Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trip to Austria 16:30 - Jul 14 with 6955 viewsqlrken05

Ahead of the trip to Austria, I would just like to wish JC and the sunshine band (Dale) a very good trip, some good team bonding and plenty of fitness training. Also can we have lots of info again please from our CEO.
Come on ROCHDALE

Come on Rochdale... Come on Rochdale

Trip to Austria on 17:48 - Jul 14 with 5950 viewsrafc1977

I'm sure we will get all of the above, a slight worry for me though is this... IF we are taking all the trialists ( even only half of them) they won't all get contracts and could that money be spent elsewhere? (improved bid for L1 striker) Also (and I'm sure ours and the majority of managers) would have liked the squad better filled out by now as whoever signs after we get back has missed one hell of a week of training, bonding, and ethos of JC/JB.
Trip to Austria on 17:54 - Jul 14 with 5924 viewsTVOS1907

Trip to Austria on 17:48 - Jul 14 by rafc1977

I'm sure we will get all of the above, a slight worry for me though is this... IF we are taking all the trialists ( even only half of them) they won't all get contracts and could that money be spent elsewhere? (improved bid for L1 striker) Also (and I'm sure ours and the majority of managers) would have liked the squad better filled out by now as whoever signs after we get back has missed one hell of a week of training, bonding, and ethos of JC/JB.

Jimmy Bell said after the Radcliffe match that they would make a decision yesterday about the trialists, so I guess most of them will have been told not to bring their passports and the only ones to travel are those who impressed most and who are the nearest to what we want.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Trip to Austria on 18:06 - Jul 14 with 5903 viewsrafc1977

Trip to Austria on 17:54 - Jul 14 by TVOS1907

Jimmy Bell said after the Radcliffe match that they would make a decision yesterday about the trialists, so I guess most of them will have been told not to bring their passports and the only ones to travel are those who impressed most and who are the nearest to what we want.

Cheers for that TVOS, hopefully some of the money saved may just get us a player jc wants.
Trip to Austria on 19:45 - Jul 14 with 5796 viewsChaffRAFC

Trip to Austria on 17:54 - Jul 14 by TVOS1907

So if that's the case, I'd be taking:

Steve Irwin
Liam Irwin
Ian Craney
Ray Putterill
Jack Compton
Matty Pearson

Think these lads deserve another look and a chance to prove themselves. The others didn't impress sufficiently, nor looked like they had anything about them.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Trip to Austria on 19:47 - Jul 14 with 5791 viewsTVOS1907

Trip to Austria on 19:45 - Jul 14 by ChaffRAFC

Steve Irwin
Liam Irwin
Ian Craney
Ray Putterill
Jack Compton
Matty Pearson

Think these lads deserve another look and a chance to prove themselves. The others didn't impress sufficiently, nor looked like they had anything about them.

So you wouldn't be taking "reminds me of Akpro" Paco Banton?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Trip to Austria on 19:52 - Jul 14 with 5784 viewsChaffRAFC

Trip to Austria on 19:47 - Jul 14 by TVOS1907

Erm....................

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Trip to Austria on 20:04 - Jul 14 with 5762 viewsolympicdale

Trip to Austria on 19:52 - Jul 14 by ChaffRAFC

Erm....................

wouldnt be tempted to take Jemal Johnson?

Life is a game of fate.

Trip to Austria on 20:05 - Jul 14 with 5762 viewsTVOS1907

No.

Login to get fewer ads

Trip to Austria on 20:07 - Jul 14 with 5759 viewsolympicdale

Trip to Austria on 20:05 - Jul 14 by TVOS1907

No.

Jack Compton I feel could be worth a short term deal, 6 month one maybe, did well when on loan at Bradford if memory serves right.

Life is a game of fate.

Trip to Austria on 20:18 - Jul 14 with 5745 views442Dale

Would have liked to have seen Danny Johnson on the left, didn't look a centre forward. Compton kept running into his man.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trip to Austria on 20:18 - Jul 14 with 5744 viewsRalphs12

Steve Irwin
Liam Irwin
Ian Craney
Ray Putterill
Jack Compton
Matty Pearson

Think I'd also take that Luke Holden lad, of he's the one who played with yellow boots grey ish hair.
Trip to Austria on 20:37 - Jul 14 with 5717 viewsroccydaleian

Trip to Austria on 19:47 - Jul 14 by TVOS1907

Ha.Could be good in a Dale shirt
Trip to Austria on 20:40 - Jul 14 with 5712 viewsqlrken05

who was the lad that came on at the start of the second half, with no number on his shirt, played just in front of the back line, I thought he was very good , but i dont know his name. any help from anyone ?

Come on Rochdale... Come on Rochdale

Trip to Austria on 22:07 - Jul 14 with 5649 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Trip to Austria on 20:18 - Jul 14 by 442Dale

Would have liked to have seen Danny Johnson on the left, didn't look a centre forward. Compton kept running into his man.

Get him to Specsavers...........then sign him!
Trip to Austria on 22:21 - Jul 14 with 5631 viewsRalphs12

Trip to Austria on 20:40 - Jul 14 by qlrken05

who was the lad that came on at the start of the second half, with no number on his shirt, played just in front of the back line, I thought he was very good , but i dont know his name. any help from anyone ?

Liam irwin I think. Was very impressed with him very neat and tidy on the ball.
Trip to Austria on 22:56 - Jul 14 with 5601 viewsusername

to be honest i would want to give Jemal Johnson another chance
Trip to Austria on 23:06 - Jul 14 with 5585 viewsRalphs12

Trip to Austria on 22:56 - Jul 14 by username

to be honest i would want to give Jemal Johnson another chance

Thing is, like Ashley Grimes has been accused of Jemal seemed to have a big attitude problem. For a trialist to be spitting the dummy out because he didnt get passed to, even though he lost it at every opportunity was something I couldn't forgive.
Trip to Austria on 00:18 - Jul 15 with 5535 viewsolympicdale

Trip to Austria on 23:06 - Jul 14 by Ralphs12

Thing is, like Ashley Grimes has been accused of Jemal seemed to have a big attitude problem. For a trialist to be spitting the dummy out because he didnt get passed to, even though he lost it at every opportunity was something I couldn't forgive.

well if thats the case then he can f off, dont need another one like that.

Life is a game of fate.

Trip to Austria on 09:04 - Jul 15 with 5469 viewsRalphs12

Trip to Austria on 00:18 - Jul 15 by olympicdale

well if thats the case then he can f off, dont need another one like that.

I could be being harsh and maybe he was trying really hard to impress but it looked very petulant to me.
Trip to Austria on 10:44 - Jul 15 with 5397 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Steve Irwin
Liam Irwin
Ian Craney
Ray Putterill
Jack Compton
Matty Pearson

I still wouldn't have Ian Craney in the Starting XI set up i'd keep him on the bench when Accrington Fans are only rating him 4/10 surely there are better out there because they rated Kevin McIntyre 7/10 which shows they are in two totally different classes

That Akpa - Akpro like guy looks powerfull but needs working on then would probably make just as big a impact as JLAA did

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Trip to Austria on 11:11 - Jul 15 with 5362 views442Dale

Trip to Austria on 10:44 - Jul 15 by DaleAwaydayBot

I still wouldn't have Ian Craney in the Starting XI set up i'd keep him on the bench when Accrington Fans are only rating him 4/10 surely there are better out there because they rated Kevin McIntyre 7/10 which shows they are in two totally different classes

That Akpa - Akpro like guy looks powerfull but needs working on then would probably make just as big a impact as JLAA did

Craney's issues are his fitness. Quality wise he's an excellent player and Accrington fans who are thinking straight would give him more than 4/10.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trip to Austria on 12:00 - Jul 15 with 5322 viewsolympicdale

Trip to Austria on 10:44 - Jul 15 by DaleAwaydayBot

what does that matter, i seem to recall Grimsby fans saying the same about Widdowson, Hereford fans werent too complimentary of Done, and not to mention any club Cog played for, its all about how they do here, if he's good enough for JC then he needs to be given a chance.

Life is a game of fate.

Trip to Austria on 12:06 - Jul 15 with 5310 viewsphomem

Add to that lambert was lazy, holty too fat and Barnes homer was crap... Hold ob occasionally opposition fans know what they're talking about
Trip to Austria on 12:22 - Jul 15 with 5289 viewsYorkshire_Dale

We can't afford to have another Hackney on board in the case of an unfit Ian Craney this season.....there are no places for passengers at San Spotty.

Also hope we are not taking a bunch of free-loaders to Austria.

They are not Members of Parliament!
Trip to Austria on 12:44 - Jul 15 with 5258 viewsmikehunt

My worry was the lack of height in our team v Radcliffe.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024