Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... 19:43 - Jan 3 with 3992 viewscanary

Not coming here to cause trouble...
just 2 points:

a) no way was JB's 'challenge' (for want of a better word) worthy of a red, not even a yellow
b) a very even game, i feel that QPR might have gone on to win the game had it not been for the red.

Please dont assume that all Norwich fans support the 'antics' of Brad Johnson.
Thanks.
So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 19:47 - Jan 3 with 3163 viewsBlackCrowe

You are welcome here Canary. For what it's worth thought I thought we'd actually hold on the point and then that triple substitute gave your lot renewed impetus and invention and a goal was inevitable. - smart management.

But 3 points aside, it must feel like a pretty tainted victory.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 19:47 - Jan 3 with 3154 viewsWeaverQPR

the sky is blue

@WeavQPR

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 19:49 - Jan 3 with 3127 viewscanary

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 19:47 - Jan 3 by WeaverQPR

the sky is blue

Both teams will stay up easily. I have seen 3 worse teams this season-

Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn.
So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 19:50 - Jan 3 with 3113 viewsBazWoT

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 19:51 - Jan 3 with 3106 viewsNeil_SI

Fair play to you.

While there are plenty who have been irritated by Norwich over the years, as a fan, I would have been happy with that performance away from home. You kept your shape and your discipline well, looked assured with your roles and responsibilities on the pitch, and ultimately took your chances.

You didn't ever really try to exploit the extra man though, mainly because we actually played pretty well with ten, and it never really looked like we had ten, but you kept lots of width throughout and in the end, stretched the play and eventually found the space for the cross for Steve Morison to score.

Sure, there wasn't many frills with your performance, but at the end of the day, the referee is the man who sent off Joey Barton, and you can only deal with what's in front of you afterwards and it's the points that count.
So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 19:57 - Jan 3 with 3058 viewsBazWoT

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 19:51 - Jan 3 by Neil_SI

Fair play to you.

While there are plenty who have been irritated by Norwich over the years, as a fan, I would have been happy with that performance away from home. You kept your shape and your discipline well, looked assured with your roles and responsibilities on the pitch, and ultimately took your chances.

You didn't ever really try to exploit the extra man though, mainly because we actually played pretty well with ten, and it never really looked like we had ten, but you kept lots of width throughout and in the end, stretched the play and eventually found the space for the cross for Steve Morison to score.

Sure, there wasn't many frills with your performance, but at the end of the day, the referee is the man who sent off Joey Barton, and you can only deal with what's in front of you afterwards and it's the points that count.

Kept their discipline well, do me a favour!!!

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 20:00 - Jan 3 with 3032 viewsNorthernr

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 19:57 - Jan 3 by BazWoT

Of course they did. They worked out very quickly who to wind up and what they would get free kicks for and executed it perfectly.
So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 20:00 - Jan 3 with 3029 viewsJamie

Fair play to you.

Id have been gutted if we'd played like Norwich away from home in all honesty.

For the vast majority of the game we were the only side who looked like scoring.

The equalizer was a great strike that wasnt closed down because we'd gone so deep after Barton was sent off, and the winner was a result of tired players not closing down and the 11th man Morison being left all alone.

11 v 11, we wouldve won by 2 or 3.
Login to get fewer ads

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 20:02 - Jan 3 with 3020 viewsNeil_SI

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 19:57 - Jan 3 by BazWoT

I meant from a pure footballing perspective, in terms of their shape and that they never got over excited with the extra man. They never over committed and just maintained sensible shape and width at all times.
So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 20:06 - Jan 3 with 2983 viewswestolian

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 20:02 - Jan 3 by Neil_SI

I meant from a pure footballing perspective, in terms of their shape and that they never got over excited with the extra man. They never over committed and just maintained sensible shape and width at all times.

Agreed

Derry was far too slow to shut down pilkington and I thought he was on the line for the 2nd (I might be wrong) when he should have been knocking around the penalty spot - where Morrison scored from !!!!

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 20:06 - Jan 3 with 2980 viewsbosh67

Fair play for the comments Canary.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 20:11 - Jan 3 with 2951 viewsNeil_SI

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 20:00 - Jan 3 by Jamie

Id have been gutted if we'd played like Norwich away from home in all honesty.

For the vast majority of the game we were the only side who looked like scoring.

The equalizer was a great strike that wasnt closed down because we'd gone so deep after Barton was sent off, and the winner was a result of tired players not closing down and the 11th man Morison being left all alone.

11 v 11, we wouldve won by 2 or 3.

I'm not sure I agree with that. We started a little tentatively and probably just about on balance, scored against the run of play. From that point, we got back into the game and the match was being played in a safe manner by both teams, who were feeling each other out and working out whether to 'go' for it or wait it out.

From our perspective, everything was good, and we had no reason to be overly worried about anything. Then Barton got sent off and that obviously changed things a little bit. We still did well, but conceded two soft goals in the end. The latter, was probably just from having one man less really, but when the cross came in, we had an awful long time to deal with the crosser and didn't. It's a bad habit we have, we've got to do better with stopping crosses, but at the same time, I'm not going to beat the team up about it having played so bravely with a man down for so long, and having played just 48 hours earlier.

I think had Barton got sent off, there was more chance it would have simply ended 1-0 rather than us going on to get two or three, though obviously, you can never quite tell what will happen.

Simeone Jackson should have done a lot better with his effort in the first half that we let him have as well, which happened before the sending off. Apart from the goal aside, we never really had another chance like that, other than Taarabt's free kick and struggled to open them up, and obviously that's more difficult with ten.
So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 20:13 - Jan 3 with 2932 viewsJamie

Exactly, we were comfortable 11 v 11 and took the lead by playing our football and passing it around them.

With SWP and Macheda coming on in the second half we'd have got a couple more.
So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 20:24 - Jan 3 with 2863 viewsGloucs_R

I thought Norwich domianted the first 10 mins, until we scored.
Their first goal was a cracker.
I think a draw would have been a fair result.

Poll: Are we staying up?

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 21:09 - Jan 3 with 2709 viewsted_hendrix

I thought norwich were a bunch of thugs who discovered that they had a weak and incompetent referee officiating the game, the only thing norwich did was manipulate the referee and use his lack of judgement their advantage.

I'm still waiting for that minge lamberts comments on Barton's sending off, no more of this "I didn't see the incident shit" the whole bastard worlds seen It now.

fck norwich

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 21:18 - Jan 3 with 2664 viewsjonno

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 21:09 - Jan 3 by ted_hendrix

I thought norwich were a bunch of thugs who discovered that they had a weak and incompetent referee officiating the game, the only thing norwich did was manipulate the referee and use his lack of judgement their advantage.

I'm still waiting for that minge lamberts comments on Barton's sending off, no more of this "I didn't see the incident shit" the whole bastard worlds seen It now.

fck norwich

He will be more than happy with the sending off, as that was what they obviously planned for and it gave them the three points. Those tactics will have come from the
manager, the players themselves don't decide to target an individual player between themselves. You won't find him making any comment on it though - he doesn't need to, he's got the three points and that's all that counts.
So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 07:50 - Jan 4 with 2442 viewsstowmarketrange

Fair play to you.

So you don't think Holt had any part to play in the red card being shown then?He didn't run straight over to the linesman pointing the finger at him?Then once he'd convinced the ref to show the red card,he goes all apologetic and says "don't send him off".
The man is a cheat,and a disgrace as a captain,but Barton should have known better than fall into their trap.
So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 08:23 - Jan 4 with 2400 viewsSuperhoops2808

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 07:50 - Jan 4 by stowmarketrange

So you don't think Holt had any part to play in the red card being shown then?He didn't run straight over to the linesman pointing the finger at him?Then once he'd convinced the ref to show the red card,he goes all apologetic and says "don't send him off".
The man is a cheat,and a disgrace as a captain,but Barton should have known better than fall into their trap.

If you watch back, the referee didnt stop play until Barton had his legs taken away AFTER the head to head incident. The referee then went over to the linesman and it is at this point that Holt went over to the linesman pointing his finger because he was worried it would in fact be the Norwich player that would get sent off, and NOT Barton.
Even Barton admitted after the game that Holt had indeed suggested to the ref he had got it wrong by producing a red card.

Dont get me wrong, I hate Holt as much as the next QPR supporter but on this occasion the main cheat was Johnson!!
So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 08:53 - Jan 4 with 2353 views00calben

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 20:00 - Jan 3 by Northernr

Of course they did. They worked out very quickly who to wind up and what they would get free kicks for and executed it perfectly.

Which is exactly why i have no sympathy for Barton. He should never captain the Club again IMO
So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 09:02 - Jan 4 with 2331 viewsWatford_Ranger

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 08:53 - Jan 4 by 00calben

Which is exactly why i have no sympathy for Barton. He should never captain the Club again IMO

Why? The bloke has played well in the last three games and in all of those games has set a reasonable example too. It's not his fault the Norwich players were given carte blanche to kick him to pieces nor is it his fault a referee guessed that he headbutted someone that he didn't headbutt.

He even gave Norwich the free kick after Bennett hacked Barton down to stop the game.
So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 09:06 - Jan 4 with 2320 viewsRs_Holy

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 21:09 - Jan 3 by ted_hendrix

fck norwich

Spot on Ted.
Norwich's tactics are very similar to Readings. ie Play to the limits of the rules and often beyond them and if the ref is a bit clueless keep pushing the boundaries.
Its amazing how often they both get away it (especially against QPR) and it results in 2 things.
1. Opposition players (ours in this case) getting really wound up by the constant fouls.... and eventually "reacting".
2. Fans (us in this case) getting really fed up and wondering why we bothered to part with good money to watch this pantomime?
I suppose the big difference between norwich and reading is we seem to beat reading even when we only have 10 men.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 11:36 - Jan 4 with 2108 viewswestberksr

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 08:23 - Jan 4 by Superhoops2808

If you watch back, the referee didnt stop play until Barton had his legs taken away AFTER the head to head incident. The referee then went over to the linesman and it is at this point that Holt went over to the linesman pointing his finger because he was worried it would in fact be the Norwich player that would get sent off, and NOT Barton.
Even Barton admitted after the game that Holt had indeed suggested to the ref he had got it wrong by producing a red card.

Dont get me wrong, I hate Holt as much as the next QPR supporter but on this occasion the main cheat was Johnson!!

+1

the caant that hacked Barton was Holt's initial concern; he should have got the straight red.
So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 13:04 - Jan 4 with 1976 viewskingo

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 09:06 - Jan 4 by Rs_Holy

Spot on Ted.
Norwich's tactics are very similar to Readings. ie Play to the limits of the rules and often beyond them and if the ref is a bit clueless keep pushing the boundaries.
Its amazing how often they both get away it (especially against QPR) and it results in 2 things.
1. Opposition players (ours in this case) getting really wound up by the constant fouls.... and eventually "reacting".
2. Fans (us in this case) getting really fed up and wondering why we bothered to part with good money to watch this pantomime?
I suppose the big difference between norwich and reading is we seem to beat reading even when we only have 10 men.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Spot on, it is a 'tactic' that unfortunately works and therefore we be utilised by what the media call the 'canny' managers.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 13:23 - Jan 4 with 1933 viewswestolian

When Barton was hacked down and play was stopped, did we get the free kick - can't remember now

At that point the ref should have booked / sent off Johnson for the "retaliatory" challenge - he went for the man, without question !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 14:18 - Jan 4 with 1853 viewswestberksr

So I went to Loftus Road yesterday...... on 13:23 - Jan 4 by westolian

When Barton was hacked down and play was stopped, did we get the free kick - can't remember now

At that point the ref should have booked / sent off Johnson for the "retaliatory" challenge - he went for the man, without question !

no, Six Fingers Utd got a free kick; about 15 seconds of the game disappeared into a vortex (otherwise known as up the ref's arse) and we were left with 10 men.

I've sussed it; Norwich can't have players sent off as it is against the evolution of Norfolk. They don't do 10's; fingers, toes or footballers
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024