Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Money generating 13:06 - Dec 16 with 9823 viewssomdale

What about picking a game where everybody puts away their season ticket and buys a full priced one instead?
Maybe we could pick three from now till the end of the season.
I know we shouldn't have to, but at the same time the club needs money but nobody outside the club is going to help.
Money generating on 13:22 - Dec 16 with 6425 viewsDalenet

Nice idea.

Another option is all of us could buy £20 worth of draw tickets. If 1000 of us did that the club would have an additional £20k in the bank by Christmas.

I was working out that the wage bill for the club seems to be around £160k a month. That is a lot of cash to find if we really have used up what is in the bank.
Money generating on 13:25 - Dec 16 with 6421 viewsDale_4_Life

I would be happy to do this ... if the board acknowledge it would actually help and be appreciated.
Money generating on 13:40 - Dec 16 with 6372 viewsEllDale

I’m happy to go along with that scheme.
Just bought four books of Christmas draw tickets too.
Let those who can help to keep the club afloat.
Money generating on 13:49 - Dec 16 with 6337 views100569

Money generating on 13:40 - Dec 16 by EllDale

I’m happy to go along with that scheme.
Just bought four books of Christmas draw tickets too.
Let those who can help to keep the club afloat.

Likewise, several books bought and I love the idea of putting my season ticket aside.
Money generating on 13:56 - Dec 16 with 6324 viewsJames1980

I'm sure we would all rather the club call for and accept help than issue a statement like North Shields have found themselves having to do.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 19:44]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Money generating on 13:57 - Dec 16 with 6320 viewsA_Newby

Would be better to donate ticket price to trust to buy shares.

1. No VAT paid.
2. Increases trust shareholding.
Money generating on 14:35 - Dec 16 with 6198 views442Dale

For over a year we’ve had opportunities to raise funds, focus on increasing revenue with targeted schemes. There was no emphasis on the necessity to sell shares. Plenty has been done by fans since. Nothing has changed.

It was pointed out at the time and since. It’s failing because people don’t understand RAFC.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Money generating on 19:38 - Dec 16 with 5807 viewsSandyman

Money generating on 13:56 - Dec 16 by James1980

I'm sure we would all rather the club call for and accept help than issue a statement like North Shields have found themselves having to do.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 19:44]

South Shields are stable but up for sale (like we are). North Shields are goosed.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 19:40]
Login to get fewer ads

Money generating on 19:45 - Dec 16 with 5766 viewsJames1980

Money generating on 19:38 - Dec 16 by Sandyman

South Shields are stable but up for sale (like we are). North Shields are goosed.

Corrected thanks Sandy

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Money generating on 19:56 - Dec 16 with 5739 viewswatford_dale

Money generating on 19:38 - Dec 16 by Sandyman

I don't think North Shields own their ground and they were in for a world of pain before the season started. Saw them last season in one of the fa cup qualifying rounds. Was looking to do south shields v blyth spartans on new years day until the league messed around with the xmas fixtures.
Money generating on 22:20 - Dec 16 with 5544 views100notout

Money generating on 13:22 - Dec 16 by Dalenet

Nice idea.

Another option is all of us could buy £20 worth of draw tickets. If 1000 of us did that the club would have an additional £20k in the bank by Christmas.

I was working out that the wage bill for the club seems to be around £160k a month. That is a lot of cash to find if we really have used up what is in the bank.

This

A very quick injection of much needed cash. Bought a few more online earlier and would urge all fans to do so.

Who knows you might even win!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Money generating on 15:26 - Dec 17 with 5234 viewsDuckegg

Money generating on 13:57 - Dec 16 by A_Newby

Would be better to donate ticket price to trust to buy shares.

1. No VAT paid.
2. Increases trust shareholding.

Good idea but didnt they say that the remaining shares are for a possible investor to purchase all at once and not to sell them in small amounts.....
Money generating on 16:06 - Dec 17 with 5181 viewsA_Newby

Money generating on 15:26 - Dec 17 by Duckegg

Good idea but didnt they say that the remaining shares are for a possible investor to purchase all at once and not to sell them in small amounts.....

True, but given the circumstances now the board may change their mind.

1. If 1,000 fans donated £20 each to the trust to buy shares the club would get £20,000 and the trust more shares.

2. If 1,000 fans repurchased a ticket for £20, the club would get only £16,000 after VAT.

3. If 1,000 fans purchased 20 Christmas draw tickets each the club would get most of the £20,000 raised only a small portion would go towards the prizes and admin.

We could do a combination of 1 and 3.
Money generating on 16:35 - Dec 17 with 5149 viewsDuckegg

Money generating on 16:06 - Dec 17 by A_Newby

1. If 1,000 fans donated £20 each to the trust to buy shares the club would get £20,000 and the trust more shares.

2. If 1,000 fans repurchased a ticket for £20, the club would get only £16,000 after VAT.

3. If 1,000 fans purchased 20 Christmas draw tickets each the club would get most of the £20,000 raised only a small portion would go towards the prizes and admin.

Is there enough commitment from the 1000 trust members!.
Money generating on 10:06 - Dec 18 with 4830 viewsChaffRAFC

Did anyone go in the club shop on Saturday?

The last home game before Christmas and you wouldn't even know it was Christmas!

Nothing Christmas themed, no cards, no Santa hat's, no advent calendars and not even a 2024 calendar. It's like everyone has just given up, it's pathetic. We don't have the scheduled third kit that was due to be announced around the time of the Wealdstone game. There's nothing from what I could see.

And on Boxing Day, we've got a big crowd, probably in excess of around 6/7000 fans, what extra is being done that day or are we just hoping they come again? Surely we can reach out to local businesses and go, we've got 6000 fans coming, do you want a van/stall at the back of the Pearl Street maybe for a cost?

These extra fans that are coming? Are we asking parents/clubs/schools if they want to be contacted about offers, future games?

Obviously, if any of this is happening, brilliant, but the fact I'm asking this question suggests it's not particularly clear if so.

I admire the effort to get more people in in terms of tickets but lets maximise it and encourage a follow up so they're not lost.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Money generating on 11:30 - Dec 18 with 4744 viewsRAFCBLUE

Money generating on 16:06 - Dec 17 by A_Newby

You make some excellent points and may I suggest two others:

1. The Trust moves to a monthly subscription model rather than a one off fee. Here is Newport's https://www.ncafctrust.org/

* Bronze membership - £5 per month
* Silver membership - £10 per month
* Gold membership - £20 per month
* Platinum membership - £50 per month
* Corporate membership - £1,000 per year

On current numbers assuming only basis bronze membership status, the Trust would generate £60,000 a year, perhaps more if the higher tiers of membership were taken up including corporates.

2. Reestablish Goldbond

The removal of Goldbond removed two things the club really needs - money and engagement. The knock on the door from an agent or collector not only spread the word around the wider town but promoted engagement which was lost when the direct debit replacement was launched and the role of agents removed.

If something could be established that could raise some good funds.

I'd see the Trust wanting to put any money raised as shares but in a club that loses £0.5m per annum on the 2022 set of accounts the above would cover about 35% of it.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Money generating on 13:44 - Dec 18 with 4648 viewsEllDale

Money generating on 10:06 - Dec 18 by ChaffRAFC

The last home game before Christmas and you wouldn't even know it was Christmas!

Nothing Christmas themed, no cards, no Santa hat's, no advent calendars and not even a 2024 calendar. It's like everyone has just given up, it's pathetic. We don't have the scheduled third kit that was due to be announced around the time of the Wealdstone game. There's nothing from what I could see.

And on Boxing Day, we've got a big crowd, probably in excess of around 6/7000 fans, what extra is being done that day or are we just hoping they come again? Surely we can reach out to local businesses and go, we've got 6000 fans coming, do you want a van/stall at the back of the Pearl Street maybe for a cost?

These extra fans that are coming? Are we asking parents/clubs/schools if they want to be contacted about offers, future games?

Obviously, if any of this is happening, brilliant, but the fact I'm asking this question suggests it's not particularly clear if so.

I admire the effort to get more people in in terms of tickets but lets maximise it and encourage a follow up so they're not lost.

To be fair I went in and bought an Xmas sweater but there were only half a dozen left in large sizes.
Money generating on 13:54 - Dec 18 with 4628 viewsA_Newby

I have now purchased £20 worth of Christmas draw tickets and made a £20 donation to the Dale Trust funds for purchasing shares.

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/one-off-trust-donation-for-shares/
Money generating on 13:59 - Dec 18 with 4612 viewsChaffRAFC

Money generating on 13:44 - Dec 18 by EllDale

To be fair I went in and bought an Xmas sweater but there were only half a dozen left in large sizes.

Yeah I saw those actually but that's it.

There's nothing to entice me to buy anything for myself or my lad for Christmas though.

This will be the first year he's had no Dale memorabilia. Would have definitely bought a calendar and maybe a new third shirt if we'd done one.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Money generating on 15:36 - Dec 18 with 4469 viewsBainesy15

My Dad went in a few weeks ago to buy the entire family new shirts for Christmas (sizes S-L), only to be told they had none left, with no intention of getting another delivery till February...
Money generating on 16:18 - Dec 18 with 4410 viewsD_Alien

If your aim is to divest yourselves of ownership, why would you plan to grow the business? It's probably been that way for some time now, but more urgent since the NL stopped the director's loan. That's the sole focus, and was expected to have been achieved at the end of last month.

There's little point about posting what the current BoD should or should not be doing, but as 442 has said, so much time has been wasted

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Money generating on 16:45 - Dec 18 with 4334 viewsDalenet

We have an issue Chaff. The club has been losing staff over the past 6 months and isn't replacing them - they can't afford to. We had three in marketin/sponsorship/sales 2 years ago, now we have 1. They just can't do it all. The club shop should be run by volunteers at our level. The marketing can be done by a group of volunteers, leaving the paid member of staff to cope with corporate sponsorship.

They have announced that they are having food stalls outside the ground for boxing day, particularly for the vulnerable attendees that can't afford to get to football and can't afford our refreshment huts - they are getting free refreshments at these outside stalls.

As for database marketing - you are right. My argument is that we need to present a half season card or a multi-game offer to these first time attendees. Again, something a volunteer could organise. But we don't seem to be open to fan involvement
Money generating on 17:41 - Dec 18 with 4273 viewsDale_4_Life

On this theme we have a bumper crowd expected on Boxing day.

Can the trust arrange a flyer with the message we are in trouble but looking to take control of the situation and build our way out of it.

Actively speak with the new faces and ask if they enjoy the game will they come back for the remainder of the season? The flyer needs a positive message on a grim situation with the date and time of all remaining home fixtures on it.

Several trust members (or passionate volunteers) in the Main / Pearl and Sandy to actually go and speak with new faces to make them welcome and actively ask for there continued support until the end of the season?

Something a little different from sat behind a trust desk hoping for people to rock up and chat. It would be a shame to miss the opportunity to get some lapsed and new faces back on a more regular basis.
Money generating on 18:10 - Dec 18 with 4225 views100569

Just over a week ago I checked the online shop to see what scarfs we were selling. I couldn't see any listed. I didn't beleive that we were not selling scarfs. I went to the shop to see for myself. Their were half a dozen on the shelf apparantly old stock found. I asked when new scarfs would be arriving to be told they wouldn't be. WHAT !! Winter and a club shop not selling scarfs surely after a replica shirt a scarf in winter is a must item to have ? Not at our club. An ideal stocking filler and as Chaff says 6/7000 turning up on Boxing Day, kids with xmas money to spend an ideal opportunity to make money. I've supported this club for 60+ years and seen some very bad times indeed but none as bad as the current state of affairs at this moment in time. The club appears broken, being run into the ground and leaderless. I seriously fear for our future.....if their is one. Their is no engagement with supporters or information of any sort from within the club. As a shareholder I wait with baited breath to see what comes out of the AGM on Thursday. I won't be holding my breath as I fear it would be my last
Money generating on 18:21 - Dec 18 with 4189 viewsTalkingSutty

We don't even have any scarves for sale, they make a great stocking filler. There could be a crowd of 7000 on Boxing day, many of them families with young children and cold. The clubs given up and anybody who says otherwise is telling lies.
Edit..sorry 10059, I didn't see your post.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 18:23]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024