Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe standing 13:19 - Jun 11 with 3420 viewsGaryBannister86

Unless they hold back certain tickets from season ticket sales, if I am reading the seat map right there are fewer than 90 tickets left in the entire Loft Safe Standing.

Which is great, but slightly aware that there will be little chance for others / walk ups to experience it on a random basis and I am sure this was helpful last season in bringing a few more on board.

I am wary of rehashing the old debate, but the argument to extend it is growing in my mind.

Fair play to the flags guys for helping, too, and excellent that sales are up generally, of course.

Safe standing on 13:31 - Jun 11 with 3087 viewsNorthernr

I think it should be extended every which way, ASAP. Would help solve a lot of the legroom issues in other parts of the ground. Clearly good for the atmosphere.

I think Nourry will as well. He went and sat/stood around the ground in the first half of last season before they broke cover on who he was and what job he was getting, and he said that was his favourite bit of the ground to be in. He’s got designs on picking up floating fans in London, like students at Imperial, and European fans here for Europa League games etc. When Freiberg were at West Ham I believe we even advertised our game that weekend on their website, programme, big screen etc, and loads of them turned up – that the week when we had random tannoy announcements in German telling them to stop doing weed etc. It’s the sort of good, creative, proactive thinking we need to be filling the place every week, long overdue and so far very well executed. Wrap around terrace and pumping atmosphere will only help with that – old school ground, stand up to watch, no VAR, positive forward thinking team with great manager, what’s not to like?

Credit those Loft Flags guys as well, they campaigned for it long and hard, got it, and have been as good as their word in pushing to make it work and build it up. Great effort on their part.
Safe standing on 14:23 - Jun 11 with 2965 viewsWatford_Ranger

Yes, yes and thrice yes. My dad hates it so I’ve held off buying a ST there for the games we go to together so it would be a real shame if it’s all STs. For me it’s brilliant.

How do you extend it though realistically? I don’t think they’ll move or scrap the family area though to me it’s wasted behind the goal (parents who sit there will disagree I’m sure). Maybe the rest of R block, maybe even a bit more of Ellerslie. Maybe even the Loft side of the Paddocks. Maybe the Lower School if they can get away with it being a permanently home area but looks like that’s not doable and becomes a bit of a millstone when we’re 16th and struggling to get 13000 in.
Safe standing on 15:37 - Jun 11 with 2821 viewsTonto

You could just put each block to a vote on whether they want it or not...

But lower SAR/ the Paddocks would.make sense to me. Most in the back row stand already.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Safe standing on 15:44 - Jun 11 with 2798 viewskingsburyR

The lower loft for me like the good old days.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Safe standing on 16:19 - Jun 11 with 2711 viewsLanhoop

Agreed, but Paddocks also has a disabled section so there are some limitations.
[Post edited 11 Jun 16:25]
Safe standing on 16:26 - Jun 11 with 2668 viewsthame_hoops

I’m 6’4” and I will block the person‘s view behind me. Because it’s allocated ‘seating’ it’s not like you can move easily. It’s because the drop isn’t as big as other grounds, like Spurs for instance, I stood and people behind could see.
Back in the days of old terracing, you could just move where you want if someone was blocking your view. I’m very conscious about this at Rangers.
Safe standing on 18:02 - Jun 11 with 2518 viewsWatford_Ranger

There was one spot left in the bit of the safe standing I like so treated myself. We’re the N Block, We’re the N Block.

When we’re 15th and the ground is half-empty I’ll go and sit upstairs with the old man.
Safe standing on 18:38 - Jun 11 with 2419 viewsNorthernr

Safe standing on 16:26 - Jun 11 by thame_hoops

I’m 6’4” and I will block the person‘s view behind me. Because it’s allocated ‘seating’ it’s not like you can move easily. It’s because the drop isn’t as big as other grounds, like Spurs for instance, I stood and people behind could see.
Back in the days of old terracing, you could just move where you want if someone was blocking your view. I’m very conscious about this at Rangers.

Do people not just move about regardless?
Login to get fewer ads

Safe standing on 19:31 - Jun 11 with 2324 viewsHunterhoop

Safe standing on 13:31 - Jun 11 by Northernr

I think it should be extended every which way, ASAP. Would help solve a lot of the legroom issues in other parts of the ground. Clearly good for the atmosphere.

I think Nourry will as well. He went and sat/stood around the ground in the first half of last season before they broke cover on who he was and what job he was getting, and he said that was his favourite bit of the ground to be in. He’s got designs on picking up floating fans in London, like students at Imperial, and European fans here for Europa League games etc. When Freiberg were at West Ham I believe we even advertised our game that weekend on their website, programme, big screen etc, and loads of them turned up – that the week when we had random tannoy announcements in German telling them to stop doing weed etc. It’s the sort of good, creative, proactive thinking we need to be filling the place every week, long overdue and so far very well executed. Wrap around terrace and pumping atmosphere will only help with that – old school ground, stand up to watch, no VAR, positive forward thinking team with great manager, what’s not to like?

Credit those Loft Flags guys as well, they campaigned for it long and hard, got it, and have been as good as their word in pushing to make it work and build it up. Great effort on their part.

Can we please have it in Pu, and why not Q, for that matter.

Almost everyone stands all game anyway. Offer people the chance to move or stay, or get their money back, but just force it through.

I have a couple of mates, as do other mates of mine, who attend the odd game every year (and aren’t Rangers) just because they can stand where we are and get into it. One mate went to more QPR games than Watford games last year, and he used to be a Watford ST. People like standing at football.
[Post edited 11 Jun 19:33]
Safe standing on 20:00 - Jun 11 with 2243 viewsNorthernr

Safe standing on 19:31 - Jun 11 by Hunterhoop

Can we please have it in Pu, and why not Q, for that matter.

Almost everyone stands all game anyway. Offer people the chance to move or stay, or get their money back, but just force it through.

I have a couple of mates, as do other mates of mine, who attend the odd game every year (and aren’t Rangers) just because they can stand where we are and get into it. One mate went to more QPR games than Watford games last year, and he used to be a Watford ST. People like standing at football.
[Post edited 11 Jun 19:33]

Seconded.
And could be a real selling point as the big clubs around us try and turn their grounds/matchdays into a footballing Universal Studios.
Safe standing on 20:38 - Jun 11 with 2139 viewsted_hendrix

Safe standing Is good apart from the fact that you can't do the pogo when we score in front of the loft, well not properly anyway.

I've done a few pogo's In my time.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Safe standing on 23:20 - Jun 11 with 1936 viewsdaveB

wouldn't it be too late now for next season as they are selling season tickets based on current layout of the stadium
Safe standing on 07:50 - Jun 12 with 1760 viewslondonscottish

Safe standing on 18:38 - Jun 11 by Northernr

No, not in my section. Same folks around me every game as before.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Safe standing on 07:58 - Jun 12 with 1742 viewslondonscottish

Safe standing on 14:23 - Jun 11 by Watford_Ranger

Yes, yes and thrice yes. My dad hates it so I’ve held off buying a ST there for the games we go to together so it would be a real shame if it’s all STs. For me it’s brilliant.

How do you extend it though realistically? I don’t think they’ll move or scrap the family area though to me it’s wasted behind the goal (parents who sit there will disagree I’m sure). Maybe the rest of R block, maybe even a bit more of Ellerslie. Maybe even the Loft side of the Paddocks. Maybe the Lower School if they can get away with it being a permanently home area but looks like that’s not doable and becomes a bit of a millstone when we’re 16th and struggling to get 13000 in.

I've been taking my kids for since they were 6 and, generally, avoided the family stand like the plague. I genuinely can't see the point of it, although others may disagree.

I did take a punt on getting STs in there when the rumour started about standing and, bingo, the following season it was done. I'd have been gutted it it had happened over on the other side though - sitting down bored looking at the pandemonium over on my right.......

Anyway, it's utterly transformed it from being the most shit parts of the ground by far to one of the very best.

More standing please.

Safe standing on 14:05 - Jun 12 with 1544 viewsrobith

When it first came in and it was a bit sparser you could - we even had pals from R block come and join us on a quiet Tuesday night. But now there's not huge amounts of space to, so usually stick to allocated seats
Safe standing on 14:43 - Jun 12 with 1456 viewsAntti_Heinola

as long as none of you oiks come in the SA Stand I coudn't give a monkeys.

Bare bones.

Safe standing on 18:12 - Jun 12 with 1297 viewssimmo

The paddocks are ripe for it, at least the Loft half anyway - don't see why you can't still have the disabled section at the front there. Q and X Block makes sense too, along with the School End. It's been a massive success and is the go-to for any of my non-QPR mates that go - so the more the better.

Reiterate the credit for the flag lads too, I was there at one of the forums when they said their bit and they've absolutely followed through with it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Safe standing on 19:05 - Jun 12 with 1226 viewslondonscottish

Safe standing on 18:12 - Jun 12 by simmo

The paddocks are ripe for it, at least the Loft half anyway - don't see why you can't still have the disabled section at the front there. Q and X Block makes sense too, along with the School End. It's been a massive success and is the go-to for any of my non-QPR mates that go - so the more the better.

Reiterate the credit for the flag lads too, I was there at one of the forums when they said their bit and they've absolutely followed through with it.

Yes flags; should have mentioned that, those guys deserve major credit.

Safe standing on 19:23 - Jun 12 with 1175 viewsPaddyhoops

Best thing to happen at Loftus road for years . I’m in N block and it’s transformed the atmosphere.
Got to know Lot more people as well as it more fluid to move around.
I’ve always hated sitting at football and even though I’m in my sixtieth year, I’m a sprightly one so looking forward to many more years there.
Safe standing on 07:05 - Jun 13 with 1027 viewslondonscottish

Safe standing on 19:23 - Jun 12 by Paddyhoops

Best thing to happen at Loftus road for years . I’m in N block and it’s transformed the atmosphere.
Got to know Lot more people as well as it more fluid to move around.
I’ve always hated sitting at football and even though I’m in my sixtieth year, I’m a sprightly one so looking forward to many more years there.

59 and no intention of sitting down any time soon.

Safe standing on 07:55 - Jun 13 with 961 viewsdaveB

Safe standing on 07:58 - Jun 12 by londonscottish

I've been taking my kids for since they were 6 and, generally, avoided the family stand like the plague. I genuinely can't see the point of it, although others may disagree.

I did take a punt on getting STs in there when the rumour started about standing and, bingo, the following season it was done. I'd have been gutted it it had happened over on the other side though - sitting down bored looking at the pandemonium over on my right.......

Anyway, it's utterly transformed it from being the most shit parts of the ground by far to one of the very best.

More standing please.

I sit in the shit part of the ground and it's far from shit imo
Majority of people there are the same people who were there before it became a family stand, you just a get a mix in now of people bringing their kids

Atmosphere is good in the family stand when we are doing well and crap when we're not. same as every other area of the stadium

If they are going to extend safe standing I'd do the whole of the Stan Bowles stand and the Q and P Blocks in the upper loft. That should be more than enough to cater for everyone
Safe standing on 08:08 - Jun 13 with 944 viewsHunterhoop

You could make a case for lots of parts of the ground.

But with the atmosphere in mind, with trying to not impact people who won’t be as favourable, and with doing something that is quicker and easier to do, just start with Pu and Q block, and anywhere in R block not already standing.

That gives you that whole corner all with safe standing. The atmosphere will only get better. You create a centre for it all (rather than separate sections) and that part of the game becomes a magnet for fans who want to stand and make noise.
Safe standing on 09:39 - Jun 13 with 855 viewsthame_hoops

as others said, when busy you can't move. I know im in the minority but im just conscious of blocking peoples view. as mentioned, at other grounds where its not retro-fitted, the step is steeper to allow for tall people!
Safe standing on 14:01 - Jun 13 with 682 viewsdaveB

Safe standing on 09:39 - Jun 13 by thame_hoops

as others said, when busy you can't move. I know im in the minority but im just conscious of blocking peoples view. as mentioned, at other grounds where its not retro-fitted, the step is steeper to allow for tall people!

idea is you stay in your seat just standing so if someone wants to stand at the back they buy a ticket there rather than turn up and be told to sit down the front like what happens at away games
Safe standing on 14:40 - Jun 13 with 632 viewsPaddyhoops

Had a mate from work with me in safe standing for the Preston game.
He’s a Liverpool fan from Cheshunt ( yeah I know.)
He absolutely loved it and was struck by the atmosphere and mostly by the abuse being meted out to the opposition players .
I remarked that this was part of our job as fans to make the opposition feel uncomfortable and make the place an absolute bear pit.
Let’s keep it that way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024