Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back in car 17:31 - Nov 10 with 4692 viewsColDale

Absolutely footballed Wycombe to death. Worst side we have seen this season and it could have been a landslide had we been more clinical. They had no midfield and we passed it round them for fun. Can see them going down.

Given the absolute horror show we witnessed here last season, today felt very good. Even tho I didn't get an inflatable guitar
Back in car on 18:16 - Nov 10 with 3697 viewsmodelboydave

Never made the match as had to work. Was listening to Ainsworth on 3 counties radio his summary -

Wycombe were robbed
Wycombe totally dominated and could scored a lot more
He is proud of the players
Rochdale were lucky

......personally I believe Col !

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Back in car on 18:19 - Nov 10 with 3659 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Col,

Rumour has it that Tutte didn't play well......and subbed late on.

Any reason?

Not injured or owt?.......need him to do well on Tuesday.
Back in car on 18:22 - Nov 10 with 3639 viewsphomem

Back in car on 18:16 - Nov 10 by modelboydave

Never made the match as had to work. Was listening to Ainsworth on 3 counties radio his summary -

Wycombe were robbed
Wycombe totally dominated and could scored a lot more
He is proud of the players
Rochdale were lucky

......personally I believe Col !

I'd go in the middle of the two thought dale were excellent first 15 and then wycombe shaded the rest of the half deserving to be level. After the break the teams cancelled each other out but in the last ten dale got on top again and the rest as they say Is history.

Clear penalty though no way a dive
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Back in car on 18:34 - Nov 10 with 3572 viewsTVOS1907

Back in car on 18:19 - Nov 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

Col,

Rumour has it that Tutte didn't play well......and subbed late on.

Any reason?

Not injured or owt?.......need him to do well on Tuesday.

Wouldn't say he didn't play well. He was perhaps less influential than normal but others more than compensated.

He was only subbed so Putterill could come on for the five minutes of injury time when the manager clearly decided to go for it.

And Ainsworth is talking nonsense. Is he a Port Vale fan?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Back in car on 19:52 - Nov 10 with 3370 viewsQuigley_dale

Not sure this has already been mentioned, but that's the 3rd time in recent years that we've secured 3 points at Whycome (mid nineties name reference) with an injury time winner.

TK pen 1-0 07/08
Alfie 1-0 08/09
And today.
Back in car on 19:58 - Nov 10 with 3332 viewsColDale

Back in car on 19:52 - Nov 10 by Quigley_dale

Not sure this has already been mentioned, but that's the 3rd time in recent years that we've secured 3 points at Whycome (mid nineties name reference) with an injury time winner.

TK pen 1-0 07/08
Alfie 1-0 08/09
And today.

The 3-0 win there had a couple of goals in added time too. Must be something in the air down there.

I know it was probably about half a second in reality but the ball seemed to hang in the air for about 30 seconds after the deflection on Grant's shot. Was a great moment when the reality sank in that it could actually go in.

I know a lot of people have commented recently about feeling detached from the team but that felt like my team today, especially the way they pushed and pushed late on.
Back in car on 20:03 - Nov 10 with 3301 viewsTalkingSutty

Back in car on 19:58 - Nov 10 by ColDale

The 3-0 win there had a couple of goals in added time too. Must be something in the air down there.

I know it was probably about half a second in reality but the ball seemed to hang in the air for about 30 seconds after the deflection on Grant's shot. Was a great moment when the reality sank in that it could actually go in.

I know a lot of people have commented recently about feeling detached from the team but that felt like my team today, especially the way they pushed and pushed late on.

Thats good to hear, i think the depression of the last 18 months is starting to lift both on and off the field.
Back in car on 20:05 - Nov 10 with 3295 viewsYouTubeDale

Yes, after the promotion team that we loved was decimated it takes time to fall in love again with a new team. "Detached"...it's another semi for me at this stage.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Login to get fewer ads

Back in car on 20:10 - Nov 10 with 3261 viewsQuigley_dale

Sounds a bit like that one at rain sodden Accy a few years back.

And yeah I get your point about this team starting to win around the fans.

It was always going to take a while, with the turn around of players, and a totally unfamiliar formation/style of play

Back in car on 20:39 - Nov 10 with 3159 viewsSandyman

Col, were Wycombe today, seriously, worse than Barnet at Spotland this season ?

Can't even think of worse than them.....
Back in car on 21:07 - Nov 10 with 3073 views442Dale

Back in car on 18:34 - Nov 10 by TVOS1907

Wouldn't say he didn't play well. He was perhaps less influential than normal but others more than compensated.

He was only subbed so Putterill could come on for the five minutes of injury time when the manager clearly decided to go for it.

And Ainsworth is talking nonsense. Is he a Port Vale fan?

Just playing for them was enough.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Back in car on 22:33 - Nov 10 with 2918 viewsTVOS1907

Back in car on 20:39 - Nov 10 by Sandyman

Col, were Wycombe today, seriously, worse than Barnet at Spotland this season ?

Can't even think of worse than them.....

Not in my opinion.

They looked quite threatening going forward in the first half and created one or two openings, but after the break they deteriorated towards Barnet standards, without quite reaching them, whatever Ainsworth claims.

Back in car on 22:35 - Nov 10 with 2911 viewsSiDale

I see the beeb are as on the ball as ever.

"And with the game looking likely to end in a draw, Grant's effort deflected in off a defender in the 92nd-minute to earn the hosts three points."

Did Wycombe win, or did we play at home?
Back in car on 22:43 - Nov 10 with 2887 viewsmodelboydave

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/sport/football/leaguetwo/wanderers/wycombewan

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Back in car on 23:21 - Nov 10 with 2826 viewsThreeLions

Col you look to have upset one ot two wycombe fans with.your op, read their forum
Back in car on 23:25 - Nov 10 with 2812 viewsCockneyDale

I wouldn't say we bossed the whole thing, but there was an extended spell in the second half where Wycombe barely touched the ball, especially as they tired. The first half was more even. Our side definitely looked better over the whole game.
Back in car on 23:34 - Nov 10 with 2791 viewsmiddale

Back in car on 22:43 - Nov 10 by modelboydave

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/sport/football/leaguetwo/wanderers/wycombewan

That's the most ridiculous match assessment I've ever heard by Ainsworth! The first half was even and incredibly open, the second half was pretty much one long Dale siege. It was a great team performance, including Tutte who was near MOTM - no idea why he's been criticised.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

Back in car on 23:50 - Nov 10 with 2758 viewsolympicdale

Back in car on 23:21 - Nov 10 by ThreeLions

Col you look to have upset one ot two wycombe fans with.your op, read their forum

sounds like to me we're starting to annoy teams. ;)

Life is a game of fate.

Back in car on 01:57 - Nov 11 with 2664 viewsrochedale

It's a fantastic 3 points.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Back in car on 09:33 - Nov 11 with 2510 viewsColDale

Back in car on 23:21 - Nov 10 by ThreeLions

have seen that. I'm not exactly the type to come on here and making OTT statements. I thought Wycombe were awful and it showed from the first minute to the last. Had we left there yesterday with just a point, it would have been an injustice and I'd have been rightly disappointed.

Wycombe weren't totally talentless. The two fellas up front had plenty about them, and Lillis needed to be on top form at times, but their midfield was non existent and we could and should have put the game to bed a long time before we did. We swarmed all over them time and time again. We passed it round them for fun and at times, we would regain possession every time. I am surprised that our possession stat is only 58%.

I still can't believe that Grant was booked for diving. I was critical of him last week for (IMHO) falling about at Morecambe but when the ref blew his whistle, it didn't even cross my mind that it wasn't a penalty. Grant looked to the away fans astonished at the decision and rightly so.

I know it took a deflection yesterday but Grant's scoring record with us is outstanding, and I'm not even sure he's being played in his best position yet.
Back in car on 10:19 - Nov 11 with 2435 viewsD_Alien

Back in car on 20:03 - Nov 10 by TalkingSutty

Thats good to hear, i think the depression of the last 18 months is starting to lift both on and off the field.

Agreed, but think it'll need a really convincing home performance to seal the deal.

Not sure it'll come against Morecambe on Tuesday, but giving Brizzle Rovers a good stuffing next Saturday would IMO be a huge step forward for the confidence of the team, and the belief of the majority of fans.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Back in car on 12:35 - Nov 11 with 2326 viewsTalkingSutty

Back in car on 10:19 - Nov 11 by D_Alien

Agreed, but think it'll need a really convincing home performance to seal the deal.

Not sure it'll come against Morecambe on Tuesday, but giving Brizzle Rovers a good stuffing next Saturday would IMO be a huge step forward for the confidence of the team, and the belief of the majority of fans.

The home game against the Gas is similar to two or three that we have had this season, games where we turned in wretched displays. By winning that particular match we really put ourselves in the promotion picture, lets see what Saturday brings.
Back in car on 09:48 - Nov 12 with 2029 viewsBigKindo

Back in car on 09:33 - Nov 11 by ColDale

have seen that. I'm not exactly the type to come on here and making OTT statements. I thought Wycombe were awful and it showed from the first minute to the last. Had we left there yesterday with just a point, it would have been an injustice and I'd have been rightly disappointed.

Wycombe weren't totally talentless. The two fellas up front had plenty about them, and Lillis needed to be on top form at times, but their midfield was non existent and we could and should have put the game to bed a long time before we did. We swarmed all over them time and time again. We passed it round them for fun and at times, we would regain possession every time. I am surprised that our possession stat is only 58%.

I still can't believe that Grant was booked for diving. I was critical of him last week for (IMHO) falling about at Morecambe but when the ref blew his whistle, it didn't even cross my mind that it wasn't a penalty. Grant looked to the away fans astonished at the decision and rightly so.

I know it took a deflection yesterday but Grant's scoring record with us is outstanding, and I'm not even sure he's being played in his best position yet.

It was not a dive, Grant was 'converged on' by three defenders, retained the ball well and the third one clipped him. Definite penalty. I thought bringing Adebola on 3 minutes from the end was a great substitution. He consistantly won and retained the ball, Wycombe not knowing how to handle him. Either side of Grant's winner Donnelly had two half chances and I seem to recall Grant had another half chance after he had scored. I thought Wycombe were poor and their Manager Ainsworth exhibited a large bunch of sour grapes. Some of his aftermatch comments weren't too clever either. On BigKindo's 'who would you want to see from their lot signing for Dale' theory there was nobody on their side apart from, perhaps, their scorer No. 17 Joel Grant whose goal was excellent. Mind you, a few short years ago Crewe paid Aldershot £ 130k for him.
Back in car on 10:08 - Nov 12 with 2007 viewsTVOS1907

Back in car on 09:48 - Nov 12 by BigKindo

It was not a dive, Grant was 'converged on' by three defenders, retained the ball well and the third one clipped him. Definite penalty. I thought bringing Adebola on 3 minutes from the end was a great substitution. He consistantly won and retained the ball, Wycombe not knowing how to handle him. Either side of Grant's winner Donnelly had two half chances and I seem to recall Grant had another half chance after he had scored. I thought Wycombe were poor and their Manager Ainsworth exhibited a large bunch of sour grapes. Some of his aftermatch comments weren't too clever either. On BigKindo's 'who would you want to see from their lot signing for Dale' theory there was nobody on their side apart from, perhaps, their scorer No. 17 Joel Grant whose goal was excellent. Mind you, a few short years ago Crewe paid Aldershot £ 130k for him.

Adebola came on in the 87th minute!

Ainsworth reminded me of Steve Eyre with his comments.

Back in car on 11:29 - Nov 12 with 1943 viewsBigKindo

Back in car on 10:08 - Nov 12 by TVOS1907

Adebola came on in the 87th minute!

Ainsworth reminded me of Steve Eyre with his comments.

Plus there was 5 minutes overtime.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024