Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver 16:05 - Nov 13 with 8504 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/november/friendforafiver_altrincham/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:16 - Nov 19 with 4516 viewsJames1980

Bump

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 16:30 - Nov 20 with 4287 viewsblackdogblue

Great planning….

Cold wet night, school day & work night…

Wouldn’t go if you paid me a fiver

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:05 - Nov 20 with 4209 viewsJames1980

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 16:30 - Nov 20 by blackdogblue

Great planning….

At least they are trying something though.

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:20 - Nov 20 with 4188 viewsBarrowdale

I’ll pay another fiver if Hayes stays up when defending corners!!!
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:36 - Nov 20 with 4142 views442Dale

Great planning….

Hardworking, honest set of players who are doing ok. Reasonably entertaining games that stand comparison with those Tuesday nights of the 80s and 90s. Can’t complain at a fiver for the opportunity here.

The only thing is they could have gone for the Gateshead game at half term which would have taken out the school night issue, but that’s it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:45 - Nov 20 with 4124 viewsDale_4_Life

Great planning….

Think of the romantic notion of a Cold Wet November evening Kick off under floodlights.. (In White socks).

End to end, Defending like lions and peppering the Altrincham goal from all angles for 90 minutes.. Pace out wide skipping past Alty full backs going at them like a swarm of angry bees.

[Post edited 20 Nov 2023 17:47]
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:03 - Nov 20 with 4089 viewsblackdogblue

Is there only me who understands any form of marketing here….

Make it a Balmy Summer Saturday… really enjoyed that will have to go again…

This will hiss season ticket holders off…

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/november/afcfyldeboxingday_onepound/

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:06 - Nov 20 with 4083 viewsblackdogblue

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 17:05 - Nov 20 by James1980

At least they are trying something though.

No James…they have done this for years now & very little take up…. #trysomethingdifferent apart from trying people’s patience 😀

Login to get fewer ads

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:19 - Nov 20 with 4067 viewsJames1980

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:03 - Nov 20 by blackdogblue

I'm a ST holder and I say to the refuseniks who might moan that for that game it works out better value than per game price of a season ticket 'so what'. But why stop at Boxing day being a £1 if you buy a ticket for the boxing day game the price of the next game is discounted.

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:21 - Nov 20 with 4062 viewskel

If any season ticket holder is annoyed by the club doing that then I truly despair. It’s a great idea by the club when finances are stretched.

I wouldn’t have attended normally on that day but I will be doing now and bringing my three kids with me.
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:24 - Nov 20 with 4054 viewsDale_4_Life

I have a season card and applaud this decision whole heartedly.
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:29 - Nov 20 with 4034 views442Dale

But it was specifically for a Tuesday night. They’ve done other games in the past. Nobody is saying it’s perfect but it’s a good idea to try and get a few people along who might not normally.

My lad is buying his mate one for example.

As for the annoying season ticket holders, this was something that’s always said. I’ve yet to see anyone who’d be bothered at plans to get more fans in. It would be a pretty selfish attitude to want something back when ST are so cheap anyway!

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:32 - Nov 20 with 4025 viewsD_Alien

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:24 - Nov 20 by Dale_4_Life

I have the Club Card which means a fiver off tickets (in any home stand) for an initial outlay of £25

I'm not expecting to get into the ground for £ -4

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:36 - Nov 20 with 4010 views442Dale

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:19 - Nov 20 by James1980

I'm a ST holder and I say to the refuseniks who might moan that for that game it works out better value than per game price of a season ticket 'so what'. But why stop at Boxing day being a £1 if you buy a ticket for the boxing day game the price of the next game is discounted.

Great idea James. This is brilliant from the club and hopefully there’s a plan to capitalise on all the extra people who attend.

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:45 - Nov 20 with 3986 viewsblackdogblue

There was uproar on here a few years ago over the buy 3 get one game free initiative from Season Ticket holders…

More fans turning up means more crowd control, staff behind bars / kiosks ets..

There are loss leading ideas & there are bad ones… just saying & not looking for a row 👍

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:46 - Nov 20 with 3987 viewsZac_B

Great planning….

The game kicks off at 7.45pm and finishes no later than 9.45pm. Are work and school really that big an issue?
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:49 - Nov 20 with 3984 views442Dale

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:45 - Nov 20 by blackdogblue

There was uproar on here a few years ago over the buy 3 get one game free initiative from Season Ticket holders…

More fans turning up means more crowd control, staff behind bars / kiosks ets..

There are loss leading ideas & there are bad ones… just saying & not looking for a row 👍

Where was the uproar?!

Genuinely can’t remember it. If there was, it’s utter nonsense.

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:07 - Nov 20 with 3949 viewsblackdogblue

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:49 - Nov 20 by 442Dale

Where was the uproar?!

There was… been going for many years ago or was it the half season ticket offer.. getting old now…

I also remember the uproar at half time in some big games.. say Leeds.. stewards only had so many gold star tokens & stopped people going into the Racky at half time as capacity reached

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:09 - Nov 20 with 3946 views49thseason

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:49 - Nov 20 by 442Dale

Where was the uproar?!

At last a genuine attempt to fill 7000 empty seats. The secret to making this venture work is to get these people to come to another game, and then yet another one.

Give everyone who gets in for £1 a voucher to get into the next home game for £2, then £3, then £4.and so on for the remainder of the season, this forms the habit of attending matches. Numbers will drop off, but if we start with say 3000, at £1 and finish with 500-1000 @ £8 or £9 with an opportunity to get a first season ticket at a big discount for next season it would be a fantastic effort. Equally we will also find whereabouts the optimal ticket cost is.. i.e. the point at which price affects turnout.
We can dig ourselves out of the financial hole if we sell more tickets, this club has never really marketed itself to the wider population. If this is the start of turning the tide, I for one welcome it .
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:20 - Nov 20 with 3903 viewsEllDale

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:24 - Nov 20 by Dale_4_Life

Ditto. I’m a season ticket holder and applaud the initiative. Might even bring my wife.
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:20 - Nov 20 with 3899 views442Dale

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:07 - Nov 20 by blackdogblue

There was… been going for many years ago or was it the half season ticket offer.. getting old now…

I also remember the uproar at half time in some big games.. say Leeds.. stewards only had so many gold star tokens & stopped people going into the Racky at half time as capacity reached

Well anyone who did complain obviously put their own interests over that of other supporters and the club. Once you’ve bought a season ticket, that’s it. You’ve paid X amount and can attend every game.

As for the Ratcliffe, that makes sense I suppose with a capacity in place.

49thseason’s idea about retaining fans is a simple and very effective one. Well worth looking into, if something else isn’t already in place. Also easy to administer.

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:50 - Nov 20 with 3836 viewsblackdogblue

Last post…

Is there only me that can see issues with this.. ok .. Season Card holders aside and whatever they paid this year would be pretty hissed off with a quid.. 2 quid matches moving forwards & the more I think about it, it was half season tickets…

As a club we don’t have the infrastructure on match days to increase the crowd x 3 within a week depending on ticket sales if everyone bought them as Xmas presents…

Someone who is well remembered is posting me 3 pound coins to get me to go… still not having it but that’s my decision..

We have tried free tickets to Schools etc but sending e mails like the club have done on this without a plan behind it is beyond me

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:51 - Nov 20 with 3834 viewsTVOS1907

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 18:32 - Nov 20 by D_Alien

I have the Club Card which means a fiver off tickets (in any home stand) for an initial outlay of £25

I'm not expecting to get into the ground for £ -4

Walk in backwards...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:53 - Nov 20 with 3830 viewsRodingdale

Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 19:20 - Nov 20 by 442Dale

Well anyone who did complain obviously put their own interests over that of other supporters and the club. Once you’ve bought a season ticket, that’s it. You’ve paid X amount and can attend every game.

As for the Ratcliffe, that makes sense I suppose with a capacity in place.

49thseason’s idea about retaining fans is a simple and very effective one. Well worth looking into, if something else isn’t already in place. Also easy to administer.

Completely agree, and having been a big critic of the club and its marketing efforts, credit where it’s due. Every empty seat is a missed opportunity. ST holders get to choose their own seat and surely a bigger crowd gives a better atmosphere.

Well done to the club on this one and the improvement in communication is noted and appreciated.
Next Tuesday bring a friend for a fiver on 20:03 - Nov 20 with 3804 viewsdawlishdale

Wonderful gesture from the club. Doubt anyone would seriously think of being anything but fully supportive of this. Let's hope we can get a good crowd in and entertain them so at least some will come back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024