Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Macca memory? 19:15 - Jun 26 with 2418 viewsHayesender

Appologies if it's already been done but here goes.

For me there are two that stand out for me.

The thumping header at stamford bridge in the quarter final. I lost my footing on the away terrace and tumbled down the terrace like a bouncing bomb, but didn't care less about the bumps and bruises.

My other stand out memory of the great man is of him scoring the winning penalty up at Grimsby on a cold horrible tuesday night.

I got home so late/early from that game I didn't even have time to go home and change before work.

Still hasn't sunk in

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Best Macca memory? on 19:30 - Jun 27 with 470 viewsAgedR

His debut against, I think, Blackpool in the cup. 10.1 wasn't it, or has my memory completely gone? Remember thinking, doesn't he run funny. God bless Macca

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Best Macca memory? on 21:07 - Jun 27 with 442 viewsWatfordR

Best Macca memory? on 19:19 - Jun 27 by blacky200

No one real memory that stands out. Just remember never worrying about someone trying to bully the defence. I may be wrong but I remember going to Oxford United's old cow shed of a ground once and QPR clearing so many balls out of the ground that there was a delay while they got more balls. Macca was responsible for more than one of those and there was a suspicion among the travelling faithful that there was some kind of bet going on between the QPR players as Macca had a big smile on his face as they went.

Might be wrong here, but in one of those games at the Manor Ground, it rained torrentially throughout the second half, remember through a drunken haze that the Rangers faithful kept themselves worn by dancing and singing like crtazy. 3-3 it finished but didnt Macca have an overhead bicycle kick that thundered off the bar? Thought at the time it had to have been John Byrne but was told by one or two others that it was Macca?
Best Macca memory? on 21:41 - Jun 27 with 433 viewsloftboy

Best Macca memory? on 21:07 - Jun 27 by WatfordR

Might be wrong here, but in one of those games at the Manor Ground, it rained torrentially throughout the second half, remember through a drunken haze that the Rangers faithful kept themselves worn by dancing and singing like crtazy. 3-3 it finished but didnt Macca have an overhead bicycle kick that thundered off the bar? Thought at the time it had to have been John Byrne but was told by one or two others that it was Macca?

The 3-3 was the week before the milk cup final, walker scored 1, and peacock and maguire made their debuts, I'm sure the overhead kick was in the cup against westham when the game got held up for an hour.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Best Macca memory? on 21:49 - Jun 27 with 431 viewsloftus77

Best Macca memory? on 23:33 - Jun 26 by N12Hoop

Didn't he score a goal one Easter at Vicarage Road that sent Watford down. Mid 80s.? After that game and a long walk around the allotments to get out of the ground we spent an hour searching for our car thanks to the police forcing us in the wrong direction.

Yep - that's a memory - I think it was 1987-88 season (Easter Monday?) - great volley from Macca infront of the away end (which is now the Watford Home End - the Rookery? - nowadays). We were singing '"you're going down with the Chelsea" at the Watford - and both clubs duly did. Imagine that these days.

Other memories of Macca - I've never seen a defender look more distraught after he accidently turned the ball in his own net at home to Leeds in front of the School End in 1993-4ish?? He was superb that day and we still won 3-2. Also, I'm sure he scored for Rangers at the old Plough Lane once in a game against Wimbledon when Sir Les bizarrely scored an own goal?? Again 1992-93 ish?

The late FA Cup equaliser against Man U in 1989 I will always remember. I was away at uni and I can still hear the late great BBC radio commentator Peter Jones's voice "many Rangers fans are disappearing into the West London night fearing their team has shot their bolt." Macca, as ever, had other ideas.

A legend - really sad.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Best Macca memory? on 21:49 - Jun 27 with 431 viewsWatfordR

Best Macca memory? on 21:41 - Jun 27 by loftboy

The 3-3 was the week before the milk cup final, walker scored 1, and peacock and maguire made their debuts, I'm sure the overhead kick was in the cup against westham when the game got held up for an hour.

Yeah that was the game, and it was definitely in that Oxford game the incident I was thinking of. As i said, couldn't be sure who had the overhead because the rain was so heavy the water was just running down my forehead and into my eyes.
Best Macca memory? on 22:33 - Jun 27 with 414 viewsMrSheen

Early in the 1987-88 season, we went to Plough Lane unbeaten. Fashanu had a go at bullying Paul Parker, who I think had just signed for us, and Macca gave him a real battering all afternoon. We won 2-1 in a place where we were normally useless.
Best Macca memory? on 22:41 - Jun 27 with 409 viewsloftboy

Best Macca memory? on 22:33 - Jun 27 by MrSheen

Early in the 1987-88 season, we went to Plough Lane unbeaten. Fashanu had a go at bullying Paul Parker, who I think had just signed for us, and Macca gave him a real battering all afternoon. We won 2-1 in a place where we were normally useless.

Fashanu elbowed Kevin brock that day right in front of where we were sitting, had to pull my nutty mate off the fence to have a go at fash.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024