Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Coleman 07:24 - Jan 16 with 9481 viewsrafc1984

Mr Dunphy please - when you get into the office this morning and have taken your coat off, got a brew in front of you, please please pick up the phone and call Accrington Stanley FC and ask for permission to speak to Mr Coleman, he is the man to take us forward. Full of experience and can work with a tight budget.
We are so deep in the mire, that even if we go down with Coleman at the helm, we will have a fighting chance next season.
Spend the money and get the right man.
John Coleman on 07:53 - Jan 16 with 5442 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Are you sure he reads the messageboard..? If not, quite a few people have wasted a lot of time writing to him here.

It's not Jim'll Fix It for f**ks sake :-)
John Coleman on 09:00 - Jan 16 with 5391 viewsgeorgedale

John Coleman on 07:53 - Jan 16 by Albert_Whitehurst

Are you sure he reads the messageboard..? If not, quite a few people have wasted a lot of time writing to him here.

It's not Jim'll Fix It for f**ks sake :-)

Yes he does read the message board and so do other directors - so please make the call to Mr Coleman.
John Coleman on 09:09 - Jan 16 with 5370 viewsjudd

Why would anybody want to come to work for Rochdale in any capacity?

Poll: What is it to be then?

John Coleman on 09:10 - Jan 16 with 5373 viewselectricblue

Why are people obsessed with Coleman..
He is contracted to stanley and dale cant afford to pay compo and severence to eyrebunny.

I wouldnt trust coleman at all..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

John Coleman on 09:43 - Jan 16 with 5330 viewsrafc1984

John Coleman on 09:10 - Jan 16 by electricblue

Why are people obsessed with Coleman..
He is contracted to stanley and dale cant afford to pay compo and severence to eyrebunny.

I wouldnt trust coleman at all..

Why would'nt you trust him?
John Coleman on 09:47 - Jan 16 with 5315 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

John Coleman on 09:00 - Jan 16 by georgedale

Yes he does read the message board and so do other directors - so please make the call to Mr Coleman.

That's proof enough for me.....the prosecution rests!
John Coleman on 10:13 - Jan 16 with 5261 viewsTomRAFC

don't think we are going to lure anyone away from a club they are already at

i would be after kevin blackwell or iain dowie personally. both unemployed and both with decent past records at a much higher level.

our squad reads very well on paper in my opinion and we need an experinced manager who knows what he is doing to come in and get them performing.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

John Coleman on 10:28 - Jan 16 with 5229 viewsSuddenLad

Right at this moment, the club needs a specific type of manager for a specific purpose. We need someone with a head full of experience, with tactical nous, and with knowledge of the kind of battle we face to survive in this division.

The requirements on a candidates CV now, are a whole lot different to the CV we might have looked at last June.

We probably need to look at candidates that we would never have considered 8 months ago, and maybe Coleman comes into that category, but we must NOT throw 2 or 3 year contracts at anyone.

Appoint a man to do what is needed, and review the situation in May, based on our (then) league status. If that means starting the recruitment process all over again, so be it, but we must do everything possible to finish 5th bottom.

Whoever is chosen, it needs to be done quickly. Planning for next season should be starting now.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

John Coleman on 10:44 - Jan 16 with 5197 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

John Coleman on 10:28 - Jan 16 by SuddenLad

Right at this moment, the club needs a specific type of manager for a specific purpose. We need someone with a head full of experience, with tactical nous, and with knowledge of the kind of battle we face to survive in this division.

The requirements on a candidates CV now, are a whole lot different to the CV we might have looked at last June.

We probably need to look at candidates that we would never have considered 8 months ago, and maybe Coleman comes into that category, but we must NOT throw 2 or 3 year contracts at anyone.

Appoint a man to do what is needed, and review the situation in May, based on our (then) league status. If that means starting the recruitment process all over again, so be it, but we must do everything possible to finish 5th bottom.

Whoever is chosen, it needs to be done quickly. Planning for next season should be starting now.

Surely Coleman would leave the security of Accrington to come to Dale for a 20 game only contract, with the specific remit of keeping Dale in League One. Then when he has done this we can dispose of him, at no cost, then bring in a new Manager who can take us to the Championship....?

Or am I being niave.....?
John Coleman on 10:51 - Jan 16 with 5177 viewsSuddenLad

John Coleman on 10:44 - Jan 16 by Albert_Whitehurst

Surely Coleman would leave the security of Accrington to come to Dale for a 20 game only contract, with the specific remit of keeping Dale in League One. Then when he has done this we can dispose of him, at no cost, then bring in a new Manager who can take us to the Championship....?

Or am I being niave.....?

The key word is 'security'. He would be leaving a VERY secure job, having recently signed a new contract, and would be taking a massive risk, on what would be a 6-month probationary period, with no guarantees at the end of it.

On the other hand, if he keeps us up..............it would be a brave decision.

Assuming, of course that (a) he's interested in the job and (b) the RAFC Board would be interested in employing him.

Who knows what irons are in the fire as we all post on here ? CD said the job was 'Beech's to lose', but alas, he's not shown that he is up to the task, based on our current position. 6 months ago, he would have been ideal - but not now.

John Coleman on 11:56 - Jan 16 with 5111 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

John Coleman on 10:13 - Jan 16 by TomRAFC

don't think we are going to lure anyone away from a club they are already at

i would be after kevin blackwell or iain dowie personally. both unemployed and both with decent past records at a much higher level.

our squad reads very well on paper in my opinion and we need an experinced manager who knows what he is doing to come in and get them performing.

I dont think any Manager would trust us with their future after breaking Steve Eyre's 21 year stay at City and sacking him after 5 months.

Iain Dowie lives in Bolton and would be a good call, however i feel it will be someone lower down the food chain, such as Ronnie Moore.

The players dont want Beech, that is abundantly clear.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

John Coleman on 12:01 - Jan 16 with 5091 viewsSuddenLad

John Coleman on 11:56 - Jan 16 by SteTsGoldenBoot

I dont think any Manager would trust us with their future after breaking Steve Eyre's 21 year stay at City and sacking him after 5 months.

Iain Dowie lives in Bolton and would be a good call, however i feel it will be someone lower down the food chain, such as Ronnie Moore.

The players dont want Beech, that is abundantly clear.

"The players dont want Beech, that is abundantly clear."

On what evidence/information do you base that comment ?

John Coleman on 12:07 - Jan 16 with 5073 viewsClivert

John Coleman on 12:01 - Jan 16 by SuddenLad

Probably this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16569656.stm
John Coleman on 12:12 - Jan 16 with 5058 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

John Coleman on 12:01 - Jan 16 by SuddenLad

I went to the last two games.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

John Coleman on 12:33 - Jan 16 with 5028 viewsBrierls

The next managerial appointment has to be a permanent appointment. No manager worth his wage is going to agree to a short-term contract at a club languishing in the League One relegation zone.

The proposition of taking over with a (very) slim chance of staying up, but having the opportunity to assess and start the rebuilding job ready for a crack at League Two is much more attractive than a temporary contract to be reviewed at the end of the season.

Accrington is one of very few clubs that Dale can look down on with regard to budget and potential for moving up the leagues. They have been punching above their weight for years under Coleman, and he'll know as well as anybody that he's taken them as far as he can. He may (and I stress 'may') be interested in a new challenge, and if he is then Dale should be pitching themselves as his new challenge.
John Coleman on 12:38 - Jan 16 with 5007 viewsDale_Pea

I don't think John Coleman would want the Rochdale job. What's the appeal?

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

John Coleman on 12:44 - Jan 16 with 4973 viewsjudd

John Coleman on 12:38 - Jan 16 by Dale_Pea

Cracking chippy.

John Coleman on 12:44 - Jan 16 with 4971 viewsmaybee

John Coleman on 12:38 - Jan 16 by Dale_Pea

I think he might have come in Summer, but perhaps not now.

We will probably not be able to afford paying an "in work" Manager's contract up, so will have to look at those not currently employed.

SOD would be my choice, but he is traditionally Southern based, and likely to want more money that we have been willing to pay.

Mark Robins would be another good shout. Knows how to get results, despite not having a reputation for playing good football. Sadly, we need points; not good football.
John Coleman on 12:45 - Jan 16 with 4965 viewsDale_Pea

John Coleman on 12:44 - Jan 16 by judd

Cracking chippy.

I tried the curry and chips inside the ground on saturday for the first time. Lovely!

John Coleman on 12:47 - Jan 16 with 4956 viewsrafc1984

John Coleman on 12:33 - Jan 16 by Brierls

The next managerial appointment has to be a permanent appointment. No manager worth his wage is going to agree to a short-term contract at a club languishing in the League One relegation zone.

The proposition of taking over with a (very) slim chance of staying up, but having the opportunity to assess and start the rebuilding job ready for a crack at League Two is much more attractive than a temporary contract to be reviewed at the end of the season.

Accrington is one of very few clubs that Dale can look down on with regard to budget and potential for moving up the leagues. They have been punching above their weight for years under Coleman, and he'll know as well as anybody that he's taken them as far as he can. He may (and I stress 'may') be interested in a new challenge, and if he is then Dale should be pitching themselves as his new challenge.

Spot on, on top of which accy are skint. All non playing staff have had wages cut by 40% so they may be happy for us to talk to Coleman, seeming as he is on a lengthy contract.
John Coleman on 12:47 - Jan 16 with 4948 viewsKenBoon

How'd you know he wasn't approached before Beech was given the role?
John Coleman on 12:49 - Jan 16 with 4930 viewsjudd

John Coleman on 12:45 - Jan 16 by Dale_Pea

I tried the curry and chips inside the ground on saturday for the first time. Lovely!

Did you sneak them in with you?

John Coleman on 13:00 - Jan 16 with 4894 viewsDale_Pea

John Coleman on 12:49 - Jan 16 by judd

Did you sneak them in with you?

I mean the ones we actually sell ourselves, not Wilbutts! Surprisingly nice.

John Coleman on 13:18 - Jan 16 with 4853 viewsjudd

John Coleman on 13:00 - Jan 16 by Dale_Pea

I mean the ones we actually sell ourselves, not Wilbutts! Surprisingly nice.

Dale_Pea, you're nothing but a heretic,a freak. Get outta here with your positivity and having good things to say.

How can you expect to grow up bitter and twisted by waving compliments around as if you're God or something?

John Coleman on 13:22 - Jan 16 with 4836 viewsDale_Pea

John Coleman on 13:18 - Jan 16 by judd

Dale_Pea, you're nothing but a heretic,a freak. Get outta here with your positivity and having good things to say.

How can you expect to grow up bitter and twisted by waving compliments around as if you're God or something?

I prefer where the dugouts are placed this year.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024