Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Proper derby 17:17 - Mar 17 with 2119 viewsofficialdale

Gritty, scrappy but most of all entertaining...

50/50 on the Owdum disallowed goal. Kuqi's goal was a treat. Symes' hat-trick was even better. Come on Dale! Some really nice football being played from our lads. Another win, and another step towards safety.

Shame it was spoiled by a shite referee!
Proper derby on 17:30 - Mar 17 with 2071 viewsTalkingSutty

Tuesday is now massive, if we get three points we have the momentum. This time next weekend we could be out ofthe relegation places, no fear attitude and get at the opposition from the start.
We have nothing to lose now, which makes us a dangerous side.
Proper derby on 17:42 - Mar 17 with 1976 views442Dale

The tactics worked too. It was 4-4-2 that became 4-5-1 when they had the ball with Grimes dropping off - it allowed us to break on them and Symes looked so much better with players around him. Tutte also gets the licence to roam and at the moment we look so much more dangerous with his pace and ability to carry the ball forward.

Holden was excellent at the back alongside Long, proof that grudges aren't held after the odd row. Jordan coming off for Edwards was a strange one, but again it led to resolute defending at the end. A word for Lucas too, he's been very reassuring since returning to the side.

JLAA for Obadeyi would be the only change on Tuesday, but only if JLAA is 100%. If not, keep it the same for an hour again.

Any news on Widdowson's absence?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Proper derby on 17:53 - Mar 17 with 1918 viewsD_Alien

Coleman got the selection, tactics and attitude 100% spot on - again!

Proper manager!

Though some will disagree, I thought Obadeyi had a decent game. Yes, he was a bit careless in possession at times, but the main thing is that he posed a constant threat with his pace, something we've been missing all season, and created room for others. His movement and pass inside prior to the corner which lead to our second goal was an example of what he can do, and I'm glad the crowd gave him a good hand when he went off. Having said that - JLAA for me, if fit.

I thought the formation was 433. Tutte played deeper second half but the main thing is, it worked. Everyone was on their game and we really do look like a League One outfit.

Massive game Tuesday, and I hope we get some decent support. The leage table looks better already, just think what another 3 pts could do!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Proper derby on 18:00 - Mar 17 with 1869 views442Dale

Proper derby on 17:53 - Mar 17 by D_Alien

Proper manager!

Though some will disagree, I thought Obadeyi had a decent game. Yes, he was a bit careless in possession at times, but the main thing is that he posed a constant threat with his pace, something we've been missing all season, and created room for others. His movement and pass inside prior to the corner which lead to our second goal was an example of what he can do, and I'm glad the crowd gave him a good hand when he went off. Having said that - JLAA for me, if fit.

I thought the formation was 433. Tutte played deeper second half but the main thing is, it worked. Everyone was on their game and we really do look like a League One outfit.

Massive game Tuesday, and I hope we get some decent support. The leage table looks better already, just think what another 3 pts could do!!

Definitely went 4-3-3 when Grimes came off, with Tutte central. Then 4-5-1 when BBM came on with Tutte wide again.

Crucially the players knew exactly what they were doing after the changes, under Eyre we'd spend five minutes adjusting.

BBM was excellent as an auxiliary centre half late on too. Oldham had shoved M'Voto up front and Bell quickly told BBM to drop off, which he did to great effect.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Proper derby on 19:24 - Mar 17 with 1762 viewsShun

Seemed a simple 4-4-2 until Grimes went off, then a 4-3-3. Excellent match and (besides Symes) I would say Tutte was my MOM. Thank god he's decided to play all of a sudden!

I'm with you D_Alien regarding Temitope, I was really impressed with him. He looked better today than he ever did last time.
Proper derby on 07:09 - Mar 20 with 1530 viewssweetcorn

Proper derby on 19:24 - Mar 17 by Shun

Seemed a simple 4-4-2 until Grimes went off, then a 4-3-3. Excellent match and (besides Symes) I would say Tutte was my MOM. Thank god he's decided to play all of a sudden!

I'm with you D_Alien regarding Temitope, I was really impressed with him. He looked better today than he ever did last time.

Think you're a little unfair to say thank god he's started to play. he's not really been given the chance to play minutes on the pitch, never mind this position!

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Proper derby on 09:56 - Mar 20 with 1473 viewsAtThePeake

Proper derby on 17:53 - Mar 17 by D_Alien

Proper manager!

Was quite amusing on the daleplayer, they had forgotten to switch the microphones off at half-time, and a few seconds after they'd both been praising him, one of the commentators (think it was Stuart) went "Told ya, that Obedayi is useless!"

Tangled up in blue.

Proper derby on 18:33 - Mar 20 with 1363 viewsShun

Proper derby on 07:09 - Mar 20 by sweetcorn

Think you're a little unfair to say thank god he's started to play. he's not really been given the chance to play minutes on the pitch, never mind this position!

Maybe recently, but at the start of the season he was playing regularly wasn't he?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024