Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Chairman dropped Us In It... 17:41 - Jan 14 with 8303 viewsMattDalemon

..when he sacked Eyre. Results weren't brilliant but we were going in the right direction. The players were behind him and the team spirit was good despite all the ridiculous rumours. Today was as bad as anything in the last 20 years and we are only going in one direction.
To get in a manager whose only brief was to keep us in league 1 and then push the panic button after half a season was ridiculous. Beech is worse and hasn't got the backing of at least half the squad who are completely disillusioned with what has gone on.
League 2 here we come, probably by the end of February.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 13:30 - Jan 16 with 1248 viewsCedar_Room

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 12:54 - Jan 16 by D_Alien

Now you're just being petulant, and slightly immature

I said in my first reply to you that "different criteria apply now"

Let's at least have an adult debate (although I still consider it futile - we have to deal with things as they stand)

I am neither being petulant nor immature. I am talking about the criteria used to appoint Eyre, and IMO (and I have no idea what criteria the chairman used as I supect you don't either) experience should have been top of the list. This was why I was never overly excited by his appointment to begin with. If Dunphy decided experience did not matter then that raises questions about the chairman's judgement, which directly affects how the club continues to be run - which is why referring to my point as "crying over spilt milk" serves only to belittle it's importance. The effectiveness of Dunphy as chairman is as relevant now as it was 6 months ago. I am not asking Dunphy to go, and do not for one minute think his is an easy job, but just like everyone else at this club he canot be above criticism.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 13:35 - Jan 16 with 1233 viewsjudd

I wonder if the Chairman/Board/Appointment Committee* were seduced by the thought (and probably no more than that) of close links to Man City and all their riches as a result of Eyre's FA Youth Cup wins and league titles and such like?

* Delete as you know best

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 14:25 - Jan 16 with 1186 viewsD_Alien

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 13:30 - Jan 16 by Cedar_Room

I am neither being petulant nor immature. I am talking about the criteria used to appoint Eyre, and IMO (and I have no idea what criteria the chairman used as I supect you don't either) experience should have been top of the list. This was why I was never overly excited by his appointment to begin with. If Dunphy decided experience did not matter then that raises questions about the chairman's judgement, which directly affects how the club continues to be run - which is why referring to my point as "crying over spilt milk" serves only to belittle it's importance. The effectiveness of Dunphy as chairman is as relevant now as it was 6 months ago. I am not asking Dunphy to go, and do not for one minute think his is an easy job, but just like everyone else at this club he canot be above criticism.

You're making so many ridiculous assumptions, I wouldn't know where to start in response, so I'm going to leave it, except to point out one glaring assumption, just to illustrate since you don't seem to be understanding thus far -

"If Dunphy decided experience did not matter then that raises questions about the chairman's judgement"

Appointing Eyre didn't mean Dunphy thought experience didn't matter, just that other considerations were more important at the time

Got that?

Good

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 14:32 - Jan 16 with 1172 viewsDoolan_Is_God

Firstly, if we hadn't appointed a guy with no managerial experience in 2007 and given him every opportunity to bring in his own staff and to recruit the players he felt the club needed, we could very well be playing in the Conference North this weeked, where our average gates and facilities would probably put us in the top 5 or so in terms of resources. :)

Secondly CD knew what we could afford to spend, what SE was asking, what direction SE wanted to take the club in and how he planned to achieve this. With hindsight it was a mistake, of course. CD and the board realised this and took the almost unprecedented step of sacking SE mid-season and after only a few months in charge. He then quickly appointed a trusted caretaker who knows the club and the players and backed him in getting in emergency loans to plug the worst of the gaps.

I don't see what else CD could have done come Christmas and I can't see how appointing Coleman or Pemberton would have somehow guaranteed a better performance this season, but it would almost certainly have guaranteed a higher wage bill for the management team and more punitive separation terms.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 14:48 - Jan 16 with 1155 viewsCedar_Room

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 14:25 - Jan 16 by D_Alien

You're making so many ridiculous assumptions, I wouldn't know where to start in response, so I'm going to leave it, except to point out one glaring assumption, just to illustrate since you don't seem to be understanding thus far -

"If Dunphy decided experience did not matter then that raises questions about the chairman's judgement"

Appointing Eyre didn't mean Dunphy thought experience didn't matter, just that other considerations were more important at the time

Got that?

Good

well unless you were in the meetings with Dunphy your point is also an assumption surely?? Do you know for a fact Dunphy thought experience did matter, but thought other considerations were more important?

I think you could fairly argue, from Dunphy's actions, that my point could be true - that he decided experience didn't matter evidenced by the fact he appointed someone with NO EXPERIENCE.

I'll end things there, as clearly my "assumptions" are far too ridiculous to be given any serious consideration. Regards.
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 15:51 - Jan 16 with 1130 viewsNotEyreClue

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 14:25 - Jan 16 by D_Alien

Got that?

Good

I think you're missing the point. Experience should have been the number one consideration when looking for a new manager in the situation that we were in. What other considerations do you suggest were more important than experience?

I can't accept that we didn't have the money to appoint an experienced manager due to the fact we've been able to afford to pay off Eyre's contract (obviously there's widespread spectulation as to how long this contract was).

For Dunphy to surmise that there were more important things than experience when appointing the new manager is perhaps even more reckless than it would have been to disregard it's importance completely.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 16:07 - Jan 16 with 1107 viewsD_Alien

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 15:51 - Jan 16 by NotEyreClue

I think you're missing the point. Experience should have been the number one consideration when looking for a new manager in the situation that we were in. What other considerations do you suggest were more important than experience?

I can't accept that we didn't have the money to appoint an experienced manager due to the fact we've been able to afford to pay off Eyre's contract (obviously there's widespread spectulation as to how long this contract was).

For Dunphy to surmise that there were more important things than experience when appointing the new manager is perhaps even more reckless than it would have been to disregard it's importance completely.

Missing the point? Take a look at yourself first!

I'm going to post no more than this about the subject of experience as a consideration - anyone who thinks CD didn't consider it as a major factor, or have it in mind for months/years beforehand as Hilly made his career intentions known, isn't worth debating with

In the end, he made the wrong call, as we all do - even with major decisions - and no-one will feel it more acutely than CD

THE POINT IS - it's gone, it's over, raking it up now achieves nothing except to try and put someone who lives and breathes Dale in a poor light. What's the point? He knows!! - now shut the fook up!!

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 16:49 - Jan 16 with 1083 viewsNotEyreClue

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 16:07 - Jan 16 by D_Alien

Missing the point? Take a look at yourself first!

I'm going to post no more than this about the subject of experience as a consideration - anyone who thinks CD didn't consider it as a major factor, or have it in mind for months/years beforehand as Hilly made his career intentions known, isn't worth debating with

In the end, he made the wrong call, as we all do - even with major decisions - and no-one will feel it more acutely than CD

THE POINT IS - it's gone, it's over, raking it up now achieves nothing except to try and put someone who lives and breathes Dale in a poor light. What's the point? He knows!! - now shut the fook up!!

I don't understand why you're getting so aggressive/defensive. The thread is entitled 'The Chairman Dropped Us In It' and I agree with this sentiment so I'm therefore posting as to why I think this is the case.

When did I ever say I'm of the opinion that Dunphy didn't take experience into consideration? To not consider it at all would be moronic and of great detriment to the club.

What I am saying is that it should have been so much of a consideration that every candidate on the shortlist should have had experience in management, for the board to then consider their others strengths and weaknesses. Experience was a MUST, anyone who can't see this 'isn't worth debating with'.

'In the end he made the wrong call..' - that's the understatement of the century. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I'd feel a lot better about the situation had Eyre actually applied for the job and not seemingly been picked out at random. To say it was a bad call would be complimentary to the whole situation, it shouldn't have ever been on the radar.

THE POINT IS - Somebody started a thread and I've contributed/been contributing to it and giving my thoughts on the matter. When somebody makes a bad decision they should be held accountable for their actions. When someone is seemingly plucked out of thin air then it's laughable to even call it a decision. If you don't want to read my thoughts/insist on shouting me or others down then put us on your ignore list or don't bother clicking on this thread.

Login to get fewer ads

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 16:53 - Jan 16 with 1073 viewsD_Alien

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 16:49 - Jan 16 by NotEyreClue

I don't understand why you're getting so aggressive/defensive. The thread is entitled 'The Chairman Dropped Us In It' and I agree with this sentiment so I'm therefore posting as to why I think this is the case.

When did I ever say I'm of the opinion that Dunphy didn't take experience into consideration? To not consider it at all would be moronic and of great detriment to the club.

What I am saying is that it should have been so much of a consideration that every candidate on the shortlist should have had experience in management, for the board to then consider their others strengths and weaknesses. Experience was a MUST, anyone who can't see this 'isn't worth debating with'.

'In the end he made the wrong call..' - that's the understatement of the century. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I'd feel a lot better about the situation had Eyre actually applied for the job and not seemingly been picked out at random. To say it was a bad call would be complimentary to the whole situation, it shouldn't have ever been on the radar.

THE POINT IS - Somebody started a thread and I've contributed/been contributing to it and giving my thoughts on the matter. When somebody makes a bad decision they should be held accountable for their actions. When someone is seemingly plucked out of thin air then it's laughable to even call it a decision. If you don't want to read my thoughts/insist on shouting me or others down then put us on your ignore list or don't bother clicking on this thread.

ffs

You said I'd missed the point

I hadn't - you had... big fooking deal, now just move on and stop wasting your time on what's gone

Or, how about a debate on why we shouldn't have brought Parkin back for a second spell? He had experience...

Got the point? No? You thick sod!

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:04 - Jan 16 with 1055 viewsNotEyreClue

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 16:53 - Jan 16 by D_Alien

ffs

You said I'd missed the point

I hadn't - you had... big fooking deal, now just move on and stop wasting your time on what's gone

Or, how about a debate on why we shouldn't have brought Parkin back for a second spell? He had experience...

Got the point? No? You thick sod!

You have missed the point. The point that this is a forum for discussion.

I'm sure there was discussion on this messageboard about that very thing when everything started going t*ts up.

Perhaps we should try and predict the future and debate about that? After all, debate about things that have gone on in the past is completely redundant right?

And you call me thick, deary me..

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:08 - Jan 16 with 1045 viewsD_Alien

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:04 - Jan 16 by NotEyreClue

You have missed the point. The point that this is a forum for discussion.

I'm sure there was discussion on this messageboard about that very thing when everything started going t*ts up.

Perhaps we should try and predict the future and debate about that? After all, debate about things that have gone on in the past is completely redundant right?

And you call me thick, deary me..

Well dear, debate what you like, but at least get the point before joining in

If you actually read what I'd pointed out to CedarRoom, you'll find you've just made a tit of yourself

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:11 - Jan 16 with 1031 viewsNotEyreClue

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:08 - Jan 16 by D_Alien

Well dear, debate what you like, but at least get the point before joining in

If you actually read what I'd pointed out to CedarRoom, you'll find you've just made a tit of yourself

Oh I read it;

Appointing Eyre didn't mean Dunphy thought experience didn't matter, just that other considerations were more important at the time'

I replied to this specific point and you still haven't directly replied to what I initially said. I'm not going to bother posting anymore for the sake of mine and the messageboard's sanity. Have fun 'dear'.

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:47 - Jan 16 with 1005 viewsD_Alien

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:11 - Jan 16 by NotEyreClue

Oh I read it;

Appointing Eyre didn't mean Dunphy thought experience didn't matter, just that other considerations were more important at the time'

I replied to this specific point and you still haven't directly replied to what I initially said. I'm not going to bother posting anymore for the sake of mine and the messageboard's sanity. Have fun 'dear'.

I think you'll find the messageboard is in a state of rude good health dear!

I do fear for your sanity though, if you're still worrying about something our chairman did last summer which he no doubt now regrets but which is quite simply futile to dwell on

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 20:56 - Jan 16 with 971 viewspanky_lad

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 17:47 - Jan 16 by D_Alien

I think you'll find the messageboard is in a state of rude good health dear!

I do fear for your sanity though, if you're still worrying about something our chairman did last summer which he no doubt now regrets but which is quite simply futile to dwell on

D Alien you got merked simples
furthermore you are a joke to this messageboard the club your family and yourself and hope you take the hint and get off here because you argue with everyone and get shown up every time give it up dear
The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 09:59 - Jan 17 with 902 viewsD_Alien

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 20:56 - Jan 16 by panky_lad

D Alien you got merked simples
furthermore you are a joke to this messageboard the club your family and yourself and hope you take the hint and get off here because you argue with everyone and get shown up every time give it up dear

Strange, isn't it then, that I'm loved by so many people in my personal life?

Your opinion is worthless

I say what I think, and I think deeply

I'm not always right, just as the chairman isn't, but I'll defend with my last breath those who put their necks on the line in support of what they believe in

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 13:31 - Jan 17 with 862 viewsKenBoon

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 09:59 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

Strange, isn't it then, that I'm loved by so many people in my personal life?

Your opinion is worthless

I say what I think, and I think deeply

I'm not always right, just as the chairman isn't, but I'll defend with my last breath those who put their necks on the line in support of what they believe in

What's this about you getting merked?

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 13:58 - Jan 17 with 832 viewsD_Alien

The Chairman dropped Us In It... on 13:31 - Jan 17 by KenBoon

What's this about you getting merked?

Was wondering that myself!!

Death by Mercedes Benz 320 CL?

I'd better be careful crossing the road, especially Spotland Road!

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024