Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Messageboard 12:23 - Sep 24 with 13220 viewsSharpy

Following on from a post by Clive in another thread regarding improving this site what do you all think needs changing if at all ?

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

This Messageboard on 18:38 - Sep 24 with 1518 viewsHollowayRanger

does this mean im not allowed to say im meeting one of my lebo's tonight?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

This Messageboard on 18:41 - Sep 24 with 1520 viewsRodneysgongger

This Messageboard on 18:17 - Sep 24 by Sharpy

Wind up merchant

bit strong..............

oh dear

Oh Dear

This Messageboard on 18:42 - Sep 24 with 1517 viewsessextaxiboy

This Messageboard on 18:38 - Sep 24 by HollowayRanger

does this mean im not allowed to say im meeting one of my lebo's tonight?

Personally I enjoy reading your random posts (not too close to matchday though ) .

This Messageboard on 18:43 - Sep 24 with 1513 viewsted_hendrix

This Messageboard on 18:25 - Sep 24 by ted_hendrix

Jesus wept mate, I couldn't that out

work

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

This Messageboard on 18:46 - Sep 24 with 1506 viewsessextaxiboy

This Messageboard on 18:43 - Sep 24 by ted_hendrix

work

We had that out
This Messageboard on 18:47 - Sep 24 with 1516 viewsPacal_Votan

I think Sharpy has hit the menopause.

"Try the whine!!!"

This Messageboard on 18:58 - Sep 24 with 1505 viewsRangersAreBack

This Messageboard on 18:10 - Sep 24 by DanVanDyke

Spirit of Gregory is a girl? Fcking hell! Well, I now have proof, should my wife ever question me, that females get it wrong. All the time!

I wouldn't change anything from a content point of view, I think the posters that don't conform to the norm are quite funny. Its all about a difference of opinion on a messageboard. The content is amazing, oppo analysis, match previews and reports, it's such a high standard, I don't actually read much else about us on a national level 'cos it wont be as good.

That said, the one irk is the misspelling of our players' names. fair enough we've got the odd difficult surname like Nedum's, but 'Nelson' instead of 'Nelsen' is really winding me up the moment for some reason and lots of posters seem to do it. Maybe a player lexicon to cut and paste from?

SoG has called it right on many occassions and usually backs her arguments with examples and facts. I may not agree with everything she says but you can see that it's from the heart and has QPR's best interests in mind.

It's the mindless morons who resort to personal abuse when they disagree with an opinion or can't think of a suitable reposte that require handling.

What a boring, stale messageboard this would be if we all patted each other on the back and simply toed the party line.
This Messageboard on 18:59 - Sep 24 with 1505 viewsRoller

I’ve thought long and hard about offering up my two pennies worth on this thread as I’ve not been on this forum for more than 10 minutes and I’ve not bothered with an avatar yet. I’m a recent refugee from another forum which I no longer felt able to contribute to although I’ve not really got my shoes under the bed as yet. As I see it there are two different sets of problems that any forum is going to face. The first is wumming, trolling or whatever you wish to label it, which is a pain but we all can live with it. In my experience, it is noticeable that the genuine posters take a back seat when this gets out of hand and when it get to the stage that certain “character” posters are polluting every thread with their agenda something has to be done. The second is far more serious; racism, bigotry and serious abusiveness cannot be tolerated. I’ve not been here long enough to give an informed opinion, but I’ve not notice much of the former and none of the latter. I don't think you have much to worry about.

I would be grateful if we could avoid a discussion on the lines of whether intolerance of bigotry is in fact bigotry.
Login to get fewer ads

This Messageboard on 19:12 - Sep 24 with 1492 viewsSharpy

This Messageboard on 18:47 - Sep 24 by Pacal_Votan

I think Sharpy has hit the menopause.

We have a winner.....Come on down

This Messageboard on 19:14 - Sep 24 with 1486 viewsPacal_Votan

This Messageboard on 19:12 - Sep 24 by Sharpy

We have a winner.....Come on down

You there Wednesday?

"Try the whine!!!"

This Messageboard on 19:17 - Sep 24 with 1477 viewsSharpy

Hoping to mate

This Messageboard on 19:23 - Sep 24 with 1461 viewsBazWoT

It's gone all cliquey again

Is cliquey a word?

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

This Messageboard on 19:29 - Sep 24 with 1445 viewsloftboy

This Messageboard on 19:23 - Sep 24 by BazWoT

It's gone all cliquey again

Is cliquey a word?

Evening Baz

Posted for viewing by the Surrey clique only

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

This Messageboard on 19:54 - Sep 24 with 1439 viewsBazWoT

This Messageboard on 19:29 - Sep 24 by loftboy

Evening Baz

Posted for viewing by the Surrey clique only

This Messageboard on 19:56 - Sep 24 with 1428 viewsloftboy

This Messageboard on 19:54 - Sep 24 by BazWoT

Baz is the one on the right btw

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

This Messageboard on 19:57 - Sep 24 with 1433 viewsBazWoT

This Messageboard on 19:56 - Sep 24 by loftboy

Baz is the one on the right btw

Snigger!

This Messageboard on 20:49 - Sep 24 with 1388 viewsscottjones

A better mobile experience. In fairness no QPR site from org to watrb to even westlondonsport...let alone the new shite offy is great on mobile..but a good mobile experience would be better (and would stand the site out from everything else out there).
This Messageboard on 20:56 - Sep 24 with 1374 viewsGloryHunter

I love this message board. It's the only one I post on regularly apart from the one that deals with my rather nasty and rare illness. But then again, being a QPR supporter might be seen as a rather nasty and rare illness, too.

Thing about watching games on TV or a stream is that you're in a position to watch and post at the same time. I've given up using my phone when at live games, because I always seem to miss the important action. But I wouldn't knock anyone who posts from the couch.
This Messageboard on 21:03 - Sep 24 with 1354 viewsYorkRanger

My tuppence worth.

I think LFW is an excellent site. The quality of the articles generally are excellent and in terms of the message boards its surprising how quickly you get the measure of the posters.

I think generally the site is well moderated. Clive is a fan too so is as entitled to express his views as the next man. Where threads are deleted, I can't think of a time where I have disagreed with that decision.

As for the WUMs - I find them easy to ignore.

I do think anyone should be entitled to post on a game whether they've seen it live or on a stream. Some of the guys on here can only see games via a stream and it would be unfortunate to create a two tier system, with some peoples' views being considered more valuable than others. That said anyone who has read anything I have posted will know I only see about 15-20 games a season and I don't post on the match unless I've been there in person.

I like being part of the LFW community. I grew up in South London where everyone supported Palace, Chelsea and most other London clubs other than Rangers. So other than my Dad, my 2 daughters (who have been indoctrinated whilst in Yorkshire) and the odd random mate who I've dragged along with me, I've seen a lot of Rangers with only the pleasure of my own company. Its nice to exchange views with other supporters.

Finally as to the swearing - I will do as much as the next man and am pretty broad minded but generally can't see the need to litter a post with profanities. The point can normally be made just as clearly without.

That's it keep up the good work Clive.
This Messageboard on 21:56 - Sep 24 with 1322 viewsTacticalR

Agreed. I can't see any problems with the board or the way it's run. It seems fine to me.

When people spend a lot of time on a board things can get out of proportion, and you're bound to get little run-ins every now and then (no problem with that). Most posters seem to know how far they can go.

Over the weekend there was a pointless thread that got nasty and got deleted, which was good. If someone is spending their whole time trying to annoy other posters then they'll get banned.

Air hostess clique

This Messageboard on 22:12 - Sep 24 with 1305 viewswestolian

As it's all his fault, can we not just ban Finney ?

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

This Messageboard on 22:28 - Sep 24 with 1298 viewssevenhoop

This Messageboard on 13:34 - Sep 24 by TheBlob

I used to run a messageboard where it was up to enough members to decide a course of wum action.

Well if it worked for "MILF Heaven"........

This Messageboard on 22:32 - Sep 24 with 1293 viewssevenhoop

Couple

1. Like the idea on being able to see posters' previous threads
2. I like und use the 'away day guides' Norf, but have to scroll through news to find them. Can they have their own tab/link?
This Messageboard on 22:36 - Sep 24 with 1285 viewsNorthernr

This Messageboard on 22:32 - Sep 24 by sevenhoop

Couple

1. Like the idea on being able to see posters' previous threads
2. I like und use the 'away day guides' Norf, but have to scroll through news to find them. Can they have their own tab/link?

On point two, I shall put together an archive and add them to the features menu at the top ASAP.
This Messageboard on 22:49 - Sep 24 with 1263 viewsWokingR

This Messageboard on 20:49 - Sep 24 by scottjones

A better mobile experience. In fairness no QPR site from org to watrb to even westlondonsport...let alone the new shite offy is great on mobile..but a good mobile experience would be better (and would stand the site out from everything else out there).

I've just spotted something you can improve Clive
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024