Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This Messageboard 12:23 - Sep 24 with 13799 viewsSharpy

Following on from a post by Clive in another thread regarding improving this site what do you all think needs changing if at all ?

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

This Messageboard on 22:55 - Sep 24 with 1509 viewsBrixtonR

I don't post very much as by the time I think of anything useful to say someone else has already said it ! but have been coming on here since about 2001. The reports and awayday reviews on here have been a different class to any other Rangers forum in the last few years. I love the way some of the reports go off on tangents that normally kind of eventually have some general point to the overall story - a bit like Ronnie Corbett on acid !

I like the way it's just one forum, it's all a bit too hard work having different sections.

This Messageboard on 22:59 - Sep 24 with 1499 viewsted_hendrix

What about yoga classes on say a Tuesday night? the first Tuesday of each Month sounds good to me. I like a bit of yoga.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

This Messageboard on 23:06 - Sep 24 with 1485 viewsQPRJennyxxx

Think the board should have a pre-post breathalyser. so I don't have to suffer the embarrassment of reading what i've posted the day before and cringe.

Also agree with Blob, should be a clear indication of gender, 'Spirit of Gregory' , a woman? how very misleading.

On the technical front, I agree about finding threads often being difficult and also the log-in problem stated.

Don't think we need to have different sections, the tile of a thread generally gives a clue as what it's about and people can choose to read them or not based on that.

Still the best site.

mmmmmm Lee Cook xxxxxxxxx

This Messageboard on 23:13 - Sep 24 with 1480 viewsBrightonhoop

This Messageboard on 23:06 - Sep 24 by QPRJennyxxx

Think the board should have a pre-post breathalyser. so I don't have to suffer the embarrassment of reading what i've posted the day before and cringe.

Also agree with Blob, should be a clear indication of gender, 'Spirit of Gregory' , a woman? how very misleading.

On the technical front, I agree about finding threads often being difficult and also the log-in problem stated.

Don't think we need to have different sections, the tile of a thread generally gives a clue as what it's about and people can choose to read them or not based on that.

Still the best site.

Perhaps a cross-dressing section for the Ram? ( erm, a wink feels highly inappropriate).
This Messageboard on 23:23 - Sep 24 with 1469 viewsdaib0

This Messageboard on 23:06 - Sep 24 by QPRJennyxxx

Still the best site.

Well, on Royals Rendezvous we've 17 different sections to the forum (12 visible to non-members), and some are calling for even more! There are forums from Man City and Chelsea with TWO DOZEN different sub-sections, ha-ha!

But every place is different, what works for some is unthinkable in others.

This seems to work fine here all together ...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Royals Rendezvous - a friendly Reading forum

This Messageboard on 23:44 - Sep 24 with 1452 viewsSharpy

This Messageboard on 22:59 - Sep 24 by ted_hendrix

What about yoga classes on say a Tuesday night? the first Tuesday of each Month sounds good to me. I like a bit of yoga.

That`s Yoghurt Ted, your getting confused again.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

This Messageboard on 23:51 - Sep 24 with 1445 viewsTrom

This Messageboard on 17:09 - Sep 24 by Northernr

I've written match reports previously having watched the game on Sky. I don't see that being a problem, although I do agree you get a better picture of the game and feel for it by being there.

There does seem to be a direct correlation however between the 5pm brigade - who have obviously watched on a stream - and the 10pm lot who were at the match. Those posting on here immediately after the match do seem to be much more extreme in their views, much harsher on the team, much quicker to call for the manager's head in general.

Three points on that...
1 - I'm not the only one who thinks this because it's a point that's regularly raised with me when I meet new people at games, I'd say 7 or 8 times out of ten people raise this with me.
2 - There's nothing necessarily wrong with being harsh on the team and the manager, but I can understand why it gets the backs up of people who were at the game to fight their way home from bloody Wigan or Blackburn or somewhere thinking we've done alright to sign in and find four hours worth of stuff from people who weren't there saying everything is sht and the sky is falling.
3 - It might actually have nothing to do with being at the game or not at all, it might be down to the individual personalities or the people who don't attend regularly but like to post about the game straight after. This is my theory anyway.

I don't want to create a situation where people who haven't been at the game don't feel they can post for fear of being shouted down by somebody who was. And I don't want people who don't go to a game because they can't afford to or just don't want to - it's only football at the end of the day - to be made to feel bad or inferior for that. I appreciate sometimes my posts may have done this so I apologise if that's the case.

But I think at the same time if you watch the game on a moody feed, then log straight in here at 16.55 with a thread titled SWP IS SHT or HUGHES ALREADY UNDER PRESSURE you should expect some grief. Again, I don't want create board where people don't feel able to respond to such posts with an honest and forthright opinion for fear of hurting somebody's feelings.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Not everyone who posts at 5pm hasn't been to the game. Married with young kids means the after game pub sesh is rare for me. I often use the phone to look at comments on the train home.

With that in mind anything that could make it a little more phone friendly would Ne good. One irritation is trying to click the next page on a small screen and hitting the wrong number.
This Messageboard on 00:18 - Sep 25 with 1420 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Really like the random threads on this site with some useful advice dished out on 'help needed threads'.

Trolls, WUMs, drunks, rival fans, feuds (if kept civilish), deluded individuals and illiterates all add to the fun I reckon.

There still seem to be a fair few who know what they're talking about football-wise and are willing to go into depth in the threads. Although I only started reading the forum posts last year so I don’t know how many fewer there are now than there used to be before they'd had enough.

Anyway, keep up the good work to those that remain and thanks Clive. Glad the format is going to remain similar - don't like the man c, norwich style mb.

It's got to be Yarg

Login to get fewer ads

This Messageboard on 00:58 - Sep 25 with 1402 viewseastside_r

Continuing on the on-line pub theme. The political discourse is often as informed as saloon bar chatter (not necessarily a bad thing.) The locals do get larey, especially after a few and as we have seen recently this sometimes leads to 'an offer outside’.

Therefore what we need is another virtual on-line moderator.

This moderator would, in our mind’s eye, have long permed hair (preferably blonde), wear a miniskirt with an off the shoulder leopard’s skin number and stilettos. This moderator’s roll would be to step in and say:

‘Oy, [insert poster’s name’] leave it, he / she is not worth it’.

This poster need not necessarily be female; we seem to have our fair share of those who are ambivalent about their gender.
This Messageboard on 01:48 - Sep 25 with 1390 viewsKiwi76

This site directly led to 1/3 increase in membership to local QPR supporters club - great that a new arrival to NZ can catch up with folks who share same affliction.

Definitely don't segment threads - as long as title is at least a clue as to content its up to you whether bother to read or not.

Will comment on games where we've had full 90mins coverage and pretty good down here now and even amongst those seeing it live there will be differing opinions on who played well/poorly etc.

Good community on here - would be good to get more chatter going when UK locals are in bed just to keep me ticking over at work.
Appreciate all the hard work Clive.
This Messageboard on 03:17 - Sep 25 with 1381 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Sort out the log in and leave it at that. Don't apply a filter to the boards, it's the stumbling upon threads that makes it what it is and if you stream them we'll all miss threads we'd otherwise have posted on. Scott Jones's idea of good mobile UI is a good one too but I doubt I'll get something I can use on my blackberry (maybe a twitter feed?). All else is good, including the variety of posters. And just like everyone else, Northern, if you got something to say on a thread then say it, and if that means you're always sticking your nose in on every thread...well, we're used to it by now
This Messageboard on 04:10 - Sep 25 with 1374 viewsqprdan

Love the site, even though the "banter" gets a bit boring at times.

I live in NZ and the only way I got tickets for a game when I was back home was due to this site, I also got to watch the 4 year plan(borrowed from an R over here)..Thanks Kiwi76 and GetmeRangers

Clive, great job mate, the humour and insight is appreciated!!

Your rant at Dominos the other night was legendary.
This Messageboard on 04:13 - Sep 25 with 1369 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

This Messageboard on 22:59 - Sep 24 by ted_hendrix

I went to join a Yoga class once. The instructor asked me, how flexible are you?

I said I can't do Saturdays. (c Tommy Cooper)
This Messageboard on 08:26 - Sep 25 with 1333 viewsAunt_Nelly

Best you learn your fcking place...you don’t run this fcking messageboard...you’re fcking plebs.
This Messageboard on 08:51 - Sep 25 with 1313 viewsreal_loftus

This Messageboard on 08:26 - Sep 25 by Aunt_Nelly

Best you learn your fcking place...you don’t run this fcking messageboard...you’re fcking plebs.

lulz

I would like a dedicated area where I can call FFE a GINGERMONGKHUNT without finding ways to avoid the swear filter.

ATAF

ATAF.

This Messageboard on 10:24 - Sep 25 with 1280 viewsWokingR

Is this what you mean by 'Policing' the site Clive ?

This Messageboard on 10:43 - Sep 25 with 1262 viewsHollowayRanger

dont see a problem with this board

maybe limit people to being able to launch 5-10 articals a day and say 50 replies a day to stop idiots swamping it

issue yellow card warnings to swearing and threatning replies giant dick photos lol then reds (week ban) for re offenders

deleating articals (doubles) that have already been started by someone else

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

This Messageboard on 11:17 - Sep 25 with 1244 viewsericgen34

One feature that would be nice is auto-refresh for threads. Would be useful for match threads.

A little less french-bashing comments would be nice too, but I realise it's probably asking for too much :-)
This Messageboard on 11:43 - Sep 25 with 1214 viewsbob566

all i know is i'd quit this site if it ever goes just qpr chat only.
This Messageboard on 11:46 - Sep 25 with 1209 viewshoof_hearted

If it ain't broke...
This Messageboard on 11:49 - Sep 25 with 1202 viewsWokingR

This Messageboard on 10:43 - Sep 25 by HollowayRanger

dont see a problem with this board

maybe limit people to being able to launch 5-10 articals a day and say 50 replies a day to stop idiots swamping it

issue yellow card warnings to swearing and threatning replies giant dick photos lol then reds (week ban) for re offenders

deleating articals (doubles) that have already been started by someone else

That's the problem with giant dick photos !

This Messageboard on 11:51 - Sep 25 with 1198 viewsNorthernr

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Again, these are techi issues rather than editorial which is what we wanted to discuss but on those...

- I've noticed you like to report stuff for abuse. It's only you that struggles with this

- Photo thing has been fixed for the new site.

- Photos come from Action Images and are match action pictures, rather than big panoramic scene setters.
This Messageboard on 11:54 - Sep 25 with 1188 viewsBazWoT

This Messageboard on 11:51 - Sep 25 by Northernr

Again, these are techi issues rather than editorial which is what we wanted to discuss but on those...

- I've noticed you like to report stuff for abuse. It's only you that struggles with this

- Photo thing has been fixed for the new site.

- Photos come from Action Images and are match action pictures, rather than big panoramic scene setters.

"new site"

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

This Messageboard on 11:55 - Sep 25 with 1476 viewsNorthernr

This Messageboard on 11:54 - Sep 25 by BazWoT

"new site"

Yes Baz, they're re-designing the site. I've been saying this for months. I said it earlier on this thread. Look at twtd.co.uk
This Messageboard on 11:56 - Sep 25 with 1474 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Do we keep our post count for the new one?

Might have to start a 'word association' otherwise (jokes). Mind you I'm still only half a Blob

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024