Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RVP - United 19:30 - Aug 15 with 3075 viewsdubaistu

Great move for him and shrewd business by Fergie once again
RVP - United on 21:20 - Aug 15 with 980 viewsJamie

RVP - United on 21:10 - Aug 15 by karlski

How did you come to figure that? Kagawa and Nick Powell are going to take Utd, who failed to win last year, past City?

City winning will give them huge confidence, and having a settled side will I think play to their advantage too. They will know how to handle themselves and play as a unit, much like Utd do when on song. Utd have injury and form concerns with Ferdinand and Vidic, and no strength in depth in centre midfield.

Even with RVP, I would find it hard to make Utd favourites. His signing will make it a bit of a contest though!

City's problems remain from last season IMO. Namely that:

1. they are an injury from Stefan Savic, and Kompany has been struggling all summer with a thigh problem,
2. They have Roberto Mancini in charge, football's own David Brent,
3. Carlos Tevez & Mario Balotelli will not keep themselves from the headlines
4. Yaya Toure is off to the ACN for 6 weeks again.

United have Vidic & it looks like Fletcher back, Jones, Smalling & Rafael are all a year older and more experienced. Add to that Ferguson wont let the complacency of last season slip in. City shouldve never won the title last year from the situation Mancini got them into.

Routine without Van Persie, over by Easter with him IMO.

Mancini knows it as well, hence his slating of Marwood for not getting in any replacements and a panicked signing of Rodwell who at the moment is neither good enough, nor fit enough to make a difference.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
RVP - United on 21:27 - Aug 15 with 970 viewsJeff

aaaaaw shit, i agree with Jamie.

i'm off for a lie down...

Can we not knock it?

RVP - United on 21:30 - Aug 15 with 964 viewskarlski

RVP - United on 21:20 - Aug 15 by Jamie

1. they are an injury from Stefan Savic, and Kompany has been struggling all summer with a thigh problem,

United have Vidic & it looks like Fletcher back, Jones, Smalling & Rafael are all a year older and more experienced. Add to that Ferguson wont let the complacency of last season slip in. City shouldve never won the title last year from the situation Mancini got them into.

Mancini knows it as well, hence his slating of Marwood for not getting in any replacements and a panicked signing of Rodwell who at the moment is neither good enough, nor fit enough to make a difference.

1. Yes Savic doesn't inspire much confidence! But similarly Rafael is absolutely terrible. As far as I know Kompany's thigh thing is not considered a long term chronic injury whereas Vidic/Ferdinand break down with persistent problems....but either way this is all speculation on the injury front so who knows!
2. He's a bit odd but a good manager.
3. Doubt they'll be as much combined trouble as last season and Tevez looks a man re-invented, best shape of his career.
4. Rodwell...haha.

But yeah fair enough, both have potential problems. I just think City, after getting over line last season, will play with more confidence and belief this time, especially when going gets tough. But you're right, Ferguson will have utd well up for it...not convinced they can continue to rely on giggs and scholes to be honest though.
RVP - United on 21:31 - Aug 15 with 959 viewsHollowayRanger

RVP - United on 21:20 - Aug 15 by Jamie

yea but giggs and scholes and rio all a year older and creaking

vidic fully recovered enough to play 40-50 games a season?

keeper still iffy

rooney and rvp two big egos could get interesting

my money would be on city they would have walked it last season but for teves acting up

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

RVP - United on 22:23 - Aug 15 with 913 viewsQPR1882

RVP - United on 22:26 - Aug 15 with 907 viewsdaveB

with the 5 strikers united have he may only pick rvp for about 20 league games this season to keep him fresh, a very good signing for them, i hope they win it back this year, was very funny to see City beat them to it last year but would be good for the league for united to hit back and make it an exciting couple of years, as long as chelsea don't win it i'll be happy though
RVP - United on 00:08 - Aug 16 with 874 viewsingeminate

Astonished by a lot of what I've read on this thread, anyone with any sense knows United are finished now they lost Park.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

RVP - United on 00:53 - Aug 16 with 866 viewsJoolzz

Actually dont think Utd have too many strikers.If they do well in CL and cups they could end up playing over 50 matches.Its their midfield which is going to struggle imo.Have a cpl of Manc clients who are ST holders,and they both say no creative mf is their biggest worry,and Evra,who they all reckon has past it.Think city have the edge and have more youth on their side.Personally couldnt give a to$$ either way.
Imo,even if RVP does stay fit ,wont be enough unless Fergie unearths MF gem
Login to get fewer ads

RVP - United on 01:04 - Aug 16 with 859 viewsEalingRanger

RVP - United on 21:31 - Aug 15 by HollowayRanger

yea but giggs and scholes and rio all a year older and creaking

vidic fully recovered enough to play 40-50 games a season?

keeper still iffy

rooney and rvp two big egos could get interesting

my money would be on city they would have walked it last season but for teves acting up

No United would have walked it last season were it not for injuries. They were top of the injury table last season, City were at the bottom. If Mancini hadn't been able to call on Kompany for the majority of the season (like Utd and Vidic) they wouldn't have been in the top 2 IMO. They would have had to play Savic and there would have been many more performances of the like they had at our place last season e.g. dodgy at the back.

Kagawa is going to surprise people as well, he is a formidable player.
RVP - United on 09:02 - Aug 16 with 822 viewsVish

SAF bought Van Persie for Europe as much as for fighting for the title.

He probably only needs Van Persie to play 20-25 league games - and will use Wellbeck etc for the inbetweens. However Van Persie will start every European game.
RVP - United on 09:34 - Aug 16 with 803 viewsrobith

Also perhaps being away from Arsenal's catastrophic medical team and not being thrown back into action the second he can walk again might help his injury record.
RVP - United on 09:52 - Aug 16 with 784 viewsdaveB

as much as it pains me to say I think Chelsea have a good chance of the title as well, the new players will take time to settle but if they can stay in touch by Christmas I fancy them to be strong in the second half of the season
RVP - United on 12:53 - Aug 16 with 752 viewskensalriser

Surprised that so many are writing off City. Silva is better than any Utd midfielder for a start. I do think it's all about Tevez and Balotelli, though. With their heads in the right place City will be hard to stop.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

RVP - United on 13:05 - Aug 16 with 743 viewsR_from_afar

RVP - United on 19:40 - Aug 15 by TacticalR

But which Van Persie will they get? The one who scored all those goals for Arsenal last season, or the one firing blanks at Euro 2012?

...or the one who misses huge swathes of the season through injury (which is no joke).

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

RVP - United on 13:07 - Aug 16 with 731 viewsDANRANGER

RVP - United on 01:04 - Aug 16 by EalingRanger

No United would have walked it last season were it not for injuries. They were top of the injury table last season, City were at the bottom. If Mancini hadn't been able to call on Kompany for the majority of the season (like Utd and Vidic) they wouldn't have been in the top 2 IMO. They would have had to play Savic and there would have been many more performances of the like they had at our place last season e.g. dodgy at the back.

Kagawa is going to surprise people as well, he is a formidable player.

Kagawa's record in Germany is impressive but where will he play for United. I understand he played behind the striker/s at Dortmund and now RVP has signed that won't happen unless Rooney goes to the wing which won't help/please him.

City are the better side IMO and should have had the league sewn up only to hand it to Utd who then gave it straight back. Should be a good battle but I still don't rate the central midfield of United and City will probably bring in at least 2 more (including centre half).

Champions league could have a big affect on it as both were pi$$ poor last season so no distractions in the run in. Fancy City to do better this time around.

City for me then (but I detest Man U so will always go against them)
RVP - United on 13:15 - Aug 16 with 718 viewsTacticalR

RVP - United on 13:07 - Aug 16 by DANRANGER

Kagawa's record in Germany is impressive but where will he play for United. I understand he played behind the striker/s at Dortmund and now RVP has signed that won't happen unless Rooney goes to the wing which won't help/please him.

City are the better side IMO and should have had the league sewn up only to hand it to Utd who then gave it straight back. Should be a good battle but I still don't rate the central midfield of United and City will probably bring in at least 2 more (including centre half).

Champions league could have a big affect on it as both were pi$$ poor last season so no distractions in the run in. Fancy City to do better this time around.

City for me then (but I detest Man U so will always go against them)

In the Bundesliga Kagawa was adept at breaking quickly from midfield and making the right pass to the forwards, or scoring himself. He was very 'German' in being good at choosing the right pass.

Air hostess clique

RVP - United on 14:09 - Aug 16 with 688 viewsTacticalR

Van Persie’s amazing Arsenal demands:
http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php/news/2600/30/Van-Persie-s-amazing-A

My favourite demand is that his personal physio be imported from Holland.

Air hostess clique

RVP - United on 14:29 - Aug 16 with 666 viewsballbag

RVP - United on 15:49 - Aug 16 with 645 viewsTGRRRSSS

Ferdinand, Vidic, Scholes and Giggs also all a year older as well, RVP had a great last couple of years but moving on may or may not work, won't be the big cheese at UNited which may not suit him, he can be injury prone.
It is decent financial business for Arsenal, but not sure it's great for their club, curiously it may not be that great business for UNited either, we'll see.
RVP - United on 18:09 - Aug 16 with 618 viewsoaklandr

Thought UTD were average by their standards last year and only just missed out. WIth VIdic and RVP they will stroll it I think. City don't have as strong a defence. We scored four against them and one against their biggest rivals, enough said
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024