Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? 17:43 - Jan 18 with 6381 viewssuc

Ok for me
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 17:45 - Jan 18 with 3616 viewselectricblue

No.......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 17:46 - Jan 18 with 3594 viewsborodale4

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 17:45 - Jan 18 by electricblue

No.......

Why not?
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 17:51 - Jan 18 with 3573 viewsborodale4

I think he's worth a shot. Worked wonders at Accy with even less money and wage budget than us. Would much rather someone like Coleman get the job, with a reputation to keep building than a proven failure or has been.
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 17:51 - Jan 18 with 3565 viewsDale_Iain

I've never liked him as a person or his style of football, but have to say I think he's exactly what we need right now.

Knows how to build a team on a limited budget and get them punching above their weight, and get players working hard for him and for each other.
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 17:58 - Jan 18 with 3525 viewsrochdale1987

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 17:51 - Jan 18 by Dale_Iain

I've never liked him as a person or his style of football, but have to say I think he's exactly what we need right now.

Knows how to build a team on a limited budget and get them punching above their weight, and get players working hard for him and for each other.

Spot on Iain, and he is a MANAGER, which is what we need at a time like this, if Coleman gets the job and doesn't manage to keep us up even though i think he would, he would do very well with us in league 2, he works wonders with a simple 4-4-2, nice attacking football, teamwork and discipline, if there is any manager who can save us i'd put coleman top of my list!
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:05 - Jan 18 with 3477 viewsTomRAFC

too often we see long time managers go somewhere new and it just doesn't work

would sooner see dowie

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:09 - Jan 18 with 3446 viewsDaley_Lama

Would be very happy indeed, long time fan of him and what he has achieved at Accy.

Poll: DF in or out

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:11 - Jan 18 with 3427 viewsborodale4

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:05 - Jan 18 by TomRAFC

would sooner see dowie

Dowie who we could never afford. Recently put himself up for the N. Ireland job so obviously has a higher opinion of himself then L1. I agree he would prob do a decent job but unrealistic i feel.
Login to get fewer ads

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:12 - Jan 18 with 3415 viewsDale_Iain

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:05 - Jan 18 by TomRAFC

would sooner see dowie

I'm struggling to think of a good example, mind sharing?

As the post above yours says, if we do go down, he knows exactly what he's doing in League 2. The players he'll be coming up against are exactly the same, so in theory his tried, tested and proven methods will work just as well. You could also say that in theory, it'll work for us now, because we've probably got a similar budget to Accy in relation to the league we're in, if that makes sense.

I know that 'in theory' doesn't always work, by the way, but that's true of any potential manager at any club.
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:14 - Jan 18 with 3389 viewsSalwaDale

Excellent choice. Well, in my opinion anyway. Struggling to think of anyone better (apart from the unrealistic choices). Just hope it happens.

TBBT

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:14 - Jan 18 with 3384 viewsBrierls

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 17:51 - Jan 18 by Dale_Iain

That pretty much echoes my thoughts, but I' don't agree that his teams play a poor style of football. A manager who opposing teams fans love to hate because he's so committed to own team's cause, he rubs people up the wrong way and creates an environment where players work their socks of for each other.

Coleman has worked wonders at Accy on a small budget, consistently over achieved, and has a record of producing saleable assets. He ticks every single box required for a Dale manager!

I just hope Chris Dunphy and the board can seal the deal.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:16 - Jan 18 with 3370 viewsColDale

the Accy chairman is on Radio Lancs later to discuss these rumours
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:16 - Jan 18 with 3366 viewssandylaner1

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:14 - Jan 18 by Brierls

That pretty much echoes my thoughts, but I' don't agree that his teams play a poor style of football. A manager who opposing teams fans love to hate because he's so committed to own team's cause, he rubs people up the wrong way and creates an environment where players work their socks of for each other.

Coleman has worked wonders at Accy on a small budget, consistently over achieved, and has a record of producing saleable assets. He ticks every single box required for a Dale manager!

I just hope Chris Dunphy and the board can seal the deal.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

this...

would be excellent news, come on dunphy lad
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:16 - Jan 18 with 3361 viewssandylaner1

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:16 - Jan 18 by ColDale

interesting....
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:17 - Jan 18 with 3351 viewsborodale4

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:16 - Jan 18 by sandylaner1

interesting....

Agreed.....why would he go on if there was 'nothing' to discuss.
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:18 - Jan 18 with 3346 viewssandylaner1

saw a tweet girlonaterrace retweeted

TALKS ARE UNDERWAY BETWEEN THE TWO CLUBS

over to you dunphy
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:21 - Jan 18 with 3324 viewsfrenzied

bring him in ,mind you if he doesnt win at least twice in the first 4 games we will get someone else instead......as long as he keeps us up i dont care whose in charge we back him regardless
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:23 - Jan 18 with 3304 viewsborodale4

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:21 - Jan 18 by frenzied

bring him in ,mind you if he doesnt win at least twice in the first 4 games we will get someone else instead......as long as he keeps us up i dont care whose in charge we back him regardless

Eh?!
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:30 - Jan 18 with 3244 viewsRicardo

Not for me - can't stand the attitude

Would be a no go for me I have to say

Don't disagree we need to have solidarity - I think we should stay with Chris and see where we end up. Prob Lg 2 - but at least we will be able to see if the foundations are there or not

Anyone coming in will have the ready made excuse - so let's not give it. At least Chris knows the club and players
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:30 - Jan 18 with 3243 viewsMIlnrowdale

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:23 - Jan 18 by borodale4

Eh?!

Only o'driscoll i would personally prefer so its a yes from me
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:39 - Jan 18 with 3167 viewsD_Alien

I can understand why some people express dislike of Coleman as a person, but does it really matter?

Everyone banged on about how "nice" SE was, and look where that got us! Hilly rubbed people up the wrong way, because he had something about him, but in the day-to-day grind of managing a football team the players were prepared to run through brick walls - or if they didn't, they were out!

If straight talking and no nonsense cut-the-crap management is what we need at Dale, then he'll do for me! However, I think we might just be surprised at the standard of football he could produce - I've never seen Accy as a hoofball side, but as a hard-working pass and move outfit, keeping it as simple as possible

Go for it CD!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:40 - Jan 18 with 3159 viewsolympicdale

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:30 - Jan 18 by Ricardo

Not for me - can't stand the attitude

Would be a no go for me I have to say

Don't disagree we need to have solidarity - I think we should stay with Chris and see where we end up. Prob Lg 2 - but at least we will be able to see if the foundations are there or not

Anyone coming in will have the ready made excuse - so let's not give it. At least Chris knows the club and players

who cares about his attitude if he gets the results on the pitch, plenty people couldnt stand Hill's attitude, but he backed it up with good displays on the pitch, its a yes for me, hope comes off.

Life is a game of fate.

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:41 - Jan 18 with 3142 viewsRicardo

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:39 - Jan 18 by D_Alien

I can understand why some people express dislike of Coleman as a person, but does it really matter?

Everyone banged on about how "nice" SE was, and look where that got us! Hilly rubbed people up the wrong way, because he had something about him, but in the day-to-day grind of managing a football team the players were prepared to run through brick walls - or if they didn't, they were out!

If straight talking and no nonsense cut-the-crap management is what we need at Dale, then he'll do for me! However, I think we might just be surprised at the standard of football he could produce - I've never seen Accy as a hoofball side, but as a hard-working pass and move outfit, keeping it as simple as possible

Go for it CD!

If it happens then I hope you are right

I am more than happy for my negativity towards said individual to be proven incorrect
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:41 - Jan 18 with 3135 viewsBrierls

Just to calm things down a little, just seen the following tweet (with regard to Rob Heys speaking on Radio Lancs)...

#asfc Chief exec @robheys rubbishes talk of John Coleman joining Rochdale. Called it naughty journalism....bang on Rob
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:43 - Jan 18 with 3104 viewsrafc1984

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:16 - Jan 18 by ColDale

Col will you let us know what is said, as over here in the 3rd world I havent a prayer of hearing it 1st hand.
Cheers in advance.

I would be well pleased if we landed him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024