Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! 20:19 - Jan 21 with 9775 viewsR17ALE

Abject. Absolutely awful.

This was up there with the performance at Bradford, and indeed any horror show I've witnessed in nearly 30 years of watching.

The players look like they don't want to play for anyone (not even themselves) and the simple things are being done so badly it is hard to watch. Watching players who you know are good enough to compete at this level misplace simple 5 yard passes is very painful.

Wycombe were also poor and also look doomed. For short spells we looked comfortable, and enjoyed reasonable possession but all of this came to precisely nothing - no chances, no shots, nothing.

And you just knew we'd gift them something because we gift every team something. This time it was the keeper's turn to play Father Christmas when he stayed rooted to his line when Kevin was holding off a Wycombe attacker to allow the ball to reach the keeper. It should have been a simple "take" but the Wycombe player managed to escape the clutches of Kevin and hooked the loose ball into the net.

Game over.

Second half saw us enjoy occasional forays into the Wycombe half but each and every time they came to nothing with misplaced passes causing any momentum to be lost.

I'd describe our play as Snakes and Ladders football. Just when we get to a decent part of play we land on a snake and disappear down to the bottom of the board.

Pre-match talk was awash with all manner of rumours. Here are the 4 that stick out.

1. Adams is off this week after the club have accepted an offer. Possibly from bury.
2. Widdowson refused to travel down with the team.
3. Tutte has been busy feeding this messageboard inside info, and being generally disruptive towards the Beech regime.
4. Coleman is coming in on Monday with both ourselves and Accy agreeing compo of £70,000.

I stress these are rumours coming into the away stand via various sources and to be fair they provided much more entertainment than anything we saw on the pitch.

Meanwhile, down at the other end in the second half, we were busy gifting Wycombe more goals. Their second was from a routine high ball into the box. A Wycombe player, virtually unchallenged, headed the ball to a colleague who was allowed time and space to turn and finish well.

And a bit later they scrambled a 3rd when yet more hesitant defending cost us.

Coming back we chatted about our worsening plight. We all felt that though Eyre has been replaced, nothing has really changed in terms of performances and results. It is clear there is dressing room unrest and upset. This is not a team, it's a collection of players thrown together in a last throw of the dice. There is no passion and nobody wanting to take responsibility to have a shot for example.

Not doing ratings as collectively they wouldn't hit double figures.

Someone mentioned, whilst walking away before the final whistle, that we're going down with a whimper. We're not. It's much worse than that after what I saw today. I'd gladly take going down with a whimper now as that would be a distinct improvement on the absolute shambles we've witnessed today and at home to Stevenage last Saturday.

Another wasted day and £50. I won't be bothering going to Charlton as it will most likely be a massacre and £60 down the drain.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:24 - Jan 22 with 1422 viewsjudd

Did you get in for free?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:30 - Jan 22 with 1412 viewsprestondale

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:14 - Jan 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

Wasnt the greatest game been to first time ever yesterday i were ashammed of being a Dale Fan. I were gutted that we could lose by that much to a very poor side in this League. My train home were delayed by 20 minutes very annoyed at National Rail people who cant signal proper

Total Spend because of Coach being cancelled: £82.85

Train Ticket: £48.45
Rochdale Taxi's to and from station: £10.90
Wycombe Taxi's to and from Adams Park: £14.00
Inside Ground Food: £2.00
Better Food Outside Ground: £2.00
Hot Drinks: £5.50

Full Time Result: One Very Disappointed, Emotional and Confused Rochdale Fan

Saw you waiting at the players exit near the coach. Did you vent your spleen at them or congratulate them on the way out?
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:31 - Jan 22 with 1399 viewsYouTubeDale

Their passing was more clinical.They deserved the win but I thought 3-0 flattered them. BBM messing up a simple pass early doors. Bog unable to get onto simple passes. Infact Bog was, sorry to say it, useless. We were caught offside about 5 times in the first half. We are unable to football our way past the line of defence. AA tried but shots were blocked. Jonah put the most effort in and had shots blocked. JK had shots blocked. Kev put in a good shift and was willing to push forward. Ormerod had a good shot well saved, he prodded and poked but couldn't quite open the door. Adams couldn't get past his man. "Godwin is our saviour" was sung as soon as he came on...but not yesterday as he couldn't get a sniff.
Yes, our Santa goalie gifted them the first, yet AGAIN poor marking in the box for the second and the third could have been dealt with better.

There's only one solution...Coleman. Not saying he will keep us up (although he will have a good go), but he's one hell of an insurance policy if we do drop.

If Carlsberg did League 2 football insurance it would be Coleman.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:34 - Jan 22 with 1380 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:30 - Jan 22 by prestondale

Saw you waiting at the players exit near the coach. Did you vent your spleen at them or congratulate them on the way out?

They didnt deserve any congratulations after that told them straight out spend alot of money to get there

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:37 - Jan 22 with 1358 viewsColDale

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:31 - Jan 22 by YouTubeDale

Their passing was more clinical.They deserved the win but I thought 3-0 flattered them. BBM messing up a simple pass early doors. Bog unable to get onto simple passes. Infact Bog was, sorry to say it, useless. We were caught offside about 5 times in the first half. We are unable to football our way past the line of defence. AA tried but shots were blocked. Jonah put the most effort in and had shots blocked. JK had shots blocked. Kev put in a good shift and was willing to push forward. Ormerod had a good shot well saved, he prodded and poked but couldn't quite open the door. Adams couldn't get past his man. "Godwin is our saviour" was sung as soon as he came on...but not yesterday as he couldn't get a sniff.
Yes, our Santa goalie gifted them the first, yet AGAIN poor marking in the box for the second and the third could have been dealt with better.

There's only one solution...Coleman. Not saying he will keep us up (although he will have a good go), but he's one hell of an insurance policy if we do drop.

If Carlsberg did League 2 football insurance it would be Coleman.

I felt their opener was 100% down to the Amankwaah. A big fella like him should not be getting out muscled by a lesser opponent like that. But it highlights everything about this club this season, we don't have the will to win that our opposing teams do.
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:43 - Jan 22 with 1322 viewsmaybee

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:37 - Jan 22 by ColDale

I felt their opener was 100% down to the Amankwaah. A big fella like him should not be getting out muscled by a lesser opponent like that. But it highlights everything about this club this season, we don't have the will to win that our opposing teams do.

Well...both DaleWorld & GMR thought the same, and it certainly looked poor defending to be shielding the ball so far out. Not much chance for the keeper to come and collect it imho.

Spoke to people who were there and one says keeper error, whilst the other says Amankwaah.

Either way; it was a poor poor goal to concede .
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:54 - Jan 22 with 1263 viewsPDIDDY

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:30 - Jan 22 by prestondale

no mention of £coins in the pint pot tazz?

Gissa job

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:58 - Jan 22 with 1249 viewsSaxonDale

First goal Amankwahs fault for reasons stated above
Second goal defences fault-good finish but way too much room in area
Third goal-Kurucz mishandles a bread and butter cross
Login to get fewer ads

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:59 - Jan 22 with 1247 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:54 - Jan 22 by PDIDDY

no mention of £coins in the pint pot tazz?

Like i said to Fondles friday night i wasnt touching beer because i'm on Antibotics for a Chest Infection

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 13:31 - Jan 22 with 1204 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:59 - Jan 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

Like i said to Fondles friday night i wasnt touching beer because i'm on Antibotics for a Chest Infection

How many warm drinks did you buy for it to come to £5.50?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 13:32 - Jan 22 with 1186 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 13:31 - Jan 22 by TVOS1907

How many warm drinks did you buy for it to come to £5.50?

£2.00 in the ground
£2.00 on the train
£1.50 from a machine

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 13:40 - Jan 22 with 1159 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 13:32 - Jan 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

£2.00 in the ground
£2.00 on the train
£1.50 from a machine

You need to buy a flask.

One other thing you might like to think about, Taz, is given that the long distance coaches keep getting cancelled, why don't you just book advance train tickets instead, as they will invariably be cheaper.

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 14:04 - Jan 22 with 1104 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 13:40 - Jan 22 by TVOS1907

You need to buy a flask.

One other thing you might like to think about, Taz, is given that the long distance coaches keep getting cancelled, why don't you just book advance train tickets instead, as they will invariably be cheaper.

Hopefully League One Champions Away coach wont be cancelled as travelling through london pain in the arse and that were from Stockport County fans i spoke to on their way back from Braintree. Plus being let down last season for a lift to the valley hopefully things be different this time there is no excuses if the coach sold out last season

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 14:13 - Jan 22 with 1076 viewsD_Alien

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 11:57 - Jan 22 by gizmo

"What Coleman will have to do is put a stop to any harking back to what's happened"

another pointless debate, hes not the manager...yet?

OK OK, just substitute "the next manager" for "Coleman" you boring tvvat

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 14:17 - Jan 22 with 1050 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 14:04 - Jan 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

Hopefully League One Champions Away coach wont be cancelled as travelling through london pain in the arse and that were from Stockport County fans i spoke to on their way back from Braintree. Plus being let down last season for a lift to the valley hopefully things be different this time there is no excuses if the coach sold out last season

I think there are mitigating circumstances why it might not sell out this year, Taz.

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 14:23 - Jan 22 with 1025 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 14:17 - Jan 22 by TVOS1907

I think there are mitigating circumstances why it might not sell out this year, Taz.

If we win Derby Day i expect the club to put some type of coach travel to The Valley on after spend under £90 for a trip we lost 3-0 at

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 14:48 - Jan 22 with 977 viewsSandyman

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 14:23 - Jan 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

If we win Derby Day i expect the club to put some type of coach travel to The Valley on after spend under £90 for a trip we lost 3-0 at

Or you could organize a mini-bus yourself perhaps?
Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 14:54 - Jan 22 with 955 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 14:48 - Jan 22 by Sandyman

Or you could organize a mini-bus yourself perhaps?

I cant drive i do think Derby Day evrerything will be put under the rug then we'll do a double

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:11 - Jan 22 with 917 viewssweetcorn

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 12:14 - Jan 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

Wasnt the greatest game been to first time ever yesterday i were ashammed of being a Dale Fan. I were gutted that we could lose by that much to a very poor side in this League. My train home were delayed by 20 minutes very annoyed at National Rail people who cant signal proper

Total Spend because of Coach being cancelled: £82.85

Train Ticket: £48.45
Rochdale Taxi's to and from station: £10.90
Wycombe Taxi's to and from Adams Park: £14.00
Inside Ground Food: £2.00
Better Food Outside Ground: £2.00
Hot Drinks: £5.50

Full Time Result: One Very Disappointed, Emotional and Confused Rochdale Fan

How does the coach being cancelled effect food and drink, if you got the coach would you have not eaten or drank anything. Also you have been let down by the coach in the past, so i really have no sympathy for you, as you keep relying on it, knowing that its open to being cancelled if not filled and in reality, with the way we are playing, why would anyone spend good money on that?

What you should have done if pre booked a seat like a month in advance, which saves alot of money, i happen to know this as fact, as i work on the railway.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:15 - Jan 22 with 901 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:11 - Jan 22 by sweetcorn

How does the coach being cancelled effect food and drink, if you got the coach would you have not eaten or drank anything. Also you have been let down by the coach in the past, so i really have no sympathy for you, as you keep relying on it, knowing that its open to being cancelled if not filled and in reality, with the way we are playing, why would anyone spend good money on that?

What you should have done if pre booked a seat like a month in advance, which saves alot of money, i happen to know this as fact, as i work on the railway.

They only cancelled the coach last wednesday not a month ago sweetcorn you need to take that into account any other club would have a coach service in league one

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:23 - Jan 22 with 883 viewsRAFCBLUE

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:11 - Jan 22 by sweetcorn

When working, do you signal proper?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:24 - Jan 22 with 881 views442Dale

Tazzy, I agree. There is no reason why the club cannot provide transport for supporters. All it takes is some planning on their part.

However as you'll never be sure, and they can't guarantee that service, you should probably look at trains.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:25 - Jan 22 with 873 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:23 - Jan 22 by RAFCBLUE

When working, do you signal proper?

whats that suppose to mean National Rail should sack whoever couldnt signal proper and deleyed my train by 20 minutes

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:26 - Jan 22 with 866 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:24 - Jan 22 by 442Dale

Tazzy, I agree. There is no reason why the club cannot provide transport for supporters. All it takes is some planning on their part.

However as you'll never be sure, and they can't guarantee that service, you should probably look at trains.

if you find me a route what aviod London Fully i'll take it i aint getting stabbed by a nutter down there or shot the london underground known for that type of thing along with its gang calture

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:35 - Jan 22 with 845 viewsSalwaDale

Just got back. Not for the faint of heart! In fact, not safe at all! on 15:26 - Jan 22 by DaleAwaydayBot

if you find me a route what aviod London Fully i'll take it i aint getting stabbed by a nutter down there or shot the london underground known for that type of thing along with its gang calture

I think you may struggle to avoid London when going to Charlton.

TBBT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024