Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales 18:12 - Jul 2 with 448 viewsFlashberryjack

Labour to ban free refills, bogof and multibuy offers in Wales.
Commenting on a Labour Welsh Government draft regulation consultation wherein there are proposals to restrict the ability of retailers to offer free refills, buy one get one free and multibuy offers, Sam Rowlands MS, Welsh Conservative Shadow Health Minister said:

“Nanny state plans like these are a distraction from Labour’s atrocious NHS record here in Wales.

“These frankly over-the-top regulations will hit people in their pockets, exacerbating the cost of living for the poorest in society, yet Keir Starmer calls this his blueprint for Britain.

“While healthy eating is important, the Welsh Conservatives believe that you have a right to decide what you eat and drink. Clearly Labour do not.”

Thoughts ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 18:19 - Jul 2 with 421 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

They are simply a rag tag bunch of morons and ideologues.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 18:19 - Jul 2 with 421 viewsblackswan

Can't wait for the opportunity to vote the absolute tossers out
BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 18:22 - Jul 2 with 413 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.aberdareonline.co.uk/2024/07/02/voting-for-labour-again-on-thursday-

Argus!

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 18:27 - Jul 2 with 405 viewsmajorraglan

There’s a huge issue with obesity in the U.K. and health outcomes in Wales aren’t great, in some areas they’re amongst the worst in the U.K.

I listened to a dietician talk about this today and the impact obesity was having on the NHS so 8 can see some of the arguments, but equally people need to take a degree of ownership and responsibility. The Conservatives were looking to do something similar and tighten up on labelling etc but it got kicked in to the long grass a while ago, so it’s not just a WG. My personal view is that the WG should butt out, but there needs to be some kind of educational programme where kids are taught about nutrition etc in schools.
BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 18:30 - Jul 2 with 396 viewsBoundy

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 18:22 - Jul 2 by Wingstandwood

https://www.aberdareonline.co.uk/2024/07/02/voting-for-labour-again-on-thursday-

Cant argue with any of that , but I'm sure a few what abouts will soon be thrown about .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 18:34 - Jul 2 with 386 viewsBoundy

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 18:27 - Jul 2 by majorraglan

There’s a huge issue with obesity in the U.K. and health outcomes in Wales aren’t great, in some areas they’re amongst the worst in the U.K.

I listened to a dietician talk about this today and the impact obesity was having on the NHS so 8 can see some of the arguments, but equally people need to take a degree of ownership and responsibility. The Conservatives were looking to do something similar and tighten up on labelling etc but it got kicked in to the long grass a while ago, so it’s not just a WG. My personal view is that the WG should butt out, but there needs to be some kind of educational programme where kids are taught about nutrition etc in schools.

Maybe just maybe if the Senedd was more focussed on bringing jobs to Wales ( not just Cardiff) , good jobs paying decent money then maybe the parents could afford to buy decent food rather than the fast food cheap alternatives. But no their ideology is to keep the people poor and then blaming Westminster for all its ills.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 18:41 - Jul 2 with 371 viewsFlashberryjack

Last week they were telling us about thousands of children going hungry, this week they are telling us about 80% of children were obese, someone is telling porkies.

The next thing they'll be doing is banning fat people from food banks.

Hello

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 18:41 - Jul 2 with 371 viewsWingstandwood

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 18:30 - Jul 2 by Boundy

Cant argue with any of that , but I'm sure a few what abouts will soon be thrown about .

I'm 100% serious when I say this i.e. Labour could close Morriston Hospital without replacement and still people would blame the Tories.

Wales truly has the most unsophisticated-tribal electorate in the entire Western world.

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 18:46 - Jul 2 with 356 viewsmajorraglan

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 18:41 - Jul 2 by Flashberryjack

Last week they were telling us about thousands of children going hungry, this week they are telling us about 80% of children were obese, someone is telling porkies.

The next thing they'll be doing is banning fat people from food banks.

On the subject of food banks, don’t know if you’ve ever been to one but the packs they give out to service users follow guidance provided by expert dieticians, the packs are balanced with carbs, protein etc etc. The only thing food banks struggle with is fresh stuff.

When I was a youngster, we didn’t have the number or the size of the large people we have today.
BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 19:28 - Jul 2 with 332 viewsFlashberryjack

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 18:46 - Jul 2 by majorraglan

On the subject of food banks, don’t know if you’ve ever been to one but the packs they give out to service users follow guidance provided by expert dieticians, the packs are balanced with carbs, protein etc etc. The only thing food banks struggle with is fresh stuff.

When I was a youngster, we didn’t have the number or the size of the large people we have today.

"When I was a youngster, we didn’t have the number or the size of the large people we have today"

It was the same in my day, you ate what was on the table or you went hungry, no food banks back then, and I tell you what, we were a lot poorer (money wise) than people of today, but we lived within our means.

Hello

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 20:09 - Jul 2 with 306 viewsDr_Winston

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

C.S. Lewis.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 20:11 - Jul 2 with 305 viewsmax936

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 18:41 - Jul 2 by Wingstandwood

I'm 100% serious when I say this i.e. Labour could close Morriston Hospital without replacement and still people would blame the Tories.

Wales truly has the most unsophisticated-tribal electorate in the entire Western world.

Speaking for myself I've not voted for Labour in that many years that I can't even remember when I last did, I've no intention whatsofeckingever of doing so Thursday either.
Although, I'm not sure I'll vote at all, I grew up with Caroline as well

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 20:14 - Jul 2 with 301 viewsDr_Winston

I might actually vote Plaid.

Not because I agree with what they stand for, or because I think they will win. I'm seriously considering it because I've met their candidate for Swansea West a couple of times in his other job and he seems like a decent guy.

He's basically only standing because Labour parachuted that guy in and he feels quite strongly against it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 20:32 - Jul 2 with 261 viewsFlashberryjack

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not, try selling that one.

Hello

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 20:37 - Jul 2 with 251 viewsmax936

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 20:32 - Jul 2 by Flashberryjack

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you'd rather not, try selling that one.

The truth hurts Flash, I started cutting back, but bad habits are filtering back in, I like tasty grub etc and until I can change my mindset I'm stuck with it.
[Post edited 2 Jul 20:38]

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 20:44 - Jul 2 with 230 viewsLuther27

But when you do try to educate people as to how many calories are in a takeaway or restaurant menu by showing how many calories that meal contains there’s always a hand wringing charity appearance in the media saying how it has a negative impact on people with eating disorders.
Every food item shows calorie count if purchased in a supermarket as well so there’s no excuse when it comes to a lack of education. What there does appear to be is a lack of self control and a lack of personal accountability amongst our overindulgent population.
Stuff Labour and keep BOGOF!
BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 20:51 - Jul 2 with 222 viewsmax936

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 20:44 - Jul 2 by Luther27

But when you do try to educate people as to how many calories are in a takeaway or restaurant menu by showing how many calories that meal contains there’s always a hand wringing charity appearance in the media saying how it has a negative impact on people with eating disorders.
Every food item shows calorie count if purchased in a supermarket as well so there’s no excuse when it comes to a lack of education. What there does appear to be is a lack of self control and a lack of personal accountability amongst our overindulgent population.

What there does appear to be is a lack of self control and a lack of personal accountability amongst our overindulgent population.

This 100%

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 20:52 - Jul 2 with 221 viewsFlashberryjack

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 20:37 - Jul 2 by max936

The truth hurts Flash, I started cutting back, but bad habits are filtering back in, I like tasty grub etc and until I can change my mindset I'm stuck with it.
[Post edited 2 Jul 20:38]

Moderation is the way mate, easy to say I know.

Hello

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 20:58 - Jul 2 with 209 viewsmax936

BOG OFF to BOGOF offers in Wales on 20:52 - Jul 2 by Flashberryjack

Moderation is the way mate, easy to say I know.

I was full on doing that and believe it of not it made me ill, I had to come home from work one lunch time I felt that ill, lost a days work the following day as well cause I was up virtually all night, that went on for a week, saw two doctors at our surgery he gimme stuff that did F'all and the 2nd Doc sorted me out and I got better.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024