Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League One Team Of The Year 21:52 - Apr 23 with 5040 viewsClivert

None of our players made the team.

League One team: Ben Hamer (Charlton),(Charlton), Harry Maguire (Sheff Utd), Rhoys Wiggins (Charlton), Johnnie Jackson (Charlton), Stephen Quinn (Sheff Utd), Stephen Gleeson(MK Dons), Darren Potter (MK Dons), Jordan Rhodes (Huddersfield), Ched Evans (Sheff Utd).
League One Team Of The Year on 21:53 - Apr 23 with 5034 viewssweetcorn

shocked none of ours are in.

JOKES, we're w4nk and none of our players would get in blue square premiers never mind league one.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

League One Team Of The Year on 21:57 - Apr 23 with 5012 viewsClivert

League One Team Of The Year on 21:53 - Apr 23 by sweetcorn

shocked none of ours are in.

JOKES, we're w4nk and none of our players would get in blue square premiers never mind league one.

'Ben Hamer' almost sounds like 'Barnes-Homer'.
League One Team Of The Year on 22:12 - Apr 23 with 4978 viewsRalphs12

Ched Evans being in it is a joke really.
League One Team Of The Year on 22:48 - Apr 23 with 4933 viewsDale_Iain

League One Team Of The Year on 22:12 - Apr 23 by Ralphs12

He's been the best striker in the league all season. If it was the League 1's Nicest Blokes of the Year you'd have a point.
League One Team Of The Year on 23:17 - Apr 23 with 4898 viewssweetcorn

on what basis? he has scored tons of goals and been awesome. nothing to do with off the field.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

League One Team Of The Year on 23:21 - Apr 23 with 4888 viewstracedale82

League One Team Of The Year on 22:48 - Apr 23 by Dale_Iain

He's been the best striker in the league all season. If it was the League 1's Nicest Blokes of the Year you'd have a point.

Agree with that, if the awards were based on the nice guys then Steve Eyre would have been manager of the season!
League One Team Of The Year on 06:04 - Apr 24 with 4828 viewssluggy

there's always one

Looking forward to the day Vinnie dies...

League One Team Of The Year on 07:03 - Apr 24 with 4815 viewsRalphs12

He's been the best striker fair enough no denying that, however he's just been convicted of rape. I wouldn't want lee Hughes anywhere near this team if he'd have performed as well as Evans has this season. Same goes for any convicted criminal.
Login to get fewer ads

League One Team Of The Year on 07:08 - Apr 24 with 4815 viewsphomem

League One Team Of The Year on 07:03 - Apr 24 by Ralphs12

He's been the best striker fair enough no denying that, however he's just been convicted of rape. I wouldn't want lee Hughes anywhere near this team if he'd have performed as well as Evans has this season. Same goes for any convicted criminal.

This will have been put together before his conviction.
League One Team Of The Year on 08:52 - Apr 24 with 4765 viewsrod_leach

Evans being in the team is a disgrace. He's a convicted rapist, surely someone could have thought about the message this sends out, taken with Sheff Utd's lack of a termination of his contract and all the tweets going round etc.
Assuming that he would have been sacked for murder, then is this not sending the message out that his rape wasn't actually that bad a thing?
League One Team Of The Year on 09:00 - Apr 24 with 4761 viewsSuddenLad

League One Team Of The Year on 08:52 - Apr 24 by rod_leach

Evans being in the team is a disgrace. He's a convicted rapist, surely someone could have thought about the message this sends out, taken with Sheff Utd's lack of a termination of his contract and all the tweets going round etc.
Assuming that he would have been sacked for murder, then is this not sending the message out that his rape wasn't actually that bad a thing?

He wasn't a convicted criminal when the votes were made, nor when the results were compiled.

Gordon Taylor (PFA) has already said there was 'much discussion' about the inclusion of his name in the final list, but to have removed Evans name would have been tantamount to 'vote fixing' and as he was not convicted until AFTER the votes, his name was allowed to remain.

As for Sheffield United, they will probably have to allow a reasonable period to see whether there is an appeal from Evans or his legal team. To sack him now, and then find the decision may be overturned on appeal, would open up a can of worms involving expensive legal proceedings.

No doubt they will terminate his contract when the time is right. If they don't, then much of your argument is valid.

Anyone found guilty of 'naming names' via Twitter or other social networking sites, can expect to be playing in the same HMP XI as Evans.

The stupidity of some people is staggering.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

League One Team Of The Year on 10:15 - Apr 24 with 4720 viewsrod_leach

Yeh, good point about the appeal and Sheff Utd.

Still, I can't believe that they would have kept him in the team if convicted of murder, for instance, so I still see this as a message from those in charge that they don't see what he did as serious enough to kick him out. The vote fixing excuse doesn't convince me.
League One Team Of The Year on 10:24 - Apr 24 with 4712 viewsD_Dale

OP didn't include full team ...

League One team of the year in full: Ben Hamer (Charlton), Jack Hunt (Huddersfield), Michael Morrison (Charlton), Harry Maguire (Sheffield United), Rhoys Wiggins (Charlton), Johnnie Jackson (Charlton), Stephen Quinn (Sheffield United), Stephen Gleeson (MK Dons), Darren Potter (MK Dons), Jordan Rhodes (Huddersfield), Ched Evans (Sheffield United).

League One Team Of The Year on 10:49 - Apr 24 with 4689 viewsClivert

League One Team Of The Year on 10:24 - Apr 24 by D_Dale

OP didn't include full team ...

League One team of the year in full: Ben Hamer (Charlton), Jack Hunt (Huddersfield), Michael Morrison (Charlton), Harry Maguire (Sheffield United), Rhoys Wiggins (Charlton), Johnnie Jackson (Charlton), Stephen Quinn (Sheffield United), Stephen Gleeson (MK Dons), Darren Potter (MK Dons), Jordan Rhodes (Huddersfield), Ched Evans (Sheffield United).

My mistake!

They'd still lick us even with only 9 men!
League One Team Of The Year on 20:42 - Apr 25 with 4539 viewsdrand792

League One Team Of The Year on 10:15 - Apr 24 by rod_leach

Yeh, good point about the appeal and Sheff Utd.

Still, I can't believe that they would have kept him in the team if convicted of murder, for instance, so I still see this as a message from those in charge that they don't see what he did as serious enough to kick him out. The vote fixing excuse doesn't convince me.

Could we stay up if the fa where to cancel every goal he scored ? Just a thought lol!
League One Team Of The Year on 00:10 - Apr 26 with 4479 viewsDaley_Lama

Best player against us this season not in that list?

For me, Lawrie Wilson of Stevenage in "that" game at home. Simply awesome.

As always, only one game.

Poll: DF in or out

League One Team Of The Year on 05:41 - Apr 26 with 4459 viewsColDale

League One Team Of The Year on 00:10 - Apr 26 by Daley_Lama

Best player against us this season not in that list?

For me, Lawrie Wilson of Stevenage in "that" game at home. Simply awesome.

As always, only one game.

He was just as good in the game at their place. Stand out opposition player for me this season
League One Team Of The Year on 09:27 - Apr 26 with 4413 viewsdingdangblue

League One Team Of The Year on 20:42 - Apr 25 by drand792

Could we stay up if the fa where to cancel every goal he scored ? Just a thought lol!

No - the other teams would have more points and we'd have still lost 1-0 at their place and 2-3 at ours!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

League One Team Of The Year on 09:31 - Apr 26 with 4409 viewsSuddenLad

League One Team Of The Year on 09:00 - Apr 24 by SuddenLad

He wasn't a convicted criminal when the votes were made, nor when the results were compiled.

Gordon Taylor (PFA) has already said there was 'much discussion' about the inclusion of his name in the final list, but to have removed Evans name would have been tantamount to 'vote fixing' and as he was not convicted until AFTER the votes, his name was allowed to remain.

As for Sheffield United, they will probably have to allow a reasonable period to see whether there is an appeal from Evans or his legal team. To sack him now, and then find the decision may be overturned on appeal, would open up a can of worms involving expensive legal proceedings.

No doubt they will terminate his contract when the time is right. If they don't, then much of your argument is valid.

Anyone found guilty of 'naming names' via Twitter or other social networking sites, can expect to be playing in the same HMP XI as Evans.

The stupidity of some people is staggering.

Ched Evans (predictably) has now appealed against his conviction for rape.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17830598

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

League One Team Of The Year on 16:32 - Apr 26 with 4345 viewsfunkkk

League One Team Of The Year on 09:31 - Apr 26 by SuddenLad

Ched Evans (predictably) has now appealed against his conviction for rape.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-17830598

No surprise. Must admit something about this case just doesn't sit right.
League One Team Of The Year on 16:58 - Apr 26 with 4331 viewsfitzochris

I find the lack of Stevenage players in that list surprising to say the least. Given the relative resources and the fact their manager jumped ship etc etc, theirs has been the best performance this season.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024