Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting 17:17 - Oct 14 with 14627 views442Dale

With a potentially crucial revenue stream now not able to be exploited, planning for possible future scenarios takes on even more importance as time continues to tick by. For reference, again, supporters showed real interest at the fans meeting with the Trust on the 25th August in looking at what role we can all play, and a further meeting was requested that evening with it being stressed how important it was to not let too much time pass - before the Halifax and Barnet games were two suggestions (the 2nd and 16th of September).

Last Sunday the following was posted on this messageboard:
Specific details about the opportunities for volunteers are due to be released by the end of this week.

On the other subjects raised in this thread it is crucial the fans meeting the Trust have planned is confirmed as soon as possible. The lack of clarity around our current situation is becoming an obvious problem.
The importance of this fans meeting was established in the Trust newsletter released at the start of October:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/20

<<“ We have a fans meeting planned for later this month. It is currently booked in for the morning of the Oldham game. However, given the issues that we faced when we held a meeting ahead of the Bromley game, we are looking at what will be the best way of hosting that event. It is important that such a meeting is held ahead of our meeting with the Directors a few days later, but with a larger crowd expected for this game, it may be counter productive. We will update members sooner rather than later with respect to this.”>>

So, since that post on the 8th and then noting that the newsletter came out at the start of the month, has anyone heard anything about the already scheduled fans meeting? Especially as we were expecting to hear “sooner rather than later”. Or any updates from the volunteer meeting for that matter.

Results should never impact delaying achievable work on the future of the football club, whether it’s when we were winning, or even today. But everyone knows how going out of the cup will be a definite financial blow.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2023 17:19]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 16:47 - Oct 17 with 3141 viewsmikehunt

Them are Henrys and always will be.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 18:06 - Oct 17 with 3011 viewsblackdogblue

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 16:47 - Oct 17 by mikehunt

Them are Henrys and always will be.

I understand equal rights & Henryetta…

But is James a Tranny or a Jedi Knoght 🤷‍♂️😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 18:07 - Oct 17 with 3009 viewsJames1980

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 18:06 - Oct 17 by blackdogblue

I understand equal rights & Henryetta…

But is James a Tranny or a Jedi Knoght 🤷‍♂️😀

He's the red engine 😀

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 18:14 - Oct 17 with 3007 viewsDale_4_Life

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 13:51 - Oct 17 by Dalenet

We shouldn't be losing money so heavily if we have cut our cloth for this division. What is the wages budget - £1.5m? Add £500k to run the stadium and another £500k for marketing/administration and the likes. We shouldn't be spending more than £2.5m - about half what we were spending 4 years ago. The shareholders haven't been told - all we know is that two directors needed to throw more cash into the mix. With sponsorship, the parachute money, matchday income and a little bit of TV cash we should be close to break even. I wonder whether we really have cut the playing budget to £1.5m?

I have heard we are still losing money weekly and i am not surprised.

A forensic examination of the balance sheet is needed now and the cuts however deep and however painful need to happen quickly to reverse this trend. Look at the buckets dancing on the pitch at Tranmere 10 million in debt and never kicked another football since. Fair enough a phoenix has started and doing reasonably ok after a 4/5 year absence.

I think we are top heavy with non playing staff did anybody see BBC Northwest last night? Barrow seen to have addressed this with minimal / skeleton paid staff and a highly appreciated army of volunteers.

Unless there is an investor (Unlikely) or a wave of coming together its the most down I have ever felt regarding Dale and the future. We should be able to pull through this but a clear action plan with timescales needs to be drafted by the board and the trust working together. This needs to be shared with all the fans at the earliest possible opportunity.

Saturday is a bumper pay day but regrettably its a financial sticking plaster not the short mid or long term solution. Every Dale fan should be very concerned.
No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 18:20 - Oct 17 with 2998 viewsJames1980

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 18:14 - Oct 17 by Dale_4_Life

A forensic examination of the balance sheet is needed now and the cuts however deep and however painful need to happen quickly to reverse this trend. Look at the buckets dancing on the pitch at Tranmere 10 million in debt and never kicked another football since. Fair enough a phoenix has started and doing reasonably ok after a 4/5 year absence.

I think we are top heavy with non playing staff did anybody see BBC Northwest last night? Barrow seen to have addressed this with minimal / skeleton paid staff and a highly appreciated army of volunteers.

Unless there is an investor (Unlikely) or a wave of coming together its the most down I have ever felt regarding Dale and the future. We should be able to pull through this but a clear action plan with timescales needs to be drafted by the board and the trust working together. This needs to be shared with all the fans at the earliest possible opportunity.

Saturday is a bumper pay day but regrettably its a financial sticking plaster not the short mid or long term solution. Every Dale fan should be very concerned.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/302106/buy-a-plaque-for-th Buying a plaque might help plug the hole for a little bit longer.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 18:50 - Oct 17 with 2958 viewsjudd

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 18:14 - Oct 17 by Dale_4_Life

Where or from whom did you hear this please?

Poll: What is it to be then?

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 19:07 - Oct 17 with 2917 viewswatford_dale

And it is only going to get worse - the electricity bill alone will be stroke inducing. Need to move all kick offs in NL to 1 p.m. save on floodlights. The drop off in attendances will be more acute with high prices and poor football coupled with xmas coming up - you have to play attractive stuff to get them through the gates and this, unfortunately, ain't that.

Administration could be a distinct possibility this year.

It, unfortunately, looks like a business for Jim. Where's the fire?
No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 19:21 - Oct 17 with 2902 viewsblackdogblue

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 19:07 - Oct 17 by watford_dale

And it is only going to get worse - the electricity bill alone will be stroke inducing. Need to move all kick offs in NL to 1 p.m. save on floodlights. The drop off in attendances will be more acute with high prices and poor football coupled with xmas coming up - you have to play attractive stuff to get them through the gates and this, unfortunately, ain't that.

With “Wars” breaking out on 2 fronts now.. Russia & Terrorists in Gaza whom Iran seem to back so.. Russia, Iran & rocket man in North Korea… only need China now & the world is doomed anyway… “East vs West” …

We might be all doomed soon..

But back on topic… Middle Eastern oil will be the next thing to spiral out of control putting electricity & heating costs up…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 21:45 - Oct 17 with 2789 viewsDalenet

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 19:07 - Oct 17 by watford_dale

The electricity bill was set 12 months ago when the Board rather stupidly agreed a 2 year fix. This despite brokers saying only lock in for 1 year. But it means that our bill won't increase. But the majority of brokers were right - I have just done a deal on an electcity bill that cost £150,000 last year and we have a new deal that is 55% down on that starting 1st October. Super pleased we listened to our broker and only fixed for 12 months. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the club could be £100k better off this next 12 months if they hadn't taken a 2 year deal.
No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 21:48 - Oct 17 with 2788 viewsjudd

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 21:45 - Oct 17 by Dalenet

The electricity bill was set 12 months ago when the Board rather stupidly agreed a 2 year fix. This despite brokers saying only lock in for 1 year. But it means that our bill won't increase. But the majority of brokers were right - I have just done a deal on an electcity bill that cost £150,000 last year and we have a new deal that is 55% down on that starting 1st October. Super pleased we listened to our broker and only fixed for 12 months. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the club could be £100k better off this next 12 months if they hadn't taken a 2 year deal.

We had the best professional advice, I seem to remember.

That one is a real fooker.

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 22:01 - Oct 17 with 2758 viewsDalenet

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 21:48 - Oct 17 by judd

We had the best professional advice, I seem to remember.

That one is a real fooker.

Aye they did say that - I think many of us were shocked at the time. Even more silly when you hear that we have renewed with Ecotricty - the guy that owns Forest Green Rovers. Surely he could help clubs with electrcity tariffs. And to keep us, as well as a 55% reduction last month they even gave us a rebate on some of our July-September invoice as a good will gesture. Wasn't needed, but gratefully received.

If I was the Board I would investigate what it would cost to break my current deal and see what else was out there - approaching Dale Vince wouldn't be a bad idea.
No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 20:36 - Oct 18 with 2420 viewsA_Newby

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 22:01 - Oct 17 by Dalenet

Aye they did say that - I think many of us were shocked at the time. Even more silly when you hear that we have renewed with Ecotricty - the guy that owns Forest Green Rovers. Surely he could help clubs with electrcity tariffs. And to keep us, as well as a 55% reduction last month they even gave us a rebate on some of our July-September invoice as a good will gesture. Wasn't needed, but gratefully received.

If I was the Board I would investigate what it would cost to break my current deal and see what else was out there - approaching Dale Vince wouldn't be a bad idea.

Dalenet,

Agree with your suggestion about the board reviewing the energy contacts but would change the order.

1. Look at what alternative electricity price deals are available.
2. If much better than the current deal, see how much it would cost to get out of the current deal.

In your post you said your organisation got a 55% reduction in price from £150,000 a year.

Would you mind giving your prices in terms of unit energy prices i.e. in £ per kilowatt hour, I will try to find out the club’s unit prices for comparison.

On another point the club agreed a three-year fixed price deal (not two) which started in October / November 2022 so there are still two years left to go on the current deal so the potential savings could be nearer £200k.
No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 21:20 - Oct 18 with 2348 views442Dale

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 20:36 - Oct 18 by A_Newby

Dalenet,

Agree with your suggestion about the board reviewing the energy contacts but would change the order.

2. If much better than the current deal, see how much it would cost to get out of the current deal.

In your post you said your organisation got a 55% reduction in price from £150,000 a year.

Would you mind giving your prices in terms of unit energy prices i.e. in £ per kilowatt hour, I will try to find out the club’s unit prices for comparison.

On another point the club agreed a three-year fixed price deal (not two) which started in October / November 2022 so there are still two years left to go on the current deal so the potential savings could be nearer £200k.

How would anyone find out the club’s unit prices?!

Also, I know it’s been mentioned on here before, but where was the energy contract mentioned? If it was at the forum, could someone give the timings on the YouTube video for reference?

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 22:45 - Oct 18 with 2224 viewsA_Newby

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 21:20 - Oct 18 by 442Dale

How would anyone find out the club’s unit prices?!

Also, I know it’s been mentioned on here before, but where was the energy contract mentioned? If it was at the forum, could someone give the timings on the YouTube video for reference?

“How would anyone find out the club’s unit prices?!”

I’d ask and see if I get an answer. I think it would be a good idea to give the club a price that another business is paying for a comparison hence my question to Dalenet.

With regards to the energy contract, it is outlined by Tony Pockney on the fans’ forum video, the timing was just after 1 hour 49 minutes.

The length of the contract as outlined at the fans’ forum seemed to me to be vague, so I asked via the trust board representative for some clarification. I received an email reply from Tony Pockney.

This is how I know the length of the contract for the main stadium was for three years starting at the end of October 2022.
No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 23:01 - Oct 18 with 2211 viewsDalenet

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 20:36 - Oct 18 by A_Newby

Dalenet,

I have sent you a message
No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 23:05 - Oct 18 with 2208 views442Dale

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 22:45 - Oct 18 by A_Newby

I’d ask and see if I get an answer. I think it would be a good idea to give the club a price that another business is paying for a comparison hence my question to Dalenet.

With regards to the energy contract, it is outlined by Tony Pockney on the fans’ forum video, the timing was just after 1 hour 49 minutes.

The length of the contract as outlined at the fans’ forum seemed to me to be vague, so I asked via the trust board representative for some clarification. I received an email reply from Tony Pockney.

This is how I know the length of the contract for the main stadium was for three years starting at the end of October 2022.

Thanks for the info.

Good to see that utilising the Trust route enables details to be established.

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 23:21 - Oct 18 with 2172 viewsA_Newby

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 23:01 - Oct 18 by Dalenet

I have sent you a message

Thanks.
No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 12:25 - Oct 19 with 1887 viewsjudd

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 22:45 - Oct 18 by A_Newby

According to this site, https://www.businesselectricityprices.org.uk/, business electricity prices are around a third of October 2022 levels. 64% reduction.

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 07:48 - Oct 21 with 1594 viewsTalkingSutty

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 22:39 - Oct 15 by RAFCBLUE

Surely, in those circumstances being described, to deliver success our Trust has to reach a much bigger/majority shareholding either via buying some more shares or asking fans who own shares already to donate them to the Trust?

Hereford are 50% owned by their Supporters Trust:
https://www.hust.org.uk/

Exeter City's Supporters Trust own 53.6% of Exeter City.
https://www.weownexetercityfc.co.uk/

Newport County's fans saved their club with a majority ownership and most have now voted a former Premier League Chairman in Huw Jenkins in to join them.
https://www.ncafctrust.org/join/

Could our Trust play a similar role? The shares that exist are all there and everyone who owns them is a fan of the club.

Donating shares to the Trust would have been a great idea if we had decided to go ahead with the original plan of being a fan owned and fan run club. Unfortunately those in the Boardroom decided they didn't want to do that and thought bringing in unknown outside investors was a better plan. Since then the club has very quickly regressed, we've lost our league status and are now staring into the abyss. It's happened very quickly under a Chairman and Boardroom that isn't fit for purpose and treats the shareholders and fans as a insignificance. We need a new Chairman, we've needed one for ages.

The fact there are now so many shareholders, and let's remember it was Simon Gauge himself who encouraged everybody to dig deep, will probably act as a deterent to anybody who is thinking of investing in the club. I
personally see that as a good thing so would be opposed to fans donating their shares to the Trust at this time.
If a investor is serious about looking after our club and is in it for the long term then he/ she would view the large number of shareholders ( fan investment) as a massive positive in relation to all working together for the good of the club. That's the type of investor that we want. The investors who are in it for themselves wont want 500 shareholders putting their beaks in..thats why Simon is struggling to off load the club. He can't complain about that though because it would be hypocritical, he requested as many fans as possible to invest in the club in order to protect it.

Unfortunately times running out and the type of investor we will probably end up with now will be one that waits for us to go into administration before they reveal their hand. So its been a disaster from start to finish and makes a mockery of what purports to be a fan owned club. The Trust have provided no leadership or direction and seem comatosed by the whole situation, Simon's cast a spell on them at a time when their priority should be what the club needs and not Simon. Everything the Trust representitives do should be geared towards what's best for the club going forward and they are answerable to their members, not the Chairman. I'm assuming that Simon Gauge is aware of that? The club's been allowed to drift for too long and there should have been intervention from the Trust/ Shareholders/ fans a long time ago. The Chairman and Directors are answerable to the shareholders,and the Trust are a major shareholder..that seems to have been forgotten along the way.

Wouldn't it have been much simpler to have all worked as one from the very beginning and got the club firing on all cylinders as a proper fan owned club, engage the Town etc. The fixation on outside investors and those in the Boardroom recouping their outlay has meant that the club was never given a chance to prove that it could run in a sustainable manner, there was never the collective will or the desire, certainly no desire to engage with shareholders and fans. In the words of the song..'its a sad sad situation'..and it's only going to get worse.

I know that plenty of fans have asked questions, spoke with the Chairman, Directors, Trust, sent in emails etc but it's been all to no avail and personally i'm at the point where i've exhausted my repertoire of questions, i can't think of anything else to say..which is very unusual for me🙂. Unless there is a collective will, and it has to be driven by the Trust, i honestly think we are on the brink of losing the club. The silence from shareholders and fans and even people on this forum is disappointing, collectively the lot of us need a rocket up our arses and we need to get hold of our club and i include the Trust in that. Maybe use this mornings meeting to call a EGM rather than harvest questions for the Directors and as a Trust/ shareholders/ fans let's try to save the bloody club!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 9:10]
No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 10:36 - Oct 21 with 1379 viewsD_Alien

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 07:48 - Oct 21 by TalkingSutty

Donating shares to the Trust would have been a great idea if we had decided to go ahead with the original plan of being a fan owned and fan run club. Unfortunately those in the Boardroom decided they didn't want to do that and thought bringing in unknown outside investors was a better plan. Since then the club has very quickly regressed, we've lost our league status and are now staring into the abyss. It's happened very quickly under a Chairman and Boardroom that isn't fit for purpose and treats the shareholders and fans as a insignificance. We need a new Chairman, we've needed one for ages.

The fact there are now so many shareholders, and let's remember it was Simon Gauge himself who encouraged everybody to dig deep, will probably act as a deterent to anybody who is thinking of investing in the club. I
personally see that as a good thing so would be opposed to fans donating their shares to the Trust at this time.
If a investor is serious about looking after our club and is in it for the long term then he/ she would view the large number of shareholders ( fan investment) as a massive positive in relation to all working together for the good of the club. That's the type of investor that we want. The investors who are in it for themselves wont want 500 shareholders putting their beaks in..thats why Simon is struggling to off load the club. He can't complain about that though because it would be hypocritical, he requested as many fans as possible to invest in the club in order to protect it.

Unfortunately times running out and the type of investor we will probably end up with now will be one that waits for us to go into administration before they reveal their hand. So its been a disaster from start to finish and makes a mockery of what purports to be a fan owned club. The Trust have provided no leadership or direction and seem comatosed by the whole situation, Simon's cast a spell on them at a time when their priority should be what the club needs and not Simon. Everything the Trust representitives do should be geared towards what's best for the club going forward and they are answerable to their members, not the Chairman. I'm assuming that Simon Gauge is aware of that? The club's been allowed to drift for too long and there should have been intervention from the Trust/ Shareholders/ fans a long time ago. The Chairman and Directors are answerable to the shareholders,and the Trust are a major shareholder..that seems to have been forgotten along the way.

Wouldn't it have been much simpler to have all worked as one from the very beginning and got the club firing on all cylinders as a proper fan owned club, engage the Town etc. The fixation on outside investors and those in the Boardroom recouping their outlay has meant that the club was never given a chance to prove that it could run in a sustainable manner, there was never the collective will or the desire, certainly no desire to engage with shareholders and fans. In the words of the song..'its a sad sad situation'..and it's only going to get worse.

I know that plenty of fans have asked questions, spoke with the Chairman, Directors, Trust, sent in emails etc but it's been all to no avail and personally i'm at the point where i've exhausted my repertoire of questions, i can't think of anything else to say..which is very unusual for me🙂. Unless there is a collective will, and it has to be driven by the Trust, i honestly think we are on the brink of losing the club. The silence from shareholders and fans and even people on this forum is disappointing, collectively the lot of us need a rocket up our arses and we need to get hold of our club and i include the Trust in that. Maybe use this mornings meeting to call a EGM rather than harvest questions for the Directors and as a Trust/ shareholders/ fans let's try to save the bloody club!
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 9:10]

Just to clarify: my question isn't for the Directors, it's for the Trust, asking whether - in the event of the Trust not getting a satisfactory response to its meeting with the Directors on 26 October - a vote will be taken of Trust members to determine whether the Trust rep should continue on the Dale board or should be pulled, to regain full Trust independence

That would be the essential first step to all of that which you're advocating

Failure to gain a satisfactory outcome on 26 Oct and then to do nothing would indeed be a massive fail by the Trust, but i see this as perhaps the last chance to change things
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 10:43]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 10:48 - Oct 21 with 1342 viewsTalkingSutty

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 10:36 - Oct 21 by D_Alien

Just to clarify: my question isn't for the Directors, it's for the Trust, asking whether - in the event of the Trust not getting a satisfactory response to its meeting with the Directors on 26 October - a vote will be taken of Trust members to determine whether the Trust rep should continue on the Dale board or should be pulled, to regain full Trust independence

Failure to gain a satisfactory outcome on 26 Oct and then to do nothing would indeed be a massive fail by the Trust, but i see this as perhaps the last chance to change things

Sorry, I'm not being pedantic but what do you mean in respect of a satisfactory response? Is that in relation to a specific question that will be posed, or in relation to the MOU in regards to the Trust Director? If the response isn't satisfactory can we be confident that it will be reported back as such? Would it be possible for the Trust to invite somebody such as yourself or 442 to attend that meeting as a Trust member? As a fan owned club that should be possible and something that the trust and those in the Boardroom should welcome.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 10:50]
No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 11:41 - Oct 21 with 1256 viewsD_Alien

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 10:48 - Oct 21 by TalkingSutty

Sorry, I'm not being pedantic but what do you mean in respect of a satisfactory response? Is that in relation to a specific question that will be posed, or in relation to the MOU in regards to the Trust Director? If the response isn't satisfactory can we be confident that it will be reported back as such? Would it be possible for the Trust to invite somebody such as yourself or 442 to attend that meeting as a Trust member? As a fan owned club that should be possible and something that the trust and those in the Boardroom should welcome.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 10:50]

I don't see that as pedantic - it gets to the very heart of the matter

The simple answer is: the Trust must have an awareness of what they wish to get out of the meeting. Do they come away feeling that's been achieved, or not; and how engaged are the Directors in seeking to meet the Trust as a significant shareholder, representing its members and who'll still be here when ownership dust has settled

I accept that's not a concrete outcome (no "building houses on the ground" puns please)
[Post edited 21 Oct 2023 12:00]

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 12:49 - Oct 21 with 1156 viewsRAFCBLUE

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 10:36 - Oct 21 by D_Alien

Surely such a resolution (if proposed) would need to be put to all Trust members and achieve a majority?

I fail to see how no Trust representation on the Board is a positive thing, particularly when the Trust alone owns c. 15% of the club. Without a Trust member on the Board there might be independence but supporters have no voice in the Boardroom.

Getting Board representation was something that took until the events of Summer of 2021 to achieve with various prior Boards having no desire for supporter involvement.

Looking forward to reading the full report of the meeting today and hopefully very well attended on the day of a bumper crowd.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 13:20 - Oct 21 with 1100 viewsD_Alien

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 12:49 - Oct 21 by RAFCBLUE

Surely such a resolution (if proposed) would need to be put to all Trust members and achieve a majority?

I fail to see how no Trust representation on the Board is a positive thing, particularly when the Trust alone owns c. 15% of the club. Without a Trust member on the Board there might be independence but supporters have no voice in the Boardroom.

Getting Board representation was something that took until the events of Summer of 2021 to achieve with various prior Boards having no desire for supporter involvement.

Looking forward to reading the full report of the meeting today and hopefully very well attended on the day of a bumper crowd.

Oh, it'd be far from a "positive" thing for the Trust to withdraw its Board rep, but "having a voice" and having the blindest bit of notice taken are two different things

The intervention on behalf of problems individual fans have experienced might be seen as a benefit - but i think of it this way: if we had a Board that had fans interests at heart, why would it need someone to intervene on behalf of a fan on an issue that'd cropped up? Surely any Board worthy of its fans would want to help put things right where they'd gone wrong? That's in no way to minimise the work Murray has done on members/fans behalf - just that if you really think about it, why should it be necessary?

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 14:09 - Oct 21 with 1022 viewsRAFCBLUE

No cup run money / Dale Trust supporters meeting on 13:20 - Oct 21 by D_Alien

Oh, it'd be far from a "positive" thing for the Trust to withdraw its Board rep, but "having a voice" and having the blindest bit of notice taken are two different things

The intervention on behalf of problems individual fans have experienced might be seen as a benefit - but i think of it this way: if we had a Board that had fans interests at heart, why would it need someone to intervene on behalf of a fan on an issue that'd cropped up? Surely any Board worthy of its fans would want to help put things right where they'd gone wrong? That's in no way to minimise the work Murray has done on members/fans behalf - just that if you really think about it, why should it be necessary?

It’s a fair point DA, but don’t shareholders propose, appoint and remove Directors to a Board of Directors?

Your question “If we had a Board….” doesn’t reflect that with c 15% of shares, the Trust is already a powerful block of votes for deciding the composition and direction of the Boardroom.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024