Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Messageboard 12:23 - Sep 24 with 13198 viewsSharpy

Following on from a post by Clive in another thread regarding improving this site what do you all think needs changing if at all ?

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

This Messageboard on 12:25 - Sep 24 with 4714 viewsQPunkR

People posting here really need to learn how to differentiate between 'to' and 'too', as well as 'there', 'their' and 'they're'.

Drives me up the bloody walls

QPR - "shit but local"

This Messageboard on 12:26 - Sep 24 with 4707 viewsA40Bosh

The Posters!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

This Messageboard on 12:26 - Sep 24 with 4703 viewsbaz_qpr

return to page you were on from login - please please, pretty please
This Messageboard on 12:26 - Sep 24 with 4695 viewslondonscottish

If there was only one thing it would be the ability to (easily) edit someone else's quote when responding to what they've said.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

This Messageboard on 12:27 - Sep 24 with 4677 viewsMetallica_Hoop

This Messageboard on 12:26 - Sep 24 by baz_qpr

return to page you were on from login - please please, pretty please

+1

It's ok if it's the top thread but if a page or two back.....

I'm a lazy Kant though.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

This Messageboard on 12:31 - Sep 24 with 4645 viewsAlbRanger

I think there should be a seperate 'members only' section for each clique.
This Messageboard on 12:33 - Sep 24 with 4637 viewsSharpy

I would like to see.

Click on a poster to see there previous posts.
Removal of new posters who are obviously here on a windup.
Some sort of search function for older threads.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

This Messageboard on 12:36 - Sep 24 with 4615 viewsNorthernr

Right, we need to distinguish here. We had a techi thread a while ago, all suggestions were sent to admin and will be incorporated into the new design when we get that. If you have a look at twtd.co.uk that's what we can expect.

What I was saying earlier was in response to hoopstillidie's comment about something being "indicative of the way this board is going lately". If people genuinely feel that the site is going wrong somewhere then we need to have a discussion - be it about editorial, message board moderation etc etc Whatever is annoying or irking you at the moment in that regard I need it out in the open. This site isn't run for my benefit, it's run for yours, so I want to hear what's wrong. And I've got thick skin so slag me off if you like.
Login to get fewer ads

This Messageboard on 12:36 - Sep 24 with 4609 viewsblacky200

This Messageboard on 12:31 - Sep 24 by AlbRanger

I think there should be a seperate 'members only' section for each clique.

A list of cliques
This Messageboard on 12:41 - Sep 24 with 4581 viewsTheBlob

An accurate declaration of gender.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

This Messageboard on 12:45 - Sep 24 with 4553 viewslondonscottish

The site has recently been attracting more WUM's than normal. And there have been some pretty emotional/aggressive threads.

But I can't see how you can legislate against something like that.

Ignoring would seem to be the bast course of action.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

This Messageboard on 12:46 - Sep 24 with 4545 viewsballbag

Agree with Sharpy. Get rid of the wind up merchants.
This Messageboard on 12:46 - Sep 24 with 4541 viewsWokingR

Clive, you need to introduce an entry test
Anybody with an IQ in single figures (and we know they are out there) needs to be removed. Anybody who writes "I would of" instead of "would have" and all those who can't have a discussion without resorting to abuse of anyone who disagrees with them.
Maybe you need to introduce a 3 strikes and you're out rule

This Messageboard on 12:52 - Sep 24 with 4506 viewsblacky200

This Messageboard on 12:46 - Sep 24 by ballbag

Agree with Sharpy. Get rid of the wind up merchants.

Rather than banning people why don't posters stop biting when a troll emerges? I just think that as soon as people start getting banned it is on a slippery slope as we have seen on other message boards when warnings/bans are handed out over petty things. If trolls are ignored they will soon get bored and move on.
This Messageboard on 13:06 - Sep 24 with 4435 viewsBrightonhoop

Leave it as is. The WUMS are half of the fun. We all ought to be capable of moderating ourselves, even if we do get it wrong on occassions.
Those who think it's 'going the wrong way' are free to fark off at anytime. Hasten to add that is not aimed at anyone in particular.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
This Messageboard on 13:21 - Sep 24 with 4376 viewsCharlie1

This Messageboard on 12:52 - Sep 24 by blacky200

Rather than banning people why don't posters stop biting when a troll emerges? I just think that as soon as people start getting banned it is on a slippery slope as we have seen on other message boards when warnings/bans are handed out over petty things. If trolls are ignored they will soon get bored and move on.

It's really hard. I ignore it / them but then you end up posting and looking less which is a shame.

I think you have to just ban them.

you could have an adult and kiddies forum!

I think people have mis read or mis interpreted the clique thing as well. Any negatives that HTID or others allude to will be vastly out weighed by postives. I've met and made many friends from this site. I met someone new yesterday on the way to Spurs. That's a great / good thing? It's not a clique, far from it.

2:59 baby!

This Messageboard on 13:21 - Sep 24 with 4375 viewsrrrspricey

This Messageboard on 12:25 - Sep 24 by QPunkR

People posting here really need to learn how to differentiate between 'to' and 'too', as well as 'there', 'their' and 'they're'.

Drives me up the bloody walls

Me to Punk.

There all stupid coming on hear with they're poor grasp of English. Weir most of us English so please learn how too use you're own language in the correct manor.
This Messageboard on 13:24 - Sep 24 with 4360 viewsak68

I always like to know if a poster was actually at the game when commenting rather than having heard that we were rubbish or watched a feed. I have read reports especially of away games where those who went have a very different view of our performance and particularly an individual's performance from those who didn't go. Some do start with a 'just back' but that doesn't really sound right by monday afternoon.
This Messageboard on 13:25 - Sep 24 with 4356 viewsTW_R

This Messageboard on 13:21 - Sep 24 by rrrspricey

Me to Punk.

There all stupid coming on hear with they're poor grasp of English. Weir most of us English so please learn how too use you're own language in the correct manor.

Yeah - and speak proper like what I does!
This Messageboard on 13:29 - Sep 24 with 4336 viewsCharlie1

This Messageboard on 13:24 - Sep 24 by ak68

I always like to know if a poster was actually at the game when commenting rather than having heard that we were rubbish or watched a feed. I have read reports especially of away games where those who went have a very different view of our performance and particularly an individual's performance from those who didn't go. Some do start with a 'just back' but that doesn't really sound right by monday afternoon.

Now that's a valid post / point.

It irks me at times when usual suspects on here spout of nonsense when they've not been at the game.
I'm not saying those who don't attend matches opinions are not valid. But watching on a screen you do not get the full picture of what is going on etc etc etc.

These people are worse than the WUMs IMO

2:59 baby!

This Messageboard on 13:30 - Sep 24 with 4332 viewsNorthernr

The issue with banning WUM is how do you differentiate between a WUM and somebody who just holds a different opinion from the majority?

I'd never want to create a board where people felt intimidated into not expressing their true opinion. I've never agreed with a single word SpiritofGregory has said in eight years, but that doesn't necessarily make her a WUM, it just means we think differently about every single issue.
This Messageboard on 13:34 - Sep 24 with 4314 viewsTheBlob

I used to run a messageboard where it was up to enough members to decide a course of wum action.

Well if it worked for "MILF Heaven"........

Poll: So how was the season for you?

This Messageboard on 13:35 - Sep 24 with 4308 viewsrrrspricey

This Messageboard on 13:25 - Sep 24 by TW_R

Yeah - and speak proper like what I does!

I say chap, thought you were from RTW.......letting the side down there old boy
This Messageboard on 13:38 - Sep 24 with 4297 viewsWokingR

This Messageboard on 13:30 - Sep 24 by Northernr

The issue with banning WUM is how do you differentiate between a WUM and somebody who just holds a different opinion from the majority?

I'd never want to create a board where people felt intimidated into not expressing their true opinion. I've never agreed with a single word SpiritofGregory has said in eight years, but that doesn't necessarily make her a WUM, it just means we think differently about every single issue.

Differences of opinion are great - They are what make a discussion interesting

It is the resulting abuse that needs to be stamped out
This Messageboard on 13:39 - Sep 24 with 4287 viewsreal_loftus

This Messageboard on 12:36 - Sep 24 by Northernr

Right, we need to distinguish here. We had a techi thread a while ago, all suggestions were sent to admin and will be incorporated into the new design when we get that. If you have a look at twtd.co.uk that's what we can expect.

What I was saying earlier was in response to hoopstillidie's comment about something being "indicative of the way this board is going lately". If people genuinely feel that the site is going wrong somewhere then we need to have a discussion - be it about editorial, message board moderation etc etc Whatever is annoying or irking you at the moment in that regard I need it out in the open. This site isn't run for my benefit, it's run for yours, so I want to hear what's wrong. And I've got thick skin so slag me off if you like.

I think the site is fine. Can I slag you off anyhow?

ATAF.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024