Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gateshead Game Predictions 09:29 - Mar 29 with 14952 views_Windydale

3-1 gateshead.

I'm not feeling it today. The buoyancy the players may feel, guaranteed pay for another month, new owners possibly, panics off, the players relax. No Hayes (probably) possibly... go back to the pace of a steady stroll round Watergrove rez.
I would take a draw especially after the tonking Gateshead gave Hartlepool last game.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 14:08 - Mar 30 with 2431 viewsD_Alien

Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:47 - Mar 30 by borodale

I thought Gateshead did pretty much did what we should be doing. Possession with more tempo, got the ball to the half way out of defence quickly (ala man city) and varied there play from there. There midfielder (Francis) was the hub of everything good they did and had the freedom of the park. When they played the ball forward it stuck and they carried a threat. We where very passive , when played forward we lost possession or recycled. So frustrating.

A major factor in our inability to retain possession up front is the reluctance of support from midfield arriving, and this is entirely due to our style of play. The midfield tend to stay deep to receive the ball when its recycled backwards

This was alleviated when East was being played in a more advanced midfield position. He started scoring too, before that ploy was abandoned

The negativity employed has, i'll readily admit, got to me and it really is down to a slavish 5th-rate version of what the manager has imbibed from much higher up the chain

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Gateshead Game Predictions on 14:44 - Mar 30 with 2328 viewsMass_Debater

Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:22 - Mar 30 by Trev

JM mentioned it in interviews earlier in the season.

Are you sure?
Gateshead Game Predictions on 18:43 - Mar 30 with 2072 viewsborodale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 14:08 - Mar 30 by D_Alien

A major factor in our inability to retain possession up front is the reluctance of support from midfield arriving, and this is entirely due to our style of play. The midfield tend to stay deep to receive the ball when its recycled backwards

This was alleviated when East was being played in a more advanced midfield position. He started scoring too, before that ploy was abandoned

The negativity employed has, i'll readily admit, got to me and it really is down to a slavish 5th-rate version of what the manager has imbibed from much higher up the chain

Agreed we've lacked a no10 type player all season to link midfield and forwards. Indeed for me the tactics are very Bbm were it's all about self promotion rather than what's needed to garner results for us.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 20:52 - Mar 30 with 1899 viewsDalenet

Gateshead Game Predictions on 13:03 - Mar 30 by Rodingdale

A very insightful post. Gateshead seem to be really punching at least their weight. You say their budget is one of the lower ones..lower than Dales? Interesting that you say they’ve had a couple of great managers. Shows what you can do with a great manager.

Yes - they had ex Newcastle United Mike Williamson as manager for about 5 years until he was poached by MK Dons. They current have ex Newcastle United Rob Elliot as manager. Both had player manager roles and that keeps the cost down. The whole club is heavily volunteer led and has no more than 27 staff. I have friends who are very actively involved. Newcastle United give them a pre season friendly every year and this season they sold out all 7300 seats. Helps financially of course. They only get around 1000 home fans and so money is tight. But they have done really well in cup competitions in recent years and that helps too. If my maths is right, they have played 7 or 8 cup games so far and have the semi final of the FA Trophy next week. But yes their budget is lower than ours based on what I think I know about ours.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 21:38 - Mar 30 with 1831 viewsEllDale

Looking at the likes of Gateshead, Bromley, Solihull and Altrincham who are in playoff contention the key factor seems to be that of year on year consolidation. It isn’t overnight success.
I’m not sure what their budgets are but they seem to be well run from the bottom up with firm foundations.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 22:08 - Mar 30 with 1776 viewswheniwasyourage

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:16 - Mar 29 by kel

Where have you got those figures from?

Enlighten me.

consider yourself enlightened

and stop getting personal - sign you have lost the argument

https://www.houzz.co.uk/professionals/lighting/christopher-wray-lighting-emporiu
Gateshead Game Predictions on 22:19 - Mar 30 with 1750 viewswheniwasyourage

Gateshead Game Predictions on 17:27 - Mar 29 by 442Dale

If we’d won today, making it 4 wins on the bounce would you have been ashamed to offer it?

Please could you list those managers who currently play a different style?

why must you shut down an opinion that differs from your own by the 'provide me the evidence' routine? Surely we all have an equal voice and healthy debate is desirable?

you do this quite often.

Go on... do it... reply with ...... if you look at my previous posts; or provide the evidence.

What I will say, to all is don't fall out over little Jim, he will be gone within 18months - how do I know, because they all do. I genuinely hope he goes via being head hunted for a better job as this will mean he has turned around the results.

Good luck to LJ and the team for Monday, hope for a win and a win in style.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 22:26 - Mar 30 with 1730 viewswheniwasyourage

Gateshead Game Predictions on 21:05 - Mar 29 by 442Dale

Which are the managers that play this type of football?

Our crowd numbers have remained steady when you look at the last few seasons.

442 -

Good point here.

Why are we so consistently bad at succession planning? If we think about the past 30 years, how many successful managers have been proactively appointed by the board - probable Steve Parkin's first spell at the club?

Keith Hill forced the hand of the board through not only the results but the paradigm shift in the playing culture.

So, it seems successive Boards have not been able to pick a winner.

As I said earlier, Jim will move on, either fired or headhunted - who are we lining up to replace him?
Login to get fewer ads

Gateshead Game Predictions on 22:33 - Mar 30 with 1705 viewswheniwasyourage

Gateshead Game Predictions on 11:51 - Mar 30 by Mass_Debater

How do you know that?

In the fans forum SG said he had maintained the playing budget but cut costs in all other departments- expect this means we are well set for this league - though I am not sure.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 22:46 - Mar 30 with 1674 viewskel

Gateshead Game Predictions on 22:08 - Mar 30 by wheniwasyourage

consider yourself enlightened

and stop getting personal - sign you have lost the argument

https://www.houzz.co.uk/professionals/lighting/christopher-wray-lighting-emporiu

Please provide the quote(s) of me getting personal.

Thanks in advance.

If I was to get personal, I’d probably ask why a dullard continues to post on here after announcing they’d stopped bothering for the season and giving their opinion on something they’ve not seen. I’d also point out to them that they’re about as funny as Lenny Henry when they create posts about Groundhog Day and the like.
[Post edited 30 Mar 23:07]
Gateshead Game Predictions on 23:19 - Mar 30 with 1609 viewskel

Gateshead Game Predictions on 22:19 - Mar 30 by wheniwasyourage

why must you shut down an opinion that differs from your own by the 'provide me the evidence' routine? Surely we all have an equal voice and healthy debate is desirable?

you do this quite often.

Go on... do it... reply with ...... if you look at my previous posts; or provide the evidence.

What I will say, to all is don't fall out over little Jim, he will be gone within 18months - how do I know, because they all do. I genuinely hope he goes via being head hunted for a better job as this will mean he has turned around the results.

On the subject of previous posts, if you’re going to create an alter ego, then it’s probably best to remember to stick to the story.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/300479/4782572/woking-(a)-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/307002/4910318/barnet-game

86 or 87?
[Post edited 30 Mar 23:26]
Gateshead Game Predictions on 23:58 - Mar 30 with 1549 views442Dale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 22:19 - Mar 30 by wheniwasyourage

you do this quite often.

Asking for further info to back up an opinion enhances a debate. Which YoutubeDale did to be fair, even if I might not believe his choice of manager doesn’t scream out as someone who we should bring in right now.

I try to be fair, yes that can be repetitive, but it’s better than just saying “you’re talking nonsense” and nothing else - something that would be shutting down a debate. Much like when people choose not to continue debating when the thread doesn’t suit an argument.

That’s not, in my opinion a healthy debate.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gateshead Game Predictions on 02:42 - Mar 31 with 1489 viewsfrenzied

For me I would stick with Jim.

As stated before I expected us to fall through this league as others such as Stockport and Scunthorpe did.

County I think went thro a multitude of managers before getting back into the football league..poss 8 or 9...Gannon twice?

Perhaps the changes player wise in the summer will see a change in approach..but I’m prepared to be patient at this stage.

This season is over..no harm in having a go we’ve nout to lose
Gateshead Game Predictions on 10:28 - Mar 31 with 1306 viewsdale1968

At the moment i am just glad that we potentially have a lifeline to save our club from folding.
JM has been dealt a very tough card to operate with this season and I for one am grateful for the job he has done on a very very tight budget.
Mid table in our 1st season NL is a fair position given the recent condition of the club.
I see the points of view from a fans perspective but i would certainly not be looking to get rid at present.
Lets see how the rest of the off field action pans out then take it from there.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Gateshead Game Predictions on 11:43 - Mar 31 with 1183 viewsEllDale

Gateshead Game Predictions on 02:42 - Mar 31 by frenzied

For me I would stick with Jim.

As stated before I expected us to fall through this league as others such as Stockport and Scunthorpe did.

County I think went thro a multitude of managers before getting back into the football league..poss 8 or 9...Gannon twice?

Perhaps the changes player wise in the summer will see a change in approach..but I’m prepared to be patient at this stage.

This season is over..no harm in having a go we’ve nout to lose

Recruitment won’t mean a change of style.
New players will arrive based on their suitability to play the current style of football.
Gateshead Game Predictions on 11:50 - Mar 31 with 1156 viewsJames1980

I think for some posters they don't want to lose face, which is why they are fairly quiet during a good run of form and back calling for a new manager after a loss. I'd like to see Jim being given the opportunity to build a squad for the next season as early as possible and perhaps even be able to take them away on an overseas preseason training trip finance permitting of course.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Gateshead Game Predictions on 11:52 - Mar 31 with 1154 viewsfrenzied

Gateshead Game Predictions on 11:43 - Mar 31 by EllDale

Recruitment won’t mean a change of style.
New players will arrive based on their suitability to play the current style of football.

only time will tell
Gateshead Game Predictions on 12:08 - Mar 31 with 1119 viewsD_Alien

Gateshead Game Predictions on 11:52 - Mar 31 by frenzied

only time will tell

It won't

JimMc has spoken more than enough times about his footballing beliefs

Those who hope for something else are choosing not to listen

Does that mean success wouldn't be possible? No, but that's not why i'm not backing him

Gateshead Game Predictions on 12:32 - Mar 31 with 1067 viewsfrenzied

Gateshead Game Predictions on 12:08 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

It won't

JimMc has spoken more than enough times about his footballing beliefs

Those who hope for something else are choosing not to listen

Does that mean success wouldn't be possible? No, but that's not why i'm not backing him

Well we will just have to wait and see ...

Peoples approach can change..will it?..ive no idea

and neither has anyone else

for me Jim stays ..others think differently thats fine

I at this stage expect us to be in this league for several seasons.

Bigger better equipped sides than Dale such as County Wrexham and now Chesterfield are testament to what is needed to get out of this league..and at present we are lacking in all these factors the main one being talent on the pitch..they are trying but are no where near league 2 standard..in order to attract the talent and experience required we need cash we aint got that either and nor do i expect the new Ogden buy in to chuck money at the club..its almost a philanthropic gesture rather than a commercial plan and that again is fine by me
Gateshead Game Predictions on 12:50 - Mar 31 with 1018 viewsD_Alien

Gateshead Game Predictions on 12:32 - Mar 31 by frenzied

Well we will just have to wait and see ...

Peoples approach can change..will it?..ive no idea

and neither has anyone else

for me Jim stays ..others think differently thats fine

I at this stage expect us to be in this league for several seasons.

Bigger better equipped sides than Dale such as County Wrexham and now Chesterfield are testament to what is needed to get out of this league..and at present we are lacking in all these factors the main one being talent on the pitch..they are trying but are no where near league 2 standard..in order to attract the talent and experience required we need cash we aint got that either and nor do i expect the new Ogden buy in to chuck money at the club..its almost a philanthropic gesture rather than a commercial plan and that again is fine by me

...all of which has been discussed and pretty.much established

The impression from your original post suggested you thought the style of play was dictated by our budget and circumstances. It's almost the opposite. Everything else remains to be seen... except that

Gateshead Game Predictions on 12:58 - Mar 31 with 1007 viewsfrenzied

Gateshead Game Predictions on 12:50 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

...all of which has been discussed and pretty.much established

The impression from your original post suggested you thought the style of play was dictated by our budget and circumstances. It's almost the opposite. Everything else remains to be seen... except that

well we will have to wait and see

Perhaps there will be a change in approach next season..perhaps a different style may work or it may see us getting drubbed every game..im more than pleased with what Jim has done this season i expected as mentioned a whole lot worse.

If people do become disenchanted with the team then they need to vote with their feet

UTD as always
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024