| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) 09:10 - May 8 with 27557 views | RochdaleAFC.com | https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/ If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar. |  | | |  |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 18:11 - May 13 with 2689 views | 442Dale | Not sure if it’s already been mentioned but the view of the equaliser behind the goal clearly shows Henderson fouling a defender whilst the ball is in the air. Would definitely have been ruled out by VAR but in the chaos nobody really noticed. |  |
|  |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 19:23 - May 13 with 2578 views | frenzied | Thought Mani was in no position to take a pen..he was a virtual passenger at the end of extra time due to cramp |  | |  |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 10:26 - May 14 with 2298 views | Dale_4_Life | I thought the Smith goal would be ruled out when Mani tangled with the BW defender.. The ball broke lovely into his path and a decent finish. There were no complaints though from the BW team. |  | |  |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 10:52 - May 14 with 2264 views | dingdangblue |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 10:26 - May 14 by Dale_4_Life | I thought the Smith goal would be ruled out when Mani tangled with the BW defender.. The ball broke lovely into his path and a decent finish. There were no complaints though from the BW team. |
To be fair to the ref he'd let an awful lot of the tussling between Mani D and Bush go all game - it would've been extremely harsh for him to give that one as a foul. The Henderson barge into the back of the defender was so risky and stupid - if that had been spotted and given then we lose the game. After York the football God's certainly shone on us at Wembley for once. |  |
|  |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 14:13 - May 14 with 2120 views | jonahwhereru | Have had a few moments that seem like out of body, where I look and we haven’t one. I must be suffering some disbelief syndrome. But I’m more than happy to live with it, because it will be gone for good a the kick off of next season. UTD |  | |  |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 14:41 - May 14 with 2055 views | TalkingSutty |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 14:13 - May 14 by jonahwhereru | Have had a few moments that seem like out of body, where I look and we haven’t one. I must be suffering some disbelief syndrome. But I’m more than happy to live with it, because it will be gone for good a the kick off of next season. UTD |
I'm actually a lot more elated and relieved about this promotion than i was for the previous two under Keith Hill, not sure why. It feels like the end of a long journey and the start of a new chapter for the Club. |  | |  |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 15:53 - May 14 with 1902 views | samueloneils | Think it was the "so near and yet so far" with the thought that one little slip might have cost us. Those extra time goals over the last few games were a nightmare . I didn`t believe we were still in the frame at Wembley until my 13 year-old granddaughter assured me we were going to win. |  | |  |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 17:12 - May 14 with 1769 views | Cedar_Room |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 14:41 - May 14 by TalkingSutty | I'm actually a lot more elated and relieved about this promotion than i was for the previous two under Keith Hill, not sure why. It feels like the end of a long journey and the start of a new chapter for the Club. |
The only moment I can compare this promotion to is the 2010 promotion - which was the first in my lifetime and finally broke the curse of nearly 40 years in the Rochdale division. Hugely emotional and hugely significant. A moment I had thought I may never see. But, if people remember, the way we went up ended up being slightly disappointing. We had dominated the league and had been top for most of the season. We were looking at, not just going up, but going up as Champions and winning that first ever trophy. We needed one win to go up as early as 7 games remaining. So we traipsed down to Torquay to witness the historic moment only to get stuffed 5-0. We eventually did it against Northampton, but we then lost all of the remaining 4 games, including what was billed as a possible title deciding clash against Notts County featuring the disgraced Lee Hughes. In the end we couldn’t even manage second, and only went up in 3rd place. Our form over the last 10 games was 2 wins, 1 draw, 7 defeats. One of the worst runs of form we’d seen in decades. This time around - there’s nothing like that. We end the season on an enormous high, getting our first ever trophy and putting an end to perhaps the darkest period in the club’s history. I do think this promotion, even though a lower division, might beat those others under Hilly. |  | |  | Login to get fewer ads
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 18:03 - May 14 with 1693 views | TalkingSutty |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 17:12 - May 14 by Cedar_Room | The only moment I can compare this promotion to is the 2010 promotion - which was the first in my lifetime and finally broke the curse of nearly 40 years in the Rochdale division. Hugely emotional and hugely significant. A moment I had thought I may never see. But, if people remember, the way we went up ended up being slightly disappointing. We had dominated the league and had been top for most of the season. We were looking at, not just going up, but going up as Champions and winning that first ever trophy. We needed one win to go up as early as 7 games remaining. So we traipsed down to Torquay to witness the historic moment only to get stuffed 5-0. We eventually did it against Northampton, but we then lost all of the remaining 4 games, including what was billed as a possible title deciding clash against Notts County featuring the disgraced Lee Hughes. In the end we couldn’t even manage second, and only went up in 3rd place. Our form over the last 10 games was 2 wins, 1 draw, 7 defeats. One of the worst runs of form we’d seen in decades. This time around - there’s nothing like that. We end the season on an enormous high, getting our first ever trophy and putting an end to perhaps the darkest period in the club’s history. I do think this promotion, even though a lower division, might beat those others under Hilly. |
Agree with that. Winning promotion at Wembley was the ultimate for me. McNulty will go down in history for that and if we point the finger at him when things go wrong then he deserves full credit for this particular promotion. Even Hill didn't win a trophy and he didn't win at Wembley. |  | |  |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 18:38 - May 14 with 1593 views | DevonDale |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 18:03 - May 14 by TalkingSutty | Agree with that. Winning promotion at Wembley was the ultimate for me. McNulty will go down in history for that and if we point the finger at him when things go wrong then he deserves full credit for this particular promotion. Even Hill didn't win a trophy and he didn't win at Wembley. |
And I don't buy this " there were only 17,000 at Wembley - it was empty - play it elsewhere" narrative. It was a fantastic day out for fans and players (I know I wouldn't be saying that if we'd lost), and even though the stadium was only 20% full it was also a superb atmosphere. |  | |  |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 19:01 - May 14 with 1539 views | TalkingSutty |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 18:38 - May 14 by DevonDale | And I don't buy this " there were only 17,000 at Wembley - it was empty - play it elsewhere" narrative. It was a fantastic day out for fans and players (I know I wouldn't be saying that if we'd lost), and even though the stadium was only 20% full it was also a superb atmosphere. |
Best day of my Dale supporting life by a long way and that was because it all happened at Wembley. |  | |  |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 19:11 - May 14 with 1493 views | James1980 |
| Refwatch - Rochdale v Boreham Wood (Playoff-final) on 18:38 - May 14 by DevonDale | And I don't buy this " there were only 17,000 at Wembley - it was empty - play it elsewhere" narrative. It was a fantastic day out for fans and players (I know I wouldn't be saying that if we'd lost), and even though the stadium was only 20% full it was also a superb atmosphere. |
Given the choice between playing for and potentially lifting a trophy at Wembley or say Villa Park (Half way between Rochdale and Borehamwood) I'd confidently say the majority of the squads would have said the former |  |
|  |
| |