - Aug 1 with 2170 viewsdistortR

Jack Colback! on 05:48 - Aug 1 by BklynRanger

And as far as next year's headroom goes, that squad as-is is clearly not going to make it through the season. We need to have a semblance of a chance of staying up and it's at least one midfielder of Colback's ilk short, and at least one CB short.

Ideally we would have got in someone a lot younger of course, but I don't think they can risk hanging on trying to make that happen, especially when those one or two sales still aren't there that could have helped. (That's ignoring any recruitment failings at this point.)

We're better off going into next season with 15 or 20% less headroom (total guess on numbers) having given ourselves a bit of a chance to stay up than all of it having had none.

I agree, but one of the reasons we're in this shit (Conveniently forgetting youth development and recent transfer dealings), is because we spent today's money yesterday.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2023 8:03]
Jack Colback! on 07:58 - Aug 1 with 2155 viewssparkey

Jack Colback! on 08:07 - Aug 1 with 2072 viewsDejR_vu

Jack Colback! on 07:58 - Aug 1 by sparkey

The medical staff obviously think he’s fit, we have the option for a third year👀

That popping noise is the sound of QPR supporters around the capital exploding

Jack Colback! on 08:10 - Aug 1 with 2043 viewsRs_Holy

Jack Colback! on 08:07 - Aug 1 by DejR_vu

The medical staff obviously think he’s fit, we have the option for a third year👀

That popping noise is the sound of QPR supporters around the capital exploding

welcome aboard Jack... and good luck mate!
Jack Colback! on 08:16 - Aug 1 with 1987 viewsDejR_vu

Jack Colback! on 08:10 - Aug 1 by Rs_Holy

welcome aboard Jack... and good luck mate!

Agreed. Under the circumstances, if he can stay fit, he could be a great signing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024