Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Jones 11:20 - Jun 22 with 10020 viewsleedsdale

Just had official text through to say he is leaving the club on 30th June.

The times they are a changing!

EDIT: Assuming that Coleman has someone who has agreed to join as a replacement
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Gary Jones on 14:52 - Jun 22 with 1999 viewsD_Alien

Gary Jones on 14:31 - Jun 22 by Daley_Lama

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/9777800.Bradford_City_snap_up_Jones/

" The City chief said: "He’s a leader and has a great desire to play football.

He played 50 games last season in League One and the same the year before. "

Bloody hell, no wonder he looked knackered!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Gary Jones on 15:03 - Jun 22 with 1946 viewsolympicdale

Gary Jones on 14:51 - Jun 22 by Banned4ever

Well one of the posters on here dose because they posted the Rangers story.

Have you got anger issues ?

now take a deep breath and say Bury Fc are a lge 1 team .

means a lot to you that doesn't it....

Life is a game of fate.

Gary Jones on 15:11 - Jun 22 with 1933 viewsBanned4ever

Gary Jones on 15:03 - Jun 22 by olympicdale

means a lot to you that doesn't it....

Im sure it means a lot to anyone when they get out of lge 2 its a gash lge.

I for 1 hope we never enter that lge again
Gary Jones on 15:16 - Jun 22 with 1918 viewsgresh1

Thanx for everything Gary, especially Southampton. Great memories. Good luck.
Gary Jones on 15:17 - Jun 22 with 1915 viewswimborne_dale

A picture tells a thousand words.
Here are just some of the pictures:-

Edgar Allan's Crow

Gary Jones on 15:31 - Jun 22 with 1857 viewsBanned4ever

Gary Jones on 15:17 - Jun 22 by wimborne_dale

A picture tells a thousand words.
Here are just some of the pictures:-

That Goal by jones against Southampton was class
Gary Jones on 15:39 - Jun 22 with 1825 viewssweetcorn

First time i'm going to question the managers decision, but this can't be right for the club surely? Our clubs own version of an iconic figure, which we are lucky to have, as not every club do and i'm more than certain he can perform in league two.

Are any other player going to put the same effort in and hold the club as close to their heart. NOT A CHANCE.

Absolutley shocked and saddened by Jones leaving.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Gary Jones on 15:57 - Jun 22 with 1764 viewselectricblue

Since it was confirmed that Jones ia going to Bradford how many of you looked up the fixture..
Comon own up....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Gary Jones on 15:58 - Jun 22 with 1756 viewsTalkingSutty

Gary Jones on 15:39 - Jun 22 by sweetcorn

First time i'm going to question the managers decision, but this can't be right for the club surely? Our clubs own version of an iconic figure, which we are lucky to have, as not every club do and i'm more than certain he can perform in league two.

Are any other player going to put the same effort in and hold the club as close to their heart. NOT A CHANCE.

My sentiments exactly,how old is BBM ? Yet nobody seems to bat a eyelid about him being offered a new contract. Bradford City must be laughing up their sleeve,i hope Coleman has a good replacement lined up
Thanks for the memories Jonah and i am sure you will have a cracking season with the Bantams.
Gary Jones on 16:01 - Jun 22 with 1745 viewsBartRowou

Anyone want half a calendar?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Gary Jones on 16:03 - Jun 22 with 1738 viewsSuddenLad

I will always remember Gary Jones for being the ultimate Dale player in terms of longevity, inspiration, passion and leadership. His like will not be seen again in a Dale shirt for many years to come - if at all.

That said, there comes a natural time when it is right for players to move on. Obviously the team is in a transitional period and the new manager seeks to build a team in his own image. Gary Jones has had his best days at Spotland and however hard it is for some to accept, he does not represent the long term future of our team.

Last season Gary Jones was attracting some negative comments about his performance, attitude and commitment and I'd rather he left now than become the subject of abuse from some quarters for another season.

We should all recognise what a fantastic servant he has been for this club, both on and off the field, and he leaves with my best wishes and heartfelt thanks for being the consummate professional whilst wearing a Dale shirt. It will take an enormous character to replace him as a leader and whoever gets the armband has a very hard act to follow.

Thank you for everything Gary and farewell.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Gary Jones on 16:13 - Jun 22 with 1691 viewsolympicdale

Gary Jones on 15:11 - Jun 22 by Banned4ever

Im sure it means a lot to anyone when they get out of lge 2 its a gash lge.

I for 1 hope we never enter that lge again

wasn't meaning that and you know it, just being ahead of dale in any league is a big feather in your lots caps int it;)

Life is a game of fate.

Gary Jones on 16:20 - Jun 22 with 1668 viewsolympicdale

surely Jones is due a testimonial, are there any plans in the pipeline to give the fans a proper chance to say bye.

Life is a game of fate.

Gary Jones on 16:35 - Jun 22 with 1630 viewsisitme

Gary Jones on 15:58 - Jun 22 by TalkingSutty

My sentiments exactly,how old is BBM ? Yet nobody seems to bat a eyelid about him being offered a new contract. Bradford City must be laughing up their sleeve,i hope Coleman has a good replacement lined up
Thanks for the memories Jonah and i am sure you will have a cracking season with the Bantams.

I think the comparison is with wages and role. Was Gary Jones worth lets say £2,000 a week as a starting midfielder last season? Is BBM worth (again picking a random figure) £800 a week as a squad player and occasional coach next season?

The question should be how much value can we get from each player?

Gary Jones has been a fantastic servant to the club, but last season was a season too far. I would have rather his wage been spent on a goalkeeper or a centre forward. Only time will tell how well he does at Bradford and I wish him well, apart from when he plays against us, although it would take an upturn in form for him to make the difference you expect him to make.
Gary Jones on 16:39 - Jun 22 with 1615 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Gary Jones on 16:20 - Jun 22 by olympicdale

surely Jones is due a testimonial, are there any plans in the pipeline to give the fans a proper chance to say bye.

Hope so too - he deserves that.

Clearly Coleman wants to make his mark and that Jonah was a strong personality and would have had influence and respect in the dressing room - Sure after last seasons bust up/s it was going to happen so Coley could stamp his authority on the dressing room.

Really think that Jonah could have offered more than BBM if he and Coley got on - but him moving proves one had to go - and clearly it was never going to be Coley!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Gary Jones on 18:08 - Jun 22 with 1477 viewsJumeirahDale

Blimey. Gutted to see Jonah go, but the time is right.

We've had some great times (the cheeky chip over Ankergren down in Brighton and the screamer at St. Mary's will live long in my memory), but the time has come for us to part ways.

Best of luck Jonah, thanks for everything.
Gary Jones on 18:10 - Jun 22 with 1464 viewsThreeLions

He was OK I suppose......
Gary Jones on 18:15 - Jun 22 with 1457 views442Dale

Gary Jones on 15:39 - Jun 22 by sweetcorn

Think this thread is a good indicator to Jones' importance next season. It's not to say that some fans think he could have done a job for us, more that he's not integral to our future and maybe it's time for a change.

Keith Hill made the decision to offer Jones a contract that saw a move being a possibility last summer, Eyre arrived and the captain decided to stay and signed for another two years. I know whose judgment I'd trust.

Gary Jones will forever be seen as a fantastic servant, but last season various managers stuck with him for far too long and it certainly didn't help in the relegation battle. One more season on the periphery of the squad wouldn't have been what Jones would want, and while we may have benefited from him in such an "impact player" role he rightly sought something new.

Not sure why Coleman is getting much of mention because all he's done is agree to the player's request after he said he "would like a fresh challenge".

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gary Jones on 18:19 - Jun 22 with 1440 viewsfunkkk

He's been a good player for us down the years but not arsed he's leaving. It's time for change and I think at times he's had too much of an influence at the club.

Fair enough if some people want to consider him a legend but greatest ever player? I think not.
Gary Jones on 18:24 - Jun 22 with 1418 viewsolympicdale

Gary Jones on 18:15 - Jun 22 by 442Dale

Think this thread is a good indicator to Jones' importance next season. It's not to say that some fans think he could have done a job for us, more that he's not integral to our future and maybe it's time for a change.

Keith Hill made the decision to offer Jones a contract that saw a move being a possibility last summer, Eyre arrived and the captain decided to stay and signed for another two years. I know whose judgment I'd trust.

Gary Jones will forever be seen as a fantastic servant, but last season various managers stuck with him for far too long and it certainly didn't help in the relegation battle. One more season on the periphery of the squad wouldn't have been what Jones would want, and while we may have benefited from him in such an "impact player" role he rightly sought something new.

Not sure why Coleman is getting much of mention because all he's done is agree to the player's request after he said he "would like a fresh challenge".

"Not sure why Coleman is getting much of mention because all he's done is agree to the player's request after he said he "would like a fresh challenge"."

this could be code for "Sorry Gary your not in my plans, best for both parties if you moved on"

I would guess this is a class of personalities other than "footballing reasons"

Life is a game of fate.

Gary Jones on 18:35 - Jun 22 with 1398 views442Dale

Gary Jones on 18:24 - Jun 22 by olympicdale

"Not sure why Coleman is getting much of mention because all he's done is agree to the player's request after he said he "would like a fresh challenge"."

this could be code for "Sorry Gary your not in my plans, best for both parties if you moved on"

I would guess this is a class of personalities other than "footballing reasons"

Based on what? Jones was back in the side the week after he was left out, presumably a decision made on football grounds. We won the game he missed but the manager felt the team would still benefit from his return to the side.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gary Jones on 18:42 - Jun 22 with 1376 viewsHopwoodblue

Thank god for that !!! Now lets all move on for goodness sake

Up the Dale !

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Gary Jones on 18:43 - Jun 22 with 1373 viewsSuddenLad

Last season was a bit of a watershed for Gary Jones. Before Hillcroft left, he was only offered a 1 year deal and then they left. Gary Jones negotiated himself a move to Peter Jackson's Bratfud, but at the last minute was then offered a 2 year deal at Spotland and did an 'about turn', remaining at Spotland.

I got the distinct impression at the time that the offer of a 2-year deal to remain at Spotland had more to do with the Chairman than the new manager (Eyre).

I think Eyre realised that this was an early opportunity to 'get the fans onside' and agreed to the deal rather than risking upsetting the apple cart with his first managerial decision.

Either way it's irrelevant now, but I think Hillcroft was right by offering only a 1-year deal.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Gary Jones on 18:48 - Jun 22 with 1349 viewspioneer

Gary Jones on 14:52 - Jun 22 by D_Alien

" The City chief said: "He’s a leader and has a great desire to play football.

He played 50 games last season in League One and the same the year before. "

Bloody hell, no wonder he looked knackered!

Was he moonlighting? Dale only palyed 46 each year.
Gary Jones on 19:02 - Jun 22 with 1327 viewsolympicdale

Gary Jones on 18:35 - Jun 22 by 442Dale

Based on what? Jones was back in the side the week after he was left out, presumably a decision made on football grounds. We won the game he missed but the manager felt the team would still benefit from his return to the side.

based on the rumours surrounding of the fall out with Coleman/Bell, hope it was just bullshit and he felt he needed a change, hope he gets a standing ovation at the Bratfurd game on 2nd oct.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024