Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy 17:16 - Jan 14 with 2853 viewsNewbury_Dale

Utter rubbish. Has Jordan signed permanently ? I sincerely hope not.
Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 17:23 - Jan 14 with 2791 viewsDaleFan7

Unfortunately I think he has.
Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 17:25 - Jan 14 with 2763 views442Dale

Jordan's here on an 18 month deal I think it said.

He's a good footballer but all his career he's made poor decisions that have led to goals. Not a long term centre half, not a full back who can deal with a good winger (see the MK Dons goals).

Holden, despite his admirable commitment isn't good enough anymore. Especially at right back.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 17:26 - Jan 14 with 2745 viewsisitme

I don't agree about Jordan.

It was Holness' bad pass, Holden dived in and it went through the keeper for the first goal. He was also not at fault for the two goals scored by their right back you was not tracked. Not surprised that this a happened when you have for centre forwards on the pitch for the second half.

I still do not understand why Darby was dropped and why we have signed Byrne and David if their are not in with a chance of playing.

Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 17:28 - Jan 14 with 2728 viewsNewbury_Dale

Holness is well out of his depth at this level without Dawson alongside.
Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 17:31 - Jan 14 with 2697 viewsBeechy

I don't agree about Holden. He may not be able to do the job at full back anymore, but I for one, know he can do a better job than Holness. Hill got the 'best' out of him, and that wasn't reliable every week.

He's nothing, without Dawson.
Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 17:41 - Jan 14 with 2652 viewsRalphs12

If Holden is going to play it has to be at centre half. He will put his body on the line unlike jordan, whose abit too flash for his own good.

How many defenders have we actually got now

Holness
Holden
Jordan
Widdow
Twaddle
David
Byrne
Amankwaah

Darby

Any more?
Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 17:45 - Jan 14 with 2621 views442Dale

Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 17:31 - Jan 14 by Beechy

I don't agree about Holden. He may not be able to do the job at full back anymore, but I for one, know he can do a better job than Holness. Hill got the 'best' out of him, and that wasn't reliable every week.

That may be the case but he was reliable every week last season, for whatever reason.

Eyre came in and immediately told us Holness shouldn't be playing on the left and the defence wasn't big enough. Shocking man management before we even started.

Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's l on 17:49 - Jan 14 with 2608 viewsdannyuk

Holden and Jordan were starting to form a decent partnership. If darby isn't available at right back play holness there not in the middle, he isn't good enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 17:50 - Jan 14 with 2587 viewsMattDalemon

laughable, people were saying on here before Christmas how important it was to get Jordan signed up permanentl. Some right clowns on here
Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 17:54 - Jan 14 with 2579 viewsupthedale

Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 17:41 - Jan 14 by Ralphs12

If Holden is going to play it has to be at centre half. He will put his body on the line unlike jordan, whose abit too flash for his own good.

Holness
Holden
Jordan
Widdow
Twaddle
David
Byrne
Amankwaah

Darby

Any more?

There were quite a few times were Jordan threw himself in front of shots during the game and I think he's a good player, I doubt he'd have got in the team a year ago but right now I'll take the best that we can get!

With Holness, I think he's a good player, although I think everyone is agreed he's not as good as when Dawson was the other central defender. I think Holness sometimes gets an unfair appraisal because, for whatever reason (may be Holness calling for it admitedly), midfielders seems to pass it to him when he's under pressure from an attacker, and he then makes the mistakes.
Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 17:54 - Jan 14 with 2570 views442Dale

Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 17:50 - Jan 14 by MattDalemon

laughable, people were saying on here before Christmas how important it was to get Jordan signed up permanentl. Some right clowns on here

At least we've not seen anyone posting tactics before a game yet!

Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 18:20 - Jan 14 with 2529 viewsTVOS1907

Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 17:50 - Jan 14 by MattDalemon

Were they? How many people?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 21:24 - Jan 14 with 2391 viewsBeechball

Holness
Holden
Jordan
Widdow
Twaddle
David
Byrne
Amankwaah

Darby

Any more?

Yeah I must admit I was pretty impressed with that diving headed clearance by Holden at 1-5 down.
The worst players today were actually Hill's leftovers - Adams, Thompson and Widdowson ( who I suspect wanted to be sent off ) didnt look interested from the first minute.
Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 21:42 - Jan 14 with 2352 viewsClivert

Holness
Holden
Jordan
Widdow
Twaddle
David
Byrne
Amankwaah

Darby

Any more?

Who is this Twaddle bloke???

I've only been to recent home games but I thought that Jordan had been decent for us, today he was terrible though - the amount of misplaced passes from him you wouldn't expect from a pub player tomorrow morning.
Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 21:49 - Jan 14 with 2330 viewsRotherhamDale

Holden is a terrible excuse of a footballer.
Can't run, goes to ground at every chance possible, can't pass or control the ball, and finally, his hair is silly.

Possession with progression.

Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 00:24 - Jan 15 with 2259 viewspl56

Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 17:31 - Jan 14 by Beechy

Would like to see him have the chance to play with a proper centre half though !
Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 00:42 - Jan 15 with 2236 views442Dale

Watching them again, Holden's defending for the first two goals was poor.

Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 00:51 - Jan 15 with 2229 viewsNotEyreClue

Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 00:42 - Jan 15 by 442Dale

Watching them again, Holden's defending for the first two goals was poor.

Agreed. The pulling on Holden's shirt however for the first goal was absolutely blatent. Whilst we're on that subject, I'm sure we get given the worst refs in the division every week..yet another useless overweight mong today

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Holden and Jordan - Steve Eyre's legacy on 15:34 - Jan 15 with 2073 viewsSaxonDale

Have only seen Holden at Walsall away and could clearly see (as many others had pointed out) that he is nowhere near league 1 standard playing right back. He's far too slow meaning whenever the opposition realise he's out of position then we get targeted down that side. Beech should move Jordan 10 yards up the pitch and play him as a defensive mid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024