Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Thompson 17:54 - May 2 with 6522 viewsDale_Pea

Never updates his Facebook fan page, but just wrote up "Thanks for all the support over the years guys".

Not sure whether or not we should read much into this.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Joe Thompson on 17:57 - May 2 with 5020 viewsBirchy915

Do you think he's being sarcastic?

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Joe Thompson on 17:59 - May 2 with 4985 viewsDale_Pea

Joe Thompson on 17:57 - May 2 by Birchy915

Do you think he's being sarcastic?

Not at all, never intended to suggest that. I do suspect it might be his way of subtly suggesting he's heading off.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Joe Thompson on 18:02 - May 2 with 4968 viewsdale_spotland

He's sad enough to run his own facebook fan page?

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Joe Thompson on 18:25 - May 2 with 4896 viewscrazyhorse

Joe Thompson on 18:02 - May 2 by dale_spotland

He's sad enough to run his own facebook fan page?

I don't think its sad, if fans wanted to follow him I don't blame him for using a seperate account away from friends and family.
Joe Thompson on 18:25 - May 2 with 4896 viewsphomem

Rumours are he's being released
Joe Thompson on 18:51 - May 2 with 4835 viewsdale_spotland

Joe Thompson on 18:25 - May 2 by crazyhorse

I don't think its sad, if fans wanted to follow him I don't blame him for using a seperate account away from friends and family.

Well when you put it like that I suppose it's fair enough!

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Joe Thompson on 19:56 - May 2 with 4697 viewsChaffRAFC

I would imagine we've offered a contract with the intention of him rejecting it so we can get compensation for him leaving on a free transfer ahead of a move to Barnsley.

That would be my guess anyway.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Joe Thompson on 22:21 - May 3 with 4231 viewsdalenumber2

I heard today that he is being released, probably a rumour but if others have heard the same there is probably some truth in it.
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Thompson on 22:25 - May 3 with 4215 viewscy74

Joe Thompson on 22:21 - May 3 by dalenumber2

I heard today that he is being released, probably a rumour but if others have heard the same there is probably some truth in it.

Only jean Louis being offered a deal if what I'm told is correct
Joe Thompson on 22:26 - May 3 with 4209 viewsSalwaDale

Joe Thompson on 22:25 - May 3 by cy74

I guess time will tell if that does turn out to be true but I wouldn't be too upset if that was the case.

TBBT

Joe Thompson on 22:56 - May 3 with 4156 viewsTomRAFC

Joe Thompson on 19:56 - May 2 by ChaffRAFC

I would imagine we've offered a contract with the intention of him rejecting it so we can get compensation for him leaving on a free transfer ahead of a move to Barnsley.

That would be my guess anyway.

think you may well be spot on there chaffy

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Joe Thompson on 00:03 - May 4 with 4102 viewsdale10

good shout this
Joe Thompson on 15:15 - May 4 with 3902 viewssweetcorn

Would have been happy to see him stay. However will not be disheartened to see him go. Looked to be giving it a real good go in his limited games this season, so maybe we could have seen him kicking on, but who knows.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Joe Thompson on 15:31 - May 4 with 3876 viewsAtThePeake

Joe Thompson on 22:25 - May 3 by cy74

So, I am trying to work out, if that's the case, what the 'stays and go's' within our squad will be.

The following players loans are ending:

Kurucz
McConville
Long
Symes
Darby
P.Edwards

Players I know/I'm fairly sure contracts run out (not including JLAA if he's getting new deal):

Holden
Amankwaah
Holness
Thompson
Barry-Murphy
Hackney

Players who I'm not sure who's contracts are expiring or are on longer deals:

Widdowson
Kennedy
Twaddle
Gray
Abadaki

Players I am sure/I'm fairly confident are on longer deals:

Grimes
Tutte
Jones
M.Edwards
Jordan
Byrne
Minihan
Watson

(Appreciate that the last 3 are youngsters and are unlikely to be first team regulars)

Transfer Listed:

Nicky Adams

Tangled up in blue.

Joe Thompson on 16:41 - May 4 with 3770 viewsChaffRAFC

Joe Thompson on 15:31 - May 4 by AtThePeake

So, I am trying to work out, if that's the case, what the 'stays and go's' within our squad will be.

The following players loans are ending:

Kurucz
McConville
Long
Symes
Darby
P.Edwards

Players I know/I'm fairly sure contracts run out (not including JLAA if he's getting new deal):

Holden
Amankwaah
Holness
Thompson
Barry-Murphy
Hackney

Players who I'm not sure who's contracts are expiring or are on longer deals:

Widdowson
Kennedy
Twaddle
Gray
Abadaki

Players I am sure/I'm fairly confident are on longer deals:

Grimes
Tutte
Jones
M.Edwards
Jordan
Byrne
Minihan
Watson

(Appreciate that the last 3 are youngsters and are unlikely to be first team regulars)

Transfer Listed:

Nicky Adams

Here is the list I have ATP:

Players out of contract:

Holden
Amankwaah
Barry-Murphy
Thompson
Akpa-Akpro
Lucas
Widdowson
Hackney

Players contracted for next season:

Holness
Jones
Grimes
Kennedy
Tutte
M.Edwards
Jordan
Twaddle
Byrne
Minihan
Watson
Gray
Abadaki

Loans going back:

Kurucz
McConville
Long
Symes
Darby
P.Edwards
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Joe Thompson on 16:52 - May 4 with 3738 viewsTomRAFC

amankwah and widdowson and both good fullbacks at this level and should definately be kept unless jc is bringing in another defender adnsees minihan as a first choice fullback

JLAA should also be kept for his work rate but he and grimes aren't a partnership and require a quality target man to play alongside either of them

Joe Thompson on 16:59 - May 4 with 3718 viewsChaffRAFC

Joe Thompson on 16:52 - May 4 by TomRAFC

amankwah and widdowson and both good fullbacks at this level and should definately be kept unless jc is bringing in another defender adnsees minihan as a first choice fullback

JLAA should also be kept for his work rate but he and grimes aren't a partnership and require a quality target man to play alongside either of them

Really don't rate Amankwaah, he's always got a mistake in him and he'd be on my released list. Would keep Widdowson though. Plus, I'm fairly sure Ste Darby will be released by Liverpool and genuinely think he'll be a transfer target as soon as that happens.

Joe Thompson on 17:02 - May 4 with 3702 viewsTomRAFC

Joe Thompson on 16:59 - May 4 by ChaffRAFC

Really don't rate Amankwaah, he's always got a mistake in him and he'd be on my released list. Would keep Widdowson though. Plus, I'm fairly sure Ste Darby will be released by Liverpool and genuinely think he'll be a transfer target as soon as that happens.

blackpool put in a very generous bid for darby at the start of last season and had it turned down. if he's released i reckon he'll be playing at a higher level

Joe Thompson on 17:20 - May 4 with 3671 viewsNerazzurri

Agree about Amankwaah, not good enough.

Forza Nerazzurri

Joe Thompson on 18:01 - May 4 with 3613 viewsBainesy15

Joe Thompson on 16:59 - May 4 by ChaffRAFC

Liverpool won't release him, they'll put him out on loan in the championship next year then look at offers after that I reckon
Joe Thompson on 18:37 - May 4 with 3568 viewsShun

If the rumours above are to be believed does that mean Widdowson won't be offered a new deal? Real shame.
Joe Thompson on 18:48 - May 4 with 3547 viewssweetcorn

Joe Thompson on 18:37 - May 4 by Shun

If the rumours above are to be believed does that mean Widdowson won't be offered a new deal? Real shame.

Agree Widdowson is talented. We wouldnt get better this year.

Joe Thompson on 18:57 - May 4 with 3520 viewsBrierls

Would be sad but not surprised to see JT leave. It's probably best for all parties if he moves on, he'll always divide opinion here.

Windowson has been poor this season, especially in the second half of the season. His heart didn't look in it at all. Darby was solid if unspectacular early in the season, but he faded badly as the season went on and was often a weak link identified by opposing managers. I wasn't surprised to see him dropped, and I doubt many on here would be so keen to sign him if he was on loan from Tranmere rather than Liverpool. Both Darby & Widdowson would be decent players in League Two, but I won't lose any sleep if I don't see them in a Dale shirt again.
Joe Thompson on 19:04 - May 4 with 3509 viewsseasidedale

I know players need to go , but I am starting to get a bit concerned that we become Accrington reserves. The ex accie signings so far on loan have not exactly inspired me, hope i am wrong
Joe Thompson on 19:57 - May 4 with 3431 viewssweetcorn

Joe Thompson on 19:04 - May 4 by seasidedale

I know players need to go , but I am starting to get a bit concerned that we become Accrington reserves. The ex accie signings so far on loan have not exactly inspired me, hope i am wrong

Why do people seem to constantly say 'hope we dont become accy reserves and sign all ex-accy players'.

I would have thought it was quite clear why he signed all the ex-accy players, we didnt have time to experiment with other clubs players who might come here and do a job, we needed the results instantly and coleman knew it took dedicated players to get out of this mess, not players who came to get in the shop window and are mostly self-centred, therefore he signed players who had worked for him in the past and knew would give him effort if called upon, unfortunatley it didnt work out.

I don't care who we sign next year as long as they are comitted, good enough and want to do well for this club.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024