Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread 22:52 - Aug 17 with 17929 viewsHullDale

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 13:45 - Aug 20 with 3082 viewsmikehunt

Yes. The first thing McDermot did was get stuck in to try to rob the ball off a couple of players. I said to a mate that he was carrying on where Gilmour had left off.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 17:27 - Aug 20 with 2715 views49thseason

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 07:32 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

Unless Rodney goes, it’s doubtful we will be bringing in another striker and nor should we be doing in our current financial position. Unless it’s a young player loanee who we will contribute very little of his wages, it’s not a move we should be looking at.

The actions of other clubs who would continue to build squads whilst it was obvious they couldn’t afford it is something that has been rightly criticised in the past. Until it’s made crystal clear there would be no longer term impact on the club’s future, we have to stick to our budget. Maybe even reduce it.

Also, we have to allow Mitchell to develop in that role. He obviously has the attributes and needs to be allowed to see how he can get better. Two goals in four games isn’t bad either. The option to play Sinclair/Uchegbulum centrally as well as Henderson and Rodney means a move for anyone else really can’t be justified at the moment. Especially when we can only choose five subs.

If anyone leaves,especially for cash money, you would imagine that the MRKT system will identify a number of potential replacements. I envisage them having a big spreadsheet with 4 or 5 possible players for each position each based on the requirements McNulty has given. This scenario is far better than starting the search from scratch every time we lose a player to another club. Hence the arrival of East and McDermott so soon after Ball and the lad from Stockport left. If this approach is being continually amended and updated, we will know what the next steps are before we need to take them....It is a huge step forward for a club of our size and resources, and the more it identifies players that " fit" the better we will become, with better sell-ons and less wastage. A virtuous cycle... see Brighton for details!
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 17:46 - Aug 20 with 2653 viewsD_Alien

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 17:27 - Aug 20 by 49thseason

If anyone leaves,especially for cash money, you would imagine that the MRKT system will identify a number of potential replacements. I envisage them having a big spreadsheet with 4 or 5 possible players for each position each based on the requirements McNulty has given. This scenario is far better than starting the search from scratch every time we lose a player to another club. Hence the arrival of East and McDermott so soon after Ball and the lad from Stockport left. If this approach is being continually amended and updated, we will know what the next steps are before we need to take them....It is a huge step forward for a club of our size and resources, and the more it identifies players that " fit" the better we will become, with better sell-ons and less wastage. A virtuous cycle... see Brighton for details!

I must admit, i'm coming round to the idea

I was a huge sceptic at first, wondering if the board were throwing money we didn't have at something their successive appointments had failed at, and at great cost. In addition, their choice of manager seemed to require compliance with this system of identifying players which had BJ written all over it rather than someone demanding independence

Nothing is definitive as yet, we're a work in the early stages of progress, but i'm just a bit more inclined to take a more optimistic view based on what we're seeing so far

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 21:09 - Aug 20 with 2368 viewsShun

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 07:32 - Aug 20 by 442Dale

Unless Rodney goes, it’s doubtful we will be bringing in another striker and nor should we be doing in our current financial position. Unless it’s a young player loanee who we will contribute very little of his wages, it’s not a move we should be looking at.

The actions of other clubs who would continue to build squads whilst it was obvious they couldn’t afford it is something that has been rightly criticised in the past. Until it’s made crystal clear there would be no longer term impact on the club’s future, we have to stick to our budget. Maybe even reduce it.

Also, we have to allow Mitchell to develop in that role. He obviously has the attributes and needs to be allowed to see how he can get better. Two goals in four games isn’t bad either. The option to play Sinclair/Uchegbulum centrally as well as Henderson and Rodney means a move for anyone else really can’t be justified at the moment. Especially when we can only choose five subs.

The five subs thing is a real disappointment for me. I fully understand it, with the smaller squad sizes in this league, but I do wonder how much hindrance it will mean for the careers of Oscar Kelly, Dos Santos et al.
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 21:33 - Aug 20 with 2296 viewsmikehunt

Hmm. I hadn’t considered that. And no “tinpot” cup games for us to rotate fringe players will make their inclusion even harder.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2023 8:21]

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 22:08 - Aug 20 with 2198 viewsD_Alien

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 21:09 - Aug 20 by Shun

The five subs thing is a real disappointment for me. I fully understand it, with the smaller squad sizes in this league, but I do wonder how much hindrance it will mean for the careers of Oscar Kelly, Dos Santos et al.

On a completely different subject, did you enjoy KJT's performance today? She used to be your avatar!

[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 22:09]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 23:34 - Aug 20 with 2070 viewsShun

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 22:08 - Aug 20 by D_Alien

On a completely different subject, did you enjoy KJT's performance today? She used to be your avatar!

[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 22:09]

She did, I remember it well! And she did brilliantly!
Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 11:06 - Aug 21 with 1653 viewsDaleiLama

I'd forgotten that Spotland can be a happy place.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 18:41 - Aug 26 with 1001 viewsDaleiLama

Eastleigh (H) Match Thread on 11:06 - Aug 21 by DaleiLama

I'd forgotten that Spotland can be a happy place.

Not for Lee Bradbury. Sacked after losing to Dale then Southend

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024