Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Jones 11:20 - Jun 22 with 10009 viewsleedsdale

Just had official text through to say he is leaving the club on 30th June.

The times they are a changing!

EDIT: Assuming that Coleman has someone who has agreed to join as a replacement
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Gary Jones on 11:26 - Jun 22 with 4198 viewsTomRAFC

i sincerely hope he has someone lined up to come in. Tutte and kennedy is a good starting pair but the squad at the moment looks paper thin.

we desperately need strikers, wingers and now centre mid players as well.

i hope mckintyre comes through aswell or we will also be without a left back.

was it seventh of july jc asaid he wanted his squad in place by? best of luck!

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Gary Jones on 11:27 - Jun 22 with 4175 viewsDaley_Lama

Blimey.

Farewell to Mr Jones, the epitome of the term 'Dale legend'

Poll: DF in or out

Gary Jones on 11:30 - Jun 22 with 4161 viewsBrierls

Jonah has been a fantastic servant to the club, a fantastic captain, and one of very few true Dale legends.

All the best for the future Jonah!
Gary Jones on 11:31 - Jun 22 with 4152 viewsFred_Talbot

I don't really want him to leave, but totally understand why he has to leave.

Nice one Jonah, thanks for the memories

Where's Fred?

Gary Jones on 11:35 - Jun 22 with 4115 viewsfitzochris

Jones, despite what we thought of his on-field performances at the club last season, represented the modern spirit of our club. His departure really does ring the changes and it is now quite clear that the severity of the furore between him and JC last season perhaps wasn't blown out of proportion.

I truly hope JC and Bell have a good number of gentleman's agreements in place with players whose contracts are about to expire, because, as has been said, we need a lot of players in as it stands.

Filling in the blanks up until August and beyond does not make for a harmonious and settled squad - as Eyre found out to his cost. I totally agreed with JC's desire to have a squad in place by July 7th and am clinging to the hope he knew Jones was leaving.

I guess we will find out soon enough.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Gary Jones on 11:36 - Jun 22 with 4104 viewsdebbiesfella

Can't say I'm surprised after what happened towards the end of last season.
Gary leaves us with some fantastic memories. All the very best Garry.
Gary Jones on 11:39 - Jun 22 with 4071 viewsleedsdale

Gary Jones on 11:31 - Jun 22 by Fred_Talbot

I don't really want him to leave, but totally understand why he has to leave.

Nice one Jonah, thanks for the memories

Couldnt have worded it better myself.

Even if BBM signs we need another central midfielder, a left back, a winger or two and a striker (assuming that the two Edwards' sign up)
Gary Jones on 11:44 - Jun 22 with 4031 viewsPRINCE2356

Gary Jones on 11:36 - Jun 22 by debbiesfella

Can't say I'm surprised after what happened towards the end of last season.
Gary leaves us with some fantastic memories. All the very best Garry.

That now leaves 3 players of the promotion season left:

Holness
Kennedy
Thompson

I suppose after the end of last season with the supposed row not surprising, but a sad day and i guess the start of a new era.
Login to get fewer ads

Gary Jones on 11:51 - Jun 22 with 3981 viewsbatman

Apparently bone Bratfurd
Gary Jones on 12:02 - Jun 22 with 3903 viewsheywooddale

Is Jonah due testimonial? i know his time at Dale was split but still think it'd be a nice thing to do and a good way for the fans to say goodbye
Gary Jones on 12:06 - Jun 22 with 3867 viewsClivert

Gary Jones on 11:51 - Jun 22 by batman

Apparently bone Bratfurd

Been told the same.

Goodbye and good luck Jonah, as said above a Dale legend and I doubt that his club appearance record will ever be beaten.
Gary Jones on 12:13 - Jun 22 with 3810 viewssandylaner1

understand the reasons for this, but shocked all the same.

thank you gary and all the best

Gary Jones on 12:13 - Jun 22 with 3813 viewsrafc1984

Gutted. Been a top top player for us, always gave 100%. Hope to see him back at the club in the future.

Thanks for everything Gary
Gary Jones on 12:14 - Jun 22 with 3805 views100notout

But he was still under contract?

Have we sold him or come to a mutual release agreement?

I'm confused

Oh heywoodale - where have you been this last year! - this has been his testimonial year with events held to raise money for him e.g. Chinese night

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Gary Jones on 12:20 - Jun 22 with 3751 viewssuc

Great servant but time to move on. For me last season was a season too many for Gary
Gary Jones on 12:22 - Jun 22 with 3733 viewselectricblue

Could that mean jones out - proctor in?..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Gary Jones on 12:23 - Jun 22 with 3723 viewsolympicdale

wow it wont be the same without Jonah at the club, I really hope Jc an Jb have a replacement in mind, while jones didnt have his best year he is a true legend, shows big bollocks though to do this, certainly going to be an interesting few weeks. thanks for everything jones!

Life is a game of fate.

Gary Jones on 12:24 - Jun 22 with 3708 viewslurker

I'm just amazed that no other media outlet has reported this before our very own Official Site!
Gary Jones on 12:28 - Jun 22 with 3674 viewsToffeemanc

Sad to see him go, still think he could have done a good job for us next season. It really feels like the heart of the club has been ripped out over the last 12 months with all the players that have left and the goings on both on the pitch and behind the scenes.

Goodbye and good luck Jonah. Left us with many wonderful memories and a genuine club legend. Think we should probably expect him to be lining up against us at some point next season and I am sure he will get a fantastic reception when he does.

It will really seem strange starting next season without him leading the team out.

Hope we have definite deals for replacement players in place now, also now wondering who the next captain will be? Personal preference would be Jason Kennedy if he is still here and not sold before the season starts.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Gary Jones on 12:31 - Jun 22 with 3653 viewselectricblue

Gary Jones on 12:28 - Jun 22 by Toffeemanc

Sad to see him go, still think he could have done a good job for us next season. It really feels like the heart of the club has been ripped out over the last 12 months with all the players that have left and the goings on both on the pitch and behind the scenes.

Goodbye and good luck Jonah. Left us with many wonderful memories and a genuine club legend. Think we should probably expect him to be lining up against us at some point next season and I am sure he will get a fantastic reception when he does.

It will really seem strange starting next season without him leading the team out.

Hope we have definite deals for replacement players in place now, also now wondering who the next captain will be? Personal preference would be Jason Kennedy if he is still here and not sold before the season starts.

Yeah i agree with that make Kennedy captain....
Might stay then and add value to him as well..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Gary Jones on 12:32 - Jun 22 with 3640 viewsToffeemanc

Gary Jones on 11:44 - Jun 22 by PRINCE2356

That now leaves 3 players of the promotion season left:

Holness
Kennedy
Thompson

I suppose after the end of last season with the supposed row not surprising, but a sad day and i guess the start of a new era.

If Kennedy is sold and i think it could happen, then it is very likely that there won't be any of the players from the promotion season left for the start of next season as I think it is widely accepted that both Holness and Thompson don't figure in Colemans plans.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Gary Jones on 12:32 - Jun 22 with 3640 viewsmaybee

Farewell Gary Jones, and thankyou for your time here. Most fans will have fond memories of your time at Rochdale, as I hope you have of playing for us.

I doubt we will ever see a player play so many games for us again, given the freedom of contract rules.

Good luck with your new challenge.
Gary Jones on 12:33 - Jun 22 with 3638 viewsusername

Goodbye Gary and Good Luck! :)
Gary Jones on 12:34 - Jun 22 with 3619 viewsColDale

Fantastic player who I will only ever take great memories of. I don't think it is hyperbole to describe him as our club's greatest ever player, whether that be in terms of appearances or achievements.
Gary Jones on 12:43 - Jun 22 with 3559 viewsphomem

Not surprised his best behind him but always a dale legend
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024