Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd 13:47 - Apr 10 with 1883 viewsDale_Bar

Open tonight from 5pm til kick off. With nearly 4000 Sheff Utd fans its gonna be a bit hectic so your patience would be much appreciated! Weve plenty of staff on and will get to you as fast as our hands can move!
Unfortunately, due to police instructions we have to remain closed after the match. Apologies for this and we'll be back to normal for Saturday.
Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 13:49 - Apr 10 with 1874 views442Dale

Plenty of staff has been a problem all season. It was a nightmare v Sheff Wed. It's a shame because everything else about the Ratcliffe makes for a perfect pre match pub.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 13:50 - Apr 10 with 1855 viewsTVOS1907

Is Lionel still working after his numerous TV shows last week?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 13:58 - Apr 10 with 1838 viewsjudd

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 13:50 - Apr 10 by TVOS1907

Yes.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 14:51 - Apr 10 with 1770 viewshitman

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 13:50 - Apr 10 by TVOS1907

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 14:58 - Apr 10 with 1756 viewsFred_Talbot

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 13:49 - Apr 10 by 442Dale

Plenty of staff has been a problem all season. It was a nightmare v Sheff Wed. It's a shame because everything else about the Ratcliffe makes for a perfect pre match pub.

Yep. 25 minutes to get served v Sheff Wednesday was taking the piss

Where's Fred?

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:01 - Apr 10 with 1745 viewsEddie_B

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 14:58 - Apr 10 by Fred_Talbot

Yep. 25 minutes to get served v Sheff Wednesday was taking the piss

Get in Spotland Reform?
Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:05 - Apr 10 with 1730 viewsFred_Talbot

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:01 - Apr 10 by Eddie_B

Get in Spotland Reform?

Don't particulary like it in there mate

Where's Fred?

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:11 - Apr 10 with 1710 viewsD_Alien

The Church has re-opened, hasn't it? Unless it was just a one-off for the Walsall game, don't pass there except on matchdays.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:14 - Apr 10 with 1694 viewsjudd

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:11 - Apr 10 by D_Alien

The Church has re-opened, hasn't it? Unless it was just a one-off for the Walsall game, don't pass there except on matchdays.

Drove past last night about 8 ish and it were shut, although all the boarding had been removed.

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:19 - Apr 10 with 1681 viewsD_Alien

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:14 - Apr 10 by judd

Drove past last night about 8 ish and it were shut, although all the boarding had been removed.

Cheers. Might poke my nose through the door if its open, but if it smells of Sheffield I'll head for t' Ratcliffe.

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:23 - Apr 10 with 1662 viewsClivert

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:11 - Apr 10 by D_Alien

I've heard that it's being geared up to reopen as more of a restaurant than a pub, can't see it being open between now and the end of the season though.
Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:27 - Apr 10 with 1649 viewsD_Alien

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:23 - Apr 10 by Clivert

I've heard that it's being geared up to reopen as more of a restaurant than a pub, can't see it being open between now and the end of the season though.

Restaurant????

In that case I'll pre-order my foie gras so they can start force-feeding the geese in good time.

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:38 - Apr 10 with 1627 viewsClivert

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:27 - Apr 10 by D_Alien

Restaurant????

In that case I'll pre-order my foie gras so they can start force-feeding the geese in good time.

I'd imagine it'd be too small to be a restaurant, but the brewey know best I suppose! I believe another pub belonging to the same brewey is closing soon, The Brown Cow in Norden. That'll be 3 of their pubs shut on this side of town 'The Church Inn', 'The Blue Ball' and 'The Brown Cow' so business must be booming for them!
Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:54 - Apr 10 with 1599 viewsD_Alien

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:38 - Apr 10 by Clivert

I'd imagine it'd be too small to be a restaurant, but the brewey know best I suppose! I believe another pub belonging to the same brewey is closing soon, The Brown Cow in Norden. That'll be 3 of their pubs shut on this side of town 'The Church Inn', 'The Blue Ball' and 'The Brown Cow' so business must be booming for them!

Aye, there's very few traditional locals now. Just serving ale isn't enough to make a profit, but when all the remaining pubs have turned themselves into food outlets there'll be nothing to distinguish between them.

The sad thing is, the standard of pub food in general is pretty awful. I know there were a few posts on another thread not long since about decent pub meals to be had locally, but all that's happening is that genuine restaurants are having to put their prices up to provide something different from what you can get in most ex-boozers now.

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 16:11 - Apr 10 with 1564 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 15:54 - Apr 10 by D_Alien

Aye, there's very few traditional locals now. Just serving ale isn't enough to make a profit, but when all the remaining pubs have turned themselves into food outlets there'll be nothing to distinguish between them.

The sad thing is, the standard of pub food in general is pretty awful. I know there were a few posts on another thread not long since about decent pub meals to be had locally, but all that's happening is that genuine restaurants are having to put their prices up to provide something different from what you can get in most ex-boozers now.

I use to like the food in Clayton's next to Boundary Park even took my ex ex ex ex ex missus there as for Rochdale The Big One from Munchies is better than sex

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 16:18 - Apr 10 with 1540 viewsjudd

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 16:11 - Apr 10 by DaleAwaydayBot

I use to like the food in Clayton's next to Boundary Park even took my ex ex ex ex ex missus there as for Rochdale The Big One from Munchies is better than sex

Did she have a stutter or summat?

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 16:20 - Apr 10 with 1533 viewsD_Alien

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 16:18 - Apr 10 by judd

Did she have a stutter or summat?

I guess she preferred the Big One from Munchies?

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 16:23 - Apr 10 with 1514 viewssandylaner1

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 16:25 - Apr 10 with 1507 viewsroccydaleian

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 16:23 - Apr 10 by sandylaner1

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 19:59 - Apr 10 with 1359 viewsgwnobull

i need a part time job be happy to help out...........
Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 23:46 - Apr 10 with 1222 viewsnordenblue

20 mins tonight to get a pint then still had to jump in on another lads round to get sorted, an absolute p#ss take, totally understaffed and as hard as the 2 staff worked they where ridiculously under prepared for what was always going to be a busy night,
Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 23:50 - Apr 10 with 1208 views442Dale

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 23:46 - Apr 10 by nordenblue

20 mins tonight to get a pint then still had to jump in on another lads round to get sorted, an absolute p#ss take, totally understaffed and as hard as the 2 staff worked they where ridiculously under prepared for what was always going to be a busy night,

It's strange because surely having another couple of people working pay for themselves very quickly as everyone gets served quicker? Didn't go in tonight, but the Sheff Wed game saw numerous fans give up after waiting for so long.

Like I said earlier, it's a cracking place, just need to sort extra staff for a couple of hours. There's one offer on this thread!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 00:01 - Apr 11 with 1190 viewsnordenblue

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 23:50 - Apr 10 by 442Dale

It's strange because surely having another couple of people working pay for themselves very quickly as everyone gets served quicker? Didn't go in tonight, but the Sheff Wed game saw numerous fans give up after waiting for so long.

Like I said earlier, it's a cracking place, just need to sort extra staff for a couple of hours. There's one offer on this thread!

It was totally ridiculous and i am generally very patient while waiting to be served, another tin pot experience at sunny spotland, thats my last ever pint in there that is a cert
Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 01:37 - Apr 11 with 1139 viewsShun

You're doing it wrong.
Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 11:42 - Apr 11 with 1012 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Ratcliffe Bars & Dale Bar - Sheff Utd on 23:46 - Apr 10 by nordenblue

I didn't have a problem yesterday in the Social Club getting served there were a few Sheffield United but it were mostly Rochdale no queue's no nothing becoming my new local after the Church Inn day's

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024