Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
vs Gateshead - match thread 20:07 - Oct 24 with 25720 viewsRAFCBLUE

Pitch looks ok.

1-0 up

And we still have idiots with smoke bombs.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

vs Gateshead - match thread on 15:10 - Oct 26 with 2454 viewsDalenet

vs Gateshead - match thread on 14:47 - Oct 26 by fermin

I would support you on that but I wonder how many others would. I have already realigned my expectations. The club's financial stability is more important to me than chasing after status as long as we do our best on and off the pitch.

As regards Exeter the post above said that they had raised £2m over 21 years which is £100k a year more or less so I do not suppose that makes much of a dent in their running costs. I believe that they are also relying on the add-on money they must have received for Ollie Watkins rather like we did over the years with Dawson etc. However, we can copy them in other ways with people taking on voluntary roles.

RAFC Blue noted that Exeter received about £250k worth of volunteer hours. Charities I am involved with ask volunteers to log their hours and they translate that to a value when writing their annual reports using the national minimum wage. If you do the same for Exeter that would translate be around 450 hours every week. So probably between 100-150 people. That is an awful lot of effort and good on their fans for doing it.
vs Gateshead - match thread on 15:31 - Oct 26 with 2383 viewsD_Alien

vs Gateshead - match thread on 15:10 - Oct 26 by Dalenet

RAFC Blue noted that Exeter received about £250k worth of volunteer hours. Charities I am involved with ask volunteers to log their hours and they translate that to a value when writing their annual reports using the national minimum wage. If you do the same for Exeter that would translate be around 450 hours every week. So probably between 100-150 people. That is an awful lot of effort and good on their fans for doing it.

It'd be interesting if a breakdown of tasks required of those volunteers could be undertaken, with reference to how it might work at Dale

It's something we should be planning for in any eventuality. Does anyone have knowledge of if this is already being planned?

If it were say, 100 volunteers putting in an average of 3-4 hours each week (perhaps depending on fixtures etc.), i'd certainly be up for contributing to that

Edit: i should add - i'd be prepared to do that if it were a genuinely fan-led club, not on the basis of covering for an incompetent board
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 15:35]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

vs Gateshead - match thread on 17:14 - Oct 26 with 2242 viewsRAFCBLUE

vs Gateshead - match thread on 15:10 - Oct 26 by Dalenet

See this video Dalenet:

Volunteers are at the heart of Exeter - in virtually every role you can imagine a football club needs.

450 hours a week is only 12 FTE a week vs their 212 staff (48 players, 164 other staff).

We probably have a fair number of hours mentioned previously via work that current stakeholders undertake on a voluntary basis which was highlighted in the October meeting of Trust and club, with the likes of Redwood School, University College of Football Business (UCFB), and Rochdale AFC Community Trust praised, alongside the vital ongoing contribution of the Dale Trust.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

vs Gateshead - match thread on 17:58 - Oct 26 with 2144 viewsDale_4_Life

vs Gateshead - match thread on 18:48 - Oct 25 by RAFCBLUE

To your point TS, the 212,895 shares sold to Morton House by six individuals in 2021 at the current subscription price of £2.35 would theoretically put everyone back to where they were before the EFL became involved.

Purchased by the Trust that would give the Trust 344,286 shares out of the 977,580 currently in issue; circa 35% of the club. It would cost the Trust £0.5m.

That doesn't count any shares bought by anyone else since 1 July 2021. The Trust would still have to work with others to garner a majority at 50% but be comfortably the largest shareholder where currently 10 parties own over 60% collectively.

Does the appetite exist with the 926 Trust members to push for that and secure the funding?

I'm not certain until members are offered a vote that it does but if it does, that seems a fair, practical and progressable option to give those who found £0.5m to buy out Morton House their money in return for the shares at no profit to any party.

It works in League 1 at Exeter.

Does the appetite exist with the 926 Trust members to push for that and secure the funding?

926 good folk with Dale at heart but its still light..

A major push to recruit more Trust members has to be a priority.

1500 heading in the same direction would be a strong base to build further.
vs Gateshead - match thread on 18:33 - Oct 26 with 2076 viewsJames1980

When buying a ticket of any description the club should offer the opportunity to join the trust.
Aren't there firms that offer deals to trust members?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

vs Gateshead - match thread on 18:44 - Oct 26 with 2052 views442Dale

vs Gateshead - match thread on 17:58 - Oct 26 by Dale_4_Life

926 good folk with Dale at heart but its still light..

A major push to recruit more Trust members has to be a priority.

1500 heading in the same direction would be a strong base to build further.

One of the main priorities at present should be addressing the impending sense of apathy that is developing.

There has to be a visible appetite to ensure the 926 Trust members are engaged with in a structured way and doing what was promised in May:

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/05/action-plan-on-trust-feedback/

<<“This process we have started through these meetings gives us a very clear position about where the supporters see problems occurring and where they feel improvements can be made. The pressure is (rightly) now on us to deliver on that and make the changes required. Ultimately, all the responses have been provided with the intention of improving the Club and not fuelled through any self-interest. Where we cannot provide the improvements, we need to be justifying this and giving explanations.“>>

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

vs Gateshead - match thread on 18:57 - Oct 26 with 2018 views49thseason

vs Gateshead - match thread on 15:31 - Oct 26 by D_Alien

It'd be interesting if a breakdown of tasks required of those volunteers could be undertaken, with reference to how it might work at Dale

It's something we should be planning for in any eventuality. Does anyone have knowledge of if this is already being planned?

If it were say, 100 volunteers putting in an average of 3-4 hours each week (perhaps depending on fixtures etc.), i'd certainly be up for contributing to that

Edit: i should add - i'd be prepared to do that if it were a genuinely fan-led club, not on the basis of covering for an incompetent board
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 15:35]

DA, I think the first set of volunteers would be best employed helping the Trust to become a much more agile and savvy operation, and that's by no means to decry they work currently being done.

Building the Trust into a substantial operation now seems to me to be the best way too protect the Club. self evidently the Club is struggling and rudderless. the board totally focused on finding an investor to the detriment of almost everything else.

This is the time to concentrate on what the Trust can do to build itself rather than trying to penetrate the black hole that is growing at the ground. If a benefactor is found all well and good, a strong Trust will still be a valuable asset, if one cannot be found, the trust will have a huge amount of heavy lifting to do. In either case The Trust is the bastion against disaster.
vs Gateshead - match thread on 20:55 - Oct 26 with 1869 viewsD_Alien

vs Gateshead - match thread on 18:57 - Oct 26 by 49thseason

DA, I think the first set of volunteers would be best employed helping the Trust to become a much more agile and savvy operation, and that's by no means to decry they work currently being done.

Building the Trust into a substantial operation now seems to me to be the best way too protect the Club. self evidently the Club is struggling and rudderless. the board totally focused on finding an investor to the detriment of almost everything else.

This is the time to concentrate on what the Trust can do to build itself rather than trying to penetrate the black hole that is growing at the ground. If a benefactor is found all well and good, a strong Trust will still be a valuable asset, if one cannot be found, the trust will have a huge amount of heavy lifting to do. In either case The Trust is the bastion against disaster.

Like you, i certainly don't decry the work that's being done (although it could be better communicated) or the value of volunteers to help. As i understand it, they're volunteering (perhaps via the Trust) to help the club

My post was quite clearly about the effort it might take if the Trust were to find itself acting as the "bastion" should all else fail. Being prepared by having a planned list of required tasks is what my post was primarily about. Not sure your post adds anything to that
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 20:57]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:25 - Oct 26 with 1660 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Speaking solely for myself, I would happily double the annual subscription fee to £10. Whilst that would only bring in about £4.5k at the present membership rate, it's cash that the Trust would relish in these very very difficult times. I know there is a facility to donate as well, does this request bring in much revenue?
vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:51 - Oct 26 with 1624 viewsRAFCBLUE

vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:25 - Oct 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

Speaking solely for myself, I would happily double the annual subscription fee to £10. Whilst that would only bring in about £4.5k at the present membership rate, it's cash that the Trust would relish in these very very difficult times. I know there is a facility to donate as well, does this request bring in much revenue?

https://newtickets.ecfc.co.uk/memberships/

It's an interesting view YD but even at £10 aren't we setting sight a little small?

The small subscription fee currently is great but only raises a small amount when every penny the Trust raises ends up back in the club.

Again, Exeter's fan owned model has:
Adults: £24
Under 4's: £5
5-15: £25
Corporate: £150

Those prices come with lots of addons, the main one being ticket priority where Gold Status is earned after 3 consecutive years Trust membership. They've over 3,000 trust members.

They also run 'Foundation' which we would all recognise as Goldbond (before the club scrapped it).

Ultimately its how they create influence in their football club and use the money to keep a majority shareholding.

Other clubs have other methods but you can see how adding ticket priority to members helps Exeter.

vs Gateshead - match thread on 08:50 - Oct 27 with 1453 viewsDalliance

Not sure if this is helpful or not but in funded projects I tend to borrow the Heritage Lottery equivalence rates for calculating the value of volunteering.

Unskilled = Min wage
Skilled = £20ph
Professional = £50ph
vs Gateshead - match thread on 10:46 - Oct 27 with 1295 viewspioneer

vs Gateshead - match thread on 23:51 - Oct 26 by RAFCBLUE

https://newtickets.ecfc.co.uk/memberships/

It's an interesting view YD but even at £10 aren't we setting sight a little small?

The small subscription fee currently is great but only raises a small amount when every penny the Trust raises ends up back in the club.

Again, Exeter's fan owned model has:
Adults: £24
Under 4's: £5
5-15: £25
Corporate: £150

Those prices come with lots of addons, the main one being ticket priority where Gold Status is earned after 3 consecutive years Trust membership. They've over 3,000 trust members.

They also run 'Foundation' which we would all recognise as Goldbond (before the club scrapped it).

Ultimately its how they create influence in their football club and use the money to keep a majority shareholding.

Other clubs have other methods but you can see how adding ticket priority to members helps Exeter.

Bet they don't get many 5-15 year olds at those rates!

They probably pretend to be adults to save money
vs Gateshead - match thread on 14:12 - Oct 28 with 981 viewsTVOS1907

vs Gateshead - match thread on 22:05 - Oct 25 by TVOS1907

He’s had 5 yellow cards so far, so he should be out on Saturday.

Apparently not! Must be an error on Soccerbase. I'll investigate.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

vs Gateshead - match thread on 14:19 - Oct 28 with 949 viewsrich_dale

vs Gateshead - match thread on 14:12 - Oct 28 by TVOS1907

Apparently not! Must be an error on Soccerbase. I'll investigate.

FA site says he's had four yellows
vs Gateshead - match thread on 14:55 - Oct 28 with 858 viewsTVOS1907

vs Gateshead - match thread on 14:19 - Oct 28 by rich_dale

FA site says he's had four yellows

I believe the one at Hereford in the FA Cup is discounted for the rest of the season now we're out!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024