Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Chairman dropped Us In It... 17:41 - Jan 14 with 8302 viewsMattDalemon

..when he sacked Eyre. Results weren't brilliant but we were going in the right direction. The players were behind him and the team spirit was good despite all the ridiculous rumours. Today was as bad as anything in the last 20 years and we are only going in one direction.
To get in a manager whose only brief was to keep us in league 1 and then push the panic button after half a season was ridiculous. Beech is worse and hasn't got the backing of at least half the squad who are completely disillusioned with what has gone on.
League 2 here we come, probably by the end of February.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:23 - Jan 14 with 1661 viewsfirgrovedale51

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:21 - Jan 14 by isitme

As with JT I would say that their has been no improvement in JLAA and this season he has had ample opportunities.

The fact is he does more than Thompson Jack the kit man would more than Thompson.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:25 - Jan 14 with 1645 viewsisitme

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:23 - Jan 14 by Brierls

Just because Wilson wears the no2 shirt doesn't mean he's a right back!!! If you think he played at right back then the rest of your post really doesn't warrant a response!

Even if he was playing further forward. Having Ormerod on the left of midfield left Widdowson horribly exposed.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:26 - Jan 14 with 1635 viewsrich_dale

Under Eyre there were changes from week to week between games, during games, different formations, players coming in / going out all the time - this is still continuing and is one of the biggest reasons behind the failings of the season.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:33 - Jan 14 with 1603 viewsYouTubeDale

JT is a decent League 2 player. He played ok, not brilliantly, against Walsall. But against better opposition he is out of his depth. Perhaps we will value him more next season if we take the drop.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:35 - Jan 14 with 1584 viewsfirgrovedale51

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:33 - Jan 14 by YouTubeDale

JT is a decent League 2 player. He played ok, not brilliantly, against Walsall. But against better opposition he is out of his depth. Perhaps we will value him more next season if we take the drop.

He was absolute s**te against Walsall
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:38 - Jan 14 with 1570 viewsD_Alien

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:33 - Jan 14 by YouTubeDale

JT has never played "brilliantly"

He had a pretty good first half against Bradford away in the promotion season, and he got himself on the end of some chances the same season when we were creating them for fun

But in a L1 relegation dogfight, he's a much use as dogshite
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:39 - Jan 14 with 1552 viewsSuddenLad

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:38 - Jan 14 by D_Alien

JT has never played "brilliantly"

He had a pretty good first half against Bradford away in the promotion season, and he got himself on the end of some chances the same season when we were creating them for fun

But in a L1 relegation dogfight, he's a much use as dogshite

"But in a L1 relegation dogfight, he's a much use as dogshite"

But still a lot better than some of the other players wearing a Dale shirt.........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:41 - Jan 14 with 1539 viewsfirgrovedale51

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:39 - Jan 14 by SuddenLad

"But in a L1 relegation dogfight, he's a much use as dogshite"

But still a lot better than some of the other players wearing a Dale shirt.........

That is the point he is not better and when he plays he is keeping better players out of the team.
Login to get fewer ads

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:45 - Jan 14 with 1521 viewsSuddenLad

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:41 - Jan 14 by firgrovedale51

That is the point he is not better and when he plays he is keeping better players out of the team.

I'd have 10 JK's before 1 Holness any day of the week.

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:48 - Jan 14 with 1501 viewsfirgrovedale51

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:45 - Jan 14 by SuddenLad

I'd have 10 JK's before 1 Holness any day of the week.

Sorry you have lost me there , what has JK Holness got to do with Thompson?
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:57 - Jan 14 with 1464 viewsDaleFan7

Thompson would never play in a Rochdale shirt again if it was up to me. He has no strength, he isn't willing to go in for tackles, he doesn't have the pace or the balls to run at defenders, all he did today was pass it back to Widdowson. He has had far too long to be an 'improving player' maybe if he was still 18 but he isn't.

JLAA while not being the best player in the world. Gives us much more. He is quick, he will run at defenders, he can defend himself, he will win the ball in the air and pass it about. He will give 100% every time he walks on the pitch with no questions asked.

For me JLAA overall has been our 2nd best player this season behind JK.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 19:01 - Jan 14 with 1447 viewsSuddenLad

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:48 - Jan 14 by firgrovedale51

Sorry you have lost me there , what has JK Holness got to do with Thompson?

Sorry, through the tears, I misread JK for JT.

For what it's worth, it might have taken a while, but today was the day that I finally lost patience with JT. He's clearly not up to it, and needs a change of scenery.

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 19:03 - Jan 14 with 1438 viewsChaffRAFC

The mistake the Chairman made was giving Eyre as long as he did. We should have seen the back of Steve Eyre and Frankie Bunn at 5pm on the day we lost at Bradford City in the FA Cup. The majority of the away section chanting "Eyre Out" should have been the signal for their sacking.

We should have then been actively looking for a new manager with experience and have him in place by December with a month to look at his squad and see where we needed to strengthen in January. We could then have gone into January with a fighting chance of signing some decent players in the key positions we're lacking, like out wide, in central defence and up front.

Now, we're in the middle of January, there's not a lot of time in the window left and we've another manager with f*** all experience, an assistant who's very little experience and a team that purely and simply isn't good enough to compete in this Division.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 19:04 - Jan 14 with 1435 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:57 - Jan 14 by DaleFan7

Thompson would never play in a Rochdale shirt again if it was up to me. He has no strength, he isn't willing to go in for tackles, he doesn't have the pace or the balls to run at defenders, all he did today was pass it back to Widdowson. He has had far too long to be an 'improving player' maybe if he was still 18 but he isn't.

JLAA while not being the best player in the world. Gives us much more. He is quick, he will run at defenders, he can defend himself, he will win the ball in the air and pass it about. He will give 100% every time he walks on the pitch with no questions asked.

For me JLAA overall has been our 2nd best player this season behind JK.

Agree with all of that.

I've been a supporter of Joe, great lad and hope he does well for himself, but sick of the sight of him in a Dale shirt.

JLAA must wonder what he has done wrong? He made a lot of space for Boggie against PNE, hence no surprise he has struggled on his own since!

Not playing JLAA was the first mistake of many today.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 19:06 - Jan 14 with 1409 viewsfirgrovedale51

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 19:01 - Jan 14 by SuddenLad

Sorry, through the tears, I misread JK for JT.

For what it's worth, it might have taken a while, but today was the day that I finally lost patience with JT. He's clearly not up to it, and needs a change of scenery.

Yes well I to kept saying Thompsopn will come good but enough is enough it is a shame but there you go I would have been made up for the lad but it was not to be
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 19:09 - Jan 14 with 1378 viewsYouTubeDale

It's quickly becoming "it's all JT's fault" again. But, I agree, the point has to be made that he's one of many reasons why we are in a dog-fight.

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 19:13 - Jan 14 with 1364 viewsSuddenLad

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 19:09 - Jan 14 by YouTubeDale

It's quickly becoming "it's all JT's fault" again. But, I agree, the point has to be made that he's one of many reasons why we are in a dog-fight.

In no way am I blaming JT either for the team performance, or for our current plight. All I'm saying is that he has had more than enough opportunities to stake a claim for his place in the side, but alas, he cannot show that he is capable of doing so.

Sooner or later, he and the club need to look elsewhere.

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 19:16 - Jan 14 with 1351 views442Dale

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 19:03 - Jan 14 by ChaffRAFC

The mistake the Chairman made was giving Eyre as long as he did. We should have seen the back of Steve Eyre and Frankie Bunn at 5pm on the day we lost at Bradford City in the FA Cup. The majority of the away section chanting "Eyre Out" should have been the signal for their sacking.

We should have then been actively looking for a new manager with experience and have him in place by December with a month to look at his squad and see where we needed to strengthen in January. We could then have gone into January with a fighting chance of signing some decent players in the key positions we're lacking, like out wide, in central defence and up front.

Now, we're in the middle of January, there's not a lot of time in the window left and we've another manager with f*** all experience, an assistant who's very little experience and a team that purely and simply isn't good enough to compete in this Division.

That pretty much covers it.

What is a struggle to understand is why Beech talks about anything other than the short term. Some of his quotes in the Ob today don't reflect those of a caretaker boss who knows he has to get results to get the job on a permanent basis. See below:

http://menmedia.co.uk/rochdaleobserver/sport/football/rochdale/s/1470683_beech-f

"So far we haven’t had what we deserve in terms of points on the board — sometimes that happens. I spoke with Brian McDermott last weekend and he was telling me he didn’t win in his first five games as Reading manager. But he believed in what he was doing, stuck with it and eventually they got their first win against Liverpool in the FA Cup.

"Having a process, a professionalism and an attitude to always compete and get better cannot be ignored — winning is just around the corner.

"But rather than chase the win we have to concentrate on the performance because, if we get that right consistently, wins will come.

"I know things have changed around the club, I know things have moved forwards and I know other people are aware of the improvements.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 19:24 - Jan 14 with 1323 viewsdalenumber2

As with JT I would say that their has been no improvement in JLAA and this season he has had ample opportunities.

I think he is improving and has potential - in any case he is much better than Thompson.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 19:30 - Jan 14 with 1305 viewsYouTubeDale

Perhaps Chris Dunphy needs to grab hold of Beech's ears and give him a good shaking, telling him that he needs performances/results sooner rather than later. Chris Beech does talk a lot of sense, but we need to see the end product of his hard work on the pitch. He needs to replicate the PNE performance again, soon.

Come on Chris...you can do it ! (I mean Chris Beech)

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 21:29 - Jan 14 with 1229 viewsNotEyreClue

Dunphy is absolutely to blame. I'd have felt considerably better about the situation had Eyre actually applied for the job. How can a chairman rant and rave about the quality of candidates (rightly so if the names that were mentioned did apply) and then not appoint someone from that batch of applicants?

Eyre was never a sound appointment and that was an easy observation to make at the time, nevermind with a decent amount of hindsight. I can't believe there are some people saying they'd prefer it if Eyre was still manager, unbelievable! We looked good against Yeovil for one reason and one reason only, they are one of the poorest sides I've ever seen at Spotland (Rochdalians would have given them a run for their money based on that performance). Taking the last three results into consideration, would Eyre have bettered the point we've gotten from 3 games? Absolutely not, we'd have probably got nothing had he still been in charge.

I've never been a Joey T fan. He offers absolutely nothing going forward (save his fairly good aerial ability) and the only good game I've ever seen him have was when he got a hat-trick against Aldershot. I almost fell off my chair when I read that Thompson doesn't have enough pace to take players on though. He has pace in abundance, the problem is that when he gets the ball he ALWAYS goes backwards with it, not sure whether this is a lack of confidence/bottle but he shouldn't ever put a Dale shirt on again IMO. Akpro has been one of our best players this season - he works his nuts off for the team, has plenty of ability and strength and it's an absolute travesty that he didn't play today.

It seems quite apparent to me that Ormerod and Bogdanovic are too similar to play with each other. I would much rather play Ball with one or the other and have a nice balance up front (I've almost lost my patience with Grimes these days). I think the first half today is the worst 45 minutes I've ever witnessed by any Dale team. I'd have loved to see the stats with regards to how long the ball spent in our half, it was an absolute joke at times (p.s we should get a restraining order against Holness so he can't come within 50 metres of Spotland)

Jones can't play 90 minutes anymore, he's an absolute legend but there's no room for sentiment when you're in a relegation dogfight. I'm a fan of Tutte and I think he could develop into a good player, it's definitely time to play him and JK together because we've rarely seen it this season. I can't say I'm the biggest JK fan either to be honest.I know I'll get slaughtered for this but I just honestly don't see what he offers for the team. Don't get me wrong, he's definitely our best midfielder but at times I don't even realise he's on the pitch (maybe that's what makes him good!).

I'm of the opinion that the players are currently low on morale/demotivated due to the managerial situation but not because of Eyre's departure. Signing an experienced, reputable manager would have/would (if it's not too late) really signal our intent and send a positive message to the players. It happens all the time when a new manager comes in (Martin O'Neill being a prime example). A new manager brings a new sense of optimism and a feel good factor, everyone wants to impress and it gives a new buzz to the whole situation. Beech isn't new to the club, he probably knows the players fairly well so there's a lot less effort to impress than there would be with a new manager. He's been at the club for a while so there's no new take on things, no new perspective, no fresh look at the squad as a whole which you get from someone who's completely new to the club. As a player, when Eyre left, I'd have been excited about a new manager coming in and shaking things up.

IMO it's too late to save us from the drop now but a manager needs to be brought in so he can get a feel for the club and players and build for next season. Beech isn't the man to take us forward. Hillcroft was a miracle and won't happen again anytime soon at the club.
/RANT

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 23:08 - Jan 14 with 1178 viewsShun

Agree with that entirely NEC, especially this point:

"It seems quite apparent to me that Ormerod and Bogdanovic are too similar to play with each other. I would much rather play Ball with one or the other and have a nice balance up front."

I thought that was evident at Hartlepool even, and even more so today. I'd start Bogdanovic and Grimes on Tuesday (if Ball's going to Brentford as the whispers suggest).
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 23:25 - Jan 14 with 1148 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 18:02 - Jan 14 by isitme

Under Beech it has got worse.

Performances have got worse and we started the second half with 4 centre forwards on the pitch. Then guess what their right back gets forward unmarked and scores twice.

He then takes Kennedy off who has been our best player. We have signed more defenders and strikers when we need wide players.

We appear to have regressed than progressed.

BOTH Beech and Eyre are Clueless.

Chris Beech's tactics, and the way his own team played (eg Mr Widdowson) for him toady,made him look an idiot.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 23:27 - Jan 14 with 1141 viewsYorkshire_Dale

What about Holness?.........Mr Liability!
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 23:48 - Jan 14 with 1120 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 19:16 - Jan 14 by 442Dale

That pretty much covers it.

What is a struggle to understand is why Beech talks about anything other than the short term. Some of his quotes in the Ob today don't reflect those of a caretaker boss who knows he has to get results to get the job on a permanent basis. See below:

http://menmedia.co.uk/rochdaleobserver/sport/football/rochdale/s/1470683_beech-f

"So far we haven’t had what we deserve in terms of points on the board — sometimes that happens. I spoke with Brian McDermott last weekend and he was telling me he didn’t win in his first five games as Reading manager. But he believed in what he was doing, stuck with it and eventually they got their first win against Liverpool in the FA Cup.

"Having a process, a professionalism and an attitude to always compete and get better cannot be ignored — winning is just around the corner.

"But rather than chase the win we have to concentrate on the performance because, if we get that right consistently, wins will come.

"I know things have changed around the club, I know things have moved forwards and I know other people are aware of the improvements.

Beechy must have the same script writer as Steve Eyre.........talk about cuckoo land?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024