Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
looking ahead 23:10 - Apr 7 with 3148 viewsmizfit

next season now looks certain to be back in our beloved league 2 but whats everyone expecting ahead of next season

consolidate mid table push on year after?

automatic?

Relegation?

personally im thinking a finish in the play offs then its a lottery
looking ahead on 23:13 - Apr 7 with 2504 viewsClivert

No idea, I'd imagine an almost complete clear out and Coleman able to assemble his own squad so whose knows?
looking ahead on 09:32 - Apr 8 with 2426 viewsSalwaDale

No idea eithe but I'd certainly take anywhere in the top half.

TBBT

looking ahead on 11:47 - Apr 8 with 2348 viewsPDIDDY

at least we will be gifting you 6 pts again, barker out

Gissa job

looking ahead on 11:47 - Apr 8 with 2347 viewsJumeirahDale

Get rid of as many of this current shower as possible, replace them with a bunch of wired-up hard bastard little scousers, drag the whole squad off to Shagaluf for a two week team bonding / intense heat training / Essex girl spitroasting session, and League Two will be ours next year. Piece of piss.

Oh, and get Chris f*cking Dagnall back and make him club captain. Bradford my arse.
looking ahead on 11:57 - Apr 8 with 2327 viewspioneer

below 2000 attendences
looking ahead on 12:05 - Apr 8 with 2311 viewsSuddenLad

looking ahead on 11:57 - Apr 8 by pioneer

below 2000 attendences

It's time we (supporters) stopped getting het-up about the attendances at Spotland. WE can't change the situation, and no matter how many turn up to watch, the team will still play.

Unless and until the club show some SERIOUS interest in being pro-active in an effort to increase support, things won't change.

If it's any consolation, our average gates are double what they used to be, so over 20 years, we have progressed !!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

looking ahead on 13:19 - Apr 8 with 2246 viewsTVOS1907

looking ahead on 11:47 - Apr 8 by PDIDDY

at least we will be gifting you 6 pts again, barker out

I think you're getting a bit confused, PDIDDY.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

looking ahead on 13:20 - Apr 8 with 2241 viewsTVOS1907

looking ahead on 12:05 - Apr 8 by SuddenLad

It's time we (supporters) stopped getting het-up about the attendances at Spotland. WE can't change the situation, and no matter how many turn up to watch, the team will still play.

Unless and until the club show some SERIOUS interest in being pro-active in an effort to increase support, things won't change.

If it's any consolation, our average gates are double what they used to be, so over 20 years, we have progressed !!

I know what you mean, SuddenLad.

When I first started going, a gate of above 1500 used to have us dancing in the streets.

For those who were there in the late-70s, it must have been the same when we topped 1000.

Login to get fewer ads

looking ahead on 13:59 - Apr 8 with 2222 viewsDorsetDale

looking ahead on 13:20 - Apr 8 by TVOS1907

When I first started going, a gate of above 1500 used to have us dancing in the streets.

For those who were there in the late-70s, it must have been the same when we topped 1000.

It was certainly grim back then, but thankfully somewhat hazy also. Other than the back end of great escape of 78/79 where we won 9 of the last 13 to stay out of danger I reckon any crowd over 2200 would see us heavily outnumbered by opposition fans.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

looking ahead on 14:07 - Apr 8 with 2207 viewsdalenumber2

I am sure that some of our attendance figures were fiddled in those dark late 70's days. We always seemed to just scrape past the 1000 mark yet there often seemed fewer there at the games. I remember that Southport was the club which consistently got a lower attendance than us.
looking ahead on 14:15 - Apr 8 with 2194 viewsSuddenLad

looking ahead on 14:07 - Apr 8 by dalenumber2

I am sure that some of our attendance figures were fiddled in those dark late 70's days. We always seemed to just scrape past the 1000 mark yet there often seemed fewer there at the games. I remember that Southport was the club which consistently got a lower attendance than us.

You're right. Some of the published 'attendances' were greatly inflated and even then were only announced as 1,068 or similar.

It was a running joke every game. Some weeks it would have been quicker to announce the 'crowd changes' instead of the 'team changes'.

Over 1,000 spectators at a home game was definitely NOT the norm, no matter what was reported in the paper the following day.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

looking ahead on 14:32 - Apr 8 with 2171 viewsdalenumber2

looking ahead on 14:15 - Apr 8 by SuddenLad

You're right. Some of the published 'attendances' were greatly inflated and even then were only announced as 1,068 or similar.

It was a running joke every game. Some weeks it would have been quicker to announce the 'crowd changes' instead of the 'team changes'.

Over 1,000 spectators at a home game was definitely NOT the norm, no matter what was reported in the paper the following day.

We used to know nearly everyone there. And some odd characters there were too. I remember going to stand on "The Hill" one game (Pearl St end) and an old guy came along and asked me to move because he always stood on that particular spot. I wouldn't have minded but there were only about thirty other people in that end of the ground at the time.
looking ahead on 15:59 - Apr 8 with 2121 viewspioneer

Yes but those attendances followed several years of futility (and by far the worst spectator facilities in the football league).

Next season's attendence could represent a substantial reduction over a short period of time.
looking ahead on 16:49 - Apr 8 with 2086 viewsTalkingSutty

looking ahead on 14:32 - Apr 8 by dalenumber2

We used to know nearly everyone there. And some odd characters there were too. I remember going to stand on "The Hill" one game (Pearl St end) and an old guy came along and asked me to move because he always stood on that particular spot. I wouldn't have minded but there were only about thirty other people in that end of the ground at the time.

Those were the day, you could even have your own crush barrier !! It was bleak but the catering facilities, pies, peas, bovril and that milky coffee knocks spots off whats on offer at any ground in the country these days. The football on offer was atrocious in general.
looking ahead on 17:00 - Apr 8 with 2063 viewsChaffRAFC

Given that Coleman is going to have a massive job in the summer in rebuilding his squad, I don't think we can expect too much next season and if you were to offer me 12th place for next season, I'd snatch your hand off!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

looking ahead on 17:10 - Apr 8 with 2046 viewsTVOS1907

looking ahead on 17:00 - Apr 8 by ChaffRAFC

Given that Coleman is going to have a massive job in the summer in rebuilding his squad, I don't think we can expect too much next season and if you were to offer me 12th place for next season, I'd snatch your hand off!

Would it cost £50?

looking ahead on 18:02 - Apr 8 with 2008 viewsDorsetDale

l'll take anywhere above relegation. Some on here appear to think next season will be a walk in the park.
Just because there MAY be a few quid in the pot does not mean assembling a side capable of even mid-table is a given.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

looking ahead on 18:22 - Apr 8 with 1990 viewspioneer

looking ahead on 16:49 - Apr 8 by TalkingSutty

Those were the day, you could even have your own crush barrier !! It was bleak but the catering facilities, pies, peas, bovril and that milky coffee knocks spots off whats on offer at any ground in the country these days. The football on offer was atrocious in general.

Yes, T bars run by the lads of the fighting fund, Alan and Fred.

Best part of going to the games - those pies must have put 200 on the attendence.
looking ahead on 18:23 - Apr 8 with 1990 viewsChaffRAFC

looking ahead on 17:10 - Apr 8 by TVOS1907

Would it cost £50?

Behave Captain!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

looking ahead on 18:53 - Apr 8 with 1956 viewswroughtironron

Be nice to have a goalscorer......
looking ahead on 19:29 - Apr 8 with 1930 viewsAtThePeake

No way will the home attendances drop so sharply.

We have a core of just over 2000 supporters - do you really think they care whether we're playing Brentford or Cheltenham?

Tangled up in blue.

looking ahead on 19:51 - Apr 8 with 1908 viewselectricblue

Im sure coleman is experienced to know that the job to get dale back up challenging for a Div1 spot will take a couple of seasons.
You cant suddenly get rid of a certain amount of players and sign the equal amount of replacements and expect them to gel, but spread over a couple of seasons makes it more viable.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

looking ahead on 20:17 - Apr 8 with 1888 viewsTVOS1907

looking ahead on 18:23 - Apr 8 by ChaffRAFC

Behave Captain!

looking ahead on 20:47 - Apr 8 with 1858 viewsirisaln

looking ahead on 18:53 - Apr 8 by wroughtironron

Be nice to have a goalscorer......

I was once in the company of a very good lower leagues manager who could find good young strikers which he sold on for good money to keep his club afloat.
A journalist present said to him, 'How do you manage to pick up these young goalscorers,'
His reply was as follows:- I send out all my scouts at the near end of the season to check on as many good quality amateur leagues as possible. They check which teams score most goals. Watch them and find out the top scorers. If they are suitable I want them at the club to assess their goalscoring ability. I dont care if they are playing the blind school every week, they have to find the back of the net! Goalscorers are born. I can not teach a footballer to score goals but I can teach a goalscorer to play football.
O.K. JC get the scouts out there and have a look at some goalscorers.

Up the DALE!!!
looking ahead on 22:22 - Apr 8 with 1809 viewsTomRAFC

i have alot of faith in dunphy and coleman to address the situation quite well

hopefully we can have a good transfer window and pre-season and push for the play offs

i would honestly rather not come rocketing straight back up to crash back down again

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024