Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Money generating 13:06 - Dec 16 with 9825 viewssomdale

What about picking a game where everybody puts away their season ticket and buys a full priced one instead?
Maybe we could pick three from now till the end of the season.
I know we shouldn't have to, but at the same time the club needs money but nobody outside the club is going to help.
Money generating on 18:27 - Dec 18 with 2110 viewsTrev

Money generating on 18:21 - Dec 18 by TalkingSutty

We don't even have any scarves for sale, they make a great stocking filler. There could be a crowd of 7000 on Boxing day, many of them families with young children and cold. The clubs given up and anybody who says otherwise is telling lies.
Edit..sorry 10059, I didn't see your post.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 18:23]

The board gave up a long time ago. We are properly stuck. Nobody with good intentions will be prepared to put the money up that they want.

Ideas for money generation are commendable though we are pissing in the wind.
Money generating on 18:34 - Dec 18 with 2093 viewsTalkingSutty

Money generating on 18:27 - Dec 18 by Trev

The board gave up a long time ago. We are properly stuck. Nobody with good intentions will be prepared to put the money up that they want.

Ideas for money generation are commendable though we are pissing in the wind.

We need to bite the bullet, replace the Chairman and the fall out that will involve and build the club back up from the bottom. The fact we all accept that we are beholden to one man is a sad indictment on the club and the fans. He might have put a lot of money into the club but look at the mess the clubs in. The Club shop is a reflection of how the club itself is being run. You can't even buy a scarf in the middle of winter and the run up to Xmas, it's a ridiculous situation. Then they have the audacity to expect fans to dig deep to buy Xmas draw tickets, shares etc.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 18:37]
Money generating on 18:37 - Dec 18 with 2084 views442Dale

Money generating on 16:45 - Dec 18 by Dalenet

We have an issue Chaff. The club has been losing staff over the past 6 months and isn't replacing them - they can't afford to. We had three in marketin/sponsorship/sales 2 years ago, now we have 1. They just can't do it all. The club shop should be run by volunteers at our level. The marketing can be done by a group of volunteers, leaving the paid member of staff to cope with corporate sponsorship.

They have announced that they are having food stalls outside the ground for boxing day, particularly for the vulnerable attendees that can't afford to get to football and can't afford our refreshment huts - they are getting free refreshments at these outside stalls.

As for database marketing - you are right. My argument is that we need to present a half season card or a multi-game offer to these first time attendees. Again, something a volunteer could organise. But we don't seem to be open to fan involvement

By now the Trust, and therefore all supporters, should be fully aware of all the plans for Boxing Day and the subsequent follow up work that will take place to retain any of the new supporters.

That timeline should be and visible to all. With requests for support where required.

As an aside, looking at the benefits of volunteering, the one time something was sorted - the stadium clean up in the summer - the obvious positives were there for everyone to see.
Maybe 30 fans turned up and gave a few hours of their time, the equivalent staffing costs for that work would have been £800-£1000 (rough estimates at minimum wage).

That was one day. What’s happened since? Again, it’s guesswork, but combining the ideas provided with the offers of support on a voluntary basis from the fan meetings back in April/May, would have seen, in my opinion only, £1-2k a week of benefit to the football club.

If we’d really utilised the obvious knowledge and skills of the fanbase effectively since summer 2021, you can only begin to imagine how much better off we’d have been in monetary terms. Setting up structure and process to capitalise on an engaged fanbase was a basic requirement. When we were relegated there was talk of reengaging with those same supporters. Two years down the line.

Time was always going to be the biggest enemy.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 18:58]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Money generating on 18:39 - Dec 18 with 2082 viewsD_Alien

Can anyone advise on the following:

If the club is placed into administration, do SG and other directors lose any chance of recouping their financial input - or at least the amount they paid for the MH shares?

Is that why it'd be in their interests right now to keep the club out of admin?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Money generating on 19:03 - Dec 18 with 1999 viewsscooby

Money generating on 18:39 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

If the club is placed into administration, do SG and other directors lose any chance of recouping their financial input - or at least the amount they paid for the MH shares?

I believe: Secured loans (don’t think we have any), staff & HMRC, unsecured loans (don’t think we have any unless SG covering November salaries was done this way), then what’s left is split through across shareholders.

In some respects, going in to admin would probably help sell the club quicker. The silly share prices of £2.35 or whatever is not a realistic value, and it’s up to individual shareholders to agree a price, however I’m not sure that once you go in to admin, those shares become locked and the administrators can sell the club without any input or compensation
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 19:47]
Money generating on 19:12 - Dec 18 with 1965 viewsEllDale

And the administrators can and would sell the club to ANYONE prepared to make an offer.
That’s their responsibility to the club creditors.
Money generating on 19:18 - Dec 18 with 1933 viewsD_Alien

Money generating on 19:03 - Dec 18 by scooby

I believe: Secured loans (don’t think we have any), staff & HMRC, unsecured loans (don’t think we have any unless SG covering November salaries was done this way), then what’s left is split through across shareholders.

In some respects, going in to admin would probably help sell the club quicker. The silly share prices of £2.35 or whatever is not a realistic value, and it’s up to individual shareholders to agree a price, however I’m not sure that once you go in to admin, those shares become locked and the administrators can sell the club without any input or compensation
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 19:47]

Thanks

So due to the uncertainty around that last point, and *if* ongoing negotiations are still taking place with potential investors (which i believe they are), the BoD are likely to try to prevent admin till at least next month?

Money generating on 19:21 - Dec 18 with 1924 viewsTalkingSutty

Money generating on 19:12 - Dec 18 by EllDale

And the administrators can and would sell the club to ANYONE prepared to make an offer.
That’s their responsibility to the club creditors.

No different to last week then when the Chairman and Directors came within a ace of selling the club to a bunch of con men. The fans had the audacity to poke their nose into things, something they were quickly reminded about in the club statement.
Login to get fewer ads

Money generating on 19:31 - Dec 18 with 1903 views100569

Money generating on 19:21 - Dec 18 by TalkingSutty

No different to last week then when the Chairman and Directors came within a ace of selling the club to a bunch of con men. The fans had the audacity to poke their nose into things, something they were quickly reminded about in the club statement.

Perhaps if the club did their own due diligence properly, the fans wouldn't have to intervene. Thank God we have got those fans !
Money generating on 19:38 - Dec 18 with 1884 viewsTalkingSutty

Money generating on 19:31 - Dec 18 by 100569

Perhaps if the club did their own due diligence properly, the fans wouldn't have to intervene. Thank God we have got those fans !

Exactly. I'm assuming the clubs solicitors do the due diligence, let's hope its not the same ones that we saw fighting Bottomleys and the boardrooms corner at the infamous EGM. The ones who seemed affronted when the shareholders had the cheek to question those on the top table. They tried their best to represent Bottomley and Rawlinson and tried to advise them before answering most questions but ultimately their efforts failed thankfully. I'm assuming the solicitors are appointed to represent the best interests of the club and not individuals in the boardroom? It didn't seem that way on the night.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 20:44]
Money generating on 20:44 - Dec 18 with 1739 viewsBrierls

Money generating on 18:39 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

As fans of Dale, is it not in OUR best interests that the club goes into Administration? Not to mention the staff employed.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 14:01]
Money generating on 20:50 - Dec 18 with 1717 viewsRAFCBLUE

Money generating on 20:44 - Dec 18 by Brierls

As fans of Dale, is it not in OUR best interests that the club goes into Administration? Not to mention the staff employed.

100% agree with that Brierls.

An Administration would wipe out all shareholders as they stand and the Administrator is under no compulsion to run the enterprise as a going concern so that would be the end for players, staff, the Community Trust, Rochdale Hornets.

The first thing the bury Administrator did was put the ground up for sale. That is the only core debt free asset owned and it would be sold to the highest bidder.

https://www.consultancy.uk/news/27898/bury-fc-administrator-puts-stadium-up-for-

IMO Administration would probably see houses built on Spotland.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Money generating on 21:36 - Dec 18 with 1644 viewsD_Alien

Money generating on 20:44 - Dec 18 by Brierls

Of course it is, not sure why you might think otherwise?

The immediate concern is for the players and staff to be paid their wages this month, which i've referred to several times and is essential for morale going into the Xmas/NY fixtures

If it's in the interests of the BoD to avoid admin, so much the better since the club is being bumped along with no planning for the future beyond the relinquishing of ownership, with the interests of the fanbase - despite what you might think - very much a secondary consideration, if that

[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 21:40]

Money generating on 22:22 - Dec 18 with 1549 viewspioneer

With the AGM this week, as an out of towner I am feeling a bit in the dark about the underlying current so to speak.

The agenda has Jamie Sarsfield seeking re election to the board but that seems to have been overtaken by his resignation. Does that mean there will be nominations from the floor for that position?

Also what is the feeling of those closer to the day to day running than me? Is there a feeling towards voting against SG’s re election?

I am hoping to advise my proxy as to my wishes but as things stand I dont know how to advise.
Money generating on 22:36 - Dec 18 with 1516 viewsDalenet

Money generating on 21:36 - Dec 18 by D_Alien

Of course it is, not sure why you might think otherwise?

The immediate concern is for the players and staff to be paid their wages this month, which i've referred to several times and is essential for morale going into the Xmas/NY fixtures

If it's in the interests of the BoD to avoid admin, so much the better since the club is being bumped along with no planning for the future beyond the relinquishing of ownership, with the interests of the fanbase - despite what you might think - very much a secondary consideration, if that

[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 21:40]

I think Briels message has a typo in it. He didn't mean to create a double negative.
Money generating on 22:41 - Dec 18 with 1507 viewsDalenet

Money generating on 22:22 - Dec 18 by pioneer

With the AGM this week, as an out of towner I am feeling a bit in the dark about the underlying current so to speak.

The agenda has Jamie Sarsfield seeking re election to the board but that seems to have been overtaken by his resignation. Does that mean there will be nominations from the floor for that position?

Also what is the feeling of those closer to the day to day running than me? Is there a feeling towards voting against SG’s re election?

I am hoping to advise my proxy as to my wishes but as things stand I dont know how to advise.

Whatever people's views on Simons performance as Chair, we are so dependent on his cash just now to pay wages if comments are true, it would be foolhardy not to re-elect him. He is unlikely to put anything else into the club if he isn't on the Board. None of us know how long we can survive with our current cash position.
Money generating on 23:03 - Dec 18 with 1461 viewsD_Alien

Money generating on 22:36 - Dec 18 by Dalenet

I think Briels message has a typo in it. He didn't mean to create a double negative.

Perhaps he'll confirm that?

Money generating on 07:29 - Dec 19 with 1267 viewsTalkingSutty

Money generating on 22:41 - Dec 18 by Dalenet

Whatever people's views on Simons performance as Chair, we are so dependent on his cash just now to pay wages if comments are true, it would be foolhardy not to re-elect him. He is unlikely to put anything else into the club if he isn't on the Board. None of us know how long we can survive with our current cash position.

The Chairman keep putting money into the club is a fantastic gesture but doesn't qualify him as the right person to be leading the club going forward. I hope he and the Directors get a good chunk of their money back but to suggest that they've progressed the club since they stepped into the boardroom would be wrong. The club has regressed quickly and the discord between the fans and those in the Boardroom has never been greater. A takeover would be welcome if they have the right credentials but if Simon Gauge remains as Chairman the club and fans will never unite and work as one, his personality wont allow that, he needs to be in charge.. We've seen the evidence of that for a long time now and nothings ever changes. As a commercial aircraft pilot you sit at the front and talk AT people over the intercom, you tell them what to do and nobody on the aircraft questions your authority at all. It doesn't work though when you are the Chairman of a football club and are answerable to shareholders and fans. Investors with dynamic, engaging individuals in the boardroom is what's required, a Chairman who knows how to engage with people in order to have everybody pulling in the same direction. I'm hoping those shareholders in attendance at the AGM will also pose some challenging questions to those on the top table, in particular in relation to the credentials of those who nearly got hold of the club a couple of weeks ago and the lack of due diligence involved. We nearly ended up with a skint Allan Partridge in the boardroom ( Brayne) and his cronies.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 8:23]
Money generating on 08:36 - Dec 19 with 1176 viewsDalenet

Money generating on 07:29 - Dec 19 by TalkingSutty

The Chairman keep putting money into the club is a fantastic gesture but doesn't qualify him as the right person to be leading the club going forward. I hope he and the Directors get a good chunk of their money back but to suggest that they've progressed the club since they stepped into the boardroom would be wrong. The club has regressed quickly and the discord between the fans and those in the Boardroom has never been greater. A takeover would be welcome if they have the right credentials but if Simon Gauge remains as Chairman the club and fans will never unite and work as one, his personality wont allow that, he needs to be in charge.. We've seen the evidence of that for a long time now and nothings ever changes. As a commercial aircraft pilot you sit at the front and talk AT people over the intercom, you tell them what to do and nobody on the aircraft questions your authority at all. It doesn't work though when you are the Chairman of a football club and are answerable to shareholders and fans. Investors with dynamic, engaging individuals in the boardroom is what's required, a Chairman who knows how to engage with people in order to have everybody pulling in the same direction. I'm hoping those shareholders in attendance at the AGM will also pose some challenging questions to those on the top table, in particular in relation to the credentials of those who nearly got hold of the club a couple of weeks ago and the lack of due diligence involved. We nearly ended up with a skint Allan Partridge in the boardroom ( Brayne) and his cronies.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 8:23]

I don't disagree with you TS. Just whether this Thursday is the right time. I can't bear the thought of Administration and all it entails to be honest. How many weeks could we survive?
Money generating on 08:49 - Dec 19 with 1152 viewsSandyman

TalkingSutty said "The club has regressed quickly and the discord between the fans and those in the Boardroom has never been greater. ". I would argue it was worse when Bottomley was pulling the strings under the cover of Covid and his shenanigans were exposed. Let's get through Thursday evening and see where we are, or not.
Money generating on 08:59 - Dec 19 with 1139 viewsTalkingSutty

Money generating on 08:36 - Dec 19 by Dalenet

I don't disagree with you TS. Just whether this Thursday is the right time. I can't bear the thought of Administration and all it entails to be honest. How many weeks could we survive?

I don't know the answer to any of that unfortunately. If shareholders can't ask questions under 'any other business' at a AGM then when can they? The only possible way to get any information out of the Chairman and Directors is to ask questions directly and as shareholders aren't they accountable to us? I might be wrong but I though the AGM was a perfect platform for shareholders to speak up regarding the running of the club.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 9:02]
Money generating on 09:08 - Dec 19 with 1130 viewsTalkingSutty

Money generating on 08:49 - Dec 19 by Sandyman

TalkingSutty said "The club has regressed quickly and the discord between the fans and those in the Boardroom has never been greater. ". I would argue it was worse when Bottomley was pulling the strings under the cover of Covid and his shenanigans were exposed. Let's get through Thursday evening and see where we are, or not.

You might be right but you set a very low bar with Bottomley, lower than a snakes belly. Even near the end he still had his backers though, especially inside the club. He pleaded guilty and received a two year ban from football, one of the longest ever issued. Even now some try to make excuses on his behalf.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 9:09]
Money generating on 11:35 - Dec 19 with 979 viewsTomRAFC

I can't help but feel we need an influx of skills just as much as we need an influx of cash. We need people who know how to run the non-footballing side of things. I'm not suggesting it's easy but making cuts, increasing revenue, further investment, or any other idea, will only be effective if it is implemented effectively.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 13:37]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Money generating on 11:37 - Dec 19 with 975 viewsD_Alien

Money generating on 08:36 - Dec 19 by Dalenet

But that's precisely what i was getting at when yesterday, when enquiring about the consequences of administration for SG

Whilst it remains in his interests to try to recoup some of his financial outlay, he's not going to go down the administration route - unless he's running out of funds too (must be very close). Either way, his lack of engagement has hindered his cause, which is also our cause
[Post edited 19 Dec 2023 11:42]

Money generating on 13:04 - Dec 19 with 839 views49thseason

Everyone should read this..

https://theathletic.com/2841896/2021/09/23/what-happens-when-a-club-enters-admin

Copy the URL and paste in into the box at 12ft.io
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024