Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Coleman 07:24 - Jan 16 with 9657 viewsrafc1984

Mr Dunphy please - when you get into the office this morning and have taken your coat off, got a brew in front of you, please please pick up the phone and call Accrington Stanley FC and ask for permission to speak to Mr Coleman, he is the man to take us forward. Full of experience and can work with a tight budget.
We are so deep in the mire, that even if we go down with Coleman at the helm, we will have a fighting chance next season.
Spend the money and get the right man.
John Coleman on 00:00 - Jan 19 with 1481 viewsBrierls

John Coleman on 23:54 - Jan 18 by rafc1984

Just been informed that Mr Coleman has a clause in his contract, relating to, if a club from a higher division comes calling for his services, he has permission to speak with them!

I don't think that's true. Their Chief Executive, Rob Heys (@robheys on Twitter), has publicly denied such a clause exists*

* even if I did miss the word 'league' from my tweet. D'oh!
John Coleman on 00:05 - Jan 19 with 1464 viewsrafc1984

John Coleman on 00:00 - Jan 19 by Brierls

I don't think that's true. Their Chief Executive, Rob Heys (@robheys on Twitter), has publicly denied such a clause exists*

* even if I did miss the word 'league' from my tweet. D'oh!

Maybe, but on a supposed 5 year contract, I would be surprised if no clauses exist.
John Coleman on 00:11 - Jan 19 with 1459 viewsBrierls

John Coleman on 00:05 - Jan 19 by rafc1984

Maybe, but on a supposed 5 year contract, I would be surprised if no clauses exist.

That was my thinking when I posed the question, but I doubt Rob Heys would be silly enough to openly lie about it. He came across very well on the Radio Lancs interview.

I agree that there will be clauses, perhaps Coleman is free to talk to ANY club, not just those in a higher division!
John Coleman on 00:21 - Jan 19 with 1440 viewsrafc1984

John Coleman on 00:11 - Jan 19 by Brierls

That was my thinking when I posed the question, but I doubt Rob Heys would be silly enough to openly lie about it. He came across very well on the Radio Lancs interview.

I agree that there will be clauses, perhaps Coleman is free to talk to ANY club, not just those in a higher division!

Im led to believe higher division.
John Coleman on 00:57 - Jan 19 with 1423 viewsdribdrab

If Coleman has a contract it can be bought.

If it's a five year contract it would be an expensive purchase.

I don't see us in a position to buy out long term contracts however good the promise is.

Coleman seems a good proposition but thinking realistically is he going to foresake a decent job to attempt to keep us up?

If things go OK he keeps us up, if they go tits up we are down and his old team mock him for years.

When Parkin was snatched from us at the hight of his success his remit was to get Barnsley back in the Prem.

He failed and ended up back here and added to his failure.

Tricky job this. Where do you find a decent manager that will join a sinking ship? (no funnies about Italy please).

I reckon it's either aspiring unkown, aspiring conference or dejected championship with an axe to grind.

Loads of those about but which would you choose?
John Coleman on 01:14 - Jan 19 with 1406 viewsBrierls

John Coleman on 00:57 - Jan 19 by dribdrab

If Coleman has a contract it can be bought.

If it's a five year contract it would be an expensive purchase.

I don't see us in a position to buy out long term contracts however good the promise is.

Coleman seems a good proposition but thinking realistically is he going to foresake a decent job to attempt to keep us up?

If things go OK he keeps us up, if they go tits up we are down and his old team mock him for years.

When Parkin was snatched from us at the hight of his success his remit was to get Barnsley back in the Prem.

He failed and ended up back here and added to his failure.

Tricky job this. Where do you find a decent manager that will join a sinking ship? (no funnies about Italy please).

I reckon it's either aspiring unkown, aspiring conference or dejected championship with an axe to grind.

Loads of those about but which would you choose?

Even if Coleman took over and Dale were relegated, he'd still have a better budget to work with (therefore chance of success) at Dale next season in L2 than he would have had at Accrington. He's fallen just short with Accy in L2, so you can only assume he'd fancy his chances at Dale with a bit of extra cash to play with.

It's win/win for Coleman. Keep Dale up and he's a miracle worker, or Dale go down despite his best efforts to reverse a desperate situation. He'll get the opportunity to start rebuilding the squad whatever league we're playing in next season.
John Coleman on 01:24 - Jan 19 with 1398 viewsdribdrab

John Coleman on 01:14 - Jan 19 by Brierls

Even if Coleman took over and Dale were relegated, he'd still have a better budget to work with (therefore chance of success) at Dale next season in L2 than he would have had at Accrington. He's fallen just short with Accy in L2, so you can only assume he'd fancy his chances at Dale with a bit of extra cash to play with.

It's win/win for Coleman. Keep Dale up and he's a miracle worker, or Dale go down despite his best efforts to reverse a desperate situation. He'll get the opportunity to start rebuilding the squad whatever league we're playing in next season.

I agree entirely.

I just worry that perhaps Coleman might look upon as being a bit "flighty".

Unlikely I know, but when you have had your head stuck in the realism of the likes of Accy there is a slim chance that people, even people like us, might give the impression that we are some kind of Billy Bigbollocks trying to steal the talent.

I just hope both parties do what is right for them.

Whatever the case I am fairly sure we can avoid some of the prophecies that state we are destined for Tizer League 2 or somesuch!
John Coleman on 01:43 - Jan 19 with 1395 viewshitman

8/11 favourite now
6/4 beech
5/1 ince
Login to get fewer ads

John Coleman on 11:19 - Jan 19 with 1253 viewsmaccawozzagod

John Coleman on 01:43 - Jan 19 by hitman

8/11 favourite now
6/4 beech
5/1 ince

as of yesterday no approach had been made and Coleman is understood to be not be interested as he loves his job at Accrington. In mnay respects he is Accrington and it would be a tremendous wrench to leave a club where he pretty much do no wrong. He has the backing of the board and the fans and that would remain even if we were to have a bad season and get relegated. I hope coleman never leaves and dies in the dugout (so to speak!).

No disrespect to 'Dale but he does deserve a move to a bigger club, had PNE come calling I suspect he'd have left without shutting the door, should Tranmere ring him up I think he'd nailed on (just around the corner from him) but Dale aren't quite there. You guys are a big club for League 2 and are probably the Accrington of League 1. That said he has kept us (a conference club at best off the pitch) in L2 for 6 seasons and we have made the play offs, and threatened twice til the last few games. If he could replicate that at Spotland in L1 then I think it would cement his standing in lower league football as a true 'genius' of tightfisted purse strings. You have a far bigger and more impressive ground than us but we have many things in common and he would possibly relish the prospect of trying to do for you what he has done for us.

Taking Rochdale to the Championship would be the equivalent of taking us to L1, and that very nearly happened.

I don't think he's interested in the slightest.
I hope he's not interested in the slightest.
If he does go though he'd leave with a firm handshake from the Stanley fans and would be wished every luck in the world.

But whether its you down or us up I sincerely hope we get the derby game back and it would certainly add a bit more flavour to it!
John Coleman on 11:30 - Jan 19 with 1206 viewsD_Alien

John Coleman on 11:19 - Jan 19 by maccawozzagod

as of yesterday no approach had been made and Coleman is understood to be not be interested as he loves his job at Accrington. In mnay respects he is Accrington and it would be a tremendous wrench to leave a club where he pretty much do no wrong. He has the backing of the board and the fans and that would remain even if we were to have a bad season and get relegated. I hope coleman never leaves and dies in the dugout (so to speak!).

No disrespect to 'Dale but he does deserve a move to a bigger club, had PNE come calling I suspect he'd have left without shutting the door, should Tranmere ring him up I think he'd nailed on (just around the corner from him) but Dale aren't quite there. You guys are a big club for League 2 and are probably the Accrington of League 1. That said he has kept us (a conference club at best off the pitch) in L2 for 6 seasons and we have made the play offs, and threatened twice til the last few games. If he could replicate that at Spotland in L1 then I think it would cement his standing in lower league football as a true 'genius' of tightfisted purse strings. You have a far bigger and more impressive ground than us but we have many things in common and he would possibly relish the prospect of trying to do for you what he has done for us.

Taking Rochdale to the Championship would be the equivalent of taking us to L1, and that very nearly happened.

If he does go though he'd leave with a firm handshake from the Stanley fans and would be wished every luck in the world.

But whether its you down or us up I sincerely hope we get the derby game back and it would certainly add a bit more flavour to it!

In other words, he'd be doing for Rochdale what Hilly hopes to do for Barnsley - pretty much the same issues you've outlined, but move up a league in each case

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

John Coleman on 12:50 - Jan 19 with 1089 viewsMattDalemon

Coleman been offered the job apparently. Would cost us about 70k in compensation
John Coleman on 12:52 - Jan 19 with 1075 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Stanley claim no approach for the services of John Coleman

http://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/index.php/newsy/4550

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

John Coleman on 12:57 - Jan 19 with 1050 viewsMattDalemon

John Coleman on 12:52 - Jan 19 by DaleAwaydayBot

That's not what I'm hearing
John Coleman on 12:58 - Jan 19 with 1035 viewsjudd

Beggars can't be choo choosers.

Poll: What is it to be then?

John Coleman on 12:58 - Jan 19 with 1032 viewsrafc1984

Interesting last sentence...

"Accrington Stanley will make no further comment on this matter at this time."

Particularly the last 3 words.

John Coleman on 12:59 - Jan 19 with 1027 viewselectricblue

John Coleman on 12:50 - Jan 19 by MattDalemon

Coleman been offered the job apparently. Would cost us about 70k in compensation

and where did you get that piece of info from.....
Lets suppose Dale did sign coleman and agreed a £70k compo fee where would that leave dale with their finances?

Instead of giving eyrebunny a huge pay off i would pay them monthly, better than having nowt i suppose..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

John Coleman on 13:02 - Jan 19 with 1005 viewsMattDalemon

John Coleman on 12:59 - Jan 19 by electricblue

and where did you get that piece of info from.....
Lets suppose Dale did sign coleman and agreed a £70k compo fee where would that leave dale with their finances?

Instead of giving eyrebunny a huge pay off i would pay them monthly, better than having nowt i suppose..

The previous regime won't be getting a huge payoff, partly down to the contracts they had and partly down to them not wanting to leave the club massively out of pocket.
John Coleman on 13:04 - Jan 19 with 991 viewsColDale

John Coleman on 12:58 - Jan 19 by rafc1984

Interesting last sentence...

"Accrington Stanley will make no further comment on this matter at this time."

Particularly the last 3 words.

those last three words completely undermine the rest of the statement
John Coleman on 13:05 - Jan 19 with 981 viewsjudd

John Coleman on 13:02 - Jan 19 by MattDalemon

The previous regime won't be getting a huge payoff, partly down to the contracts they had and partly down to them not wanting to leave the club massively out of pocket.

i.e. basically what they contracted to (not a huge pay off).

John Coleman on 13:06 - Jan 19 with 969 viewsMattDalemon

John Coleman on 13:05 - Jan 19 by judd

i.e. basically what they contracted to (not a huge pay off).

Not completely, no.
John Coleman on 13:09 - Jan 19 with 943 viewsBrierls

John Coleman on 13:04 - Jan 19 by ColDale

those last three words completely undermine the rest of the statement

"...at this time" was used several times in the BBC Lancs interview with Rob Heys as well.
John Coleman on 13:11 - Jan 19 with 927 viewsjudd

John Coleman on 13:06 - Jan 19 by MattDalemon

Not completely, no.

Oh. The contracted termination/severance clause is illegal then?

John Coleman on 13:23 - Jan 19 with 879 viewsBrierls

BBC Lancs reporter @scottread16 on Twitter....

"Accrington Stanley issue press release confirming no approach made for John Coleman. You can hear him tonight on @BBCLancashire from 6pm"

then

"Asked if he was interested in the Rochdale job, Coleman said: " Well I've got a job here haven't I. Its a hypothetical question". #stanley"

That 6pm interview should be interesting. I don't think Coleman would agree to the interview if he knew he was off to Dale. Interesting answer to the Rochdale job question though...
John Coleman on 13:31 - Jan 19 with 837 viewsfermin

John Coleman on 11:19 - Jan 19 by maccawozzagod

Dale 'are a big club for League 2' - I don't think I have heard anyone say that before.
John Coleman on 13:33 - Jan 19 with 827 viewsolympicdale

John Coleman on 13:31 - Jan 19 by fermin

Dale 'are a big club for League 2' - I don't think I have heard anyone say that before.

made me chuckle too.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024