Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Coleman 07:24 - Jan 16 with 9658 viewsrafc1984

Mr Dunphy please - when you get into the office this morning and have taken your coat off, got a brew in front of you, please please pick up the phone and call Accrington Stanley FC and ask for permission to speak to Mr Coleman, he is the man to take us forward. Full of experience and can work with a tight budget.
We are so deep in the mire, that even if we go down with Coleman at the helm, we will have a fighting chance next season.
Spend the money and get the right man.
John Coleman on 13:27 - Jan 16 with 1155 viewsjudd

John Coleman on 13:22 - Jan 16 by Dale_Pea

I prefer where the dugouts are placed this year.

Fookin' head the ball.

I know where'd I like them to be placed now.

Poll: What is it to be then?

John Coleman on 13:30 - Jan 16 with 1137 viewsSuddenLad

John Coleman on 12:07 - Jan 16 by Clivert

Probably this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16569656.stm

That's like saying that the ManUre players don't want Fergie as manager, simply because they lost 6-1 at home to their 'noisy neighbours'.

Just because Dale were beaten 1-5 says nothing about the feelings of individual players, with regard to whether or not they want Beech as manager.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

John Coleman on 22:55 - Jan 16 with 1076 viewsYouTubeDale

I would give Beech 2 more games just to make sure that we haven't overlooked him and given him a decent chance for him to show us what he can or can't do. It was the Hartlepool match which really gives me concerns.
The next appointment is absolutely critical if Beech fails.Get it wrong and this could make our personal lives as supporters miserable as we could easily fall into the abyss that is the Conference and even beyond. Coleman is a safe pair of hands. He knows League 2 inside out. He will hit the ground running especially if he has time in League 1 to plan for the drop. We CANNOT afford to gamble. There is far too much at stake. Coleman knows how much to pay in player's wages and fully realises that we cannot afford players to sit around and do nothing, eg Homer. He will know a lot about our club and that will help him make a decision to join us, or not.
He's a very sensible choice. Stability and a decent chance of promotion. Surely, you've got to make a move CD and put the Night Nurse away.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

John Coleman on 23:22 - Jan 16 with 1047 viewspanky_unbanned

John Coleman on 12:44 - Jan 16 by maybee

I think he might have come in Summer, but perhaps not now.

We will probably not be able to afford paying an "in work" Manager's contract up, so will have to look at those not currently employed.

SOD would be my choice, but he is traditionally Southern based, and likely to want more money that we have been willing to pay.

Mark Robins would be another good shout. Knows how to get results, despite not having a reputation for playing good football. Sadly, we need points; not good football.

southern based?
hes had 2 managerial jobs bournemouth (south) doncaster (north) what do you base this southern based comment on
John Coleman on 23:33 - Jan 16 with 1033 viewsDoolan_Is_God

Could Coleman keep us up? Probably not. Is Coleman the man to rebuild this club and get us challenging at the top of L2? I'm not convinced.

At this point, I'd take a younger, hungry manager with a point to prove over a steady hand on the tiller. If we're going to stay up this year, it's down to the players as much as the management...they've got to get their heads right and stop playing like they just met 20 mins before kickoff. Yes we need to be tactically better, but sheer guts is what will keep us in this division, hopefully with the occasional inspired substitution thrown in.
John Coleman on 00:14 - Jan 17 with 1005 viewspanky_unbanned

John Coleman on 23:33 - Jan 16 by Doolan_Is_God

Could Coleman keep us up? Probably not. Is Coleman the man to rebuild this club and get us challenging at the top of L2? I'm not convinced.

At this point, I'd take a younger, hungry manager with a point to prove over a steady hand on the tiller. If we're going to stay up this year, it's down to the players as much as the management...they've got to get their heads right and stop playing like they just met 20 mins before kickoff. Yes we need to be tactically better, but sheer guts is what will keep us in this division, hopefully with the occasional inspired substitution thrown in.

young and hungry? so steve eyre yeah?
stop commenting on every thread like u have been through the good and bad with dale because u havent, fan since 06/07 and a closet blade fan? dont dare try preach on here
John Coleman on 00:17 - Jan 17 with 1002 viewsSaxonDale

John Coleman on 00:14 - Jan 17 by panky_unbanned

young and hungry? so steve eyre yeah?
stop commenting on every thread like u have been through the good and bad with dale because u havent, fan since 06/07 and a closet blade fan? dont dare try preach on here

DIG says on another thread that he hasn't been here through the tough times. Just because he's only supported the Dale over the last few years doesn't make him any less of a fan than you or I.
John Coleman on 00:18 - Jan 17 with 998 viewspanky_unbanned

but he says hes a blades fan too though he cant act like he gives a crap if he keeps the blades in closet
bet your bury and wednesday in a years time
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Login to get fewer ads

John Coleman on 00:19 - Jan 17 with 998 viewsNotEyreClue

Who do you suggest could keep us up? There's absolutely no manager on this planet that could *definitely* keep us up. The question is more, could X instill some fight into the team and give us the best possible chance of finishing 5th from bottom?

I'm an admirer of Colemans and I feel he ticks all the relevant boxes. Plus, if we were to go down, the man has a great track record in League 2. It seems like a fairly logical choice to me in principal but whether it would work out or not remains to be seen.

Could you possibly provide us with some examples of manager you'd like to take charge of the team?

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

John Coleman on 00:34 - Jan 17 with 985 viewspanky_unbanned

John Coleman on 00:19 - Jan 17 by NotEyreClue

Who do you suggest could keep us up? There's absolutely no manager on this planet that could *definitely* keep us up. The question is more, could X instill some fight into the team and give us the best possible chance of finishing 5th from bottom?

I'm an admirer of Colemans and I feel he ticks all the relevant boxes. Plus, if we were to go down, the man has a great track record in League 2. It seems like a fairly logical choice to me in principal but whether it would work out or not remains to be seen.

Could you possibly provide us with some examples of manager you'd like to take charge of the team?

hes a prick noteyreclue
if he saw us under simmo and parkin then id take him serious
John Coleman on 00:40 - Jan 17 with 979 viewsSaxonDale

John Coleman on 00:34 - Jan 17 by panky_unbanned

hes a prick noteyreclue

But he's seen us under Eyre which was arguably worse than those two periods!
John Coleman on 01:27 - Jan 17 with 970 viewsShun

John Coleman on 00:34 - Jan 17 by panky_unbanned

hes a prick noteyreclue

What's with all the abuse? So what if he supports another team as well as Dale. I'd sooner have him here than you.
John Coleman on 01:36 - Jan 17 with 969 viewspanky_unbanned

really? whys that because im standing up for the club
at the end of the day i dont wanna see hills legacy destroyed by a bunch of muppets who dont have a clue i dont wanna return to the dark old days of simmo and parkin and this guy hasnt seen it worse because this is league 1, we had to sit through this tripe bottom of league 2 while he probably sat at bramall lane watching paul peschisolido scoring a goal
John Coleman on 01:38 - Jan 17 with 967 viewsShun

John Coleman on 01:36 - Jan 17 by panky_unbanned

really? whys that because im standing up for the club
at the end of the day i dont wanna see hills legacy destroyed by a bunch of muppets who dont have a clue i dont wanna return to the dark old days of simmo and parkin and this guy hasnt seen it worse because this is league 1, we had to sit through this tripe bottom of league 2 while he probably sat at bramall lane watching paul peschisolido scoring a goal

No, standing up for the club is great, as is the rest of your post. I don't get why you need to start insulting a Dale fan though, just because he's new and a closet Blade.
John Coleman on 01:45 - Jan 17 with 964 viewspanky_unbanned

John Coleman on 01:38 - Jan 17 by Shun

No, standing up for the club is great, as is the rest of your post. I don't get why you need to start insulting a Dale fan though, just because he's new and a closet Blade.

hes acting like hes been a dale fan for decades in some posts thats what is annoying me he complains about players in this era
we had to sit through sako boardman cartwright tait simpkins list goes on
hes had it sweet since he jumped on the bandwagon this is the first season he will have had hard times as a dale fan
where were he 10 years ago?
John Coleman on 05:56 - Jan 17 with 926 viewsColDale

There are arguments that what Beech may be suffering from is a reaction to the lax attitude that has existed all season. At any place of work, any new boss taking over with a view to increasing the work rate from those working beneath him often see a reaction. Nice Guy Steve had things too easy for the players, and we may well be seeing their noses put out of joint right now as Beech tries to make a difference.

Let's not forget, losing has become far too acceptable for this current squad, and there's no way in the world that losing hurts this season the same way it would have done last season. Attempts to change that may well see a negative reaction from those firmly stuck in a comfort zone.

Of course, that doesn't preclude him from deserved criticism over his choices for the bench at the weekend, and a subs policy which seems to suggest the easier choices taken off rather than the bigger names. The quick turnaround that Hill managed won't be repeated, and it might be a while before we see what we consider progress on the pitch.
John Coleman on 07:21 - Jan 17 with 906 viewsDoolan_Is_God

John Coleman on 01:45 - Jan 17 by panky_unbanned

hes acting like hes been a dale fan for decades in some posts thats what is annoying me he complains about players in this era
hes had it sweet since he jumped on the bandwagon this is the first season he will have had hard times as a dale fan

I don't mind the abuse to be honest, it's pretty funny :)

Yeah, I missed out on the bad time, but if I didn't think I could contribute to Rochdale as a paying fan and as a member of the community I wouldn't bother. As it is, I think my opinions can bring something to these debates and I think other users of these boards agree.

Sheffield United are the team I supported growing up and I still look for their results every week, but it's Dale who get my money at the club shop and the turnstiles and that's going to continue to be the case.

You can't make me angry, but it's cute watching you try so keep it up. It's like being savaged by a little kitten.
John Coleman on 07:29 - Jan 17 with 901 viewsrafc1984

We have done the young hungry manager, now is the time for an experienced manager with knoledge on how a small club has to be run. Fact.
As for you are not convinced about Coleman, google him, wikipedia him, whatever, and see what he has achieved with next to no money at all.
The job he has done at Accy is nothing short of a miricle. The question is does he want to step up to a slightly bigger club with a bit more of a playing budget and see what he can achieve with his quite excellent football/business principles.
He would also fall into the find them, turn them into good players and sell them on without bleating about how all his best players get sold.
Could he keep us up? who knows, but we would have a right good proper go, and if we went down fighting I would fancy us a lot more next season.
John Coleman on 07:48 - Jan 17 with 881 viewsClivert

John Coleman on 13:30 - Jan 16 by SuddenLad

That's like saying that the ManUre players don't want Fergie as manager, simply because they lost 6-1 at home to their 'noisy neighbours'.

Just because Dale were beaten 1-5 says nothing about the feelings of individual players, with regard to whether or not they want Beech as manager.

There was no commitment on the field right from kick off, I made the comment midway through the first half that I couldn't see Beech being manager for the trip to Wycombe as the players weren't putting in a shift to suggest that Beech was would get the job on a permanent basis.

Beech is still on trial as manager and the performances and effort on the field go along way to suggest if the players want him as manager and that on Saturday looked like a collective thumbs down to me.
John Coleman on 08:02 - Jan 17 with 868 viewsRippDale

John Coleman on 07:29 - Jan 17 by rafc1984

We have done the young hungry manager, now is the time for an experienced manager with knoledge on how a small club has to be run. Fact.
As for you are not convinced about Coleman, google him, wikipedia him, whatever, and see what he has achieved with next to no money at all.
The job he has done at Accy is nothing short of a miricle. The question is does he want to step up to a slightly bigger club with a bit more of a playing budget and see what he can achieve with his quite excellent football/business principles.
He would also fall into the find them, turn them into good players and sell them on without bleating about how all his best players get sold.
Could he keep us up? who knows, but we would have a right good proper go, and if we went down fighting I would fancy us a lot more next season.

I think we need to safeguard taking the losing mentality into next season and repeat what has happened at Stockport. John Coleman breeds a winning mentality and is the type of manager we need to get some fight into the team again. His win ratio is 40% and comparable with Hillcroft. He knows us well as a club and knows the lower leagues and has that ability every season to rebuild a competitive team after losing his best players in pre-season. It will cost us money but will be worthwhile to prevent the catastrophe of a double relegation. CD must invest now and stop this with hindsight mentality that we now have
John Coleman on 08:21 - Jan 17 with 854 viewsDoolan_Is_God

Back on topic...

I've not made my point well here. I think Coleman could be a great appointment for Dale. He's done amazing things at Accy with no money and small gates. He's also younger than I thought, which makes a difference.

We have tried a young manager and it hasn't worked out too well, but I'm not sure that means that we must treaty an experienced head next. Coleman had built at Accy over a long period and hasn't been snapped up by a bigger club yet. What Dale bees now is a huge rebuilding of playing staff, confidence and the relationship with the fans.

I see Eyre as an aspirational signing; talented young coach from the richest club on the planet, the man to take us forward. Coleman I see as the safe pair of hands who can get us organised on a shoestring and turn us back into a competitive L1/L2 team.

Actually, I'm convinced! Let's get him!
John Coleman on 09:02 - Jan 17 with 822 viewsTVOS1907

John Coleman on 01:45 - Jan 17 by panky_unbanned

According to you, at Bramall Lane!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

John Coleman on 09:07 - Jan 17 with 816 viewselectricblue

John Coleman on 12:07 - Jan 16 by Clivert

Probably this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16569656.stm

Ive just waych those highligjts and apart from their fourth which unstoppable.
Several things that i noticed.
Stevenage just humped the ball from the centre backs, also how badly organised dale are in every position.

I couldnt believe what i was seing..
Whoever comes must and i stress the point MUST be experienced in the situation of improving the players confidence and tactical nous...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

John Coleman on 09:25 - Jan 17 with 796 viewsPDIDDY

what are the facts re- err and bunns pay off? could you afford colemans wages and accys compen? dale have made pot loads of cash in recent years but on crowds like WE BOTH get it ends up making up shortfalls. i reckon bury have made 650k in manager and transfers, our boss is on less than knill was so we are quids in but we cant afford to improve the squad apart from loans, sad but true, rock and a hard place is where dale and dunphy sit

Gissa job

John Coleman on 23:54 - Jan 18 with 732 viewsrafc1984

Just been informed that Mr Coleman has a clause in his contract, relating to, if a club from a higher division comes calling for his services, he has permission to speak with them!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024