Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Jones 11:20 - Jun 22 with 10189 viewsleedsdale

Just had official text through to say he is leaving the club on 30th June.

The times they are a changing!

EDIT: Assuming that Coleman has someone who has agreed to join as a replacement
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Gary Jones on 19:08 - Jun 22 with 1667 views442Dale

Gary Jones on 19:02 - Jun 22 by olympicdale

based on the rumours surrounding of the fall out with Coleman/Bell, hope it was just bullshit and he felt he needed a change, hope he gets a standing ovation at the Bratfurd game on 2nd oct.

But any fallout still didn't stop Jones getting picked, nor should it affect a decision to let a player know he won't be first choice. Completely a football decision.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gary Jones on 19:50 - Jun 22 with 1586 viewsYadHoDale

I've got a lot of time for Gary Jones.

Put in 100% for The Dale every time he played, and had far more skill than he's often credited with.

Not irreplaceable, however - no-one is. JK and Tutte are very competent players, BBM provides experienced cover and John Coleman may well have his eyes on someone for central midfield.

David Perkins, Simon Ramsden and Adam LeFondre were three other very good players for 'Dale in the recent past in terms of attitude and ability on the pitch, but all had left (for whatever reason) before we got promoted. I think and hope that John Coleman has enough about him to find replacements, from inside or outside the squad, for Gary Jones, Josh Widdowson and JLAA.

I look forward to Gary reappearing - at Curry On Up The Dale if not on the pitch.
Gary Jones on 19:53 - Jun 22 with 1577 viewsSiDale

Bit slow off the mark today. Only just found out. Gutted!

I know it was probably time for him to move on, but it's still a wrench.

All the best for the future Gary.
Gary Jones on 22:03 - Jun 22 with 1467 viewsArthurDaley

Feel really gutted that Gary has left the club, but time marches on, and nobody last forever.Just like to say a big thank you to Gary for what he has done for Rochdale AFC.

Another ex player to score against the Dale.

A large VAT Dave

Gary Jones on 22:43 - Jun 22 with 1427 viewsShun

Farewell to a legend.
Gary Jones on 07:35 - Jun 26 with 1153 viewsaleanddale

Best of Luck Jonah and thanks for the memories.

A True Dale legend who has been with us in both dark times and unbelievably brilliant times.

I for one will aplaud him as loud as i can when he returns with the bantams - Oct 2nd.

His boots will take some filling!! JC - over to you!!
Gary Jones on 20:16 - Jun 26 with 1010 viewssoulboy

Just like to say thanks and good luck to Jonah, players that play so many games for 1 club these days is a rarity. Like everyone one else i'll always remember his goal at Southampton, but for me the 1 at Bristol Rovers just after Parkin had gone to Barnsley was almost as good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024