Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Chairman dropped Us In It... 17:41 - Jan 14 with 8297 viewsMattDalemon

..when he sacked Eyre. Results weren't brilliant but we were going in the right direction. The players were behind him and the team spirit was good despite all the ridiculous rumours. Today was as bad as anything in the last 20 years and we are only going in one direction.
To get in a manager whose only brief was to keep us in league 1 and then push the panic button after half a season was ridiculous. Beech is worse and hasn't got the backing of at least half the squad who are completely disillusioned with what has gone on.
League 2 here we come, probably by the end of February.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:43 - Jan 14 with 3767 viewsRalphs12

I expected this post after the Hartlepool game.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:45 - Jan 14 with 3713 viewsisitme

I have to agree about Eyre. Look at the results and performances since he left. Today was worse than any game under Eyre and last week was almost as bad. Eyre had brought Jordan in and defensively we were becoming a bit tighter. In Eyre's last game we hammered Yeovil and with a bit of luck we could have won by 4/5 goals.

Under Beech we have looked less likely to create chances and have shipped 8 goals in the last two games. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:45 - Jan 14 with 3706 views1907

What planet are you on seriously? Things were awful under Eyre but they are currently worse under Beech! Do not kid yourself that things would have changed under Eyre because they most certainly wouldn't. We need a PROPER manager in place by the middle of this week.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:48 - Jan 14 with 3659 viewsisitme

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:45 - Jan 14 by 1907

What planet are you on seriously? Things were awful under Eyre but they are currently worse under Beech! Do not kid yourself that things would have changed under Eyre because they most certainly wouldn't. We need a PROPER manager in place by the middle of this week.

I stand by my comments. Look at the games we have had under Beech. We should have been able to pick up 6 points and we have two. The last two games have been routs and it is not as if we were playing any on the big teams.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:48 - Jan 14 with 3656 viewsMattDalemon

It isn't going to happen though is it ??
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:49 - Jan 14 with 3641 views1907

Eyre had to go.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:50 - Jan 14 with 3615 views442Dale

Predictable.

Eyre recruited an unbalanced squad, Beech hasn't been able to deal with it yet either.

Eyre had not tightened up the defence, we conceded 9 goals in 5 league games after he brought in Holden and Jordan.

Edit: and how exactly does any fan know who and who isn't behind the current manager already?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:51 - Jan 14 with 3610 viewscornishdale

what?!!!?!!!!?!!!!?!!!
I bet some of the Eyre brigade are loving it at the moment. It was inconsiderate for the board to sack Eyre when he only needed another month to have at least another 3 bust ups with players, play maybe a centre forward at centre half, concede umpteen amount of goals and once just once maybe hit the post. Oh and his amazing insights into what happened during a game. Dale were unlucky had the better of the green, everything is coming together and the future potential of the team is breathtaking. Eyre no thankyou.
Login to get fewer ads

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:52 - Jan 14 with 3589 viewspearlstreet1

Can't agree more.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:54 - Jan 14 with 3569 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:48 - Jan 14 by isitme

I stand by my comments. Look at the games we have had under Beech. We should have been able to pick up 6 points and we have two. The last two games have been routs and it is not as if we were playing any on the big teams.

As Walsall could have been if they had anybody who could head the ball!

Yoevil was not a sacking result or performance.

The players are playing as though they are gutted at his sacking, which says it all really.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:57 - Jan 14 with 3532 viewsjudd

The chairman dropped us in it by appointing Eyre in the first place.

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:58 - Jan 14 with 3518 views442Dale

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:54 - Jan 14 by SteTsGoldenBoot

As Walsall could have been if they had anybody who could head the ball!

Yoevil was not a sacking result or performance.

The players are playing as though they are gutted at his sacking, which says it all really.

Yeovil may not have been a sacking performance, but the recruitment, inability to address problem areas and results were.

Beech is a whole different conversation. The problem is the lack of clear info on his position, the man himself talks as though it's his job when he should be quite clearly on trial, "his to lose" remember?

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:00 - Jan 14 with 3486 viewsKenBoon

Eyre had to go. He was tactically clueless on match days. I don't care how happy the players were, he wasn't capable of managing the team from the bench. His recruitment left a lot to be desired too.
Also Stevenage are 6th in the league and have given some 'big' teams a few seeings to this season. We also played with 10 men for nearly 30 minutes.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:02 - Jan 14 with 3474 viewsisitme

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:58 - Jan 14 by 442Dale

Yeovil may not have been a sacking performance, but the recruitment, inability to address problem areas and results were.

Beech is a whole different conversation. The problem is the lack of clear info on his position, the man himself talks as though it's his job when he should be quite clearly on trial, "his to lose" remember?

Under Beech it has got worse.

Performances have got worse and we started the second half with 4 centre forwards on the pitch. Then guess what their right back gets forward unmarked and scores twice.

He then takes Kennedy off who has been our best player. We have signed more defenders and strikers when we need wide players.

We appear to have regressed than progressed.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:03 - Jan 14 with 3464 viewsfirgrovedale51

How many games has Beech been in charge compared to Eyre. Eyre started this mess Beech has inherited it , The two games against Walsall and Preston we looked a happier team more confidence and a will to win , I did not see Harlepool but today was very bad , the decision niot to give a foul for the first goal did not help
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:04 - Jan 14 with 3440 views442Dale

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:02 - Jan 14 by isitme

Performances have got worse and we started the second half with 4 centre forwards on the pitch. Then guess what their right back gets forward unmarked and scores twice.

He then takes Kennedy off who has been our best player. We have signed more defenders and strikers when we need wide players.

Can't argue with much of that.

But talking about whether Eyre would have done better is now pointless for everyone. Based on experience, he wasn't up to the job.

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:08 - Jan 14 with 3404 viewsfirgrovedale51

I do not think it could get worse than when Eyre was in charge he most certainlyb started the rot. I wonder what Akpro has done wrong, a player that wins the ball in the air ,holds up the ball , brings players into play , puts his foot in and makes things happen yet can not get a game when Adams and Thompson does , Thompson has to go he has had more than enough chances.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:11 - Jan 14 with 3376 viewsYouTubeDale

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:58 - Jan 14 by 442Dale

At the moment I think he is losing it. In a way I felt sorry for him today because Stevenage were a very very good team BUT we should have done much better. The Tranmere match will tell us even more about Beech. A poor performance and he could easily lose it all together.I hope he pulls it around. If not, we need Coleman to steady the ship.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:12 - Jan 14 with 3355 viewsisitme

You may not believe it, but it has.

JLLA has had plenty of opportunities but he is too inconsistent. Yes he works hard and will produce a fancy trick but he struggles with 'the bread and butter'. It is Beech who has brought Thompson back into the fold.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:15 - Jan 14 with 3319 viewsfirgrovedale51

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:11 - Jan 14 by YouTubeDale

At the moment I think he is losing it. In a way I felt sorry for him today because Stevenage were a very very good team BUT we should have done much better. The Tranmere match will tell us even more about Beech. A poor performance and he could easily lose it all together.I hope he pulls it around. If not, we need Coleman to steady the ship.

I do not think Stevenage are a good team , they are a team of big strong bullies who pushed us off the ball al over the pitch . Oh yes that is somthing Akpro does he satnds up for himself and gets stuck in!!
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:17 - Jan 14 with 3289 viewsdalenumber2

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:12 - Jan 14 by isitme

JLLA has had plenty of opportunities but he is too inconsistent. Yes he works hard and will produce a fancy trick but he struggles with 'the bread and butter'. It is Beech who has brought Thompson back into the fold.

Disagree about JLAA - I think he is a huge talent and still developing. I would like to see him feature much more, I think he could be an important part of our revival if he is managed properly.
As for Thompson, I cringe when I hear the abuse he gets from some quarters - it is undeserved a lot of the time. However he has had a lot of time to prove his worth and I haven't really seen much improvement. I would loan him out and see what happens.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:17 - Jan 14 with 3282 viewsRalphs12

There a team that kept it simple and played with passion. You cant ask for more than that in football.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:19 - Jan 14 with 3260 viewsfirgrovedale51

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:12 - Jan 14 by isitme

Akpro while not being the best footballer in the world he is twice the player Thompson is , he is physical and makes things happen he gives us effort again something Thompson does not do.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:21 - Jan 14 with 3242 viewsisitme

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:17 - Jan 14 by dalenumber2

Disagree about JLAA - I think he is a huge talent and still developing. I would like to see him feature much more, I think he could be an important part of our revival if he is managed properly.
As for Thompson, I cringe when I hear the abuse he gets from some quarters - it is undeserved a lot of the time. However he has had a lot of time to prove his worth and I haven't really seen much improvement. I would loan him out and see what happens.

As with JT I would say that their has been no improvement in JLAA and this season he has had ample opportunities.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:23 - Jan 14 with 3221 viewsBrierls

Just because Wilson wears the no2 shirt doesn't mean he's a right back!!! If you think he played at right back then the rest of your post really doesn't warrant a response!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024